[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@Joanna Alfson lol, i have learned that when there’s so many of us here enjoying a drama where it makes our minds twist and turn, it’s a good thing to sip on cold drinks and snack on chicken :D we have 3 more episodes left and will be needing plenty of more drinks and food along the way :P

@mrsj3n i agree! If there’s a third time, I will join you:

giphy.gif

:joy:

i also agree with you guys on this. SBS shouldn’t have provided the 4 minute preview. It did show too much and took away the mystery of what’s expected vs unexpected. Showing a 30 second preview would have been fine because at least, it would have kept our curiosity going at maximum with minimal revelation. Actually, not cancelling episode 13 yesterday would have been better <_< and now we have to wait another week for 2 episodes then one more week for the final. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

2 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

I think he just changes his watch the same way LR has been doing.

Uh No My question was, Till NOW we thought that A Full Flute has to be accessed for TIME To Turn back and Forth.

Now LG is in hospital with Saviors attire and ID, pretty obvious HE turns The time back in these clothes only right ...but at this time The flute he has is only HALF a piece.

Both portion of Flutes have different powers or Limited Powers. Time has been Turned to PAST and FUTURE , both times we do not know yet if The flute LG possessed was half or full(like we estimated earlier)

Agreed LR turns his watch related to TIME. LG doesn't have one TALISMANIC watch yet or something that we Know of as a Time turner ala harry potter. THe TIME IS LIMITED, and we do not know any spell yet to Summon The Time Fairy .!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Okay... 

I think we are gonna see a new timeline. The first was reset earlier by LG to save himself and whatever there is that has yet to happen, and then in this current timeline, LR finds out LG was the one saving himself. So he had Luna poisoned LG to eliminate LG going back in time. Once he got the confirmation that LG is dead, LR will travel back in time to kill young LG and have the flute as a whole EXCEPT we all know LG will NOT die. 

I still think JTE time travelled with LG. Remember the scene where both were in like vintage era? It could be both working together. 

How LG and TE will be together at the end will be a bit tricky. As long as it is not like an anime I watch many many years back, where to be together, the main characters travelled through time and live through different periods a few years here and a few years there. But, that is not KES. 

I just want a good ending. I don't think LG will abdicate. It is a lot to have TE as his queen as TE would need to leave her biggest concern, her dad, behind, unless, they can keep the door open. So, TE can continue to visit. In that case, it will be like she just got married and live overseas. 

My head hurts. Too much info today. I need some fanfics to keep my sanity. Anyone writing? 

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, scrawford said:

3 times? Wow I missed it. What are they? I only recognize 1. 

I didn't even recognize any!  This confirms that my mind is still not in the gutter unlike most of you here!  LOL

What are these three times?!?

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

18 minutes ago, scrawford said:

3 times? Wow I missed it. What are they? I only recognize 1. 

1)

LG: You should go to bed first

Also LG: I want to be with you but...

2) 

LG: We should see dawn breaking together. 

JTE: What kind of boyfriend says that to stay with his girlfriend? 
LG: What else would I say then?

JTE: You should say it with sincerity.

LG: I guess I said it with something else.

JTE: What did you say it with?

LG: With impatience.

3) LG looking forward to his stamina. 

They’re totally sleeping together lol. 

Tagging @gwin hehehe.

• Like 5
  • Naughty 7
  • LOL 12

5 minutes ago, gwin said:

I didn't even recognize any!  This confirms that my mind is still not in the gutter unlike most of you here!  LOL

What are these three times?!?

Let's see if I get it right:

1) LG asking JTE to sleep first after PM Koo left

2) When LG and JTE walked out together after LG stopped JTE by calling his guards to step forward to stop her from leaving alone.

3) LG about needing more stamina hence the PPL

@Heretorant A little help here... let's see if we are on the same page? LOL

Edit:

OmG!!!! We ARE on the same page!!

I swear I didnt see your post when I type this!

LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

16 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So rewatching the first shooting sequence, the first shooter comes in and takes out the bulk of the men.  He knows how to use another body to protect himself and is a VERY good shot.  We know that SJ is the best shot there, he's better than JTE.  At some point, the return fire is too much and he dives behind a glass case.  We don't see him get up or move back out.

Then the shooter COMES BACK THROUGH THE ENTRANCE.  Why would the same guy get up, and go back out, and then come in through the entrance again?  This second one can't shoot anything, and takes out the ceiling instead, distracting LR's men and allowing them to escape.  He goes straight to bb LG. 

LG is wearing the shoes of the first shooter, right?

f8995e8380a14325f49bd01d4a1eecfa930daf49

• Like 4
  • Insightful 6

15 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

And we still have "the plan", or whatever it is that Lady Noh was talking about in episode 1.  Do we think that the whole "unbreakable sword" thing is a play on words and JY is going to be a big player, rather than the Four Tigers Sword? 

