[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty 梦回大清

sugarplum892

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shared Bts; They are way too cute not to share!

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=2304444456320812908558&url_type=39&object_type=video&pos=1&luicode=10000011&lfid=100808a87a740552ac04129c8ca126fdc594f7_-_feed

WAY: U look really thin on screen!

LD: U are saying in a way that I'm not slim off screen! I'm just 60 pounds

WAY: Yaya (laugh)

LD: That day i begged him to stay with me at filming site. He sed if i beg him, he'll stay. Then I really begged him with all my heart, but in the end, he still left for the basketball match!

WAY: The match was fantastic!

LD: Ooh!

3 hours ago, bluehibiscus said:

006CoBr6gy1gaf2uisqz7j30ku0mt42t.jpg

Where did his hair come from? He was bald! Unless they filmed this before they bald him. If that’s the case, then why the flowers as if it’s their last day? It doesn’t make sense to me. Can anyone else give me a better insight? 

@RealityDream About your comments on episode 21 and 22...

Spoiler

Since Xiao Wei’s soul floated momentarily back to the present, it must be happening because she is unconscious in both the past and the present. She went back to the past as soon as she woke up for the first time from the poison. To me, it does not seem like a dream either, but more like she is really teleporting between times through her consciousness. Similar to how 13th prince did in which the professor said was possible. Also, since it appears there is a “reincarnation” of the Xiao Chun, Ming Hui, crown prince and 9th prince in the present, maybe there is hope for a 13th prince as well? 

It was really sad to see 13th prince grieve in this pair of episodes even after he tried to live on as per Xiao Wei's wishes. It must have been painful when it started snowing in their garden. They were so looking forward to spend their first snow season together as a couple. At least based on the previews and stills, their reunion in the coming episodes should be super sweet!!

By the way, I am so disappointed in 4th prince prolonging their separation for his own selfishness. I am glad she slapped him. I believe 13th prince will eventually confront him about it too. I somewhat looked past it when he previously asked 13th to give up on Xiao Wei because they were not officially together, but they are married now so it is so hard to see him as a honorable man now. Still, I really do not want their brotherhood to be strained so it will be interesting to see how they will mend things if the story sticks to history.

It will also be interesting to see how 14th prince's character will play out as well. I see glimmers that he does care about 13th prince in his own way. (I think...)

Regarding episode 27, I have not seen the trailer yet. To be honest, I was already not a big fan of the fake death plot line so I really did not want it to go the new identity path, but I know if not, there is not really another solution. How can the emperor sentence her to death then suddenly everyone finds out she is alive again. As long as the couple are back together, I guess I should not care. If this is the scene in the MV where it looks like she’s walking down the aisle in the royal court while 13th prince is smiling at her, I’ll certainly take it! ;)

1 hour ago, RealityDream said:

Where did his hair come from? He was bald! Unless they filmed this before they bald him. If that’s the case, then why the flowers as if it’s their last day? It doesn’t make sense to me. Can anyone else give me a better insight? 

https://m.weibo.cn/p/index?containerid=2304444456645875662856&url_type=39&object_type=video&pos=1&luicode=10000011&lfid=231522type%3D61%26q%3D%23网剧梦回%23%26t%3D10&featurecode=100

45 minutes ago, monchoo said:

@monchoo I saw this before. It didn't say much except that its his first time balding his head. I just don't know whether the last scene showing his long air, was it filmed before he bald it? or after? There's just something that doesn't click or make sense to me. If it was filmed before he bald it, then it makes sense, but it didn't make sense why they were given flowers showing it as their last scene? If it was filmed after the Qing Dynasty sections, then it doesn't make sense because of the balding. AHH! @taeunfighting any ideas on this?

3 minutes ago, RealityDream said:

@monchoo I saw this before. It didn't say much except that its his first time balding his head. I just don't know whether the last scene showing his long air, was it filmed before he bald it? or after? There's just something that doesn't click or make sense to me. If it was filmed before he bald it, then it makes sense, but it didn't make sense why they were given flowers showing it as their last scene? If it was filmed after the Qing Dynasty sections, then it doesn't make sense because of the balding. AHH! @taeunfighting any ideas on this?

