[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

4 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

@AsveriaPSJ lmfao, for some reasons I remembered your comments xD This k-netz gets you, he/she also wants to pinch their cheeks :lol:

i knew it Kim da mi will be no 1 again.

holy crap 30.19 points is a lot 

well it is understandable that two big drama has ended but welll once again itaewon showing their supremacy in viewership.

feels good that na ra also in top 10. 

LETS GO

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 4

@serenilmauve @Samuel Yohanes

KDM at #1B)!!!PSJ & KN on the list:w00t:.

I think the only real competition is Hi Bye Mama with Kim Tae Hee. That drama is already to good start & it is airing the same time as IC on a bigger cable network. Hopefully IC stays strong throughout. I'm hoping for a 15% next week since it ended at a cliff hanger with JYS. Everyone is loving KDM as JYS;)! Also what does those numbers mean? The 30.19? 

Also, I'm curious as to what the SK viewers think of IC so far in terms of the story/character relationships.

• Like 4

Making film ep.7

@greenwatch08 Hi,Bye Mama is 21:00 drama, while IC 22:50. Hyena 22:00 and Tell me what you saw the only drama that airs at the same time as IC on Friday. 

30.19% is buzz/talk share from all dramas that were aired that week. 
No wonder, though, it’s was like on Naver top 3 most searched dramas whole week. Even Hi,Bye Mama couldn’t move it from #1 spot on Saturday and Sunday.

• Like 5

@serenilmauve

Thanks for the info. I forgot about those drama. I didn't know TMWYS aired already. I see that Hyena & Hi Bye Mama is on Netflix too. It's going to be a grand ball each week then. Wow, even the great Kim Tae Hee couldnt budge it to the top. IC definitely has a strong social media buzz/presence. I'm so happy for KDM. She's killing it each week with PSJ. I can see why they ranked so high together because they both have very memorable scenes as JYS & SRY in last weeks episodes. 

I'm really excited for this week episodes. Also, for the 2nd conference, I'm curious what it'll be about? 

• Like 1

@Alice Wonderland Truee, it's so heartbreaking watching the poor boy reminisces his one sided love moments.. He maybe acting like a loser now but he's not that dense, he knew that JYS is acting out of the ordinary and there is something.. just sucks that it had to be his worst nightmare, JYS falling in love with someone else. Ugh, half of me wants them to end up together.. but we know how that'll turn out if that ever happens, JYS the superior one and JGS the sweet smitten boy.. a scenario coming straight out of a manga :lol:

7 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

My fear is her character falling into the trope of "mental illness = bad, must be fix in order to be good" So far, it doesnt read that way.

So even though she learns from experiences & growth, her way of thinking will still be intact. That's why she said she will try to understand SRY(mindset) & has been written in several incidents where she doesnt read the situation like SRY. JYS thinks from A straight to Z in a rational sense while SRY thinks from a A to B to C-etc sense. 

Sorry for cutting some of it, but this struck right in the nail.. couldn't be said better. I hope it doesn't reach that route too.. the drama is too good to give us that nutshell. The later part is the real deal! I hate to have this argument with Realistic vs Idealistic.. There are some instance where JYS is more mature than SRY, evidently shown by running Danbam. In real life HY would have been let go, food business without the taste is a no no. It's either replacing or get some more help, that's one way to deal with it.. but he refused and stand firm, thankfully it came through.. SRY's idealism is not to be hated, I do stand with him.. the world would have been a better place if everyone thinks like him.. but the world is a richard simmons. I'm looking forward to them trying to meet each other's ends.

Got to say the cliffhanger slays! I love the music and I go crazy for the whole scene.. it screams like "richard simmons IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!" I'm too hype, I mean JYS might be a 20yr old but in a sense she might be on par with Chairman Jang, just like SA before who caught his attention a decade ago. The only difference is JYS came to slay she gives off this vibe that I came to hunt.. blood thirst. If you guys happen to watch Yong Pal, they call this high rollers(ie Chairman Jang) as alligators in a swamp(industry)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve @Samuel Yohanes

KDM at #1B)!!!PSJ & KN on the list:w00t:.

I think the only real competition is Hi Bye Mama with Kim Tae Hee. That drama is already to good start & it is airing the same time as IC on a bigger cable network. Hopefully IC stays strong throughout. I'm hoping for a 15% next week since it ended at a cliff hanger with JYS. Everyone is loving KDM as JYS;)! Also what does those numbers mean? The 30.19? 

