[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] And The Winner is Love 月上重火

sugarplum892

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, lavvarr said:

also idk but according the ost, there is alot angst here, so im hoping the ending is happy. 

i'm in love with his smile, they look like they got along, can't wait for more eps

In my mind, it they will have a happy ending! Leo have an gorgeous smile.

11 hours ago, lavvarr said:

am i the only one who does not like how much they edited the female lead face? esp in the sun-kiss photo, i couldn't even recognise her. 

but i am liking the drama so far, i also like leo voice, it does not fully match but its graceful

I have noticed some parts were not flattering for the female leads face. I got up to episode 10. So far I am enjoying the drama too.

6 hours ago, tothestars said:

Just watched up to ep 8, so far i like it, it is more into Jin Yong wuxia style, like Heavenly Sword and Swordman, which the story will focus around conflict between evil sects and what so called righteous sects, but dont know whether it is adapted from novel or not though. I really enjoy LYX and Yukee a lot. Hopefully this pace will continue until the end. 

Usually I prefer straight up romance. But this Jin Ying style is good and keeping me interested.

It's rather aggravating to see how these 'righteous sects' can justify their actions by blaming a person who have passed away for so long. 

I am currently feeling sorry for Moyan Gege. He tried so hard to do the right thing. I feel that he won't have a great ending.

Leo and Yukee have good chemistry.  Leo plays the graceful character well. Yukee also plays the sweet, simple and righteous female lead well. I find her naive, but not annoying. 

Just saw ep8, and I am loving it so far. Leo plays the graceful casanova well^^, his smile is beautiful and so charming. Yukee is great as young master, and her character us naive, but it's not bothersome. I like the plot, and acting is good too. That old grandpa Yuwen is so horrible how he betrayed Ms. Chong Xuezhi!!! Shannguau Tou is handsome and elegant. Leo is perfect for this role^^. Lol can't help but Yukee character always someone wanted to kill her, like in The Love Lasts Two Minds.

In the beginning, SGT already have interest towards CXZ.....I have a theory that the savior of SGT is CXZ dad???

Things that annoying me is the "bokeh effect" for some scenes, dont know why they use it, i almost think that something wrong with my eyes. And the story about Cong Ye CXZ's dad, 5 years ago, he went mad n killing people from sects, but the drama show only the killing from Silver Whip's sect, i was imagining the greater killing scene, since all sects are so in grudge and dying to revenge to Hall of Flames.

So maybe since the title has love in it, so it more focus on romance n cp? 

Finally! A drama where Yun Xi will get the girl? Felt so bad for him in Ashes and Love 2 Lives. He looks so carefree and smiley in this drama. Hope the drama doesn’t dwell too much on the tragic parts too much. I want Yun Xi and Yu Kee to have a light and happy drama for once and not cry all the time :anguished:

I have to say Leo looks so cool with his beautiful fan^^!!!!! I love it everytime he opens it. I'm guessing from the titled, maybe at the end FL and ML leave the martial arts world and choose love as their end game to venture the world together??? Also, are Yukee and Leo dubbing their own voice? Yukee sounds the same from TLLTM, but Leo sounds like YeHua actor voice???.

2 hours ago, rosierosie said:

I have to say Leo looks so cool with his beautiful fan^^!!!!! I love it everytime he opens it. I'm guessing from the titled, maybe at the end FL and ML leave the martial arts world and choose love as their end game to venture the world together??? Also, are Yukee and Leo dubbing their own voice? Yukee sounds the same from TLLTM, but Leo sounds like YeHua actor voice???.

I heard that voice on someone else its driving me crazy I cant remember who I keep closing my eyes to try in picture who voice that was if anyone know please tell me 

Leo's charm is the only thing that made me persevere to episode 16. I was so close to dropping this because of the lacklustre storyline but there are no other dramas to watch at this time. FINALLY XueZhi stops being so weak and a damsel in distress, I hope she can hold her own as the leader of the sect now because I totally can't wait for her to kick richard simmons.

