Quantcast
Jump to content
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

he wished he had a daughter so independent and capable like MR.. haha :tounge_xd: the women in his life (not sure about TJ’s mom) are all after his wealth.. no dragons, just worms.

Is that why he ordered her to marry his son so she can be his daughter in law? He wants to have a dragon as his daughter....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TJ is like a child who wants a toy, seeking help from everyone to get it. He doesn't care much about what the people say, about the gossip in the company where both of them are working. TJ is rushing things without considering MR`s position and and all the hard work she has done for years to get in the place she is right now. He is cute and cheerful, he is the kind of guy MR needs in her life, because all she had was study and hard work. TJ indeed brings a colour to her life, but he needs to grow up fast because he doesn't know how things work in the company and his adolescent behaviour could bring her much harm.

The other childish ones are MH, JB and even Peter…  It was so hilarious how Peter`s micromanagement fell apart when MH didn`t come to work.  After  he learned that MH likes Mr. Darcy type of guys,  he decided that he will help  JB to become like that. Only that JB occasionally is more like cousin Collins from the same book. JB doesn`t care a bit about how MH feels or what she wants, he is determined to follow her around like he did before.  He just doesn't want to leave his comfort zone, he is more happy doing this, even if he knows that he is going nowhere with it. JB wants that one apple from the tree without caring that other appeals might be more sweet or tasteful, he just wants the one he can`t reach.

In the meantime MH,  now conscious of her feelings toward  WJ, starts to act exactly like JB. She is just a spoiled kid who likes someone for the first time in her life.

WJ, her knight in shiny armour, needs a shield, and who else would that be? His ex-wife. Now he has to protect himself from MH, whom he considered a kid, and let her come to close to him.  WJ in a way is like MR, both with issues from the childhood, both workaholics , they need some “craziness” in their life to get out of the shell, and even have a life outside work.

We see why MH said that JB was more like family than friend to her, when JB came to console her, it was a warm family atmosphere.

The king of childish is JS with his obsessive compulsive behaviour. Now, is not that he keeps in his possession expensive toys,  but buys new ones as well, and plays with them like a little boy. He just needs an addiction treatment, a cold shower ( if MS leaves him) to wake up…  MS was pretty childish as well in the beginning, but somehow she managed to be more responsible lately. A few episodes back when MS and JS were fighting in the park about the bicycle, and she threw her shoe was… too much….

I don`t know what MR will do about  that dictator Chairman`s order to marry TJ, but she must be very careful, because IS will want to drag them all in her swamp of lies.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Is that why he ordered her to marry his son so she can be his daughter in law? He wants to have a dragon as his daughter....

its just another aspect of gathering and strengthening capable talents under his belt for hansung group.. its all for business and wealth i believe. its either chairman han finds another conglomerate daughter to marry with TJ to strengthen wealth or like what wang wei advises, to have MR marry TJ and help the business with her capability.. family ties are easier to manipulate than business partners :grimace:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, denise_b said:

I don`t know what MR will do about  that dictator Chairman`s order to marry TJ, but she must be very careful, because IS will want to drag them all in her swamp of lies.

 

I hope she will tell the truth. Now, it is the best oportunity. If I was the writer, I would have kept the scene of Mi Ri`s answer hidden and reveal it a little later that Mi Ri told the Chairman the truth.  Or at least she should tell the truth to Tae Joo like she intended to do. Both Mi Ri and Sun ja are hesitating because of In Sook`s pleas but both should not listen to her at all.

 

2 hours ago, denise_b said:

TJ indeed brings a colour to her life, but he needs to grow up fast because he doesn't know how things work in the company and his adolescent behaviour could bring her much harm.

 I agree. But I was thinking that people at work will find the news of their marriage anyway. At least some will know that he was interested in her from the time he was a newbie. Not that this count very much. Either way, people would have talked, there would have been gossips anyway. 

It is good that he decided to wait in the end. I would not like to see many scene with Tae Joo persuing Mi Ri at work.

 

2 hours ago, denise_b said:

WJ in a way is like MR, both with issues from the childhood, both workaholics , they need some “craziness” in their life to get out of the shell, and even have a life outside work.

I was thinking the same way. Both have a romantic interest someone who is cherful, like a medicine the doctor wordered. :D Woo jin has a stronger dose in Mi Hye. :w00t:

 

I can`t wait to see Sun ja and Han Jong Soo`s meeting. I know that she will be a little overwhelmed but I am sure she will give a good reply to the chairman. I have a feeling that Tae Joo`s father find honest people like Sun Ja refreshing.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

its just another aspect of gathering and strengthening capable talents under his belt for hansung group.. its all for business and wealth i believe. its either chairman han finds another conglomerate daughter to marry with TJ to strengthen wealth or like what wang wei advises, to have MR marry TJ and help the business with her capability.. family ties are easier to manipulate than business partners :grimace:

I don't trust him. Maybe he has something up his sleeve. The way he laughed when MR left the room just made my skin crawl. 

