[Drama 2019] Voice 3, 보이스3

nateko

I haven't watched EP 2 yet. Gonna wait for subs. xD But yay, some comments from netizens below:

W3GZcHE.jpg

[Voice Season 3] Episode 1: 

Original Source (X Sports News via Naver): 'Voice 3' Lee Hana reunites with Lee Jin Wook, who's become a murder suspect

Nationwide ratings for episode 1 that aired on May 11: 3.174% (cr. Nielsen Korea)

1. [+981, -8] The most chilling 'There you are.....' ㄷㄷㄷ so freaking chilling 
↪ [+145, -1] That was also scary but when he photoshopped his family portraits, the faces were messed up and weren't the weird expressions hella scary? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah that was more scary for me 
↪ [+119, -0] It was also chilling that he spoke Korean, that means he was listening to the conversation up until now ㄷㄷ

2. [+582, -8] Forreal it's really fun. I'm a person who really doesn't watch dramas but I kept up with Voice season 1 and 2. I don't have interest in dramas itself so I lived without knowing another season came out and I watched the premiere because it was trending on live search rankings but.. seriously.. it lives up to your expectations seriously.. Ah seriously all I can say is that it's fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's hella scary but it's hella fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It feels like the scale became bigger than season 1 and 2..?
↪ [+45, -1] Season 1 was daebak... The best psychopath of all time Mo Tae Gu ㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

3. [+426, -3] It's totally daebak from episode 1 - "There you are?" 

4. [+416, -5] I can't go to Japan because I'm scared *cry, cry* ㅠ

5. [+282, -3] I thought I was going to faint while watching 

-------------------------------------------------------

1. [+284, -2] I seriously screamed out loud at the end ㅠㅠ "There you are....?"

2. [+163, -1] Team Leader Do Kwang Woo, exactly what happened ㅠㅠㅠ also today's episode was so scary but it was like a movie and ugh my heart, goosebumps 

3. [+105, -2] Wow it's so freaking scary ㅜㅜㅜ my heart almost exploded

4. [+88, -2] Wow f***. It's so freaking fun starting from the first episode

5. [+47, -1] Scary ㅠ As expected, Voice is so freaking fun ♡♡♡♡         

Source

• Like 3

Hi all!! Just finished ep.1 with subs... man, that part when the ryokan's owner head appeared next to the girl's head literally scared the wits out of me! I thought she was already safe when he passed the room. In fact, initially I was thinking why is this girl sitting at the desk instead of finding a place to hide, before realizing she is pretending to be the daughter.

The ryokan's case interest me more instead of artist's case, which I'm sure we'll get back to later on. Hated that the case is using Osaka as the setting because I like Osaka and it's a city I want to visit again and again :P but I'm still okay traveling there. Such a guesthouse will never be my choice to stay because it's so secluded and there is no locks for that kind of wooden frame doors. No thank you. It's such a beautiful ryokan, which I'd love to visit and linger a while, but not to stay overnight for sure. I still believe in locks for my room. One thing I don't understand, why the girl didn't just run out and away from the ryokan....?? It's not like the main door was locked. Well okay, okay, I know it's for the story sake... Just sounding my frustration, lol...

LJW is great in darker genre, not as suitable for light and romantic roles. The way he took hostage of the cop ~ cool...!! I enjoyed the Osaka police officer too... wishing there will still be more of Korean vs. Japanese cops down the road.... but I'm also puzzled about dialing 112 in Japan to be connected to GT center in Korea? Also, Kang took her whole team with her to Osaka? On whose expense? LOL... Never mind me.... I love Kang's faith in DKW, even though I think she retracted it a bit too soon after finding him.

On to ep.2!! I hope they can get to her in time!!

• Like 4

After watching episode 2 with sub, I suspect that DKW really setup a room to record some snuff films to obtain entry into the Auction Favre. The question is whether he cut the real person or just dummy? Did he really killed someone or use some tricks? Hmmmmm :huh:

There were 2 men in the black sedan that watched the Student Hostel bombing. 

This question popped up in my head again as to whether the old man is indeed DKW's father who actually survived? How was the story about him again? He was chased and said to be gunned down right? The question is, did the Japanese police really found his body or did they actually missed him at a cliff somewhere? (well you know how people in dramaland always survive the cliff.. haha). 

Meanwhile, I wonder who the younger man is. I think he is the master of the Auction Favre, the lunatic that probably saved the old man (which I assume for now as DKW father).  Hmmmm.. a psychopath indebted to another psychopath. I cannot fathom another reason they are so obsessed in getting back DKW to them. What other reason is there? I don't think it will be simply because they want to prove that DKW is no different than they are like BJS wanted to prove previously? 