Also I have a really bad theory

• LG recovers from the poison pretty easily
  • Luna stabs JTE, not intending to kill her as we can hear from the promo
  • LG runs through frozen time to find her, we get the hug
  • She dies in his arms???? 
  • I thought it was a bit odd that we brought back the love triangle with "Tae Eul's so called brother" today (LG you petty bish) but it makes sense if JTE dies, SJ is fully on board.  Couple that with what's going on with both his moms and his own comatose self.

So rewatching the first shooting sequence, the first shooter comes in and takes out the bulk of the men.  He knows how to use another body to protect himself and is a VERY good shot.  We know that SJ is the best shot there, he's better than JTE.  At some point, the return fire is too much and he dives behind a glass case.  We don't see him get up or move back out.

Then the shooter COMES BACK THROUGH THE ENTRANCE.  Why would the same guy get up, and go back out, and then come in through the entrance again?  This second one can't shoot anything, and takes out the ceiling instead, distracting LR's men and allowing them to escape.  He goes straight to bb LG. 

I will die on this hill.  It's SJ and LG.  The teddy bear is what makes me confident that LG can't shoot - he had nothing to prove at that moment, and nothing to hide.  It was just him not being able to play a carnival game.  If he's truly an excellent shot, then what did he have to lose by just hitting all 7?  Instead, he couldn't hit anything and spent all his money.

Oh. I am with this camp. I think we got two shooters. SJ is pretty tall too. SJ will be the card that LR miss. He thought it is only LG alone. Which would then make sense because LG doesn't seem to be a sharp shooter. He spent all his money at the carnival! 

I am also with the camp that JTE died. If  watch the preview, LG seemed to be very devastated at the end of it. It could only meant smtg very very bad happened. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

2) When LG and JTE walked out together after LG stopped JTE by calling his guards to step forward to stop her from leaving alone.

Edit:

LOL

You got it gurl! Welcome to gutterland :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

the possibility we getting happy ending is high actually. we been seeing many spoiler ahead of us. but its KES she could do anything she want. and i don't think TE would be dead. the preview we saw last time, the special one. TE got blood in her hands that time. but is it the same clothes? 

whatever i gave up on making theories after all. looks like i need to wait and shouldn't say anything except saying this ep is brilliant :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Edit:

LOL

You guys are totally crazy, while I have an innocent mind!  Hahaha.  Didn't pick those up.  Seriously please explain to me how that implies they slept together?  

The Netflix translation that made me LOL was when they were talking about the kimchi and he said "you like things wrapped"?  Huh wtf was that?

• Like 1
  • LOL 22

Ohhh... dunno what I have to write first. But one thing for sure. I knew they would leave us with such cliffhanger! Why!!!!

This episode feels like de javu. I mean I got the visualization of the theories that we've been discussed here. Lol. I mean, the one who saved little LG and all. And how the card is with him. But even they reveal this answer already. I still feel there's something more to explain of how it was really happening in the past and they ended it there. So we need to wait next week. 

I know the moment JTE comes with the chicken isn't her. And LG almost fall into her disguise. I wonder what makes her suddenly comes to him. Did LR ask her or she's coming just for LG to get JTE's card. Lol.

You can skip this.... :lol:

Spoiler

I have to appreciate how majestic LMH is, I mean LG. Hahaha. Whatever he wears he can't hide his stunning look, he was right. Look at him with all black plus the hat. Oh my gaddd.... how could he be so perfect! My heart can't take it >__<

Love the part when JTE's dad recruiting the smoking teenagers I'm that alley. I've remember seen this scene in OMB but here TE's dad is such a hero, wow love that 90° high kick he did to throw that unhealthy cigarettes. He's the man of this episode! :lol:

See, I guess my bet on the rules of the burning scar might be true. GEN is death. It explains well why both TE and ES or JY didn't get it. Their counterparts aren't dead yet. It just need one confirmation for this, since LG has this scar as well. Then LJH was dead long time ago as well. 

Like how LG thought the same look could weaken him for a while. I'm sure LR's plan to use SJH will be for this as well. But we know LG will realize it quickly. 

You also can skip this....

Spoiler

The chickens are the main lead of all the main leads! They never miss a single episode! :lol:

And the part of LG gave ES that super luxurious sport car to him while taking the ginseng drink as his return. Whoaaaa... KES PPL gag is jjang!! I laughed a lot at those. Lol

I wonder the chronology of how JTE got stabbed in that alley, I know LG will run to save her. She'll get stabbed while chasing the suspicious lady care centre. LG will be rushed to the hospital by JY and Luna left in that moment JY found him fainted on the floor.  Once he wake up, that's how he'll go for JTE. It's relieving knowing both will be okay just like the previous preview told us. 

I remember the ending of Alice In Wonderland and I hope they won't make JTE make the same decision like she did. They must get married since the public is asking about their queen right?? This is the most important I guees. Lol. Okay, I'll talk more later. We have a freaking long week to discuss and all. So sleepy. Jaljayo yeorobun!! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1