[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Thoughts after episode 1:

1) how did JTE save the king when she was 5 at the time. I’m certain it is JTE and not Luna. Writer Kim, you have some explaining to do. I’m hoping something good is in store. It’s a fantasy after all so anything can happen. Would it be too much to do parallel worlds and time travel at the same time? Yes! Lol. 

*edit* I missed the first 5 minutes of the show which apparently revealed more than I thought. An interesting opening! A flash forward to the future and we’re about to see all that leads up to that moment. 

2) one too many coincidences. I could have lived without the first one. I thought the second one was appropriate because a handsome man riding into town with a horse would stop any traffic! And yes, I’m going to keep referring to him as a handsome man. 
3) he who breaks the seal must close it. Excuse me while I run away with my imagination. The scar on Lee Gon’s neck has something to do with closing the seal. Once they succeed at mending the tear, all memories between the two crossing worlds will cease to exist. All order will be restored. 

Things that stood out to me from episode 1:

1) beautiful cinematography

2) the soundtrack

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Jeannie said:

I wonder how soon they are going to put the first episode on Netflix? 

On "What's on Netflix" the episode are scheduled for the same day, but I don't know what time zone they refer to:

"The first episode of The King: Eternal Monarch will be available to stream on Netflix on Friday, April 17th, 2020.

Episodes will be available twice a week, arriving on Fridays and Saturdays.

There will be a total of 16 episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch
(...)

We previously believed that episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch would arrive the following day after the South Korean broadcast. We’ve now learned that episodes will arrive on the same day as the South Korean broadcast."

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/the-king-eternal-monarch-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-episode-release-schedule/

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Thoughts after episode 1:

2) one too many coincidences. I could have lived without the first one. I thought the second one was appropriate because a handsome man riding into town with a horse would stop any traffic! And yes, I’m going to keep referring to him as a handsome man. 

It's one of the problems I usually have with her scripts, together with the plausibility issues (Hello, DOTS!)... Let's hope this drama won't confirm the trend.

• Like 5

Waving Wave GIF - Waving Wave HandEmoji - Discover & Share GIFsHello everyone!

Yes! Finally a sageuk to cheer for! This duo of WDH and LMH (and many in the cast) is irresistible, not to mention the intriguing plot and what a beautiful production! My heart "broke" into smithereens when that beautiful stained glass ceiling was smashed :sweat_smile: It's all good though. Those smithereens are symbolic reps of my crying joy as I watch this long-awaited sageuk! Thank you, production crew, cast and writer for presenting another awesome sageuk to the world! 

Definitely a K-drama to watch! :thumbsup: Hoping for more quality sageuks in the pipeline as well :love:

Thanks to all who shared live updates and other info. :) 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jerboa83 said:

It's one of the problems I usually have with her scripts, together with the plausibility issues (Hello, DOTS!)... Let's hope this drama won't confirm the trend.

So true. I really hope not again. Let's hope NOT! 

Having said that, even if it will be, just going by what was shown in today's premiere, I believe it will still be a helluva sageuk to watch. I'm sure many like me have been "so starved of sageuks", this is definitely the first of more (hoping...) needed to satiate that hunger. :wub: 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jadecloud said:

So true. I really hope not again. Let's hope NOT! 

Having said that, even if it will be, just going by what was shown in today's premiere, I believe it will still be a helluva sageuk to watch. I'm sure many like me have been "so starved of sageuks", this is definitely the first of more (hoping...) needed to satiate that hunger. :wub: 

Sageuk? What do you mean? I haven't watched the episode yet, but both the parallel worlds have a contemporary setting, haven't they? 

• Like 4

Netizens comments :

(+112,-44) Wow, Lee Minho is so good at acting. He's so handsome.ᅲᅲ

(+98,-40) Lee Min-ho's appearance is worth watching and fun from the middle to the end.

(+80,-39) It's just an epic...Lee Minho is much more focused now that he's there.

(+25,-3) It's still the first episode, so you'll see more, but the development was so distracting that it was hard to concentrate.

(+23,-8) What are you talking about? Is this...?

(+21,-6) It was difficult in the beginning, but it became worth seeing when Lee Minho came out.

These are Nate comments and there are full of hater generally , we haven't Naver comments because it closed comments 1 month ago

• Like 6