I thk the last scene is fake hair

1 hour ago, monchoo said:

Just because everyone online was commenting her weight, WAY posted this and mentioned,"She was not heavy at all!" at his weibo!:wub:007JLyu0ly1gag56hh3vjj317t0u0jyj.jpg

Such a gentleman! :wub:

Are they a couple in real life? 

47 minutes ago, T1n4 said:

Such a gentleman! :wub:

Are they a couple in real life? 

Nope!! But they are good friends. Both are too young! But love their chemistry and wud definitely hope to see them work in another drama again!

9 hours ago, monchoo said:

Just because everyone online was commenting her weight, WAY posted this and mentioned,"She was not heavy at all!" at his weibo!:wub:007JLyu0ly1gag56hh3vjj317t0u0jyj.jpg

did she lost weight? I remembered in this video, she said she was 60kg. I think she’s down to 45kg? In this picture, her chubby cheeks are gone. :( She doesn’t even look bulky or fat in the drama. 

10 hours ago, RealityDream said:

@RealityDream Gosh, I have no great ideas to offer, but agree with @monchoo that it is likely fake hair. If so, IMO not exactly the best choice. Haha. I believe it is customary for cast members to receive flowers at the last filming so maybe the pic offers some hope for a satisfying happy ending in the present?

I watched 23 and 24 this morning. The couple are utterly sweet!! They totally got the back and cheek to cheek hug down to a "T". :wub:

2 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@RealityDream Gosh, I have no great ideas to offer, but agree with @monchoo that it is likely fake hair. If so, IMO not exactly the best choice. Haha. I believe it is customary for cast members to receive flowers at the last filming so maybe the pic offers some hope for a satisfying happy ending in the present?

I watched 23 and 24 this morning. The couple are utterly sweet!! They totally got the back and cheek to cheek hug down to a "T". :wub:

OMG me too! The kiss in Ep 21 when he gave her his mother’s ring felt real, like they’re super comfortable or are a real couple! Then Ep 23 & 24, the back and cheek to cheek hug! Except the cheek kiss when he suddenly hugged her from the back, it didn’t feel like a real couple kiss. Lol. It felt he became more affectionate after initially losing her. :/ 

Aye ya, the fake hair. If that is going to be his hair for the ending, I disapprove! It doesn’t look good on him! I’m curious how the ending will be. 

16 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@RealityDream About your comments on episode 21 and 22...

Hide contents

Since Xiao Wei’s soul floated momentarily back to the present, it must be happening because she is unconscious in both the past and the present. She went back to the past as soon as she woke up for the first time from the poison. To me, it does not seem like a dream either, but more like she is really teleporting between times through her consciousness. Similar to how 13th prince did in which the professor said was possible. Also, since it appears there is a “reincarnation” of the Xiao Chun, Ming Hui, crown prince and 9th prince in the present, maybe there is hope for a 13th prince as well? 

It was really sad to see 13th prince grieve in this pair of episodes even after he tried to live on as per Xiao Wei's wishes. It must have been painful when it started snowing in their garden. They were so looking forward to spend their first snow season together as a couple. At least based on the previews and stills, their reunion in the coming episodes should be super sweet!!

By the way, I am so disappointed in 4th prince prolonging their separation for his own selfishness. I am glad she slapped him. I believe 13th prince will eventually confront him about it too. I somewhat looked past it when he previously asked 13th to give up on Xiao Wei because they were not officially together, but they are married now so it is so hard to see him as a honorable man now. Still, I really do not want their brotherhood to be strained so it will be interesting to see how they will mend things if the story sticks to history.

It will also be interesting to see how 14th prince's character will play out as well. I see glimmers that he does care about 13th prince in his own way. (I think...)

Regarding episode 27, I have not seen the trailer yet. To be honest, I was already not a big fan of the fake death plot line so I really did not want it to go the new identity path, but I know if not, there is not really another solution. How can the emperor sentence her to death then suddenly everyone finds out she is alive again. As long as the couple are back together, I guess I should not care. If this is the scene in the MV where it looks like she’s walking down the aisle in the royal court while 13th prince is smiling at her, I’ll certainly take it! ;)

@taeunfighting we have like minds! 

