[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

What if Ik sun gets pregnant? They seem to be ticking off all the boxes in the checklist one by one in each ep. They met, he asked her out to eat Jajjangmyeon, said he like her, kissed her, slept together. The next obvious step is marriage but since Iksun doesn't seem to be interested in marriage, what if she gets pregnant first. LOL. I also think what they show in the preview shouldn't be trusted. It looked like they both were tense while talking about marriage, but it might have went smoothly too. I hear wedding bells already. LOL. But before that i desperately want to see what Ikjun will do when he hears Jun wan knocked up his sister. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

I looked on "My ......." not sure if Soompi allows us to mention other sites and it says Season 2 it will aired on June 21???

:w00t::crazy:

Is this true?

A whole year to wait ?

Its like GOT  all over again

I thought 2 other K dramas in NF with multiple seasons were only few months apart.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I agree. I used to think coffee is a theme, but so much coffee drinking and coffee giving happened between everyone so I don't think it means anything anymore. Coffee, chocolates, egg drop sandwiches are being used way to much in all the eps for us to think it's something specia

It’s there for sure. But it does need a lot of analysis so most people will just think it’s just product placement.  The egg drop sandwiches are product placement. And so are the chocolates.  Because at the end credits you see all the sponsors and Egg Drop and the chocolate candy are there.  Coffee for it to be PPL, you generally have to show the machine (Nespresso) or the logo.  That’s the beauty of this PD/writer pairing.  If you look hard you will see what they’ve dropped as hints.  The song Aloha...have you seen the original movie?  The girl makes coffee for her man.  And he drinks it.  The only person so far that SHwa has made coffee for and who has drunk it with her has been Andrea (in couple mugs).  And if you want to look at couple outfits, the matching bibs at dinner.  :lol:.  PD has already pointed out that meal times are the times where the hints are the greatest.  Who is the one who always singles out SHwa?  Andrea.  He asks for her opinion when they were chatting about SH’s dad.  He is the one to give her stuff at the first dinner without even being asked to.  The tissue, the pain relief patch.  These are things that point to a meeting of the minds.  Their shared values (both Christian).  Jang is Buddhist.  Jang looks to have moved on.  Good for her.

So hang in there Andrea/SHwa shippers, there are 2 more seasons.  Rosa is on our ship and she’s a formidable woman.  She doesn’t take no for an answer.  :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

As for IJ and SHwa scenes this episode?  She’s mothering him - cleaning his face like a mother does her child.  Bandaging him so he looks like a frog/lizard. :lol: So nothing romantic is happening in that space.

The one thing that threw me off today was SHwa laughing at IJ jokes.  

• Like 1

I forgot one more thing. Isn't it adorable that 3 professors come into the hospital chief office when the chief calls GW supervisor? The only professor needed is actually the other professor (i dont know his name) who is also the patient's doctor, since he is also from general surgery, he is also GW supervisor. I dont think IJ is needed. But it can be understandable since he is also GS prof and IJ is so famous for being caring. But JW? Even if she is in his department for that particular month, but the incident doesnt happen in his department, so it actually unnecesary for both IJ and JW to be in that place. They could just tell the other prof to defend GW if things turn bad and may affect GW and tell them the results. But they choose to spare their time and be there to hear the result themselves and defend her if things become worse. 

This is the second time that the professors show their affections to GW. There must be reason to it. More than just the fact that she's the only resident among the 13 prof at GS department. And i hope we get to see it later. Just like we see Min Ha shines in this episode.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

Just now, kokodus said:

What if Ik sun gets pregnant? They seem to be ticking off all the boxes in the checklist one by one in each ep. They met, he asked her out to eat Jajjangmyeon, said he like her, kissed her, slept together. The next obvious step is marriage but since Iksun doesn't seem to be interested in marriage, what if she gets pregnant first. LOL. I also think what they show in the preview shouldn't be trusted. It looked like they both were tense while talking about marriage, but it might have went smoothly too. I hear wedding bells already. LOL. But before that i desperately want to see what Ikjun will do when he hears Jun wan knocked up his sister. LOL. 

