Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty 梦回大清

Recommended Posts

photo qing-3.jpg

Cr avirtulvoyage

Details:

Chinese title: 梦回大清
English title: Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty

Genre: Action, Adventure, Historical, Romance, Drama, Fantasy

Episodes: 40

Director: Lee Kwok Lap

Broadcast Period: 2019

Cast:

Li Lan Di

Wang An Yu

Xin Yun Lai

 

Synopsis:

Ming Wei (Landy Li) is a modern-day girl, living a modern-day life. That is, until the day she gets lost while wandering through the Forbidden City and finds herself suddenly transported through time. Now wandering her way through the Qing Dynasty, Ming Wei finds herself crossing paths with some of the most influential and important figures of the ancient world, including the Emperor Kang Xi (Liu Jun), and his many sons.

With her modern ways and ideas, Ming Wei can’t help but stand out, a fact that makes her all the more intriguing to those around her. Catching the eye of more than one of the Emperor’s sons, including the 13th Prince, Yin Xiang (Wang An Yu), the 4th Prince, Yin Zhen (Ding Qiao), and the 14th Prince, Yin Ti (Xin Yun Lai), Ming Wei soon finds herself befriending some princes and falling for others. 

With a heart torn between what it wants and what it should let go, Ming Wei begins to realize she can’t escape her feelings any more than she can escape the political turmoil brewing within the palace. Caught between worlds, Ming Wei is forced to make decisions that could alter the course of history forever. 

Cr viki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

 

Preview:

 

OSTs:

 

Additional Links:

Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty 梦回大清 Viki Episodes

 

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the first few episodes, and I think it's a cute drama. Love the chemistry between the OTP already! They are rookie stars, but acting is good. This version of Scarlet Heart seems much more chill, and maybe we will get a happy ending?? I know it doesn't follow the same storyline as the 2011 version, but the plot is similar. Hopefully more viewers will join me^^!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good News! This drama is being subbed in english by several streaming sites. They are subbing episodes each week. The liscense for each site is not world wide, so you will need to check to see if it is available in your country. 
Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36869c-dreaming-back-to-the-qing-dynasty
WeTV App Site: https://wetv.vip/play?cid=6p56t86t2yandfz&language=en&vid=f0033kl9swk
KUKAN Drama YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEXBGg5OB0B-szR-wfqZg6Vkk8FI2ofu5
Tencent Video YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5oQUk8naFQExogSyRLD_6In

 

As to the drama storyline: Apparently this is not a remake of Scarlet Heart, but a separate story based on a different novel.  The 2 novels/dramas are similar in that they are both set in the Kangxi period and involve a heroine from the modern day who gets sent back in time and gets involved with the princes. For this drama the Male lead is 13th Prince.  Here is an article about the drama and the source novel: http://www.dramapanda.com/2019/12/dream-back-to-qing-dynasty.html

 

I hope for this drama we get a happy ending.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The novel was written in 2004, before Scarlet Heart, there's another series (with different prince as love interest) that was also popular and well known for transmigration in Kangxi period. It's basically a subgenre at some point. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13th prince was my favorite character from Scarlet Heart so I'm absolutely delighted that there's a story of his very own here. Not sure when I'll have the time watch, but my fingers are totally crossed for a happy ending this time around!!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

13th prince was my favorite character from Scarlet Heart so I'm absolutely delighted that there's a story of his very own here. Not sure when I'll have the time watch, but my fingers are totally crossed for a happy ending this around time!!

Yes, I love 13th prince from Scarlet Heart 2011! This version seems more relaxed and rom-com, so perhaps we might see a happy ending for the OTP.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did they have to make them forget? It was good until they lost their memories of their time together. Her character is starting to annoy me after ep6( I know it’s not her fault because she doesn’t remember who she was looking for) but it’s pulling my heart strings the way she’s treating 13th prince. :bawling: From the MV look, it does seem to have the BBJX ending where she needs to die to come back to the future. Perhaps sacrifice herself (like BBJX) to end the princes fighting for her? I know that’s supposedly different from BBJX but come one, you can’t say it’s entirely different:vicx:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, A1mm3 said:

Why did they have to make them forget? It was good until they lost their memories of their time together. Her character is starting to annoy me after ep6( I know it’s not her fault because she doesn’t remember who she was looking for) but it’s pulling my heart strings the way she’s treating 13th prince. :bawling: From the MV look, it does seem to have the BBJX ending where she needs to die to come back to the future. Perhaps sacrifice herself (like BBJX) to end the princes fighting for her? I know that’s supposedly different from BBJX but come one, you can’t say it’s entirely different:vicx:

 

