[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

8 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Wow, that rule is really BS

If this is the case, will other social media platform do the same?

This is IG's policy ...other platforms can still be used. Twitter, YT etc

More here

https://forums.soompi.com/announcement/137-update-4-new-rule-no-more-instagram-embedded-posts/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/06/instagram-just-threw-users-of-its-embedding-api-under-the-bus/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/5/21281618/instagram-photo-embed-sublicense-copyright-lawsuit-newsweek-mashable

I hope the flashbacks will not take the whole part of S2.

Some are good but only to make us understand better the characters and the story.

I would love to see some flashbacks of Jeong won 's POV  and how he fell for Gyeoul :P

But as a person I love to look ahead because otherwise you are stuck in the past.

I agree with other posters that when I started watching the drama I believed I was watching a wise series and trusted the title of the series.

If they wanted to do a new installment of Answer Me they could also name it  Reply 99.

Every one of course can believe in everything he wants and like but personally I dont think a 40 year man who his whole life was living with the idea of priesthood and in a Catholic environment with no human desires except the last year when he met a particular one will suddenly starting behave as a man hungry for lust and  go after alluring girls.If that was the case he would not fall for a girl that has 4 outfit for the whole year depends the season.

I read above that the writer will try to satisfy and speak to the Korean viewers then even more the love lines we saw already will stay like this until the end.

First loves in your 20s are cute and always have a place in your heart but what is important is the love that moved you and made you rethink who you are and what you want to do.

If a person made you  reconsider  your whole existence I find it hard to believe that you will go and think -if there is anything to think -the person that you liked in your 20s but obviously you  did not like her enough to make you change your mind.

I think by having those kind of thoughts we make injustice  to  JeongWon's character  and to the writer /director's writing ability as well  because we want to justify our own desire.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

If they were to have scenes from their days back then, one thing I personally want to see is a story/scenario that inspired each of them to pursue their respective specialization field.

I totally forgot about JeongWon’s character description’s part of his ‘love in his 20’s’ since Personally I feel like the whole season 1 didn’t even address or imply it to the slightest. 

so wouldn’t it be weird to suddenly have flashbacks about his supposed ‘first love’ in season two now when there was no indication at all in season one? What’s the point of it? Unless it meant to introduce a ‘love rival’ to WG relationship? :blink: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Anybody who read hangul can help me? I was looking for the name of the actress who played as a pregnant woman who lose her baby. I cannot find her name in any english sites featuring Hospital Playlist cast. Her acting truly impress me and I want to know her name so badly. And if she has IG I want to support her.

what in the world is our  WINTERGARDEN doing nowadays, maybe busy dating getting to know each other :wub: I wonder how sweet will be Jwon to Gweol :D because Jwon is not the flaunting type. Does Madam Rosa often ask Gweol to come to their house i believe they will be the best mother and daughter in law.

Maybe Gweol became more busy and popular in Season 2 then Jwon will get jealous of her work and ask her to quit and marry him so they could spend more time together :wub:

Can't wait for SEASON 2 :D Did they start shooting already?

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

If they were to have scenes from their days back then, one thing I personally want to see is a story/scenario that inspired each of them to pursue their respective specialization field.

I totally forgot about JeongWon’s character description’s part of his ‘love in his 20’s’ since Personally I feel like the whole season 1 didn’t even address or imply it to the slightest. 

so wouldn’t it be weird to suddenly have flashbacks about his supposed ‘first love’ in season two now when there was no indication at all in season one? What’s the point of it? Unless it meant to introduce a ‘love rival’ to WG relationship? :blink: 

I still don't think the "love in his 20s" part means a romantic love....In one of the translations I read, it was subbed as "love that came to him in his 20s" so it could also mean one sided love on the girl's part, whoever that is. I just think the phrase is used in a more general sense to emphasize that a lot of girls came after him, he is handsome and kind afterall, but no one made him turn his head or reconsider his childhood dream until he met Gyeo ul. In conclusion I bet my money on Jeong won's first love being Gyeo ul. LOL. 

• Like 10
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

I still don't think the "love in his 20s" part means a romantic love....In one of the translations I read, it was subbed as "love that came to him in his 20s" so it could also mean one sided love on the girl's part, whoever that is. I just think the phrase is used in a more general sense to emphasize that a lot of girls came after him, he is handsome and kind afterall, but no one made him turn his head or reconsider his childhood dream until he met Gyeo ul. In conclusion I bet my money on Jeong won's first love being Gyeo ul. LOL. 

or god

his love in his 20s..when his hormones realized god could be an option :P

(See.. JW was always meant to make this drama BL.. unnecessary complications in my JW-SH love story)

(for super sensitive souls wandering here itching to retort... think, chill, see the intent.. and move on)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I've shared this before that my intepretation of Jeong Won's "love in his 20s" doesn't necessarily mean it is his first love - it could be his love and passion for god and paediatrics/medicine. I am also trying to not be too hung up over character descriptions as much as I am with writer and director's past work. 

Their past story would definitely help to understand the characters more especially to resolve the confusion, provide clarify and align the viewers with characters and writers - especially with some interpretations of ships. Their pasts and all they've experienced and learned undeniably help shape the way they are now.  However, their present is more important. Some feelings and decisions in the past could be fixed or corrected in the present - however, most people chose to accept that some things in the pasts happened the way that it was meant to be and moved on with their present. The possibilities  are there, and it is still possible to pick up where the person left off - but it is still replaced by new memories, new choices and new feelings. 

This is why it is better to live in the present moment, decide your choices now, instead of regretting and living in the past. 

So I would rather the rest of the seasons focused more on the present - the growth of the characters both professionally and personally either individually or because they now have someone else as their additional support system. How do they live in the present and potentially in the future. Of course, flashbacks would help tell the story more and help with the comparison of their growth then and now. 

