Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

7 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Crazzzyyyyy , I can't get over this BTS and Kiss scene everybody:bawling::love::heart:

It's beautiful right! :D:wub:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's beautiful right! :D:wub:

I thought it was simple high school kiss but Haru held Danoh's waist and watch :wub:ahhhhh this is so beautiful  and passionate:heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 3

At this point, I don’t know how this drama is going to end. If DO dies, how everybody is going to end up. Are we going to have a new set up/ manhwa ? 

Is it possible to have an happy ending when you are never in control of your life ? 

All theirs efforts for what in the end ? 

IMO how to understand EY

- it feels like a critique of artistic creation. 

Like sometimes you are going to create stories and characters. At the beginning they belong to you but sometimes they become alive. Your creation is bigger than yourself ( I am thinking about GRR Martin for exemple who create an universe so rich than the writer seems lost and eaten by his own creation). They move without you and the artist doesn’t control anything anymore. 

- clearly it’s also about how an artist can be limited by his own perspective and his own success. Always having the same stories, characters and lines. The writer is maybe afraid to attempt something new and worse nobody ( readers) expect him/her to do so. They’re here for the same tropes and same stereotypese 

- in the same way, it’s also about life. About how we are in existential dread. We don’t know why we are here in this earth , what we are supposed to do ? Even with religion, we will never 100% be sure. We think we have total freedom but it’s not true. We are be conditioned by our social background, the country where we live, etc.  Despite of that, we are still living even in the worst conditions. The strength of humanity.

Anyway i love this. 10 episodes well done. I didn’t have expectations and here we are. Impressed by the story and how some people can really be out of the confort zone. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Did they actually add a meta-level... like OMG! :lol:

109934902e798deaf9dd97e2607a4ce23ff53f40

EDIT:

Eeeek... I love the whole conversation. How Dan Oh explains what extraordinary means and then Ha Ru is supposed to explain it and use the term correctly. And of course he is using Dan Oh as an example. :wub: And then Ha Ru says "Extraordinary You".

This drama, you guys, so self-referential.

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Dan Oh for the past episodes: what is dating, what is love, what is this feeling?

200.gif

Me: Girl, you've been in love and dating Ha Ru since:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Yeah!  Today's episodes with English subtitles just released.  Gonna go and watch.  Be back to read more of your comments.  This is turning out to be one of the best threads that I have been on in a very long time.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, larrysouth said:

Yeah!  Today's episodes with English subtitles just released.  Gonna go and watch.  Be back to read more of your comments.  This is turning out to be one of the best threads that I have been on in a very long time.

Oh that's great to read! I haven't been this active in a drama thread for a really long time and I'm loving every minute of it. :D

In any drama this would be cheesy as heck but with these two... I buy every word Ha Ru is saying because he means it. Dan Oh and Ha Ru have this youthfulness and sincerity. It's like they discover their world together and I'm here for it. Talking about soulmates.

cbd4530c0cbe847632d1c899c49d6971df59901ec1133c771a84ed158283ee916544ca1333191703

Credit: okashiratsuki

• Like 11
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1

I haven't watched the latest episode but it seems to me that BK's personality and mentality hasn't changed from Trumpet creeper. Back then, BK wanted Haru to remain by his side and now, he is asking the same thing. He requires from Haru to act as his follower, the one who helps BK to shine as a second lead. In other words, although he is now self-aware, BK wishes that the original script from manhwa is not changed at all. His biggest wish that DO loves him for real, just like in the manhwa. He wished, Haru to remain his guard and not love DO.

To sum up, BK represents the total opposite of Haru and DO. Unlike them, he doesn't want to change the story, when it comes to HR and DO. He wants to be in the center of the love story. He would like that the fake becomes real which is not going to happen. Haru and DO wish the exact opposite: the fake disappears and the true becomes real...

• Like 9
  • Love 5

What if

Spoiler

Like the secret manhwa, at the trumpet creeper writer makes Dan Oh end up with Baek Kyung. But, it's turns out that the three of them aware of their existence as manhwa character. Dan Oh love Baek Kyung at stage, but she love Haru at shadow.

Haru and Dan Oh fall in love deeply, and want to change their fate so badly, but they found that they can't change it.

Dan Oh really loves Haru. So she doesn't want to end up with Baek Kyung. But because her set-up, she knows that she can't be together with Haru.

Because of that, Dan Oh stabbed herself with sword, right on her heart, so she can die and hope this story never happen again later (because the story keep repeating)

Because of this, she have heart sickness at secret manhwa, and the story that she wanted to avoid, happened again.

Oh my imagination :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 8

4 hours ago, renjunnie said:

What if

Hide contents

Like the secret manhwa, at the trumpet creeper writer makes Dan Oh end up with Baek Kyung. But, it's turns out that the three of them aware of their existence as manhwa character. Dan Oh love Baek Kyung at stage, but she love Haru at shadow.

Haru and Dan Oh fall in love deeply, and want to change their fate so badly, but they found that they can't change it.

Dan Oh really loves Haru. So she doesn't want to end up with Baek Kyung. But because her set-up, she knows that she can't be together with Haru.

Because of that, Dan Oh stabbed herself with sword, right on her heart, so she can die and hope this story never happen again later (because the story keep repeating)

Because of this, she have heart sickness at secret manhwa, and the story that she wanted to avoid, happened again.

Oh my imagination :sweatingbullets:

That's really heck of a imagination... you go girl:lol:

The preview was mind boggling!!!... No no I mean it for real I could only make sense out 20% rest was all so here and there:sweat_smile:

• Like 8

Woah! They kinda referenced a really famous scene in manga called Ao Haru Ride with that sweet scene in which Haru and Danoh were facing each other while resting their heads on a desk

b8ad5622a779be172aae2d0b7c3e683f738d950c

Spoiler

80990e6a5dd8c7d06859db6349ba829a3d1f56ce

167d60ca0a0afde88031cba70310f4d476b3a711

Also, somebody mentioned in an other site that the drama director's previous work was the Seaguk The King in Love about a king, a princess and a bodyguard (and the princess apparently falls for the bodyguard?!), and that he might playfully reference it as well in the Seaguk part of Extraordinary You with Kyung, Danoh and Haru.

• Like 14
  • Insightful 1

Now, I am wondering if Haru is different from the other characters because he doesn't belong to that story initially. It was outlined many times that Haru's beginning is unknown to which Haru replied that he would find his own answer. Since even Jiminchae has no idea about Haru's origin, I have been thinking that Haru might have been from the start the disturbance element in the manhwas. After appearing in Trumpet creeper, he fell in love with DO which somehow ended in a tragedy. That would explain why Haru is the only one who can change the scene on stage as he doesn't belong entirely to the story. Additionally, it would also explain why Haru can remember the "past", scenes from the manhwa "Trumper creeper". Maybe the story is repeating itself, until Haru is able to really fit in the story: he ends up with DO. Maybe the page from the manhwa showing Haru as main character next to DO and BK is the final stage of the story... maybe he started there as an extra as well...  

• Like 14
  • Insightful 3

https://youtu.be/4Wqun122kDs

Danharu's first kiss bts(naver version):wub: omo why they are soo cute...:love:

Has aware juda fallen for dohwa or namjoo i can't understand that part....

Dried squid fairy will finally have a story of his own now i hope he helps to change the writers story (sry jimichae for thinking that u were a villian:sweat_smile:)

Danharu hugging scene was so painful...after being separated for so many days when they saw each other they knew what their fate is leading towards and they were soo helpless:dissapointed_relieved:...

• Like 12
  • Love 1