I was the same as you!! I was *sigh* after they lost their memories :(!!! But, keep going it gets good :). So far, it's not bad. I like the current pace of 13th Prince and her relationship is good, they are friends first^^. I saw the credit ending, so maybe she might died??? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rosierosie I’ve watch up to 14 raw and it seems she’s starting to realize that she like 13 Prince because she was disheartened when he let her be with 4 Prince and was jealous when he was with her older sister. The trailer for the 16th episode she asked him to marry her. I wonder if she remembers or finally accepts that she like him too?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, A1mm3 said:

@rosierosie I’ve watch up to 14 raw and it seems she’s starting to realize that she like 13 Prince because she was disheartened when he let her be with 4 Prince and was jealous when he was with her older sister. The trailer for the 16th episode she asked him to marry her. I wonder if she remembers or finally accepts that she like him too?

I read something that she

Spoiler

might died

again in ep 20?? I hope we will see more sweet moments, as the story progressed. I think by ep 14, she realized her feelings for 13th prince, even though she forgot her memories. Her sister is so jealous and cunning, I don't like her at all!! Also, I think it's interesting how 14th prince likes her too, even though his intention isn't clear.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 11:30 PM, skibbies said:

The novel was written in 2004, before Scarlet Heart, there's another series (with different prince as love interest) that was also popular and well known for transmigration in Kangxi period. It's basically a subgenre at some point. 

 

Thanks for that information. I had no idea that there was a whole sub-genre of Kangxi time travel novels. I guess if this drama does well and gets good ratings, we might see the other novels being adapted too. :lol: One for each prince, right? lol! 

 

I'm not a VIP viewer so I am slowly watching the episodes. They release up to ep. 8 now. Very sorry to hear that we may have a sad ending to this drama. I hope if the FL dies in the past that they will reunite in the present/future time. That would be a happy ending for me. I guess we will have to see what happens. Question: How many total episodes is this drama. Someone posted it was 60 episodes at another forum but I wonder if this is true??  I don't think there is enough story for that many episodes.  Scarlet Heart drama was 35 episodes and that was really long. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

 

Thanks for that information. I had no idea that there was a whole sub-genre of Kangxi time travel novels. I guess if this drama does well and gets good ratings, we might see the other novels being adapted too. :lol: One for each prince, right? lol! 

 

I'm not a VIP viewer so I am slowly watching the episodes. They release up to ep. 8 now. Very sorry to hear that we may have a sad ending to this drama. I hope if the FL dies in the past that they will reunite in the present/future time. That would be a happy ending for me. I guess we will have to see what happens. Question: How many total episodes is this drama. Someone posted it was 60 episodes at another forum but I wonder if this is true??  I don't think there is enough story for that many episodes.  Scarlet Heart drama was 35 episodes and that was really long. 

40 episodes.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here has read the novel? 

What is the ending? :D

I don't like bad ending dramas.. so better to know this in advance so I won't regret watching it..

Such I regretted watching Novoland Eagle Flag :sweatingbullets:

I love Wang Anyu here!! So cute!! :wub: 

He doesn't have a Wikipedia's page yet, does he? :huh:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, T1n4 said:

Anyone here has read the novel? 

What is the ending? :D

I don't like bad ending dramas.. so better to know this in advance so I won't regret watching it..

Such I regretted watching Novoland Eagle Flag :sweatingbullets:

I love Wang Anyu here!! So cute!! :wub: 

He doesn't have a Wikipedia's page yet, does he? :huh:

 

The ending of the novel is 

Spoiler

the female lead dies in the past, and she is back in the present, waking from a heat stroke, where she believes everything that happened was just a dream. However, the drama has already made some major changes from the novel, so who knows how it'll end. :sweatingbullets:

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MidnightRain said:

 

 

The ending of the novel is 

  Hide contents

the female lead dies in the past, and she is back in the present, waking from a heat stroke, where she believes everything that happened was just a dream. However, the drama has already made some major changes from the novel, so who knows how it'll end. :sweatingbullets:

 

 

Comparison of the changes please?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, A1mm3 said:

Comparison of the changes please?!

 

I didn't read the novel nor watch the drama yet, but here are some that I read off of weibo. In the novel, the female lead starts right off with travelling to the past, so there weren't any interactions between her and the 13th prince in the present time. Also, they never lost their memories after watching the shooting star. The 14th prince is more of a side character in the novel while the 4th prince is the main contender for her love against 13th prince. The personality of the 13th prince is more introverted and careful in the novel, due to his mom's lower status as compared to the other princes. 

  • Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhh no, if FL 

Spoiler

died at the end, that would be sad. Just like in BBJX. 

Either way, I hope the ending would be satisfy for our OTP. They are so cute! Looking forward to this week's episodes :)!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...