Also, I'm curious as to what the SK viewers think of IC so far in terms of the story/character relationships.

noooo they air at 100% different time and wont meet each other.

one is friday satuday 23:00 kst 

one is saturday sunday 21:00 kst

the only drama both have met is Hyena which possibly had clashing airing time with hi bye mama ending  and itaewon start.

but i bet Hi Bye mama will catch their high rating soon the receipent of the netizen for first two episode is great but i believe it will not impact Itaewon class rating. just like itaewon wont impact hi bye mama. 

this is shameless promotion but if u guys bored waiting for itaewon like me... try watch hi bye mama it is also on netflix!! me aswell only watch two drama every week ( itaewon and hi bye mama ) both hooked me up so much haha

• Like 2

6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

At first, I thought he wanted to do so because she is his first love or being nostalgic, but now I think it’s because SR simply has a good heart and truly wants to protect his people. He regards her no different from his friends/family at Danbam. 

What I hope will be better illustrated in the story is that she doesn’t seem to be changing for a crush or adjusting to SR, but that in her quest for “love and success”, she recognizes herself the positive impacts the people she met along the way have had on her development. Ultimately, I do see that she and SR both "need" each other.

At first, I didn’t understand why she called him a fool for it, but I think partly it’s because if we really think about it, is there really anyone out there who can be this kind in this situation.

Me too.  I don't think SA loves SR in a romantic sense.  I would go even one more step to stay SR feels protective toward SA, not necessarily that he is in love with her.  She was once someone important to his father so they will always be bound by this pseudo family relationship.  He's his father's son.  Like Mr Park, SR supports those who rely on him.  He's good at noticing their strengths and guide them to correct their mistakes.  Just like his father, he stands by his people.  Unlike Chairman Jang, who revels in getting to the top by crushing those weaker than him, SR believes in partnership and loyalty for success.  

As for Yiseon, that idea, the belief that she can find both success and love is one that will teach her to compromise and learn to live in someone else's shoes.  I agree, even though this coming of age journey for YiSeon may have started out for a man, she has learned to be more considerate toward others. Geun Soo, despite his puppy love, is a man who loves her for who she is.  Toni, willing to endure prejudice, cares deeply for two things - his identity and a community to belong to.  They deserved to be understood and treated with respect.  I like how Yi Seo she responded from her mistakes.  Although these DanBam characters maybe considered "broken" members of society, perhaps even people whom Yi Seon disregarded as below her intelligent level, they have in their ways so much to teach her still.

• Like 3

Sooah with shorter hair after timejump?  :rolleyes:

I knew it KDM would top the buzzworthy again. Also PSJ and KNR in top 10 :glasses:

36 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

this is shameless promotion but if u guys bored waiting for itaewon like me... try watch hi bye mama it is also on netflix!! me aswell only watch two drama every week ( itaewon and hi bye mama ) both hooked me up so much haha

Is it good? Feel bored waiting for IC, I'm thinking to watch I'll Find You on A Beautiful Day, but now you make me hesitate to choose. Just like you, i only watch 2 on going dramas every week :D

• Like 4

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@taeunfighting

I would not be friends with someone like SA who decided to work/continue to work for people responsible for my parent's death/imprisonment. I dont care if your an orphan with a sob story who needs money to go to school. It would not be me. 

So, in other words, you're a selfish friend who does not care about the fact that your friends need to earn a living and that sometimes in life you gotta do what you have to do to survive. For all you know, that job might have been the only job available to her, someone with no connections, no family and friends, especially in a country like SK, where nepotism is rampant. So you expect your friend to starve? What good would do for you and her??

4 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@taeunfighting

JYS in the other hand, feels like alot of people would actually have friends like her even with her behavior/

attitude, sociopath or not. I'm sure everyone has gone through their fair share of friends with her personality. Realistically I wouldn't be friends with her but if people like her are willing to change for the better maybe she isnt so bad lol.

Lol, are we watching the same drama? JYS, with a lot of friends???? The same JYS who literally did not give a richard simmons about her best friend GS and kicked him to the curb?? What change did she show? She only took GS back (hell she said it to his face) because Sae Ro Yi was pissed at her for doing that. In other words, all throughout, she treats HER BEST FRIEND like an object depending on how she thinks it helps her with Sae Ro Yi. If she has liked some other guy who wanted her to kick GS to the curb instead of a nice person like Sae Ro Yi, GS would have been unfriended by her immediately. I don't know anyone who would want to be friends with a person who can so easily throw away a friendship simply for her own goals and desires. I find it hilarious that you give JYS a pass because of her personality, but does not give SA any excuses because of her background. 