Is there a need to relive the past, as if the past would completely decide how they ought to live now in the present.

In the first season alone, the characters have shown more maturity and growth, different choices they made and influence on other people by just being themselves - I hope there are others like me who are also excited to find out more of how they would with what life will throw at them and how they would continue to touch and impact others. 

Jeong Won and Gyeo Ul's development both individually and together are still what I am fully interested in, but there are other elements of the dramas including the characters that I am looking forward to. I hope both writer and director remain consistent with this in the next seasons with minimal flashbacks. I am grateful that they provided certainty with Winter Garden in last season, if otherwise, I would be taking the rest of the remaining months to accept it so I can be open minded with Season 2. 

Be present, move forward without being stuck in the past. 

• Like 6
  • Love 11
  • Insightful 2

On 6/18/2020 at 9:47 PM, snowlou said:

And seok min - seon bin development too for me. They will make a cute pair!

@snowlou

I would love to see this pairing too but I am not sure it will go this way.

In episode 2 SeokMin says to SB /Captain Ahn if they are one item.I dont think he said the line only to say something.

Maybe his words is a hint for future episodes.

@__jesse

very insightful as are all your posts.

I feel lucky I got attached  only to Jeongwon/Gyeoul relation because I could not endure the uncertainty for 12 more episodes.

I would love to see IJ the person who cares for everyone, patients,hospital friends, life friends to find the happiness he is yearning as a man.

He deserves a second change.

Edited by kiklaminHo
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

@snowlou

I would love to see this pairing too but I am not sure it will go this way.

In episode 2 SeokMin says to SB /Captain Ahn if they are one item.I dont think he said the line only to say something.

Maybe his words is a hint for future episodes.

I think i remember that scene too..seok min asked whether there's something going on between Cap and Seon Bin..and then later on Yun Bok said he's old fashioned for thinking man and woman can't be friend :joy: (and later on in the ep jwan said the same thing to shwa ex). I don't mind either if SB is to be set up with Cap... I like her character very much so i'm rooting for her and plus the two guys are also awesome. But this will just be like IJ-Shwa-Cap all over again -_- 

Can someone provide context on Seon bin (SB) and Capt Ahn?  Are they the same year level?  I honestly thought that both Dragon aka Seokmin and SB are the same year level.  Hence, I got a bit confused when Capt Ahn became the Chief. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, akikisetsu said:

Can someone provide context on Seon bin (SB) and Capt Ahn?  Are they the same year level?  I honestly thought that both Dragon aka Seokmin and SB are the same year level.  Hence, I got a bit confused when Capt Ahn became the Chief. 

Dragon was already there. SB and Capt Ahn are of same batch 3rd year Intern, from same school. Dragon is going to take the exam soon so he is handing over his Chief position to Capt Ahn. 

On 6/21/2020 at 12:45 AM, kiefshi1056 said:

what in the world is our  WINTERGARDEN doing nowadays, maybe busy dating getting to know each other :wub: I wonder how sweet will be Jwon to Gweol :D because Jwon is not the flaunting type. Does Madam Rosa often ask Gweol to come to their house i believe they will be the best mother and daughter in law.

Maybe Gweol became more busy and popular in Season 2 then Jwon will get jealous of her work and ask her to quit and marry him so they could spend more time together :wub:

Can't wait for SEASON 2 :D Did they start shooting already?

I am thinking of who will pay the bill for the dates :D must be Ms Winter because we all know JWon always broke. Where would they hanging out, where would they sleep? Gweol is living with her brother so they cannot hold the dates there, Jwon is living with Jwan.... I hope the Ahn family still has a house in Seoul for the couple :wub:

On 6/21/2020 at 1:35 AM, kokodus said:

Me too. I has a strong feeling that SongHwa love in the student years is Jwon, there is just too many hint about that. I triggered it from ep 2 when SHwa sing a line in the song "Introduce me a good person" - "I want to lean on the shoulder of someone who has a nice hand". And then she did exacly the same in ep 10, she goes out the door with Jwon to get the wood stove she ordered, she put her head on his shoulder. And in this episode, when Jwon riding with Jwan, telling that he has sold his sick car, Jwon is applying the hand cream. 

• Love 4

1 hour ago, yyscrush said:

Me too. I has a strong feeling that SongHwa love in the student years is Jwon, there is just too many hint about that. I triggered it from ep 2 when SHwa sing a line in the song "Introduce me a good person" - "I want to lean on the shoulder of someone who has a nice hand". And then she did exacly the same in ep 10, she goes out the door with Jwon to get the wood stove she ordered, she put her head on his shoulder. And in this episode, when Jwon riding with Jwan, telling that he has sold his sick car, Jwon is applying the hand cream. 

I actually don't think Song hwa's first love is JWon. I know there are a lot of theories out there trying to connect JWon and SHwa in any way possible, but if you see it as a whole picture, it doesn't serve any narrative purpose at all if they were to reveal Shwa's crush as JWon. It just feels too absurd for me to even think about that possibility. The show will straightaway enter the makjang territory from slice of life. LOL. I can't even imagine where Ikjun will end up if they go that route.....

I think PD shin already confirmed that IKjun and Songhwa are each other's first love in his interview. He said that she blushed after IKjun put his hand on her shoulders during the shed scene in ep 1. Whether IkJun ends up with Songhwa or not is a different matter but making it a love triangle with Jeong won as the third leg just doesn't make any sense at all. LOL.  

As for Jeong won's financial situation, I hope Mama Rosa help him out. LOL. I can imagine him spending their date money on DLL program and GU had to compromise and stick with Tteokbokki or ramen. LOL. I think JWan should move out of their apartment to give the lovebirds some alone time. LOL. 

• Like 11
  • Love 10
  • Insightful 1