[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

8 minutes ago, nona88 said:

OMG  SHE CONFESSED 

Hide contents

she said  that what she really  want to understand is  him who suffer from the disease not the disease itself 

he asked her if i pity ?

and she said "i like you ""

Yes yes~~!! 

Spoiler

And worst thing happen in preview. U not gonna like it. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Yes yes~~!! 

Reveal hidden contents

And worst thing happen in preview. U not gonna like it. 

i am  worry about his health but more worry about all this people follow him

Spoiler

what this the nurse has someone hired to follow him 24 hours and taken pictures

the ex minster had another hired one who do the same ( just make a spy club and help each other :triumph::triumph:)

his lawyer friend also part of the ex minster plan

SY mother start to notice that he and SY has more feeling than normal prof and student

everyone finding out about this two feeling to each other before this two can even start anything 

and everyone not like it or trying to use it to harm CYH 

:rage:

so from the face of the ex minster and lawyer in preview SY and CYH as couple isn't a welcome thing:skull:

add on that CYH health is fallen down and he will try to hide it from SY and refuse her feeling

we just get a confess what the hell all that sad mess from all sides :bawling::heartbreak::rage:

I'm currently watching ep.7 and one thought crept inside my brain - SY's sis should've become a veterinarian instead. With the way she worries and takes care of stray cats she'd be a good fit for a vet. She understands animals better than humans, her taking care of them while having an allergy is quite telling. She doesn't show the same dedication when dealing with her patients. I wonder why she became  doctor and if it was her wish and not something her family decided for her.

Thank you citizens for the spoilers.  I'm so proud that our lady is totally badass and has the balls to confess straight out to her man.  I like to know how Dr. Cha responds to that.  Don't tell me he pretends like he didn't hear it and he'll wait until he's down in a hospital bed to say something like:

Dr. Cha:  I know nothing of romantic words.  I only know Yo Han loves Si Young.  I fell in love with you the first time I saw you.  (Super jelly eyes attack)

PS:  The scene where she checked his vital (complete with jelly eyes) was so sexy that I went to heaven for a second or two before coming back.  (Queue bgm:  can you feel the love tonight)

Thank you chingus for the spoilers (((:

I am dying to watch the raw episodes!!!! ahhh

In the meantime I have OST Part 3 on repeat. :lol:

Edit. 

Rewatching ep 7. 

I always wondered why there was a scene of the butterfly. 

I just learned that butterflies do not have pain receptors. 

And according to this article, In Search of Magic, French naturalist Marcel Roland's quotes that "'butterflies give us 'solace for the pain of living.'" 

I like that Kang Si Young worries for Cha Yo Han, but at the same time CYH says that his life is normal. He has to go through the pains of not living like others and he has accepted life as it is. And so little CYH poking into the butterfly's wing was probably a realization for him. The butterfly can't feel pain, too. It gave him solace. 

And because he knows the pain of not knowing what to do with his father at a young age, it is probably why he doesn't want to pick a guardian and to let KSY worry about him. 

Oh my. I'm seriously waiting for ep 8...or rather 15 and 16. 

5 hours ago, ponderings said:

Rewatching ep 7. 

I always wondered why there was a scene of the butterfly. 

I just learned that butterflies do not have pain receptors. 

And according to this article, In Search of Magic, French naturalist Marcel Roland's quotes that "'butterflies give us 'solace for the pain of living.'" 

I like that Kang Si Young worries for Cha Yo Han, but at the same time CYH says that his life is normal. He has to go through the pains of not living like others and he has accepted life as it is. And so little CYH poking into the butterfly's wing was probably a realization for him. The butterfly can't feel pain, too. It gave him solace. 

And because he knows the pain of not knowing what to do with his father at a young age, it is probably why he doesn't want to pick a guardian and to let KSY worry about him. 

Good catch :).  Loved the article. Yes the allegory about the butterfly probably alludes to the fact that you can live and experience life even without pain receptors.  That’s its normal, as it is his.  Life in the absence of pain. It is still a “good life”.  Which is why I think he’s not someone who takes end of life decisions lightly.  He fights harder than most every day to live one more day because it may be his last...he’s a ticking time bomb.  So it wouldn’t make sense for them to accuse him of being flippant about something as serious as euthanasia.

And yes to why he doesn’t want to burden SY with having to worry about someone else.  It’s not like she hasn’t got enough on her plate with her dad to worry about.