59 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Me too.  I don't think SA loves SR in a romantic sense.  I would go even one more step to stay SR feels protective toward SA, not necessarily that he is in love with her.

Sigh, since when do people go around kissing people they have no romantic feelings towards? SA said it herself, that SR shined too brightly. I don't know if she loves him, but she definitely likes him in a romantic sense. As for SR towards SA, y'all really trying to do mental gymnastics to downgrade his feelings towards her. He was: a) notably flustered when she linked her arms with his in episode 3. He also asked her for a little date after closing time (didn't happen because of the underage drinking); b) accepted her kiss by closing his eyes (or would have accepted if not for JYS intervention); c) noticeably more touchy with her when he/she's upset (held her hands at the bus stop for example). All these behaviors of his are noticeably absent towards his Dambam team. You can argue that maybe their love is romanticized by both of them a bit, but their feelings towards each other are definitely romantic, not platonic, especially SR towards SA. He is a person who is very clear about what he wants and what his goals are, and one of these goals has been (for a long time now) to date SA. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

Also, the hate for SA in this thread is ridiculous, especially from those who claims that she hasn't done anything for SR. Really? First of all, if not for SA, SR would either be rotting in jail right now for murder or dead because he attempts to kill GW and gets shot instead. SA literally saves and allows him to even have a future, but I guess for some reason y'all all overlook that. She was the one who was able to get through to him at his lowest. Not only that, she was a friend, an emotional support for him at his lowest moments, from the funeral all throughout his jail time. It may seem insignificant, but emotional support is literally so freaking important to stay sane, so again, why are y'all discounting that? Her letters were the reasons he cite that helped him tremendously to keep his head up and get out of jail still a normal person. While he was in jail, she also was the one who helped liquidated his father's restaurants and gets him money for it, so I guess y'all are forgetting that too? 

Also, please name a single thing that SA has done to intentionally hurt SR. What exactly has she done?? Accept a scholarship and then work at Jangga even tho she knew the boss was evil? So then should all Apple, Walmart, Amazon workers quit because all those companies (and basically all big corps) heavily abuse child labor and their own workers in third-world countries....And SR was basically gone for 10 years (3 years in jail and then 7 years fishing), so she had to survive completely alone. At that point, you take what you can get to live. And for all those people who wants her to quit Jangga and join Danbam to be a good friend for Sae Ro Yi...what type of friend would Sae Ro Yi be if he lets his love and his friend quit a great job for his sake?? Heck, how many of y’all would turn down a great job offer simply because the company’s ethics are not good? Is Soo Ah a bit selfish at times? Sure, but who tf in real life is not looking out for their best interests? She’s a person with her own worth too, and as long as she does not hurt her friends (AND AGAIN, SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING THAT HURT SAE RO YI), why isn’t she allowed to chase after her own desires? Maybe once she's actually forced to choose between the company and SR it'll be different, but for now, she hasn't done anything to intentionally hurt him. 

At the end of the day, for me, right now SA is a much better match for SR because they understand each other. You can say whatever you want about SR opening up to JYS and needing her at his company, but yet JYS still does not understand him at all despite hearing his past and his revenge plan. SA does (that's how she was easily able to help JYS). Conversely, SR gets her, that because of her past, right now she can't be on any team but team Soo Ah. I just want the girl who has been dealt so many losing hands to win once in her life, and the girl who has always had it easy and found everything so easy to learn that in life, sometimes you don't get what you want (and plus GS is a fantastic option B, just saying). 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wisely1300 said:
Spoiler

Also, the hate for SA in this thread is ridiculous, especially from those who claims that she hasn't done anything for SR. Really? First of all, if not for SA, SR would either be rotting in jail right now for murder or dead because he attempts to kill GW and gets shot instead. SA literally saves and allows him to even have a future, but I guess for some reason y'all all overlook that. She was the one who was able to get through to him at his lowest. Not only that, she was a friend, an emotional support for him at his lowest moments, from the funeral all throughout his jail time. It may seem insignificant, but emotional support is literally so freaking important to stay sane, so again, why are y'all discounting that? Her letters were the reasons he cite that helped him tremendously to keep his head up and get out of jail still a normal person. While he was in jail, she also was the one who helped liquidated his father's restaurants and gets him money for it, so I guess y'all are forgetting that too? 

