[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

I'm still new on soompi and this was my 1st time on a drama forum and I had a great time. Even though we didn't get anymore naked dongyoon the implied bed scene sent my imaginations running wild and the whole last episode was exceede my expectations. Till the drama awards I'll still be hanging around here to see what awards they walked away with. Do we know when they announce the nominations for kbs? The tale of nokdu deserves to walk away with a bulk of awards for everyone. I'd even give an award for best director if possible. 

On 11/26/2019 at 3:07 PM, Sky8lue said:

But won't say goodbye yet, because KBS still owes us the final BTS, and not to forget the year-end KBS Drama Awards!

By the way, look who locked the door this time:

That kind of attention to detail is something I think they've been doing through out the drama and one of the reasons I was able to get so absorbed into it. They created a real world with real people and everyone lived in their characters. It'll be very difficult to move on from tale of nokdu. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Tale of Nokdu" Kim So-hyun's Defining Character

photo1127744.jpg

Kim So-hyun's character has caused a stir.

On the final episode of the drama "The Tale of Nokdu", Dong-joo and Nok-doo (Jang Dong-yoon) reached a happy ending.

Prior to their wedding, Dong-joo told Nok-doo, "I'm going to live happily with you. For a long time, forever. So cry on my shoulder if you have to and laugh with me about the good things, just like now".

Kim So-hyun has successfully played different characters every year and this time she played Dong Dong-joo, a character who has a painful past behind her imposing appearance.

Dong Dong-joo was able to mesmerize the viewers because Kim So-hyun blended so well with her character. She was able to make everyone cry with her painful moments and deliver her delicate emotions through every inch of her expression. Her speech, her gaze and every detail of her actions added to her sincerity and created a Dong Dong-joo that no one else could have played better.

"The Tale of Nokdu", which is based on a webtoon, is about Jeon Nok-doo, a man who dresses up as a woman to sneak into a mysterious village for widows. The drama made an impact right away.

Meanwhile, Kim So-hyun announced the second season of Netiflix's Original Series, "Love Alarm","Love Alarm - Season 2", on the 30th last month.

"The Tale of Nokdu" is directed by Kang Soo-yeon-II, Kim Dong-hwi, written by Baek So-yeon, Lim Ye-jin, and features Jang Dong-yoon, Kim So-hyun, Kang Tae-oh, Jung Joon-ho, Kim Tae-woo, Yoon Yoo-sun. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/09/30~2019/11/25, Mon, Tue 22:00 on KBS.

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201911261191087969?did=NT&dtype=&dtypecode=&prnewsid=

New photos released by Jung Jun Ho (King Gwanghae)'s agency today~

New:

%EC%A0%95%EC%A4%80%ED%98%B8_%EB%B0%B0%EC

%EC%A0%95%EC%A4%80%ED%98%B8_%EB%B0%B0%EC

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=26964004&memberNo=43437812

Another version:

Kim So Hyun's interview released today:

36f064fca08d42c391f794dd3447c535.JPG

[Auto-translated by Google Chrome, so please pardon any mistranslations]

Q: Do you have any personal favorite scenes or dialogues in the mung bean war?

A: The wedding scene is so nice. It was ruined, but everyone was so happy to smile, and most of all, I was happy that everyone could be together when shooting the scene. It was really fun to express. 

Q: Looking at the behind-the-scenes video, the scene seemed to be very fun. If there is an episode?

A: The atmosphere in the field is the same as the behind-the-scenes video! Everyone was so playful that the staff, the directors and the actors came together and made fun of each other. It was a scene where you can shoot without regard to your age and gender. 

Q: What did you get from this drama?

A: I got passion and energy. It's not like I've never before, but the scope was very limited to me, and through this drama, I met a lot of passionate actors, directors, and staff. 

Full interview here: https://1boon.kakao.com/actorlovers/shrenwjszoflrxj

@Sky8lue And she should have added to that last part, "Through this drama, I met the love of my life"... :joy:... sorry, not sorry :P

@Ameera Ali The ring was updated because the flower ring can't survive a day, much more 9 years :D... even they said so..

@petunia I am also waiting for any announcements about the Drama Awards. I agree, the directors and writers deserve some awards too, if only we can give them.

