[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I have removed some posts which relates to other blogs / platforms that are none of our business. Not necessary to discuss these things here. No need to create unnecessary conflict . Please refer to my pinned post above. 

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I have removed some posts which relates to other blogs / platforms that are none of our business. Not necessary to discuss these things here. No need to create unnecessary conflict . Please refer to my pinned post above. 

Thank you.

Then they will silent read and bring what is here to there. 

The toxicity is still there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

But it has nothing to do with our platform which is very clear with our terms of use and rules. It is not our place to try and dictate what others say and don't say out there. It is their prerogative to say what they want on  their own platform. Bringing it here does not reduce the toxicity either.  

@ryanallright, I found this on the internet years ago but I can’t remember the author:

In essence, opinions only actually matter when you let them. They cannot affect you or bother you, unless you accept them. They cannot multiply unless you respond to them. Such opinions are not eternal unless you react to them. They hold no intrinsic meaning unless you contemplate on them. They cannot change you unless you cultivate them.

It doesn’t matter what’s said elsewhere. Opinions are just opinions. I, for one, am enjoying rewatching this show and appreciating what I missed the first time around. Kind of like hind sight is 20/20. This show is so good and I find so many of the characters interesting. I still get a kick out of the way what looked like a possible fight over the hospital just fizzled on its head. Talk about turning a trope on its head after leading us by the nose. It’s obvious that it was deliberate too. :lol: It just makes me enjoy Rosa and Ju’s friendship even more. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

I think if someone rant because he /she read something upsetting  and opposite with her opinion she can pm people with the same views . This way you chill out because you said out what upsets you and also you dont feed the trolls.

I am not sure if ranting i in your friends pm boxes is allowed but it will be great if you can do it.:D

Going back to our WGcouple again.I am not sure if I said in this thread or in another ( I follow so many threads regarding WG couple that I m getting lost) but I love Jwon version of Confession is not flashy.

I read the interview of the person that was responsible for the OST s  and I pay more attention to the lyrics.It's like everything is written from JWon pov.

you are my loved one

I will make a silent promise

that I will protect you

until your tears run dry

in the distant future

when we reminisce about this day

if we can give each other a kiss

in the whole wide world

for a very long time

out of all the people

i will love only you

I am grateful

that I met you

When I first heart it I loved the lyrics and of course YYS sweet voice and sexy

drums moves make it even better but after watching Jwon-Gyeoul kiss , all the words that are there  make a perfect sense and I can see why JWon had to sing it.

Everything he wanted to deliver and delivered with his kiss is in these lyrics.

Edited by kiklaminHo
add
  • Like 7
  • Love 5

Hi friends,

If you want to rant about things, you can use the PM/DM (private message/direct message) feature. It is possible to invite more than one person to your private chat and rant away together. Click on the envelope icon at the top right hand corner. 

Let’s keep this public thread happy, fun and positive, away from any kind of toxicity.

From my personal experience in the past, nothing we say will change the way they think. When we continue to entertain the hate and dislike inside us, we will only be consumed by it and maybe ended up becoming like them...?

Thanks @triplem for the reminder and for moderating :kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Eh? I have been coming here and I read. Lol. I must have tunnel vision because I have no clue or recollection of reading whatever rants there were.

@celebrianna the posts must have seemed irrelevant to me and my eyes skipped it. 

I thought this thread has been generally civil. I laughed at myself because I allowed my kid to play the drums and cymbals yesterday. I have a full kit at home hidden away from a previous music degree- we switched careers in my household- and I played YYS  or rather a OST from this drama to give my kid an example. Hahaha.... if only. And NORMALLY I would never have allowed him to touch such expensive equipment as it cost thousands of dollars. Thank god the room was insulated otherwise my neighbours will kill us.

And now I am off to read the medical advisor's interview. That caught my eye. Lol.

And my 2 cents with such 2 steady characters Jeong Won and Dr Jang I don't think we would be having wild and reckless moments with those 2. I am just trying to imagine them even speaking banmal to each other. And if I see a capsicum, pasta moment- such a cliche in Kdramas- I would just fall down from laughing. I am sure those 2 will be really sweet. They would be the sort to date with marriage in mind. The other surgical professors would probably be the ones to feel betrayed that paed surgery stole their resident.