Also, please name a single thing that SA has done to intentionally hurt SR. What exactly has she done?? Accept a scholarship and then work at Jangga even tho she knew the boss was evil? So then should all Apple, Walmart, Amazon workers quit because all those companies (and basically all big corps) heavily abuse child labor and their own workers in third-world countries....And SR was basically gone for 10 years (3 years in jail and then 7 years fishing), so she had to survive completely alone. At that point, you take what you can get to live. And for all those people who wants her to quit Jangga and join Danbam to be a good friend for Sae Ro Yi...what type of friend would Sae Ro Yi be if he lets his love and his friend quit a great job for his sake?? Heck, how many of y’all would turn down a great job offer simply because the company’s ethics are not good? Is Soo Ah a bit selfish at times? Sure, but who tf in real life is not looking out for their best interests? She’s a person with her own worth too, and as long as she does not hurt her friends (AND AGAIN, SHE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING THAT HURT SAE RO YI), why isn’t she allowed to chase after her own desires? Maybe once she's actually forced to choose between the company and SR it'll be different, but for now, she hasn't done anything to intentionally hurt him. 

At the end of the day, for me, right now SA is a much better match for SR because they understand each other. You can say whatever you want about SR opening up to JYS and needing her at his company, but yet JYS still does not understand him at all despite hearing his past and his revenge plan. SA does (that's how she was easily able to help JYS). Conversely, SR gets her, that because of her past, right now she can't be on any team but team Soo Ah. I just want the girl who has been dealt so many losing hands to win once in her life, and the girl who has always had it easy and found everything so easy to learn that in life, sometimes you don't get what you want (and plus GS is a fantastic option B, just saying). 

Not liking her or sympathizing with her actions, holding her exactly accountable for what she did is not the same as hating. I'm not sure, what exactly Oh Soo Ah supporters try to prove. That we should like her or what? She did good things and no one ignoring it, I personally a couple of times wrote that she was someone very meaningful to Park Sae Roy because of her support, that's why he can let her go with anything towards him. But good and bad things should be held accountable as they are. And I'm not sure about Apple, Google, etc. and other companies with their employees, but if I personally knew someone and that person was like a father to me (what she said herself), then killed in accident and his death was covered (with Oh Soo Ah help, but let's ignore this moment) by my employers I would never be able to work at that company. You maybe want to give her a pass, that's okay. You can view her actions as excusable, that's okay too. We all have a different moral compass because we process society and information differently. But since the story about not giving up your principles for an easy life, I personally agree with narrative, that her working in Jangga knowing their history is very questionable. I'm pretty sure even in highly competitive SK there are better career options, than working for people, who you know killed your father figure. 
That's saying a lot about us as humans, that we give a lot of slack for each other, saying, that whatever wrong we're doing is "understandable", "surviving", "realistic" and "others doing it too", while Park Sae Roy is "unrealistic" type of character... That’s addressed to humanity, not someone personal. No one is saint;))

And she and PSR don't understand each other. She also pretty clearly said so herself. And while JYS can't understand him completely too, she tries to see the world as he does. A 20 years old girl should have room to grow following someone, who knows what is an empathy. 

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

@wisely1300

I'm saying from my perspective in REAL LIFE (not in kdrama land) that I would not be friends with SA in a general sense(regardless whatever background she comes from). I'm not talking about living in SKorea. Im saying if she was my friend who worked & continued to work for people for 10 years who is responsible for my father's death & my imprisonment, I would not be friends with her anymore. Btw, I dont even hate SA as a character.

And for JYS, I'm not giving her an excuse. Let me clarify. If you put her mental illness aside (as in if she didnt have her disorder) who just simply have behavioral problems/attitude and decides that shes willing to change and be better, I'd say okay if she actually becomes a better person. I'd never said JYS was right. You'd be suprise how much people in REAL LIFE with sh*tty behavior/attitude actually do in fact have (many)friends. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@wisely1300

I'm sure literally everyone on this thread is fully AWARE how much SRY likes SA. SA even knows that too. I know that too. The next person to post whatever next on this thread knows that. Everyone knows that here. SRY repeats it so many times. Like what else is new???  I'm not down playing his friendship with SA but the things is SRY has formed a close-knit bond with Danbam. SA isnt just the only important person to him anymore. Danbam is what he calls 'my people'. That's why SA says she's jealous. Also, he's been emotionally/

physically dependent on Danbam. He says the reason he can GO ON is HIS BELIEF in Dandam crew. That's why he tells SA he cant see Danbam without JYS or losing any of his crew. The thought of not having any of them by his side makes him angry. As for the physical touches, he literally pats JYS on the head everytime because he finds her impressive. He even let's JYS lock arms with his & let's her into his personal space physically & emotionally, hence that very INTIMATE scene in episode 7. SRY even brought JYS head towards his shoulder & smiled. SRY hugs JGS & pats his head to reassure JGS that hes not at fault because of his sh*tty family. SRY & Danbam crew put all their hands on eachother in a circle to hooray for their success. Btw, his interactions/scenes with Danbam team is so much more engaging by ten folds than his with SA. Danbam is literally his 'found family'. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, tok-soompi said:

