[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Dreaming Back to the Qing Dynasty 梦回大清

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, RealityDream said:

https://youtu.be/kwJWldsPK8k

I just saw this clip and noticed Wang An Yu (13th) has what looks like a wedding band on his left ring finger.  I am having hopes for our OTP. Please don’t tell me he’s married. :bawling:

@monchoo

Reveal hidden contents

Where’s the photo? I can’t find it. :(

at weibo. It's a group pics with the cast of their final scen

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, monchoo said:

at weibo. It's a group pics with the cast of their final scen

married in real life??? But, he's so young???

edit: I looked at the youtube link, and it looks like the ring might be a fashion ring??? 

12 hours ago, RealityDream said:

https://youtu.be/kwJWldsPK8k

I just saw this clip and noticed Wang An Yu (13th) has what looks like a wedding band on his left ring finger.  I am having hopes for our OTP. Please don’t tell me he’s married. :bawling:

@monchoo

Hide contents

Where’s the photo? I can’t find it. :(

I don’t think he is married bez Chinese people like to wear rings on that finger. But, if he is then hope his marriage is long lasting. :blush:

11 hours ago, rosierosie said:

married in real life??? But, he's so young???

edit: I looked at the youtube link, and it looks like the ring might be a fashion ring??? 

and @vlvl1: OMG! I hope it’s just a fashion ring. It looks exactly like a black wedding band. Whenever I see it on that finger, I can’t help but this, the guy is married. Lol. :joy:

On 12/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, RealityDream said:

@taeunfighting Your thoughts on the potential endings makes sense! 

Reveal hidden contents

Translation of the title is "Dream back to Qing Dynasty." I guess this means all the events that happened when she was in Qing Dynasty was all a dream. According to the novel, it says she awoke from a heat stroke. There's still some pieces of information that I could not seem to piece together. If her Qing dynasty events were all a dream, then when she met 13th in modern day at the beginning of the drama, was it real? It made sense why they include the quantum teleportation. The professor mentioned its possible that the quantum (13th in this case) will have no memory of his teleportation. It seems so odd that it occurred when Saturn is found to be orbiting closer to the moon. If it were all a dream, is this saying in her past life, she was "Ming Wei" and fell in love with 13th? And because their love is strong, it continues even after her reincarnation? AH! I'm thinking too much about this and their possibilities. 

I can't wait for this week's episode! At least for Ep 21-26, it looks like they will reunite. 40 episodes looks a bit long. At first I thought they'll have her death be somewhere in episode 30, but for her death to appear in ep 20 surprised me. Now, I wonder what else will they show in Ep 27-40. 

According to the professor, 13th prince’s ability teleport to the present through his consciousness (sleep state) was scientifically possible so their interaction in the modern day could be real. On the flip side, it could mean that is what is happening to Xiao Wei too except she went back 300 years as 13th prince had wanted her to. He said it could happen if she was sincere about it, but we know, as you mentioned, it happened to occur when saturn and the moon were orbiting closely. The point of the whole story may just be about her opportunity to reunite with 13th prince once more through a rare phenomenon. Whatever their fate is with each other, as @A1mm3 pointed out, maybe the mysterious elderly lady will appear again later and provide an explanation.

As for the remaining part of the story, my guess is that it will shift its focus to a more serious side of the battle of the throne between the princes. My understanding from history and how it was portrayed in Scarlet Heart, it was quite cutthroat. Even though 13th prince is not interested in the throne, he won’t be able to escape the political scheming especially while being 4th prince’s biggest ally. This means Xiao Wei will continue to get caught up in it too. I believe the situation worsens when 14th prince marries her sister. *sigh* The palace life appears to be glamorous, but in truth, it’s proven to be dark and dreary. The only thing beautiful about is the unwavering love between 13th prince and Xiao Wei. They are truly the apricot blossoms that are worth admiring and adoring in the Forbidden City.

I’m very curious to see how the writer will spin the ending. Will it be similar to Scarlet Heart and leave our hearts heavy once more? It would be nice and refreshing if the beginning could come back full circle and they are able resume their fate in the present. I’m tired of open endings and illusions myself. Haha.

I am on episode 7, can I just say how can the female lead be this stupid!  How is she getting away with roaming all over the palace and talking to the princes’ as if she owns the place.  How is she still alive?  Does it get any better or more logical?

1 hour ago, monchoo said:

https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/006CoBr6gy1gaf2uisqz7j30ku0mt42t.jpg

I think the above group pics didnt do justice to our handsome, so i insert another link

97b7a8bcly1gahsxu72gbj20qo68d1ky.jpg

@monchoo For some reason, I can't view the link you put here. When I click on it, it says assess denied. Is there anyway to make it as an embedded image? 