Addit- wow. I finally watched the interview. What? That guy was responsible for Romantic Dr Kim? No wonder the medical lines were so complicated. I was dying listening to it trying to sub/edit. And mama mia since I don't listen to them often all 3 studied at Yonsei. Man. Super serious case of Asian parent envy here. And of course they work at Severence hospital and all since its affiliated. The most I can hope for is that my kids go for the Yonsei University summer programme. My children are not even interested or old enough to be ambitious but the whole Yonsei Medical school graduate distracted me.  Super envious case of envy happening. Hahaha... even though one of my universities is from one of the oldest university in my country I am still caught up in the whole SKY thing. Too much drama. Way too many Korean drama watching to feel envious of a Korean medical school. And yes have driven past Yonsei University and the hospital several times before. And I am envious each time.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, ryanallright said:

Like you said the toxicity is there, and as long as it stays in their own toxic place. I rather not provide traffic to any toxicity or give any attention as if to put any weight and reaction towards their opinions. 

There are plenty of humble and more legit positive opinions from many sources that I think is best to focus on including those who could discuss and debate more positively. There is no point trying to convince or change their minds. 

Moving on to what I would expect in season 2 - is not too much of extreme lovey dovey changes to both winter garden characters yet - I hope they would show us gradual intimacy and growth with both characters - the same way they have been in season 1 that we have to create our own timeline ourselves. hahaa. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, im0202 said:

Hi lovelies!

This is the first subbed part of the Special episode. Do note it's not going to be the full episode as I got the raw cuts off Naver and linked them. There will be one more part out in the next few days. In the meantime, enjoy this one!:)

Thank you so much for you hard work to sub the special episode.

Really appreciate and be thankful for your big heart to translate all behind the scenes and relay cams too! :heart:

And thank you to YYS fans, too :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

I know some of us have reservation about how season 2 will handle Covid19 Pandemy. But remember that even in Reply, Lee did corporate real life historical events. We'll just have to trust ShinLee. Knowing that SK handles Covid19 pretty well, also something that very reassuring. Hey they manage to do a life show and award just fine right? I think it's a very rare opportunity to share to the world how SK has done right. A very rare opportunity to give tribute to meds professions.

The character as a doctors and other medical professional will only get closer during the trying time. So no need to worry that winter garden will have to practice more social distancing between them.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

1. Name? 
A: Shin Hyunbeen
2. Meaning of your name?
A: Someone who can shine brightly even in the darkest place
3. Birthday?
A: 1986.04.10

4. Chinese Zodiac Sign?
A: Tiger
5. Blood type?
A: Type AB
6. Zodiac sign?
A: Aries
7. Height?
A: 168cm

8. Family?
A: Mom, Dad, and me.
9. Message to parents
A: I love you
10. Your personality in one word.
A: This is hard. You will never know.
11. What do you think is your charm?
A: I wanna know.

12. Food that you like?
A: Anything that's delicious.
13. Food you can't eat?
A: Cucumber. I am allergic to it.
14. Weather that you like?
A: I like both clear and cloudy weather.
15. Weather you dislike?
A: Humid weather.

16. Ideal type?
A: Someone I can communicate with very well and someone who looks at me even just the way I am.

17. How do you behave when you're with someone you like?
A: Hmm. I look after them very well? *laughs* 

18. Time of the day you like most?
A: Night
19. Place you frequently go?
A: A place near my house. *laughs*
20. Someone you frequently contact?
A: These days... My manager.
21. Clothes you enjoy wearing?
A: Comfortable clothes.

22. Clothing style you dislike?
A: Uncomfortable clothes. *laughs*
23. Color that best suits you?
A: I like colors that doesn't stand out that much. 

24. A song you frequently sing?
A: It changes everytime. I like Lee Sora's songs so I sing her songs a lot.

25. Food you frequently eat?
A: Lunch box? *laughs* Since I do interviews a lot these days, I eat a lot of lunch boxes.

26. A moment you wanna go back to if you were given chance to go back in time?
A: *firmly* None.

27. Biggest deviation that you've done?
A: I don't know. I don't remember.

28. If you were to confess one of your secrets?
A: If I confess one it will not be a secret anymore. *laughs*

29. Things you always bring with you whenever go out?
A: Phone, Card wallet... A tumbler if I am going out in my leisure time.

30. What do you on your rest day?
A: I loaf around my house.
31. Alcohol limit?
A: 1-1 and a half bottle of Soju
32. Habit when you got drank?
A: I tend to have more fun?

33. Role you want to try?
A: I don't want to set any. 
34. What do you before you shoot something?
A: I check on my script.

35. What related search words do you want to appear along side with your name on portal sites?
A: Name of the characters I've acted as.

36. Most memorable fan?
A: There are many memorable fans. I am grateful to all of them.

37. Most memorable line?
A: In our drama(Hospital playlist)? There are many... But there's a line where I have to explain a disease called Choledochal cyst. I practiced that very hard. I still remember it up until now.