Hmm... issue with high IQ people: they have an intellectual much older than he or herself (in this context, YS may have higher itellectual than SRY) but may not have the life experience (which includes social interaction) to know as many things that does not come from brain.  Moreover SY is diagnosed more than 70% to be a socialpath.

Usually high IQ in general will have some sort of social issues.  If you watched Big Bang Theory (American sitcom), you will totally understood what i mean.  Keke!

:)

yup understood what u mean.. i'm a big fan of the big bang theory :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, wisely1300 said:

((Skip))

Lol, are we watching the same drama? JYS, with a lot of friends???? The same JYS who literally did not give a richard simmons about her best friend GS and kicked him to the curb?? What change did she show? She only took GS back (hell she said it to his face) because Sae Ro Yi was pissed at her for doing that. In other words, all throughout, she treats HER BEST FRIEND like an object depending on how she thinks it helps her with Sae Ro Yi. If she has liked some other guy who wanted her to kick GS to the curb instead of a nice person like Sae Ro Yi, GS would have been unfriended by her immediately. I don't know anyone who would want to be friends with a person who can so easily throw away a friendship simply for her own goals and desires. I find it hilarious that you give JYS a pass because of her personality, but does not give SA any excuses because of her background. 

((Skip))

Eh.. GS is never her best friend.  She even pushed another player to win a race when she is young.  Kicking another person to the curb for her to succeed is a very possible move.

YS even find herself most foolish that a human being can do to herself when she realised she is attracted to him during their night of drink.  She is that blunt including to herself.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

Not liking her or sympathizing with her actions, holding her exactly accountable for what she did is not the same as hating. I'm not sure, what exactly Oh Soo Ah supporters try to prove. That we should like her or what? She did good things and no one ignoring it, I personally a couple of times wrote that she was someone very meaningful to Park Sae Roy because of her support, that's why he can let her go with anything towards him. But good and bad things should be held accountable as they are. And I'm not sure about Apple, Google, etc. and other companies with their employees, but if I personally knew someone and that person was like a father to me (what she said herself), then killed in accident and his death was covered (with Oh Soo Ah help, but let's ignore this moment) by my employers I would never be able to work at that company. You maybe want to give her a pass, that's okay. You can view her actions as excusable, that's okay too. We all have a different moral compass because we process society and information differently.

And she and PSR don't understand each other. She also pretty clearly said so herself. And while JYS can't understand him completely too, she tries to see the world as he does. A 20 years old girl should have room to grow following someone, who knows what is an empathy. 

Sorry if I was unclear, but I wasn’t directing that at you, but rather at the many people on this thread who likes to dismiss Soo Ah as simply a terrible person who has never done anything for SR and is a richard simmons friend. Then they use that conclusion to question why is SR still in love with her. I’m perfectly down for a nuanced discussion of Soo Ah and her morals, I was just responding to others who basically erased the past for their “Soo Ah is terrible” narrative. 

Also, SR and SA does understand each other. That’s what allows her to be able to reach him when he was about to murder GW and allows him to always cheer her on even though she’s on an independent path. I also disagree that JYS (at least right now) is growing by trying to see the world as SR does because imo, right now, she’s only doing what he wants without trying to wonder why he wants that, so that he won’t hate her. She even told GS as much when she “befriend” him again. 

2 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@wisely1300

I'm sure literally everyone on this thread is fully AWARE how much SRY likes SA. SA even knows that too. I know that too. The next person to post whatever next on this thread knows that. Everyone knows that here. SRY repeats it so many times. Like what else is new???  I'm not down playing his friendship with SA but the things is SRY has formed a close-knit bond with Danbam. SA isnt just the only important person to him anymore. Danbam is what he calls 'my people'. 

I wasn’t responding to you either...but nowhere in my response did I say Danbam was not important to him??? I was just asserting that right now, SR still definitely very much likes/loves SA (and I think she definitely reciprocated some of that). Some people that I was responding to was just trying to claim that SR basically sees her only platonically. Sorry if it seems I was directing my response at you.

• Like 2
  • Love 1