[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

I haven’t gone through the whole thread, just pages here and there, but is there a support group for those of us who have major SLS or is it Third Lead Syndrome? I’m only shipping Dan Oh with Baek Kyung. I’m on episode 17 and I still can’t ship her with Haru. I just can’t. I need therapy. I really really need therapy. The second lead syndrome is way too strong in this one! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I love how they keep stuffed him with the food. It reminds me of feeding frenzy. LOL

it was feeding frenzy alright. 

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

I'm not crying, you're crying...:bawling::heart:

haru-yaaaa:bawling:...

let's hope we get another kiss this week prayer circle. can't wait to see this baby tomorrow. pls let this baby have a happy ending, haru honestly deserves the world.

i'm so happy to see rowoonie get the recognition he deserves. i'm agonizing over the fact that EY is gonna end soon. i wanna re watch the it again. I can't wait for him to comeback as a lead actor in another drama.

can't get enough of EY, it's a teen fantasy and has everything including a gorgeous and talented cast. one of the best teen dramas to ever exist. period.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@leeminhosny Finger crossed :love:

Spoiler

This is my second time liking a group because of a drama actor (first time was with BtoB Sungjae). I knew about SF9 and that SKY Castle's Chani is in that group but never really cared about them. But because of Rowoon I listened to them and they are really talented. It's surprising that they didn't win with "Easy Love" and "O Sole Mio". Hope Rowoon will find success both with his group and dramas :D

4 hours ago, taskdramafanatic said:

haru is at the hospital to save dan oh it seems. I hope he pulls it off. i've always a wanted him to visit her at the hospital. I'm glad that he is finally able to do that.

he is soooooooo pretty:heart::wub:

Isn't he looking extra hot in doctor's gown? Now I want him in a medical drama next and with glasses :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

u/pontimpengistaylus on Reddit shared a theory that seems really plausible. I asked permission if I could repost it here and they said yes. Read at your own risk!

I think the "stand-in" will be DSF's lover, the transferee student/ new extra. Aside from the fact that it will be easier to use her because she is also a girl like DanOh..

It perfectly fits the plot surrounding BaekKyung and DSF.

Remember, another thing that hasn't happened yet but was shown in the last preview was a Flower scene where DSF and his lover are in a panic mode. In this week's episode, we saw another Flower scene where Baek Kyung threaten DSF about his weakness, which is the fact that he keeps a courtlady close to him. In another episode, now set in DSF's kitchen, we saw DSF blow up after Baek Kyung said that he will change the stage no matter what the costs are. DSF told Baek Kyung that he lost everything because of his desire to change things no matter what the costs are.

The parallelism in Flower stage's Baek Kyung and Secret shadow's Baek Kyung is this:

In Flower, Baek Kyung is losing everything. Baek Kyung believed that he is entitled to the crown and wants to change it. He is afraid to lose it to someone not qualified. He thinks DSF is qualified only due to his royal blood. To add, in the past, we also saw a Flower scene where he desperately tried Haru, the person most loyal to him, to not leave him. The context here is the Palace is choosing who to ally with between the two princes. But he confirmed that Haru is leaving because of DanOh.

In Secret, Baek Kyung feels extremely alone as well as if things keep falling apart. He keeps on repeating that he only has DanOh, who is being taken away from him, coincidentally by someone who is undeserving--an extra.

And this is the reason why DSF kept on telling Baek Kyung to not change anything. His desire to change things because of fear of losing the things he value the most--results in a form of dangerous rage. To act on this desire for the throne, he attempted to harm DSF's lover (more explanation later).

DSF always says things--things keep on repeating. And so in Secret, Baek Kyung's desire to be better than an extra and to prevent losing the thing he values the most (DanOh), he will use a DSF's lover as a stand-in to prevent her death, and unknowingly hurting DSF, and repeating the cycle.

I am theorizing that Baek Kyung was never self-aware in Flower because he saw nothing wrong with his behavior as designed by the writer. Of even if he is aware, he pretty much resembles his character.

DSF and his lover are extras who knew they are in a manhwa and likely did something to change their fate. I think they were able to prevent DSF's lover from being killed, but that storyline got transferred to DanOh. However, I think DSF's lover still died (because he told Baek Kyung that he lost everything). DSF also told Haru "don't make the same mistake", and he was referring to himself.

And because changing the stage doesnt affect the storyline (it just gets transferred to other characters), the killing of DSF's lover got transferred to Haru killing DanOh. Perhaps the changed storyline became like this: To act on his anger about Haru leaving/disloyalty, he ordered the killing of DanOh by Haru, either as a punishment for Haru or as a command for Haru to prove his loyalty.

I keep on going back to the fact that extras' intervention in the stage always affect the non-extra characters. In Secret, when Haru changed the stage, two of the changes relate to Namju: His supposed birthday announcement, and his supposed 1-day anniversary with Juda (the scene with the balloons where JuDa waited but he didnt come).