OKAY i have to admit for just 2 minutes i almost change my though about the prosecutor when he was talking about law and not doing it for personal feeling and talk about not changing the world with punishing but with law 

i thought for 2 minutes he maybe not crazy that much but i wake up so fast when he said "they have to wait for CYH to meet a patient that don't have anything left but pain and death " since he sure he will do that again 

but i didn't wake up because he sure CYH will do that again that not wrong it his though

i wake up cause i had fast three ideas flying in my head at the same time

•  he going to dying people meeting and lying about being sick
  • he look like searching for someone
  • ánd he find someone who has nothing left but pain , death and wishing for death and he call the 911 himself

so call me crazy or over hating him but he going to send that women to be CYH patient with the agenda to make him face that again and catch him , waiting ?!!!!!!! you not going to wait you playing god and want to test him with the most horrible  situation 

i hope i am wrong i hope i am over thinking but god help me i just though all of that when i heard him say this words  i didn't even thought about it when he was in that meeting :dizzy:

i am really hoping i am wrong and have to admit later i wasn't fair with him more than hoping to be right and see him do that 

i dont have to  even say it but that nurse is nuts pieces oh she behind that , you can even fear that someday she will hold a weapon and  harm someone for really she also hide things and using the prosecutor in her own way , if the logic and law plan he doing didn't work she will be ready to do that in more crazy way 

there one line between being a victim or family victim and have all the right to be sad , angry , hateful and unforgiving person and between someone who lose that right , it the line when you decide to be left your victim right and start  to  take bad  take acting against the person you hate ,

it not that i don't understand them both but they have no right there so many other victim and family victim, who suffering and live in pain  behind any understanding but most of them live there life fighting that the incurable  pain like that the incurable sickness and trying to move on if they ever could  do that

they dont go crazy on mission to personally make the person who cause them that harm suffer and even switch there target to other as it the same right to hate the with the same amount

i don't know about the prosecutor yet , i will give him a chance for now but i know that the nurse ;lost that right already with what she did with CYH patient and with what her mind is on now 

So the aftermath of Dr. Kang's confession is not looking good like how they stand in the elevator but they don't even look at each other in the preview (not mentioning Dr. Cha's imminent sickness and offenses from sneaky enemies).  I guess this weekend's eps are as "romantic" as they can get.  It's very likely things will go South from here.  Oh, how mean they are to stab my heart with a thousand knives. 

I liked how CYH keep asking to understand  what is Sy feeling,  it wasn't like he didn't like it, he like it so much her worry, care, ordering him around, yelling at him and her being close to him 

And it not like he was running from her and her feeling it was like he running  from his feeling 

He wasn't sure why she doing that 

Is that a pity?

Is That being again acting so emotional with the patient? 

Is that her normal doctor  over responsibility??

It was the same in his house and the same when they talked in the hospital room  he was happy with her caring and worrying about him till she say a words that make him doubt if she doing that cause the reasons above!!! 

He really loves her, he really melting by her kindness, straightforward, smart mind and caring personality but he have zero confidence in himself so it was like this from the start he like the sign  of her caring for him than refuse to get carry  away on that, like fearing  to fly higher  when he may fall down really hard later 

It was never him who was going to start making  move  or trying to confess  his feeling 

When she said at the hospital room she want to understand him he was touched and he asked  her how!  but when she said like how he understand his patient  she want to understand  he laughed but at himself since he though  she again seeing him as patient ( he laughed at himself for getting carried away for moments and misunderstood her caring again) 

That why in the elevator scene he ask the same question  he keep asked her it in his house " so ..",   he was just trying to confirm  what she mean !!, to confirm if she really feeling  what he understand or if it his imagination 

And this time he ask more directly questions since he really holding on hardly and she keep shaking him so strongly with her acting

So he ask:

So do you  pity?

Are you again acting so emotional with the patient? 

Is it your doctor  over responsibility??

Then  why??( his voice in this was talking itself) 

And she answered  it 

No

No 

I like you, professor  I like you 

And he was frozen  

He has so many fear, he dont have confidence in himself neither that he should dream of normal love, he fear to make other suffer  with him and has so many other thought  and fear 

He loved  her but didn't wait for anything from her but let see him now facing that she love  him too! The previews look gloomy  and make us think  that he going to push her away after his situation getting worse

but I am here having hope why??? 

Because it Sy , her strong and straightforward has always amazed  CYH, she keep shaking him from the start till now, she the only person  who he cant control or know what she going to do next, suprising him and shaking him destroy his wall each time 

He can resist but with her personality I doubt he will be able to do that for long ,

His feeling was getting on him even before she confessed  we all saw how deep his feeling are in this week episodes

I am worry but I am not scared, I know Sy not going to let his hand even if he want this 

And  sadly I know they have so much enemy  and hard  times coming on so I know he will surrounded soon to his feeling 

I haven't a chance to watch the ep but I saw the raw clip on youtube where it looks like Dr. Cha and Dr. Kang was having an exchange like a lovers' quarrel and Dr. Lee was innocently caught up in their private moment by being there.  

