[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

6 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

They update *cough* the same day *cough* again. ^^

When gg thru PMY, a lot of fans keep commented with Lion and Rabbit (Labit) icon :joy: when KJW yet to post, all waiting him to post.

• Like 2

Coming back here again after finally...recovered from HPL withdrawal syndrom. Have to admit that none of ongoing dramas can attract me as much as HPL did but I still want to watch another drama so I decided to watch Mr. Sunshine. It was a major shift of genre, HPL is a light drama, full of romance while Mr. Sunshine is a heavy historical drama, less romantic scenes. I keep imagining that KJW is a perfect fit for the character Go Dong Mae, not to mention his Japanese skills as the character is a Japanese samurai.

After watching the drama, I think Mr. Sunshine is a well-written drama throughout all episodes. And once again the writer (Kim Eun Sook writer) never disappoint me with her works. I hope in the future they can collaborate together as she's a good writer with amazing works.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Episode 6 rewatch: After coming back from their countryside jaunt both Ryan and DM can't sleep. They were both at their computers, Ryan looking at SNG's blog and comparing DM's posts with her entry and drawings in her diary and her penmanship and confirmed for himself that DM is SNG. On the other hand, DM loaded the pictures she took of Ryan at her computer and keeps remembering their conversations while looking at the images of Ryan and unable to sleep. Funny how the following day, Ryan invited SA to the gallery and was amused at the fangirling of the staff including DM. Love how they both made up stories of how they met and fell in love that was based on their real meetings which was contradictory to their stories. DM's taking home a drunk Ryan who held onto her hands and DM singing for him to disclose the secret key to his apartment and him tumbling them down to his bed. The following day was the other time that Ryan lost his temper and his cool with DM when she went to his apartment without giving him notice because of a leak and was found by Ryan at the studio room where Ryan also stored his secrets. Ryan lost his cool and said some very hurtful things to DM. Ryan realized that his lashing out was hurtful and may lose the one friend he had ever been close to in the short time he was in SK. He went to look for her and to apologize ending with the thumb kiss. 

Episode 7 rewatch: Ryan ending at DM's parents house being pushed together at her bedroom which is now EG's room and getting to know more of each other by talking about art and more apologies from Ryan. The best of the episode though was the fangirling at Si An's fanmeeting event. DM attended geared in her fangirl attire including her mask and cap and Ryan attending the event which surprised and delighted DM who started taking the sexiest pictures of Ryan that she forgot to take pictures of SA. Ryan also saved Sinagil from being discovered by Cindy. At this time both were already aware of their growing feelings for the other. Again the episode ended with a very provocative and seductive kiss but only in DM's imagination. Little did she know how affected Ryan was too of her accidentally falling on him. 

What was funny though about those cliffhanger no kiss kisses were the pages of discussions, debates and scrutiny of the kisses. The thumb kiss in 6 ending and beginning of ep 7 where the CSI in the drama were able to see that it was a thumb kiss because Ryan saw Cindy stalking and taking pictures of them. How the thread posters who saw the thumb cheered when their predictions were confirmed the following episode where the BTS was scanned unceasingly to confirm whether it was a thumb or not and the kiss in the ending of episode 7 and beginning of ep 8 where the faithful of HPL voiced frustrations that it was the imagination of DM and many BTS viewing and discussion whether the kiss was yet another foil or not and scrutiny of the kiss itself including a discussion of a tongue, even using a magnifier to see the non existent tongue. That was what was also enjoyable about the thread were the enthusiasm of the soompiers to be silly, funny and serious and artful. 

Image result for pictures of her private life kisses

Thumb kiss

Image result for pictures of her private life kisses

Imaginary kiss 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

On 6/27/2019 at 7:20 AM, mushforbrains said:

I'm not sure where to post this anymore... but rewatching the series...I like how they portray the women as an active participant in the relationship... a n perhaps even the stronger of the two...

And to show that women have desire...

Thought it was funny that DM's mom. was trying to lock dm n RG in a room...lol...

No false modesty here

This is discussion about the drama itself, so you can post on this thread. About the actors themselves can be posted on their threads. Please keep writing any new observations or what you like about the series on your rewatch. I come here now and then to read the thread. Only 6 pages to 300. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Haha...Just rewatched episode 6, almost felt “new” since I watch bts ad

nauseum

Some eps are actually new to me because I only managed to start watching from ep 7 or so...and viu had them locked under premium til now.. so was depending on recaps and you guys on this thread...

so it’s quite lovely but you can really see how much they adlibbed some of the more significant moments and you can also take time to appreciate the subplots...

picking up Www now... so will see how it goes but really Hpl was massively addictive and likely the first time I’ve drooled this badly over a male lead...lol

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 6/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, liltash85 said:

Love to see many good reviews about the drama. And it keeps coming even the drama has ended weeks ago. It means the drama is still a talk about. 

Here I list out on why Her Private Life is not your typical Kdrama rom-com and why it should be watch...

I posted this on my Twitter (@MizsNatasha), please feel free to RT and likes for sharing purposes. 

Reasons why Her Private Life is not your typical rom-com drama. 