Lastly,

Remember DanOh and Haru are main characters so it is not likely that they were able to make any changes to the stage during Flower. Haru hurting his hand was because he wanted to stop himself from stabbing DanOh but couldn't. Both of them were helpless. That is why in Secret, Haru always say "this time, I will change your fate". It also perfectly makes sense that he returns in the Secret manhwa being an extra.

I think using DSF's lover as a stand-in in the operation will not change the possibility of DanOh dying. Haru saw that something else has to change to completely change DanOh's fate.

While Baek Kyung's attempt includes sacrificing others to get what he wants: DSF's lover, or perhaps even his brother, Haru does it by sacrificing himself. And this is their difference (which for me explains why the drama has to emphasize Baek Kyung's lonely life and his competition with Haru)

Both Haru and Baek Kyung are alone and only have DanOh. Haru doesn't have a home, family, history, etc. Baek Kyung has fake family. But their approach to keeping the things they love will differ. Baek Kyung will sacrifice others, while Haru will sacrifice himself.

Original: link

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 6

On 11/11/2019 at 6:30 PM, Jillia said:

Oh yes, I remember. :D Can't screenshot it right now either but I know which scene you mean. Now this has me worried... what if really the whole plot is planned out by the writer. Would that be terrible or genius? But in the end maybe I just want to wait and see what happens in the drama and find out what drama and manhwa writer got planned for us.

EDIT:

Oh YES, that signature line from Ha Ru. That he will make his own answers. But was that more of a shadow line? No scratch that it was in the "Trumpet Creeper" manhwa.

What if the set up is that this is in fact all planned out be the writers.  Someone on the thread had previously offered a speculation that there were two writers and the constant changes in the storyboard are caused by them bickering over the plot.  That is certainly a possibility, not sure how likely.  However, if so, would it not be wonderful if in the end they panned out of the manhwa to two students drawing and talking about the story line they are creating.  As they pan out to their faces, it turns out that it is Dan-Oh and Ha-Ru writing out fantasies of their love relationship in manhwas like Trumpet Creeper and Secret? 

• Like 7

I'm sad after watching episode 25-26

Spoiler

at first i'm crying because Dan Oh and Baek Kyung conversation even if this conversation just at stage, but at the shadow Dan Oh still crying.

Dan Oh tried to hide her operation from Haru.

Haru being a protective boyfriend is really sad but funny too, i'm confused, should i laugh or should i cry?

Baek Kyung said the same thing like the original manhwa, about Dan Oh operation (i remember someone posted about this).

Haru hug Dan Oh from behind, and said he is scared that he will lost Dan Oh.

Dan Oh crying and pray to writer to makes her alive.

Do Hwa talk to Haru about Dan Oh operation, and Haru said he will change the story.

Baek Kyung saw the black hole!!!!! the scene that showed to Baek Kyung about Dan Oh dead.

END FOR TODAAAAY EPISODE.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Just now, renjunnie said:

I'm sad after watching episode 25-26

Hide contents

at first i'm crying because Dan Oh and Baek Kyung conversation even if this conversation just at stage, but at the shadow Dan Oh still crying.

Dan Oh tried to hide her operation from Haru.

Haru being a protective boyfriend is really sad but funny too, i'm confused, should i laugh or should i cry?

Baek Kyung said the same thing like the original manhwa, about Dan Oh operation (i remember someone posted about this).

Haru hug Dan Oh from behind, and said he is scared that he will lost Dan Oh.

Dan Oh crying and pray to writer to makes her alive.

Do Hwa talk to Haru about Dan Oh operation, and Haru said he will change the story.

Baek Kyung saw the black hole!!!!! the scene that showed to Baek Kyung about Dan Oh dead.

END FOR TODAAAAY EPISODE.

but we still dont know who killed her?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Ayoko xx said:

but we still dont know who killed her?

Spoiler

It seemed like Haru really killed her though from his expression it was clear he didn't wanted to. In the episode saeguk Haru said something like he will kill her to Dan Oh. That "He" might be Baek Kyung. I am not too sure the streaming was lagging too much. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Isn't he looking extra hot in doctor's gown? Now I want him in a medical drama next and with glasses :lol:

yes, seok woo looks really handsome in glasses. I would love to see him in a medical drama.

Spoiler

original.jpg

3de244fad5e2fddede40fa1e05da03edc258fded

ac69f334c7f9827bc1b0c4198486cf75--kim-ro

DyqPtSZW0AE5eLj.jpg

Dv5XfXaU0AE4AfJ.jpg

and bonus, this so hot 

Do94HQoVAAE0nQE.jpg

and his pretty smile.

tenor.gif

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post off-topic images, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 6

To me if it’s confirmed that

Haru killed Danoh in Trumpet Creeper, this is not news. His character description said so. It’s why he goes through manhwa after manhwa trying to find her and protect her even at the cost of his life. Didn’t you guys read this before? Someone kindly posted all the character descriptions on this thread about two to three weeks ago and it revealed what happened in Trumpet Creeper. The beauty for me is that Haru was so distraught over what he was forced to do that he has ceaselessly been looking for Danoh to protect her even if it meant the loss of his life.

• Like 12