Anyway, that Ryokan murderer...sigh.. I was low key hoping that he is not the owner. 

I hope these 2 episodes will not get backlash from the Japanese ryokan owners.:wacko:

Because of these 2 episodes, I'm gonna be extra-extra-extra careful when choosing place to stay while travelling alone or even with a partner. :wacko:

I just realize they changed the production company to KeyEast  Ent. which Bae Young Joon is the founder and part of the company. They have strong affiliations and vast experience with the Japanese production. No wonder they can produce blockbuster scenes over there as well. 

In just 2 episodes, I fried my brain so much.. almost burn it. LOL! I highly anticipate for the remaining episodes. 16 episodes is still long way to go to. Good luck to us! 

Btw, if DKW still alive and fit to be a police at the end of this season, there is high possibility he will join season 4 if OCN ever to continue the series. He promised it in an interview. :P

@ktcjdrama  good to see you here! Welcome on board!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

@ktcjdrama  good to see you here! Welcome on board!

Hi!! Thanks for the welcome... It's been a while since SKY Castle... What other dramas are you watching now? Can I interest you to watch A Beautiful World? It's about school bullying.

@sushilicious I haven't gotten to ep.2 subs yet. The site I usually use isn't having proper streaming. So I went to watch the finale of Confession first. Will try to get on ep.2 of Voice in a couple of hours...

1 hour ago, ellelyana88 said:

Btw, if DKW still alive and fit to be a police at the end of this season, there is high possibility he will join season 4 if OCN ever to continue the series. He promised it in an interview. :P

I think it's possible since the director (or was it the writer) said in an interview that they have enough material to make more seasons. God's Quiz has what... like 5 seasons, so if Voice 3 gathers good ratings I think they might do it. Though I hope that if KW remains as a police officer he first gets psychological help that he needs. It's long overdue.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ellelyana88 said:

I actually think that he might not die at the end because of the amount of drugs he is injecting himself. I welcome to be proven wrong though...

Doing a little detective work now... The masked killer of the artist is not DKW. The tattoo is of same words, but different direction. Unless it is a production blunder :P But, both of them might belong to or come from same organization...?

This is the masked killer, better font. Written sideways.

T1tjvUd.png

This is DKW. Written downwards.

IgIgQgl.png

Btw, I stopped at about 5 minutes before the end of ep.2 when the sanitarium came up... haha, didn't want to have a restless week waiting for next episode.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I got a hard time logging my account in!!! I’m actually loving the first 2 episodes, the main purpose of the golden time was still there at the same time The DW story begins....

It such a relief that the friend and okasan still alive. Such a great mothers day episode! Let give our mom a big hug!

I will try my best to behave for not rooting team leader DW and director KJ, i will behave.. although they really perfect with each other minus the 2nd personality-psychopath DW...I can’t help it, DW need her and so KJ hahaha peace!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, Aya Hong said:

It such a relief that the friend and okasan still alive. Such a great mothers day episode! Let give our mom a big hug!

Wow, indeed what a coincidence... do you think they actually timed it so?

On 5/11/2019 at 11:49 PM, ellelyana88 said:

I myself often travel alone and I prefer to stay at airbnb rather than hotel..

Please be careful even though checking into an airbnb. Just recently there is a discovery of hidden camera in a Superhost place. Link of the news in spoiler

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
23 minutes ago, Aya Hong said:

Wow, indeed what a coincidence... do you think they actually timed it so?

I think it's a coincidence. Plus the mom's daughter Mari died so to her it's really not the best day at all. Glad that the two girls both survived though.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sushilicious said:

oh wow death metal :joy:

Thanks for posting the OST, I kinda like this version as it fits with the craziness surrounding KW. :joy: I really like how they keep rearranging the same song for each season. The viewers easily recognise this song as the ultimate theme song and yet don't get tired of it because each season it has a different flavour to it. 

