[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Page 782 of 787:

7 hours ago, CallieP said:

When JTE and LG said goodbye, JTE mentioned the 10, 11, 12th rules , mentioning the things that future LG said when he brought her the flowers. Open the doors to all universe, will return to her but she never told him that he came from the future and with the flowers disappearing, seems like he never will. He promised her he would return but then he was prepared to let baby LG die so was he not lying to her for the first time??? He never lied to her except when teasing her or trolling her but not on serious stuff.

He told SJ that JTE can't know.

:cold_sweat:

Let's hope JTE managed to smack him and say:

tenor.gif?itemid=15622355

And then we will get our happy ending.

------

Page 784 of 787:

5 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Yes the logistics is covered and it could unfold like that as you mentioned but the only issue here is Lee Lim coming with them to the battlefield? There will be two Lee Lim and even taking him seems little risky despite him being handcuffed

From my understanding, they just need to bring him to the in between so that the half flute can become one and when they hear the flute "cries", they will be taken back to 1hr before the night of the treason. That is if LR still wants to remind his younger self again or he will go into the Crown Prince chamber to kill him off first. Hence I have been hoping that once the flute becomes whole inside the in between, instead of letting LR go.. they just kill him right there and then!

tenor.gif?itemid=4798347

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

31 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

You fell into a trap because alot of ppl were campaigning for that. You just went with the flow. I lost on 2 LG's which is even worse but luckily we served the term. We will get another poll soon

Nope. I didn't. 

I originally thought it will be LG + JY but I was heartbroken with JY being such a wet blanket for LG and JTE so I made a last minute change and I was wrong.

My fault and solely my fault. Lol

Edit to say:

OMG!

I'm back to present for now!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Does anyone feel a little bit sad that the ending is near?  I'm going to miss everything about this show, LMH and KGE in particular.  At least KGE has a movie coming out soon, but what about LMH?  After the 8-month shoot I feel he's going to take a long break and we won't see him in a while again.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
  • Love 2

I would like to share the moment I went from watching both episodes with a snack on Sunday afternoons and enjoying it

to whatever this disaster is now - posting non stop and sobbing and being a pile of kimchi and waking up at 6am on friday and saturdays to watch it and dying and fainting

the moment he lifted her up onto the stupid thicc horse is when they won me forever n eva

• Like 4
  • Love 19

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

because if we do, I will even backtrack to who knows how many pages just to find @SweetButters super famous xray vision abs and post it on here so we can all celebrate!! :P

@SweetButters haha somebody’s gotta do it ;) so if we actually have a logical and happy ending, I will backtrack just to find that art of yours :D :lol:

Can we have this even if we have a pull-my-hair-and-eyes-out ending, too? *cough* for research purpose and the betterment of humanity in general.

I've attempted to find it but can't seem to find it *cough*

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

I voted 'Lee Gon only' so technically accdg to ep14, I won.  

Episode 15

~man, I got teary eyed during the hospital scenes of Gon at TE and was able to hold it up but with this two, it fell. :bawling:

Man, this 'bromance' is strong.:D

It seems like ES found his twin brother even though they're polar opposites.

J.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Heretorant said:

I’m just quoting what you said here because I love it! 

While the love story had some backlash at the beginning, it’s easily become the best I’ve ever watched! 

And we have to give it up to lmh and kge because their emotional acting vibrates on the same frequency. They’re totally in sync and perfectly matched! Best pairing up to date, hands down! 

Agree! I read some comment somewhere that said “KGE and LMH, the kdrama pairing we didn’t know we need” while that statement isn’t necessarily true for me (I have been shipping them since the pairing was announced), seems like they have stolen the hearts of so many people, despite some who think this coupling is odd. But I remember you once said, “with a lot of love, also comes hate” LMH and KGE are polarizing actors in kdramaland, KES took risk by pairing them, but I’m soo glad that she did. No one could ever portray LG and JTE like them. 

Also, am I the only one who thinks everytime

LG say “Jeong Tae Eul”, he sounds very sexy?

7 minutes ago, gwin said:

Does anyone feel a little bit sad that the ending is near?  I'm going to miss everything about this show, LMH and KGE in particular.  At least KGE has a movie coming out soon, but what about LMH?  After the 8-month shoot I feel he's going to take a long break and we won't see him in a while again.   

Me..... I’m gonna miss them so much!! And this forum. I’m looking forward to watching “Hero” as soon as it’s available for my viewing, but yeah... LMH, I don’t know when we are gonna see him again. I’m sure we will at some point, but I think he is going to rest after 8 months of shooting. Hope their next project isn’t romance, cause I’m not ready to s hem with other romantic partner .

• Like 14
  • Love 3

34 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I felt so accomplished when I backtracked from page 747 to 760. Even patted myself on the back. Woo-hoo!

But then see we are currently on page 788 and I realize I got 28 more pages!!!

:joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=4921481

You can do it! Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

22 hours ago, lindas55 said:

Hi just wanted to reach out and say thank you for your concern about us in the USA. It's a difficult time for many of us here. I am watching this show and hanging out here when I need a break from my real world. I love all the thoughtful theories and ideas. Love the playfulness. But under it all are some real life lessons. History is important, understanding it more so. Just wish a reset was possible in the real world.  ok  sorry to let the real world seep in but just wanted to say thanks

I'm glad you saw my post and thank you for taking the time to read it. I'm from USA, too, so it's nice to meet you here! I tend to let the kdrama world seep into my real world because I like to imagine things and sometimes I think of drama characters like they are my friends. The King definitely makes me think a lot. If I were to choose which world I would want to be in...it would be Republic of Korea, not Kingdom Corea. In Kingdom Corea, there is no transparency in the monarchy family (referring to the uncle who hid the secrets of Lee Gon's doppleganger's death to "calm" the public). Also, power exercised by family creates a power struggle. We see that between Lee Gon and Lee Lim. Now, in the real world, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle decided to split ties from the royal family and the monarchy. One wonders what specific roles do they carry and are responsible to make them want to split ties? When I think about dramaland and gain so much perspective on life, I appreciate the real world.

In USA, the public can protest and express our opinions. Although the journey may seem long, we are in this together and time will fly by quickly. We must work hard to change our culture and police institution. Change starts from our state level governments. Don't worry, we got this! 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Me..... I’m gonna miss them so much!! And this forum. I’m looking forward to watching “Hero” as soon as it’s available for my viewing, but yeah... LMH, I don’t know when we are gonna see him again. I’m sure we will at some point, but I think he is going to rest after 8 months of shooting. Hope their next project isn’t romance, cause I’m not ready to s hem with other romantic partner .

I think I asked this question many many pages ago, but typically these lead actors only do one project a year right?  As it's nearly impossible to jump into a new series right away after a long shoot.

• Like 5