[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

37 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

@liltash85

Try www...if only to watch scarlett trying to kill someone:lol:...

But yes... having more fun rewatching hpl

with all the buzz of the drama I tried but still the drama not so appealing to me. Still hasn't finish episode 1. 

I keep coming back to HPL....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hi..delurking after a long time. Tried watching other ongoing rom coms but dropped all..too cringy for me and I keep comparing the OTPs to Ryan Gold and Sung Deok Mi. I braved myself to finish watching The Guest last week and KJW amazes me again and again with his acting..Now, I only watch Partners in Justice 2 and of course rewatching HPL:)

• Like 4

On 7/1/2019 at 4:49 AM, niharika111 said:

No piggy back rides!

No putting ointment on each other's cuts/scratches while starting intently into each other's eyes!

My addition to the list!

- The male lead is a lesbian and gay ally (proactively supported a lesbian couple's relationship as well as their right to privacy, and was unreservedly supportive and accepting of a gay relationship)

- sensitive and positive treatment of a gay love story/relationship (instead of being used just for laughs)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ondine said:

My addition to the list!

- The male lead is a lesbian and gay ally (proactively supported a lesbian couple's relationship as well as their right to privacy, and was unreservedly supportive and accepting of a gay relationship)

- sensitive and positive treatment of a gay love story/relationship (instead of being used just for laughs)

One more:

ML and FL did not bond over a bowl of instant ramen (its there in almost every k-drama I've seen till date)!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ondine said:

My addition to the list!

RG is really amazing. He stayed supportive even after finding out her partner was married to a man and had a small child. He just assumed she was closeted and was nonjudgmental about it. Even when he assumed DM was the one who had less power in the relationship because her partner was rich, he told himself it was none of his business. He even thought of a safe way to beat up EG for threatening to out her. No fistfighting, bloody noses, black eyes, and they fought in a safe, padded environment. So civilized!

The LGBTQ relationship was so touching and brought tears to my eyes. Love is love.  It really showed the writer’s intentions. Mistaken sexual preference is used so often for comic relief, but this really showed that the writer was serious about this. An actor who was known to be pro LGBTQ was even cast to play RG. I hope this first-time drama screenwriter gets many more opportunities to do this again in the future.

I’m a little sad that RG had to be a foreigner and a free-thinking artist to make this more believable to SK audiences, but hopefully things will change for the better as more stories like this are told.

• Like 9

Yup...when they broached the lgbt issue ....I was pleasantly surprised that it would happen in a k drama and that set the tone for the rest of the drama...but still in awe over the handling of writer Nho’s story and interweaving it with RG falling in love with her at that point...it was a true meeting of souls...her with the sensitivity to interpret the meanings behind photos and innate understanding and acceptance of what the photo represents and him seeing her sweet soul behind it...

i still catch my breath when I see them in that scene and the bathroom scene...it had a lovely cinematic quality to it...

hence inability to move onto more conventional k drama storylines...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

Yup...when they broached the lgbt issue ....I was pleasantly surprised that it would happen in a k drama and that set the tone for the rest of the drama...but still in awe over the handling of writer Nho’s story and interweaving it with RG falling in love with her at that point...it was a true meeting of souls...her with the sensitivity to interpret the meanings behind photos and innate understanding and acceptance of what the photo represents and him seeing her sweet soul behind it...

i still catch my breath when I see them in that scene and the bathroom scene...it had a lovely cinematic quality to it...

hence inability to move onto more conventional k drama storylines...

yup the entagling scarf scene is really a scene that will make you hold your breathe. There is no other sound, only the sound of water and the tension both the actors create really gives the same vibe to the ones watching. A very nice scene carried out. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Ma. Corazon Garcia said:

wahhhh, I love that too, and when she accidentally touched his hands while entangling it, oh my, and KJW's gulp after she said "thanks for taking if off" hahaha, as if he's summoning all his control to stop himself from grabbing the rabbit and.. you know...

Aummmm... hahaha 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Another positive review from Dramabeans (LollyPip).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/06/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-162/

Spoiler

I just finally finished the last few episodes, after some life stuff smacked me in the face and put me off of drama-watching for about a month. I’m so glad I did though, because with everything that got thrown into the last two weeks’ worth of episodes, I think it felt a lot less jarring to be able to marathon it all at once. Unlike some complains I’ve seen around the internet, I liked how the childhood connection between Ryan and Deok-mi dovetailed into their adult lives. Rather than give the feeling that they met as kids so they were Meant To Be, the show presented it as a true coincidence that they met again and happened to have this past. I loved that everyone talked about the issue like grown-richard simmons adults, and how it brought them all closure and healing and brought their families together in a way that made them all stronger. Deok-mi and Ryan were adorable to the end, and their honest and supportive relationship will be one that stays with me for a very long time.

I didn’t like the childhood connection trope, but at least they didn’t have them fall in love as kids or say they would marry each other when they grew up. I did like that DM didn’t let go of her brother’s hand, even as he was dying. He felt her love until the end. Then RG, the boy who didn’t want to let go, met the girl who would never let go. Beautiful.

• Like 5

Image result for images of her private life drama cast

Ahhhhh, a very cute BTS, two beautiful people, Gun Woo is too cute 

supposed to be a pretend date, but they already looked like they belonged together but did not know it yet and sharing the cotton candy was just the start 

goading the Lion for picture taking with the lions... she has always been genuinely bubbly 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 7/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, liltash85 said:

I have  a serious problem after Her Private Life....

I CANT WATCH ANOTHER ROM COM. 

I keep finding Ryan Gold and comparing the male leads to him...

SO I guess I need to stay away from rom com for a while and focus on watching serious dramas

Same here.  After HPL, i just can't be excited watching other kdrama from any other genre.  Still browsing on what might be good and not finding any that appeals to me yet.  DM-RG pairing has ruined me :blink:.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 7/4/2019 at 4:07 AM, fauna said:

It looks like commercials for HPL are starting to air in Japan. I hope both KJW and PMY promote it together.

Kim Jae-wook might, as he has a pretty strong fanbase in Japan. Not sure about Park Min-young, but it would be nice if she did as well.

Just curious. The OST only has 20 tracks? I thought I saw online that there were a lot more instrumentals.

• Like 2

I think my problem is bigger than yours girls. Not just can’t watch another kdrama, but also this pairing has ruin my daily activities. I am a woman, wife, and mom with a lot tasks to do. The fact I created an account to join this forum is already wrong at the first place (imo lol), but hey I also found myself lurking around on internet just to watch and looking something for this craving heart, in short: I am now being an absolute fangirl :blink:

Nobody can help but time, enjoy~ :w00t:

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hey jaeuckismylife , I thought I'm just going crazy, but look at this, we're exactly the same. I'm a working mother of two with a perfect husband (according to me) but after watching HPL I suddenly became crazy and created an instagram account to stalk KJW and PMY and joined every HPL FB pages (and liked every post there)  plus created account here and read every updates... I think I'm going crazy...and to think I'm no longer in my twenties. :bawling:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

@JaeWook'sFangirl  yes yes yes I can relate. 

Spoiler

Don’t you say that you also thinking of KJW while making love with ur husband. Because I did so, eventho my husband is also a tall good looking asian man which my friend almost think he’s Japanese :sweatingbullets:

So, do we clear with the pd’s cut dvd issue? Is it true that both of the KJWxPMY agencies denied to make it? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3