EDIT: Holy-moly, episode 2 jumped up to 5% ratings! :love:

OCN posted new BTS pictures from the second episode:

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=9

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=10

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=11

http://program.tving.com/ocn/voice3/8/Board/View?b_seq=13

• Like 5

Got some works to do first. Going to catch up with you guys more about the episodes later. :ph34r:

@ktcjdrama   I did checked Beautiful World out last time when I saw your tag in that drama's thread. But after 30 minutes watching episode 1, I decided to wait until the series ends. I am going to binge-watch it later. I thought to myself I can't have another heavy drama on my watch list because during that time I was following Possessed. :sweatingbullets:  Possessed was already breaking my heart as the episodes progress, I can't have my heart shattered watching Beautiful World. My heart is precious. Haha :lol:

Besides Voice 3, I am currently following Abyss and Her Private Life (and GOT... *cough*:rolleyes:). Since Voice 3 is already a heavy genre, I need some light and fun genre to balance my Kdrama list. Haha:P

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Things to note before watching Voice 3:

1) Watch in daylight

2) No eating

3) No drinking

4) Do not hesitate to look away when scared

I don’t know how many times i cover my eyes while watching voice 3. Too brutal?

Im just hoping DW will be cured. The handshake he gave to KJ at the end is really him. I raised my eyebrow when I thought he will do a handshake with KJ, and glad that he just slap it, because that’s what really he is, that why maybe KJ smiled after.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, sushilicious said:
2 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Things to note before watching Voice 3:

1) Watch in daylight

2) No eating

3) No drinking

4) Do not hesitate to look away when scared

Am i the only one that actually skipped all these, because i love this series for his bloody gruesome material. It's like medicine to me :sweat_smile::joy: OCN is my cure.

Lol, me too. I do the exact opposite of those 4. Love me some gruesome thriller. :joy:

• LOL 2

7 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Do you replay or rewatch the parts you want to watch again after completing it? haha. I did. Ep2...Just because...:naughty:

Yup, I sure do. :relieved: Did this so many times with season 1 and 2 as well. I really like to rewatch the more intense scenes as well as KJ's interactions with everyone. Besides, who doesn't like to look for clues with dramas such as Voice. I always feel that if I watch an episode once I'm missing something. 

BTW, LJW is doing a great job portraying a potential psychopath. I've only seen him in a couple of dramas but never thought that he could be this versatile with his expressions, like yikes :joy:

I also like how KJ is behaving this season. She's not messing around, girl be like "Either we play together or you're on your own". Love her. :kiss_closed:

What do you guys think about KW's room? Did he really kill or torture someone in there? There were these wires that looked just like the one the "artist" killer used right at the beginning on the first episode, but the dude was clearly not KW so... I also wonder where and when did he make that tattoo on his wrist. Did he do it willingly or did someone do it to him while he was unconscious. I'd really appreciate if the writer gave us some explanation about what kind of illness KW has because DID doesn't quite fit, maybe schizophrenia? He has empathy so he can't be a psychopath. 

• Like 6

On 5/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, mrsj3n said:

Is this the 1st time in Voice that we are actually watching the victim being tortured and then hearing their screams before being killed horribly or I have been watching too much fluffy and diabetic drama that I can't take these tortures?

:joy: I think I'm like @mrsj3n above now... It's been a while since I last watched gruesome stuff that I need some time for acclimation.

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:joy: I think I'm like @mrsj3n above now... It's been a while since I last watched gruesome stuff that I need some time for acclimation.

Lol for me the hand cutting of KW's partner in season 2 was more gruesome than the first murder of season 3, but I suspect that I might be desensitized at this point. :joy:

• LOL 2

@Aya Hong  @ktcjdrama it's the screams..

I realised I can't deal with screams in agony / anguished or I can't deal watching the victim seeing the end coming.

It feels like I'm right there and I am totally helpless to it.

My poor heart. :sweatingbullets:

And then my poor lung due to excessive coughing after choking on food/drinks during those scenes.

I'm too jumpy for such richard simmons. Lol.

@sushilicious @nateko take it easy there... ever heard of be careful what you wish for?

Pity my poor heart here. lol

And I have issues with the blood spitting on our favourite "psycho"'s face.

Like ewwwww?

Germs?

Bacteria??

Disease???

I'm sure I would have gone all psychotic as well when someone spit at my face. :lol:

I still standby my belief that DKW is not our real psycho and someone is messing with his mind until he is taking meds to make it even messier!!! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

And I have issues with the blood spitting on our favourite "psycho"'s face.

Like ewwwww?

Germs?

Bacteria??

Disease???

I'm sure I would have gone all psychotic as well when someone spit at my face. :lol:

Oh, lol :joy: now that you mention it, eww. I would kick some a** if someone did that to me too. But incredibly enough LJW is still handsome even with blood splattered all over his face. 

16 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I still standby my belief that DKW is not our real psycho and someone is messing with his mind until he is taking meds to make it even messier!!! 

Amen to that. I too want him to be on the side of the good guys. Really miss the tsundere KW from season 2. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1