Spoiler

After watching this morning episodes, 23 & 24, I do feel more content. I cried during their reunion. I also really like their dates. LOL when seven leaves lectured them about their mushiness. Ep 21 and 22 were so hard to watch. Seeing 13th like dead while grieving over Xiao Wei and rethinking their shared memories hurts so much! 

Doesn't 14th like xiao wei? I don’t understand why he married Ming hui. In Scarlet Heart, they didn’t make 14th this “evil.” While he is on 8th side, he is like the smartest one. So weird! 

2 hours ago, RealityDream said:

@taeunfighting we have like minds! 

Reveal hidden contents

:) Some thoughts on your thoughts!

Spoiler

Their reunion was the most beautiful thing I have seen in my drama history. I mean, can 13th prince be any more romantic? I absolutely love their story which is why I meant it when I had said that I am not too concerned with what is the ending. I am purely happy that there is no angst and that viewers can just simply enjoy them. I feel like they have spoiled us with so much sweetness and lovely moments – especially in 23 and 24. Mushiness included! Some of their dialogue together just makes me want to blush and squeal at the same time. LOL.

Based on my understanding, Ming Hui basically asked 14th prince to marry her as repayment. She wanted the title as his consort. She also convinced him that united, they can succeed to be a power couple. He did what was best for his situation. Plus, he knows he has absolutely no chance with Xiao Wei. Similar to 4th prince, both respect the women by their side for everything they have done for them, but their hearts belong to Xiao Wei. I want to say that it is possible 14th prince may grow to love Ming Hui. I am sure he was touched when she risked her life to save him and meanwhile, I think he finds her boldness intriguing. However, if she always carries a vendetta against Xiao Wei, he may never fully accept her. His mother warned him about potentially being “burned” by Ming Hui. We will see if she was right in wanting him to re-think his decision to marry her. He thinks he can control her, but he may be underestimating how ruthless she is. I fear that she may pull him down with her in the end.

To me, 14th prince’s character is a wildcard in that he has both good and bad traits. Due to the power struggle, he feels he has no choice, but to cheat/scheme in order to survive in the palace. However, he said that he would draw the line when it came to harming someone. For example, in the earlier episodes, he disapproved of his brother’s actions in killing the maid for the sake of their political security. I agree with you though that if we were to compare his character between here and Scarlet Heart, he seems to be written more on “bad/evil” side here.

I have never actually take notice of the 13th prince in history previously til this drama. All I know is that the 4th prince mourned greatly over his death when he passed away at the early age of 44. Usually the 4th prince is the limelight in movies and dramas.

Just a bit of the real aishin gioro yun Xiang. He was indeed a truly talented prince exactly portrayed in the drama. He actually an artist (much better than the one showed in drama) and a poet meantime a general who can leads the soldiers to war and was the best assistant during the reign of the 4th prince. It was sed that he was very hardworking that his son (fr Yaojia shi; Yu Ning) often find his father bringing back work fr office. 

Of cos he has other consorts but in the olden days princes were often married for political reasons. But with Yu Ning only did he fathered 5 sons and 2 daughters. ;)One of the daughters was adopted by 4th prince as princess during his reign and Yun Xiang’s inheritable title went to Yu Ning’s son.

The 13th prince was loved and assigned great tasks by emperor Kang shi TIL the the 1st prince was scraped off from the successors title. It was not known why the emperor never used him anymore.

It’s true and known that the 4th prince loved this brother much more than his own 14th bloodline brother in history as well and named him the greatest prince of highest rank. And it’s true that he did loved Yu Ning.

^Good history to know. Love the cute scenes and review you guys posted on here :)!!
The BTS scenes are so funny and cute to watch. Lol at the prince actors; it looks like they are playful with each other.

Good to see the casts gets along. No way people complained about her weight, she is so small and thin!!!!

Good for Way to back her up, even though it's not necessary. Definitely would love to see these two OTP starts in another drama. Their chemistry is so sweet!

Archived