The terrible makeup of the EMei Priestess alone is worth a slap to her face :ph34r: dat ridiculous eyebrows lol! Plus, the other sect leaders are all portrayed as hypocritical trolls lol are they even worthy villains?

6840ca40ly1gf8e4jw243j21kw16mtla.jpg

The English title "And The Winner Is Love" is a really poor translation. 月上重火 is a portmanteau of 月上谷 Moon Valley (Shangguan Tou's domain) and 重火宫 Fiery Palace (Chong XueZhi's sect). I've seen an alternate translation "Reignited Fire Over The Moon" which would retain the poetic essence of the original title. It would be the perfect metaphor for the union of our two leads that's supposed to bring justice to the pugilistic world. 

At the end of the day I'm watching only for our OTP's journey. I enjoy seeing their growth and how they support one another to overcome trials and tribulations. 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:04 AM, arcchidus said:

This is adapted from a novel. FYI - But apparently they are not following all that closely so far.

idk how to feel about this, how far off are them ? (do you know ? if you know please do tell)

On 6/1/2020 at 12:31 AM, Reverie said:

Leo's charm is the only thing that made me persevere to episode 16. I was so close to dropping this because of the lacklustre storyline but there are no other dramas to watch at this time. FINALLY XueZhi stops being so weak and a damsel in distress, I hope she can hold her own as the leader of the sect now because I totally can't wait for her to kick richard simmons.

Agree, i want her to be stronger and faster, i thought she was brave when the guy challenge him in a battle and she accepts although she was weaker than him, reckless but brave (somehow the growth have not continue ?)

On 6/1/2020 at 12:31 AM, Reverie said:

The terrible makeup of the EMei Priestess alone is worth a slap to her face :ph34r: dat ridiculous eyebrows lol! Plus, the other sect leaders are all portrayed as hypocritical trolls lol are they even worthy villains?

6840ca40ly1gf8e4jw243j21kw16mtla.jpg

Actually i like her makeup, its very artistic, it would be better if she have red lipstick on or a least a brighter or stronger colour

@Misstinker According to this Chinese article the dubber Bian Jiang is renowned and has voiced Lan WangJi in The Untamed, Ye Hua in 3W3L and YuWen Yue in Princess Agents among many other famous characters. They didn’t want to use Leo’s gentle voice because SGT’s voice is supposed to be more steely and sonorous but netizens have expressed dissatisfaction at this choice. Personally his voice didn’t bother me that much when I’m too busy staring at his face :sweatingbullets:

@lavvarr ok we have different taste and can agree to disagree :P CSZ continues being framed and fainting almost every other episode... she doesn’t woman up until ep16 so just focus on SGT beauty until then LOL

@rosierosie you’re somewhat right!

Spoiler

CSZ has a “second daddy” who is her biological father’s good friend - he saved SGT and told him to protect CSZ (why doesn’t he do it himself? Hmmmmm........maybe he wanted to matchmake them) 

@Reverie hiya! Popped by to check out the show but the trailer looks like it might just be too much tragedy/sadness for me. Avoiding angsty shows since it’s tough enough being cooped up at home all the time and I don’t want to be affected by the drama and feel down. But I’ll pop back to check out if it’s HE before deciding ^_^

I also find the plot boring but Im sticking to it because its Yunxi. I reconized WangJi voice, I don’t like it, Yunxi gentle voice is perfect for him and actually matches the lead in my opnion. The plot sometimes looks like it has no direction to go, episodes ends without cliffhangers, I also find the blurr effect really uncomfortable to look at, the cgi colors look too bright almost fluorescent at times, the music is too overwhelming, and finally, for a wuxia, there are really few fights. I don’t like the current trend of detective plots, looks like every Chinese historical drama is about detective and investigations now. Anyways, I don’t like it, I hoped it would have the Ashes of Love magical feel, not same plot, but that feel, the camera angles, the funny parts and the awesome osts, since it’s from the same team that made Ashes...but the camera angles are even tiring to look at, like I’m watching them from above all the time, very stiff and unflattering to the actors expressions and micro expressions. The girl, well, I find the acting lacking so far, but some said it gets better in ep 16, let’s see it, currently she speaks like a five year old, looking to her feet all the time, it gives me anxiety. Yunxi is great, his fight scenes leave me out of breath, so elegant and precise in all his movements, I can say he’s giving all he has in this project, I wish the plot would have more pace tho.