1) NOT CLICHÉ 
2) There is no hand grabbing of the female lead. 
3) There is no forced kiss
4) There is no rejection or any breakup
5) When Deok Mi fall from the stairs, Ryan didn’t suddenly run and catch her. 
6) It is not love at first sight.
7) it is not ‘You are the most beautiful girl/man in the world and I can only see you’
8) When Deok Mi being slapped by Director Eom, Ryan didn’t suddenly appear and hold Director’s Eom’s hand. 
9) There is no wide eyed reaction from Deok Mi during their first kiss. 
10) There is no ‘assumptions’. Both of them talk things out like an ADULT.
11) There is no arguing in the public. Like Ryan said “We are educted ppl, we should not fight in public” (Spot On!)
12) There is no fist fight between the male leads because of jealousy to get Deok Mi.
13) There is no cat fight to get Ryan. 
14) Ryan & Deok Mi didn’t keep any secrets between them. 
15) Ryan & Deok Mi is professional at work even after they are together. 
16) There is no over zealous PDA. In public they only give pecks not kissing sloppily. 
17) Their bed scene is most decent but you can feel the love even when they just say good morning to each other. 
18) There is no mommy issues. 
19) It is not a Cinderella story (aka chaebol-low income working class relationship). 
20) There is no bluffing/lie in the relationship. 
21) It is not toxic
22) It teach us what is the REAL MEANING of MATURE relationship (which more often ppl misinterpreted).
23) It also show us that you should be supportive partner and never look down on your partner’s hobby/favourites. 
24) It teach us how to make something that is often looks as negative, looks positive (like how Ryan find Deok Mi’s fangirling fun and not something shameful). 
25) It teach us not to be judgemental
26) Deok Mi teaches us how to always be positive (she always see things as happiness and love). 
27) It teaches us when and how to say SORRY
28) It teaches us to when and how to say THANK YOU. 
29) There’s no accident happened to the leads to make the other person realize how important the person is. 
30) There’s no inheritance issue or people trying to steal your wealth. 
31) There’s no backstabbing from your trusted friend. 
32) It showed us sometimes we need to give space to our partner to sort their problems.
33) It showed us how not to be clingy bf/gf 
34) When Ryan kiss Deok Mi, he start off light first (kinda asking for permission). He will stop a while before continue to a deeper kiss. 
35) Zero Noble Idiocacy 
36) They don’t settle problem with making out. 
37) The healthiest relationship in Kdrama. 

And if you have EXTRA POINTS that I might missed out, just add it. :blush:

Here are a few more:

No temporary amnesia

No parents disapproving of romantic partners

Second leads move on with their lives

No sudden U-turn or rushing to the female lead’s home in the middle of the night in a jealous fit (waits for a decent hour - 7am, lol)

Main leads decide to travel to another country TOGETHER (no long distance relationship)

Main leads get engaged and take their time, going at their own pace, instead of jumping to the wedding right away for the ending

Male lead quits his job as director and female lead finally gets his job that she wanted and deserved

Fathers who abandon their sons and don’t look for them deserve zero effort and zero curiosity from their sons (main lead and second lead)

• Like 8

3 hours ago, fauna said:

Here are a few more:

No temporary amnesia

No parents disapproving of romantic partners

No sudden U-turn or rushing to the female lead’s home in the middle of the night in a jealous fit (waits for a decent hour - 7am, lol)

Main leads decide to travel to another country TOGETHER (no long distance relationship)

Main leads get engaged and take their time, going at their own pace, instead of jumping to the wedding right away for the ending

Male lead quits his job as director and female lead finally gets his job that she wanted and deserved

Fathers who abandon their sons and don’t look for them deserve zero effort and zero curiosity from their sons (main lead and second lead)

No piggy back rides!

No putting ointment on each other's cuts/scratches while starting intently into each other's eyes!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

12 hours ago, niharika111 said:

No piggy back rides!

yes... no drunk piggy back rides. Instead we see DM taking the drunk Ryan home in a taxi ride and Ryan holding on to DM's hands for dear life. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, niharika111 said:

No putting ointment on each other's cuts/scratches while starting intently into each other's eyes!

Yes! I much prefer the removing of paint from his hand with the sexy blindfold on.

Some other cute little moments I liked:

RG trying to form the same smiling expression on his face as the lion in DM’s drawing.

DM appearing online as a saintly figure with cartoon birds flying around, like a Disney princess.

Both of them playing around happily with the cotton candy.

Gentle hand-holding while kissing.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

On 6/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, niharika111 said:

I think this is one of the best reasons why HPL is not the typical rom/com drama. The drama included social issues, acceptance of others' life choices and life preferences in a very classy way through Ryan, Deok Mi and the mothers. Ryan including the writer's collection of the writer"s best friend's photographs in the art exhibition and giving chances to artists from all cultures to participate. The  2nd leads causing misunderstandings because of jealousies was used as a plot device to give growth to the 2nd leads and enhance their relationships with their love interests. Da In and Eun GI accepting the choices of their best friends/love interests and become better friends as they move on with their lives, Cindy/Yoo Jin giving up on competing with SNG and using that fangirling energy creatively in her given assignment at work, Director EOM accepting and understanding her daughter's life choices and acknowledging her talents. The single mothers coped with the choices they made even as they emotionally struggled with their choices . These were all social issues that the story telling presented which the characters dealt with maturely through their hardships because they talked about it. In short as @faunastated 

On 6/30/2019 at 1:35 PM, fauna said:

Zero Noble Idioc

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I have  a serious problem after Her Private Life....

I CANT WATCH ANOTHER ROM COM. 

I keep finding Ryan Gold and comparing the male leads to him...

SO I guess I need to stay away from rom com for a while and focus on watching serious dramas

• Like 7
  • LOL 3