38. Is there any fun episode while shooting the drama?
A: Every shooting day was fun. I think having fun while shooting had an effect in our drama outcome.

39. Older? Younger? or Same age?
A: Rather than age, I think the person itself is more important. 

40. Dark history?
A: None.
41. Habit you started doing recently?
A: I think I don't have one.
42. Pose you're confident with?
A: Well... I wonder what is it. *laughs* 

43. Work out you often do?
A: Walking.

44. Toughest work out?
A: PT? (Personal training)

45. When did you have your toughest time?
A: Of course there was that time... But I don't see the need to think about it.

46. Happiest memory?
A: Every moment...  I want to make every moment happily while also staying true to myself.

47. If you were given a whole month vacation?
A: Travelling would be good but I can't do that considering the situation right now. I'll meet my friends.

48. Travel destination you want to visit?
A: There are many. But if it's right now, I want to go to Jeju.

49. Someone you're thinking the most right now?
A: My mom? *laughs* 

50. Message to your fans?
A: I am always grateful. I hope you stay healthy always. I will do my best to show you good sides of me *smiles* 

Credit: Translated by  @ rabbitokkiya on twitter.

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

Ok, thanks.

Then assuming if Shin/Lee put real world situation in the script, this Covid-19 would probably be talk about in early-mid of S2

For sure it'll be interesting to see how the drama is going to portray the Covid-19 situation. I want season 2 to air already.

Also can anyone clarify about when season 2 will be airing? Some sources say early next year while this thread says second half of 2020. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, boonieyo said:

For sure it'll be interesting to see how the drama is going to portray the Covid-19 situation. I want season 2 to air already.

Also can anyone clarify about when season 2 will be airing? Some sources say early next year while this thread says second half of 2020. 

November start shooting and airing on First half of 2021. 

I think we can see february airing for season 2 if everything goes okay.

Hospital playlist season 1 supposely to start at february but because of sudden change in Broadcast schedule structure the schedule move from supposedly Friday 23 00 kst into Thursday 21 00. 

But turn out it result in great rating for the drama. If they stick with friday then i couldnt imagine Twotm and hospital playlist together lol the rating would be a mess between two drama haha. 

The rating is so stable with 11% average not flashy but amazing for thursday. I wonder tho if the drama is on sunday 21:00 KST the rating would be even more crazy because this kind of drama is what most netizen like and the viewer on sunday is alot compare to thursday night 

What to expect for season 2:

- 12+ amazing OST that will break the chart ( hopefully this time around Gummy sing one to support his husband )

- More Mido and falasol Song + JJS&JMD Solo or duet.

- What happen next for IkSong,SeokMin,JunSun couple

- How will winter garden solidify their relationship and get into marriage territory

- more band performance 

- more 5 friends eating together and had silly talk 

- hopefully they reunite again as 5 in same hospital

- no more love triangle instead focus on deepen their relationship between each other

- see a fresh new support character doctor that help bring more ideas for medical stuff.

- hopefully seokhyung can clear his problem with his ex wife.

- and surely we wont forget rosa and director to have their own happy ending ( although i think seeing jeongwon decide to stay and potentialy get married will make her more than happy )

- maybe more kids???????????? 

- new cases,new patient,new heartbreaking story,new heartwarming story,and new life lesson.

Damn it is a long wishlist but i believe Shin PD magic can make it happen

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

November start shooting and airing on First half of 2021. 

I think we can see february airing for season 2 if everything goes okay.

Hospital playlist season 1 supposely to start at february but because of sudden change in Broadcast schedule structure the schedule move from supposedly Friday 23 00 kst into Thursday 21 00. 

But turn out it result in great rating for the drama. If they stick with friday then i couldnt imagine Twotm and hospital playlist together lol the rating would be a mess between two drama haha. 

No ugh why do we have to wait so loooong?? :tears: I miss the cast already. In the meantime, I guess I can survive through the wait with their musical covers :D Your descriptions of what to expect for season 2 just raised my expectations even higher HAHA, but Shin PD never disappoints so I'm not too worried about the direction HP is heading towards. 

Interesting. Thanks for the information. Yes it would definitely be a mess if TWOTM and HP air at the same time. Frankly I would be a mess too if I'm Korean and had to pick one between the two dramas to watch. I'm so glad HP moved its time slot. However, it seems like the drama's ratings didn't hit as high if we take in consideration of its popularity due to the one episode per week format. Also, because it aired pretty late, it missed the Baeksang cutoff. Let's hope the drama airs early enough next year. 

• Like 2