I don't like Wang An Yu with his long air. He looks cuter and younger bald or with his current haircut, waiting for it to be grown out. I saw 4th prince recent image and it looks like his air grew out already, so does 14th hair. Why is 13th haircut still like a buzz cut, unless he was in another chinese Qing dynasty drama. lol. 

and OMG, I love Li Landi too. People were talking about her weight because in the drama, especially the first few episodes after she returned to Qing dynasty, her face was round, thinking she's chubby, when she isn't. She said throughout the entire drama, she ate only green vegetables and did not lose the weight. She only began losing after she incorporate exercise with diet. I think she looks cute, especially in the episodes where they made her hairstyle in two buns. 

@AnmeiX2 It's not that she's stupid. She feels uncomfortably knowing that her other friend entrusted her with her secret. After that girl got killed, our female lead is the only person that knows about the secret. She just wants to get justice for her, knowing perhaps nothing can be done. She just wants to do something to clear her conscience that she at least tried. Well she is called "Lady in waiting." The palace is so large and she knows the palace really well (from modern time, how she studies there and etc), so she knows where to go and etc. It does get better logically. The mystery unfolds itself slowly. That's the whole point of the drama. It is for her to find out who the guy in her dream is and why she came back to Qing Dynasty, remembering her old love. 

Perhaps the actual Ming Wei that you saw when she traveled back was the real Ming Wei. It could be her former self before she reincarnated in modern time. All of us are waiting for the fate between 13th and Ming Wei too. I find it interesting how the individuals that were shown in modern days at the beginning have similar names to their former self in history. 

3 hours ago, RealityDream said:

This song is also my favorite. It's so soothing. I also like the other two MV's. However, this ones touches my heart the most.

@RealityDream Same. This particular track touches my heart the most too. I love the lyrics. How it implies that the dreams could be memories and the purpose of them was to figure out it was “you”. It perfectly describes the beauty of their story.

Some may have found it annoying when they forgot their memories of the present, but I thought seeing them trace their steps back to each other in the past was quite beautiful to watch, especially it happening before Xiao Wei finally remembered it was 13th prince who she was searching for all along. Another part that I liked was when 13th prince said he had to let her go (supposedly to 4th prince) only to hold her tighter. He confidently did so because he knew that she wouldn't let him down and of course, she didn't. Gah, I really heart these two!

@monchoo Thank you for the stills! :wub: They are so stinking cute together and adorably clever. Haha.

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

@RealityDream Same. This particular track touches my heart the most too. I love the lyrics. How it implies that the dreams could be memories and the purpose of them was to figure out it was “you”. It perfectly describes the beauty of their story.

Some may have found it annoying when they forgot their memories of the present, but I thought seeing them trace their steps back to each other in the past was quite beautiful to watch, especially it happening before Xiao Wei finally remembered it was 13th prince who she was searching for all along. Another part that I liked was when 13th prince said he had to let her go (supposedly to 4th prince) only to hold her tighter. He confidently did so because he knew that she wouldn't let him down and of course, she didn't. Gah, I really heart these two!

@monchoo Thank you for the stills! :wub: They are so stinking cute together and adorably clever. Haha.

@monchoo  I just finished watching EP 21 + 22. I cant wait for the next one tomorrow. Also, may I ask you for a favor? I can't view this link: https://wx3.sinaimg.cn/large/006CoBr6gy1gaf2uisqz7j30ku0mt42t.jpg you posted. Are you able to exact the still/image from it? 

@taeunfighting

Spoiler

In Ep 21, it shows her going back to modern time for a brief time. She was able to witnessed Xiao Qiu meeting crown prince and the evil talks from her manager. It sure felt like a reincarnation thing. It was mentioned from the modern 9th prince, that she seemed to disappear from Earth. They called and send her text messages without responses. So, it isn't a dream then (different from the novel). It seems to be approaching the whole rare phenomenon, where she was able to transport back in time. The drama made it in a way that the past is still happening at the same time of the future, which is so strange. 

Trailer for EP 27 shows the king giving Ming Wei a new name and marry 13th to her. 

I really like how 13th prince show his love for her. He waits for her even though he told her not to let him wait for too long. It was hard for him to let her go, so she can chose who she loves. He does cling all over her or bombard her. He gives her freedom. His look when he was grieving over Wei's death breaks by heart. 

Archived