From the way it looks, it's clear that she wears the pants in the relationship and I like that.  She's like a wife who orders him around.  He needs a woman like her to put his life in order.

I really love to see JS and LSY in a full fledge romantic drama so I don't have to see whining here and there on how there shouldn't be romance between them.

It’s quite sweet how SY confessed. Now it’s about caring each other...

am pretty shock that that the nurse that hates YH yelled at the lawyer saying is this personal. Never really liked the lawyer

5 hours ago, nona88 said:
  • he going to dying people meeting and lying about being sick
  • he look like searching for someone
  • ánd he find someone who has nothing left but pain , death and wishing for death and he call the 911 himself

Is he lying?  Or was he truthful about Stage 3 stomach cancer?  I mean, the lady that spoke to him about Death Talks claimed she was good at picking out people who were sick and she said he looked sick.  Was that really his purpose for going to Death Talks?  Or was it as you suggest to find someone and have them meet YH so he could assist them with suicide?  I guess he found someone...the lady with only 1-2months to live and who expressed desire for assisted suicide.

I agree it’s a plot hole if they allowed Prosecutor onto the case involving the death of his own son.  You can’t possibly be neutral in that circumstance.

As a side note I really like how they are explored the whole concept of pain.  A bit melodramatic but still, I haven’t seen it explored in all its varied forms before.  It’s novel. :)

I meant to add.  Instead of Dr. Cha being sick, they should have Dr. Kang being sick so I can see more of Dr. Cha emotional responses.  I thought that was so sexy when he got all bend out of shape worrying about her.

“Hotel Del Luna” And “Doctor John” Both Top Their Time Slots As Their Love Stories Steal Viewers’ Hearts

Aug 11, 2019
by E. Cha
11f84488e8754139869c4de775a632cd.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Hotel Del Luna” and SBS’s “Doctor John” continue to dominate their time slots!

Both dramas took No. 1 in their respective time slots on August 10, and despite their entirely different genres, they both made viewers’ hearts beat a little faster with the romantic endings to their latest episodes.

Meanwhile, the August 10 episode of “Doctor John”—which airs one hour later than “Hotel Del Luna” at 10 p.m. KST— scored average viewership ratings of 7.3 percent and 11.3 percent nationwide, beating out MBC’s “Golden Garden” (which scored average ratings of 7.0 percent and 7.6 percent during the same time slot) to take first place once again. “Doctor John” also topped its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, achieving its highest viewership yet with average ratings of 3.6 percent and 5.7 percent.

Ji-Sung-Lee-Se-Young1.jpg

The latest episode of “Doctor John” similarly ended with a heart-fluttering confession, as Kang Si Young (played by Lee Se Young) raced to catch Cha Yo Han (played by Ji Sung) in the elevator. Just before the doors opened, Kang Si Young confessed her feelings by telling him, “I like you.” But before Cha Yo Han could respond, the elevator arrived at its destination, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what will unfold between the two in the drama’s next episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1344681wpp/hotel-del-luna-and-doctor-john-both-top-their-time-slots-as-their-love-stories-steal-viewers-hearts

So everyone's terminally ill in this drama or what lol? First ML and now the prosecutor? Don't get me wrong I love the drama but this is just too melodramatic & ott. On top of that I can't empathize with the prosecutor and his motive most of the time. His judgement of character & actions are clouded by his emotions and if anyone should stay far from their profession, it's him. I'm waiting for a good justification for his behaviour cuz otherwise his whole grudge and vengeance over a doctor who presumably killed his son's murderer doesn't make much sense

Coming back to the lead couple, I'm pretty sure ML wanted to hear exactly what he heard from FL. He definitely didn't want sympathy nor empathy from her. ML isn't gonna accept his feelings nor confess anytime soon I guess although I hope he does. He clearly doesn't want to burden anyone and definitely not FL who he feels protective of. I maybe thinking out loud but why do I get the feeling that FL could be adopted? I could be wrong lol

i’m being a meanie but i really hope its true when the prosecutor said he had stage 3 stomach cancer.. cos that would mean, he might ultimately be in pain and need the professional help from YH and team B) the nurse seems to be from hospice care.. she was so caring to the sick kids (seems like cancer or some terminal disease).. she kept the secret of forcing the kidnapper patient to sign the clinical trial form, hopefully prosecutor finds out in time.. i mean, the drama poster has him as one of the key persons on it.. bad guys dun usually appear on kdrama posters.. rite? haha :D hoping for a redemption.

Archived