I hope the writernim will not separate the couple Iksun had made Jwan a better man isn't :blush:. Its the first time he get serious in love.  Maybe Iksun has bad/tragic experience from past relationship thats why she is hesistant of accepting Jwan affection first (remember what Dr. Ahn said to Ikjun) But writernim don't to this to us. We are gladly sacrificing Madam Rosa and Jong so Couple :mrgreen:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nrllee said:

.  The only person so far that SHwa has made coffee for and who has drunk it with her has been Andrea (in couple mugs).  

That is not true actually. Jun wan had coffee in her room in the early eps and in the last ep after the egg cracking fight, she asked Jun wan whether he is not staying for coffee. So it is clear that she makes coffee for everyone who comes into her room. LOLOL. 

24 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Who is the one who always singles out SHwa?  Andrea.  He asks for her opinion when they were chatting about SH’s dad.  He is the one to give her stuff at the first dinner without even being asked to.  The tissue, the pain relief patch.  

Yesh these are all true. I acknowledge it. But you do see the pattern here, right?!? He is the one doing things for her, there are absolutely no signs from her. She even refused to give him bread. Hahahahahaha. And don't throw religion at me. I will be extremely mad if they pair up two people just because they are both Christians or Buddhists or whatever. LOL. 

• Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

I looked on "My ......." not sure if Soompi allows us to mention other sites and it says Season 2 it will aired on June 21???

:w00t::crazy:

Is this true?

A whole year to wait ?

Its like GOT  all over again

I thought 2 other K dramas in NF with multiple seasons were only few months apart.

Next year June 21? ohh there will be time lapse. Uju will be big boy by then, Jwan and Iksun 2 kids. Winter Mother preggy with winter garden Children :mrgreen:  Seohyong and Minha about to get married. Ikjun and Shwa still best of friends or Dr. Ahn still pursuing Shwa. The twin getting to be a doctor.

• LOL 4

Am I the only one who believes there is going to be no red herring. I think all loveliness are pretty much well set up.

Ik sun- J wan- This is pretty much a done deal. They have had the most progress and to break them up would just be cruel now.

Andrea- Dr maggot- Way too much emphasis has been given to her feelings and one sided crush. I just think he likes her too but is conflicted about priesthood.Also Andrea's headache this episode is that some sort of foreshadowing. God I hope not.

Min ha- Suk Kyung- This ep really moved their relationship forward. And he needs someone by his side during his mother's illness. 

Ik Jun- Swang hwa- It is obvious. I don't know how people think this is not the intended pairing. They share the most heart fluttery romantic scenes together. They have chemistry and both of them seem to have unrequited feelings for years. Their timing was off before and now is their time. I dont think the writer would leave ik jun and swang hwa single after making their characters almost too perfect. Heartbreak for either of them would not be a good thing. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

OST part 8 MV is out on youtube. 

https://youtu.be/g5W9KnbtIac
I really love the song and lyrics. It tears my heart just by listening to it and it hurts even more when you read the lyrics.

The lyrics somehow really describe the parents of Jun Wan’s patient feelings, especially on the chorus part. The lyric goes:

My darling, I will wait for you

When my tear-filled letter reaches the sky

You will come back to me someday

Back to me

I believe that you will, with all my tears

:bawling:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

That is not true actually. Jun wan had coffee in her room in the early eps and in the last ep after the egg cracking fight, she asked Jun wan whether he is not staying for coffee. So it is clear that she makes coffee for everyone who comes into her room.

No watch carefully.  JunWan had coffee in her room but she didn’t drink with him, he made his own coffee and she walked in.  The scene has to play out with BOTH drinking.  Not just one.  SHwa made coffee for SH last episode too (One on one session) and I was watching to see if he drank it...but no...he didn’t.  MinHa and SH drank coffee together this episode.  So did Jang and IJ.  

5 hours ago, nhquan94 said:

If IJ and SW is the end-game now we obviously know that she will have 2 son - UJu and big UJu :lol:

Love their interaction this ep and awaiting for the driving in the rain next week.

