[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@leeminhosny even a blockbuster like DOTS started with 14 % range. Whereas lotbs started with 16.4%  actually.  Heirs was huge and it even started lower. 

It is very good opening rating if real number comes close to it.

So don't worry ratings will rise with the story ahead. 

The drama start is good if real number ends up like this. 

And it has a tough competition with a huge drama and still ended up as number one at time slot ( am i right ? ). That is positive thing

• Like 3

Hope the SK ratings will be ok. I enjoyed it it was better the 2nd time with subtitle on Netflix. 

It’s definitely making fans excited globally . 

#thekingeternalmonarch is trending worldwide no.5 on  twitter

in weibo the hashtag ‘Lee min ho is so handsome’ and the king are trending as well.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Have we got ratings from AGB Nielsen and TNMS yet?

They won’t be out until tomorrow morning in Korea. 

————————————————

I just finished episode 1 with subtitles and things really do clear up when you can actually understand what they’re saying lol. A lot of the speculations I made prior to watching has been proven wrong lol. I’m particularly thrilled about one of them. I thought Lee Gon went to find Lee Rim in the republic but to my surprise, Lee Rim is already “dead” in the empire so the king has no idea of his existence. This makes him an even bigger threat! I love a story with a well written villain that can make me tremble. So bring it on. 

For future reference, I’m going to refer to the king’s world as the empire and JTE’s world as the republic. This can get confusing quick! Hahaha. 

Many things to look forward to! I’m left wondering how in the world JTE was able to save the king 25 years ago. Probably it has something to do with her future self going back in time to save him. Don’t ask me how that can happen because right now, it seems impossible lol. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@leeminhosny even a blockbuster like DOTS started with 14 % range. Whereas lotbs started with 16.4%  actually.  Heirs was huge and it even started lower. 

It is very good opening rating if real number comes close to it.

So don't worry ratings will rise with the story ahead. 

The drama start is good if real number ends up like this. 

And it has a tough competition with a huge drama and still ended up as number one at time slot ( am i right ? ). That is positive thing

This is so good first ep rating for other dramas but isn't good for our King's level:lol: and ıF we think screenwriter and LMH's popularity so I hoped higher than LOBS first ep rating but if it will rise ok

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Lol grannie is typical nagging grannie who always nag you about getting married , having kids. poor guy i feel for him. Asian parenting, - study hard in school, get a seat in univ. then get a job, then get married and then produce kids, Even king isn't spared:scream:

And broromance fan service is amazing so far, i must say. They really have a good comfort level. lmh and wdh. 

Even kids versions were so good, especially at emotional scenes!

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

52 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Ok can somebody tell me that same people can exist in two universes or worlds at same time? That is what they showed in first half? Thanks in advance!

I haven’t watched the first episode yet BUT every time I’ve watched anything with parallel universes, yes, the same people can exist at the same time in different universes.. just living different lives, different identities. I would think it’s the same here but we’ll see when I watch it lol

• Like 6

It seems a shame to be worrying over the ratings in SK, especially when you think how many people must have watched it worldwide on Netflix. Plus he and the drama were trending all over the place.

I thought LMH acted his part brilliantly and was so handsome at times, especially on the horse, that  he did look out of this world! The relationships between him and his bodyguard and prime minister were nicely set up. And it was lovely to see him with the actress from BOF. It really made me laugh when she was caught hiding the cards in a bid to get the king married. 

The graphics were incredible. The story was a bit confusing especially when reading subtitles but no doubt all will become clear. KES has quite an imagination doesn’t she?

Roll on tomorrow.

• Like 7