Does anyone know if KBS usually opens up a voting for the Couple Award, btw? If they do, I hope us international fans can vote too. I know Knetz are so into this couple too so they'll probably vote but it would be great also if us international viewers can participate as well :blush:

18 hours ago, Sky8lue said:

Another version:

Kim So Hyun's interview released today:

[Auto-translated by Google Chrome, so please pardon any mistranslations]

Q: Do you have any personal favorite scenes or dialogues in the mung bean war?

A: The wedding scene is so nice. It was ruined, but everyone was so happy to smile, and most of all, I was happy that everyone could be together when shooting the scene. It was really fun to express. 

Q: Looking at the behind-the-scenes video, the scene seemed to be very fun. If there is an episode?

A: The atmosphere in the field is the same as the behind-the-scenes video! Everyone was so playful that the staff, the directors and the actors came together and made fun of each other. It was a scene where you can shoot without regard to your age and gender. 

Q: What did you get from this drama?

A: I got passion and energy. It's not like I've never before, but the scope was very limited to me, and through this drama, I met a lot of passionate actors, directors, and staff. 

Full interview here: https://1boon.kakao.com/actorlovers/shrenwjszoflrxj

Continuation translation of the interview

Q Have you have appeared a lot in historical dramas, is there any genres or characters you want to play?

A The Muweol sisters in the 'Nokdujeon' were so cool and amazing. I like to watch and admire their scene during shooting, and I would like to try the character with action in future.

Q Lastly, a word to the viewers who loved Nokdujeon.

A Since there are viewers who love 'Nokdujeon', I think 'Nokdujeon' could shine even more. Thank you so much for crying and laughing together with us until the end of the drama! I was so happy thanks to the viewers! Thank you.

?fname=https%3A%2F%2Ft1.daumcdn.net%2Fliveboard%2Factorlovers%2Fe8faf83e3b164119b8f4ed4caab9b655.JPG

---------------------------

* Kim Sohyun answer below question as if she were Dongju

Q What is your comment on the Dongju's  first ever kiss during rain with Nokdu?

A It's my first kiss... My comment is...  It was too cold and trembling but it was good. It was so funny to see Nokdu nervous. I'm sure that (kiss) was his first time too. 

Yah! Far flung island for the win! Was great to see the others too and that the started a new widows village and running the show themselves.

Thank heavens the psycho really did love DJ or else Nokdu could have returned to have found a shell

wait,, so they were already married? is that why they're already living together before the wedding? so......does that mean the "first night" scene in the drama is not their actual first night? lmao rewatching the last ep coz I still cant move on..:phew:

MF8mvl0.jpg

Kag Tae Oh 's interview

"Sohyun is younger than me but I learnt a lot from her being that she's a huge senior. I admired her amazing focus in acting"

Yulmu picked the scene where Dongju confession for Nokdu to Yulmu. "I was glad that even the warning Dongju gave to Yulmu seems to be of interest but Dongju's confession about Nokdu was sad."

"I had tried to imagine before and wonder what will happen if Dongju and Yulmu have a heart for each other and Nokdu was the one who come in between us and it becomes a love triangle"

About the kiss scene with Dongyoon "I don't usually apply lip balm but for that particular kiss scene, I start applying 3-4 days before everyday. But JDY hyung ate red ginseng candy to have the traditional scent. It was disappointing."

When asked abt the possibility of getting 'Best Couple Award' with JDY "Now that I think about it, I only had skinships with Nokdu and not Dongju. I wont be able to forget it. I also called Dongyoon, 'Honey~' at filming site."

cr:wowhellosohyun -twitter

Top 2 Scenes That Make You Want To Fall In Love This Week

Have you been watching dramas these days? If not, you are missing many great scenes! If you like romance, this weekly Kpopmap series might be for you.

Be aware of major spoilers from episodes that aired this week. 

We made a selection of scenes from K-Dramas from this week that will make your heart flutter by their cuteness and romantic vibes and will make you want to fall in love. These scenes are the sweetest of this week. No more words, here is the list!

Let us know in the comment which scene you prefer and/or what is the sweetest scene of this week episodes according to you.

If you missed last’s week choice, check it here.

1- “Tale of NokDu

Kim SoHyun and Jang DongYoon as Dong DongJoo and Jun NokDu

Kim SoHyun and Jang DongYoon are now reunited and a lovey-dovey couple.

This scene of the last episode especially caught our attention for its beautiful filming. Kim SoHyun and Jang DongYoon were apart and were dearly missing each other.

