[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

Agreed...Thought the writers story was handled really well...there were so many of those moments in this that u wondered if this was a k drama( lol...too many moments) and I wondered if KJW was handpicked for this given his past roles...still blown away by his portrayal of the patissier in antique 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Agreed...Thought the writers story was handled really well...there were so many of those moments in this that u wondered if this was a k drama( lol...too many moments) and I wondered if KJW was handpicked for this given his past roles...still blown away by his portrayal of the patissier in antique 

Yeah, I wonder if that moment in episode 1 when Ryan chastises himself for thinking so heteronormatively was one of the things that drew KJW to choose Ryan Gold over other roles that were available to him, since he seemed to feel quite strongly about discrimination against sexual minorities based on his past interviews, and you don't see a male lead do that in a drama. I mean for the first few episodes Ryan seemed like a typical male lead jerk, and I'm sure there were a lot of rom com scripts featuring a jerk male lead that he could have chosen, except for that part. I wonder if it will ever come up in any of his interviews.  :)

• Like 6

Ok....really really envious....he’s so relaxed and sweet with the selfies......if he gets any more popular it won’t be so easy anymore....the Parisiennes really lucked out as he is on the cusp...ie not Super famous...so he doesn’t hide so much when he walks around and no bodyguards.....

but it’ll be good for him to know that his portrayal of RG impacted on different people in so many ways.

Wonder if we will see him again in another romcom....

• Like 5

Kim Jae Uck is so humble and down to earth. I feel when he sees his fans it sort of reminds him of SiAn's fans in HPL. He could be able to relate to it very well and somehow after acting in HLP he somehow knows what it is like being a fan. That could be why he is so obliging .Should it get out of hand, am sure he will turn into a Lion in a sexy way. He does not need body guards, i have full confidence that Kim Jae Uck knows how to control his fans and make us love him even more.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I read in one of the interview (cannot remember where I read), that in Korea Kim Jae Wook is known like for having 2-side of characters. By 2 sides it means that ig you look at him on tv, you will think he is cold but contrary to his looks, he is very warm towards his fans. He will always smile and entertain his fans if they ask for his selca or his signature. 

After seeing how those Paris fans got lucky, so it proofs his warmness and kind attitude towards the fans.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, niharika111 said:

Off topic...but I would like to really recommend this miniseries on HBO called "Chernobyl".  It's about the catastrophic accident in the nuclear plant at Chernobyl in 1986.  It's a completely different genre but it's the only show that has been able to capture my attention since HPL ended.  If you guys have access to HBO, you can check it out and see if its up to your liking. :)

5 star vote from me too. I watched the series 2 weeks ago and it took 5 hours to finish.  I was completely captured by the problematic and the way it was made. Depending on what genre you prefer, if you love movies on history/catastrophe/real events... it's a must-watch.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jaemin kimpark said:

Labit Couple Coincidence IG updates During HPL

17th and 29th March 2019

4th and 22th April 2019

10th, 19th, and 22th May 2019

After HPL

1th, 8th, 18th, 23th and 25th June 2019... to be cont... :wub:

Another same day update today. Very funny, one at Europe Paris (in Chinese is pronounced as BaLi) another one is in South East Asia Bali (in Chinese is pronounced as BaLi Dao, which Dao means island) :joy:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Erm, sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but shouldn't this stuff about what posting on IG on the same day means etc. belong to the shipper thread? :sweatingbullets:

LOL..i will delete my post...mianhayeoooooooo

I'm not sure where to post this anymore... but rewatching the series...I like how they portray the women as an active participant in the relationship... a n perhaps even the stronger of the two...

And to show that women have desire...

Thought it was funny that DM's mom. was trying to lock dm n RG in a room...lol...

No false modesty here

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

I'm not sure where to post this anymore... but rewatching the series...I like how they portray the women as an active participant in the relationship... a n perhaps even the stronger of the two...

And to show that women have desire...

Thought it was funny that DM's mom. was trying to lock dm n RG in a room...lol...

No false modesty here

Totally agree. And the dad is kind, sensitive, shy, and introverted. He insists on respecting his daughter’s privacy, and collects rocks because they remind him of the warmth of his little son’s hand, never to be felt by him again.

• Like 4