On 5/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, tothestars said:

Just watched up to ep 8, so far i like it, it is more into Jin Yong wuxia style, like Heavenly Sword and Swordman, which the story will focus around conflict between evil sects and what so called righteous sects, but dont know whether it is adapted from novel or not though. I really enjoy LYX and Yukee a lot. Hopefully this pace will continue until the end. 

Yukee Chen was in the lastest remake of The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Slaying Sabre. So maybe that is why she is in this drama. hum...

On 5/31/2020 at 10:31 AM, Reverie said:

At the end of the day I'm watching only for our OTP's journey. I enjoy seeing their growth and how they support one another to overcome trials and tribulations. 

Haha I am totally feeling this. I binged through all 16 eps in 3 days because there's nothing else to watch right now. I'm only watching for Luo Yun Xi and his superior acting - he has so much crying scenes and then everytime he looks at Xue Zhi and smile it makes my heart flutter. He's seriously putting through so much emotion into every thing he does, happiness, excitement, anger, hurt, it's beautiful acting. HIS EYES ARE SO DREAMY AND INTENSE. 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:31 AM, Reverie said:

I've seen an alternate translation "Reignited Fire Over The Moon" which would retain the poetic essence of the original title.

Loving this translation instead because the English title they gave it doesn't retain any meaning of the Chinese title. For those who don't understand Chinese and wanted to watch given the English title wouldn't understand it all. 

The plot is seriously really typical and I'm not entirely buying Chen Yu Qi's acting. A lot of her emotions look overplayed/a little fake. The OTP are really cute though and it's all because of Luo Yun Xi. The side characters aren't really fleshed out either. They still don't go into why Feng Zi likes Shangguan Tou (I find her parts really boring) and I don't get why Xia Qing Mei wanted to learn the Lian Shen Jiu Shi. His motive of beating Shangguan Tou and wanting to be the best is not enough of a draw for me. 

On 5/31/2020 at 6:43 AM, Misstinker said:

Also, are Yukee and Leo dubbing their own voice?

Both of their voices are not actually theirs. If you watch the latest ep of Happy Camp and they both appear as guests you can hear their original voice. OMG now that you say it I can totally see that it's Ye Hua's voice ahhhh LOL that's really going to change how I look at Shangguan Tou now ahaha. 

I can't help but now intensely notice the voice actor for the male lead. The dubber has done a lot of wuxia/historical drama dubbings, WOW. https://baike.baidu.com/item/边江/10206574#3_3

Shangguan Tou 

Lan Wang Ji in The Untamed

Lin Geng Xin's role in Legend of Chu Qiao

Ye Hua/Mo Yuan in Eternal Love

as some of the big roles. No wonder the voice is so familiar! 

1 hour ago, Ashley Tam said:

I can't help but now intensely notice the voice actor for the male lead. The dubber has done a lot of wuxia/historical drama dubbings, WOW. https://baike.baidu.com/item/边江/10206574#3_3

Shangguan Tou 

Oh wow, his resume is huge and he's done so much dubbing for so many lead actors. He's the voice in a lot of the dramas I've watched too. No wonder his voice sounds so familiar. 

6 hours ago, Ashley Tam said:

Shangguan Tou 

Yeah, totally forgot he dubbed Yibo as LanZan. Yeah, he's quite popular. His voice is soothing.

@Reverie yeah I just saw ep 9, and her dad's friend aka uncle told her about ST. Yeah, prob having ST to protect and then link them as a couple^^. So far ST doesn't like Ms. Chong, but his actions is otherwise??? I hope the plot picks up soon.

Archived