Exactly that's what I thought. Lol. He seemed like a puppy too. Lol.

ru4zENp.gif

I really love their interaction. Already can imagine they will become a funny family. A cool mom and a goofy dad!

BhlIgjq.gif

Seriously. No one could really tell how this type of man always ranked first in his faculty. Song hwa was right in episode 3. Ik Jun needs to stop playing and moving around. I can't help but laughing. Make my stomach hurts.qYx5yB0.gif

Doesn't care what people said. I just love him lol.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

And don't throw religion at me. I will be extremely mad if they pair up two people just because they are both Christians or Buddhists or whatever.

It’s not just about religion.  It’s about core values.  Their work ethic.  Their world view.  If these don’t match, the relationship is going to be really hard work.  If one values family time and the other values work/career, they will be fighting all the time.  That’s why IJ and SHwa won’t work.  Their core values are different.  He loves partying and the city.  She’s prefers a night in and a quiet life.  

@angelwingssf

Everyone laughs at his jokes. He’s the life of the party.  The mood maker.  He lifts everyone’s spirits. 

The one thing that threw me off today was SHwa laughing at IJ jokes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nrllee said:

The scene has to play out with BOTH drinking.  Not just one.  

Again, who made these rules? LOL. Some of the flower garden theories do make sense, I agree, but some of them seems bit of a reach to me. 

And I'm not against JWon and SHwa being the endgame. But I need more than just drinking coffee and snacking together to ship a couple. Little sneaky gazes and blushing smiles would do for me. Lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

He’d sleep fitfully even if there’s just a tiny mistake, and 

once he made up his mind, he won’t even eat until he sees the end of it.

Now.... he is running out of time.

As much as I want Gyeoul’s ~love~ to be reciprocated, I would still prefer Jungwon to choose his dream. He’s worked so hard to this point that I’m rooting for Rosa’s approval. He might change his mind later on for some reason, but his description says he’s been wanting to become a priest for so long and he’s determined to pursue that dream no matter what. As long as I don’t see any bold move towards Gyeoul, nothing can stand in the way between him and God. Lol. 

The way I understand it, Jungwon isn’t doubting his decision to become a priest, he’s only being held back by his mom and (possibly) his friends. If that’s truly the case, I don’t think Gyeoul would be able do anything about it. She’ll be fine regardless of what happens!

The last line...he’s in a hurry to rush towards his goal of becoming a priest. But I wonder what’s going to happen to his scenes if he indeed becomes a priest. LOL.

Since college, Jungwon has always been a little different from his peers, and it could be felt that there’s something extraordinary about him. So naturally, people’s interests were drawn towards him, they wanted to know him and always inquire about him.

I adore Jang Gyeoul, I really do, but her feelings toward Jungwon seem....common? She’s just one of the many people who have taken an interest in him, and she’s also part of the unsuccessful ones. She reminds me of a girl who has a crush on her high school senior and will have to make do with admiring him from afar.

They don’t interact well enough for her to get to know him better, so naturally, she won’t be able to deepen their relationship that might lead to Jungwon changing his mind for her.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Again, who made these rules? LOL. Some of the flower garden theories do make sense, I agree, but some of them seems bit of a reach to me. 

:lol: Didn’t you read @habromanic’s blurb about how detailed the writer and PD are?  It means there are no ad libs.  It means in every scene, they will tell them Okay you can drink, you can’t.  You will be doing this while you talk. Look at her not him.  All these details which normal PD/writers would overlook and let the cast ad lib is tightly controlled.  It means they WANT it to mean something.  That’s why pay attention to meal times and details.  Because PD has already said that’s where all the hidden relationships will play out.  The bibs.  That would’ve been a hint.  They would’ve told YYS, you hand the bib over to SHwa and she wears it.  Couple outfits.  :lol:.  You order hot coffee and SH and IJ orders cold coffee.  These are all hints they drop along the way.  Of course you don’t have to look for them if you don’t want to and just watch for the feels.  That seems to be how you enjoy your drama.  So keep doing what you do and I will keep doing what I do.  We can both watch and enjoy our differences. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1