Kim SoHyun was waiting for him to come home and was looking at the sea in the hope to see the boat coming. When she saw it, she started to run down the hill as fast as she could. Arriving at the beach, she ran into Jang DongYoon’s arms and they romantically kissed.

tale of nokdu, tale of nokdu drama, tale of nokdu romance, tale of nokdu scene, tale of nokdu kim sohyun, tale of nokdu jang dongyoon, kim sohyun jang dongyoon

KBS

tale of nokdu, tale of nokdu drama, tale of nokdu romance, tale of nokdu scene, tale of nokdu kim sohyun, tale of nokdu jang dongyoon, kim sohyun jang dongyoon

KBS

KBS

Spoiler

KBS

Spoiler

TWICE’s ChaeYoung Cut & Dyed Her Hair Back To Coconut Style

https://www.kpopmap.com/top-2-scenes-that-make-you-want-to-fall-in-love-this-week-nov6/

5 hours ago, kshuuuuuw said:

wait,, so they were already married? is that why they're already living together before the wedding? so......does that mean the "first night" scene in the drama is not their actual first night? lmao rewatching the last ep coz I still cant move on..:phew:

They haven't get married yet. ND's brother meant annulment for wedding plan.

Sso comment in BTS, implied that their first night after the wedding was their real first night. That's why it was so memorable. Something that I my self find hard to believe at first, seeing their PDA at the beach and the fact that they were sleeping together every night. You know that they were two young people with raging hormon.

There a time skip between ND rescued DJ from YM villa. Nokdu was badly injured in the coup, even more than his latest battle at widow village. Knowing ND, I knew that he won't wait until he fully recovered to fetch DJ. So I can imagine that running for miles and hard journey from/to the island potentially made ND tired, and his wound reopen again. I can imagine DJ refuse to do anything to a still wounded ND beside just sleeping in the same room.

Something to note: both ND and YM both acted as gentlemant to DJ. They always respected DJ's boundary. When ND's fully recovered, they're already in between wedding preparation and muwol corps mission. Maybe DJ felt it was better to wait just few days/weeks until the wedding, to make it more special. We saw that ND tried to asked, but she scolded and pushed him...

I've read on soompi that another drama that just aired is getting promotional activities in China. Any chances tale of nokdu could get similar promotions? I can't come to terms with giving up this drama plus I think they deserve more popularity and love. When a good drama doesn't get the right amount of appreciation it stings as a fan. I do think this drama has enough international popularity to warrant some promotional fan meetings or events. 

Jang Dongyoon "Kim Sohyun is the best co-star, outstanding charm vibes"

EKhl5qzUwAEdBw4.jpg

EKhl6tfU0AEJeO4.jpg

cr: wowhellosohyun -twitter

15 minutes ago, petunia said:

I've read on soompi that another drama that just aired is getting promotional activities in China. Any chances tale of nokdu could get similar promotions? I can't come to terms with giving up this drama plus I think they deserve more popularity and love. When a good drama doesn't get the right amount of appreciation it stings as a fan. I do think this drama has enough international popularity to warrant some promotional fan meetings or events. 

I hope they do . When ı read the news ı thought same with you.

@petunia  Yes same here.. i hope they do some sort of promotional tour in asian countries.. i see a lot of thai comments on twitter and i know KSH is populair in Taiwan so i really hope they at least do some sort of promotion in these countries.

Ahw reading KTO's interview it seemed like he also wanted some action with KSH loll unfortunately it never happend poor thing..

JDY really has nothing but amazing words for KSH as expected:wub: 

I wish the interviewers would also ask KSH what her experience was acting with JDY.. i want to hear about her experience just as much

@petunia Saw that too ~... ahhh.. I hope they can do some promotions outside of Korea too. I can only hope for that Japan screening.. I wish they'll go there and promote like KSH's previous drama. I'm not sure how popular this is in China but any country will do :)

3 hours ago, soesje said:

@petunia  Yes same here.. i hope they do some sort of promotional tour in asian countries.. i see a lot of thai comments on twitter and i know KSH is populair in Taiwan so i really hope they at least do some sort of promotion in these countries.

Yasss... Thailand would be good too. I saw many Thai comments in Twitter as well so I can say it must be popular there. As long as we can see them together again please, I would take it.

I agree, I wanna know KSH's thoughts too about working with JDY. Let's see and wait for more interviews from her ^^

We can finally see the wrap-up party~! I was waiting for Entertainment Weekly, so happy they covered it. Hope we can see some interactions between our Dong Jeon couple :heart:

Archived