We have 48 more episodes,MR and TJ have broken off only once. It's too easy.

 

I don't see why MR's career is going to be hurt by people knowing about her relationship with TJ. She has proven herself in the 10 years. They are both single. Neither is slacking on the job. At my place of work, it would be like a gossip of the month thing, then we go back to work. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTS

 

 

****

 

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I don't trust him. Maybe he has something up his sleeve. The way he laughed when MR left the room just made my skin crawl. 

As much I as dislike Chairman Han, I think this time his laugh was sincere. He liked what Mi ri said to him. He was testing her.

 

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, larus said:
9 hours ago, denise_b said:

TJ indeed brings a colour to her life, but he needs to grow up fast because he doesn't know how things work in the company and his adolescent behaviour could bring her much harm.

 I agree. But I was thinking that people at work will find the news of their marriage anyway. At least some will know that he was interested in her from the time he was a newbie. Not that this count very much. Either way, people would have talked, there would have been gossips anyway. 

It is good that he decided to wait in the end. I would not like to see many scene with Tae Joo persuing Mi Ri at work.

The problem is how people will see dating relationship at work, just like the chairman sees MR, "did you want to use marriage to get you up the ladder of food chain" and that angered MR and made her uncomfortable. If they were of the same social level and he was not the heir to the company ownership then maybe there will be acceptance and less gossip. That maybe the reason why TJ is telling Park the gossip monger that he had dated MR when he was an unknown newbie and MR did not know his identity to soften the "gold digger/social climber" gossip and make everyone believe that he is the chaser and not the other way around. However, he also needs to consider MR's feelings. Also, MR only recently has confirmed that she feels the same way as he does but has not really fully given consent to having a relationship. Now the chairman has ordered her to marry his son even when he was berating her and calling her an opportunistic woman in an earlier meeting. MR is a proud woman especially when it comes to her career and TJ needs to respect that. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It seems like the plot is a bit thin for a 50 eps drama so there has been a lot of drags but not much real developments. Unlike drama like father is strange, i dont see much chemistry or stories with other couples a part from MR and TJ. 

* I missed the relaxed Miri when when she was with TJ. In the last few eps it has been nothing but pain and discomforts. The way she said she loves him was kinda a letdown for me. It was not convincing or expressive of her feeling. I actually hoped that he had kept his distance and be the "emotionless boss" for a bit longer  rather back to being the crazily- in -love newbie self. Would have been happy if a third person was introduced to induce some more jealousy and sparks into the love of MJ and TJ. It feels like there was sparks between TJ and MR but was not enough to kindle love !!

Anyway, TJ has been a bit pushy but as long as he backs off a bit now he knows her feeling then I am okay.

What important now is MR tell TJ the truth, she doesnt need to seek IS's endorsement to do so. Otherwise she will hurt TJ's feeling later on. 

* IS: she is manipulative and i dont know if she actually cares about TJ either since she doesnt seem to think of his feelings or happiness. I am not sure of her endgame and I would have like it better if MR did not give in so much already. I thought she was so mad and burnt all articles and IS pics ....IS is just trying to control her not being a real mum at all.

* MS: like she said...why would she be married at all... with a selfish husband like that. I see no love for his wife and kid from him. His love and respect for his parents is also questionable. Judging by their behaviours I can see why JS is the way he is though!!

* MH, JB and WJ: tiring and boring threesome. JB pls moves on. Cant stand MH and her crying or over acting. She said she helping SJ out with the restaurant and looking after TB but I have trouble seeing it. She is pretty useless. WJ, he is boring, sends mixed messages and then plays hard to get. I see no personal development plans being scoped for the 3 of them. Peter is an extra that bring further boredom to the MH,JB and WJ mixture. 

 

 

 

Edited by KikiTata
it would be lovely to see some real kisses and feel more passion. KSY was fine with JS, had better chemistry and lots passionate kisses despite similar age gap with HJH. Yes I am not asking for the same level of intimacy given the type of drama etc.
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion , in retrospect , the writer has prepared well for the role development especially for TJ and MR relationship so far. Why? Let me elaborate. 

Every relationship when meet obstacles comes with 3 stages: conflict, confront and reconcile, it allows us to grow and improve ourselves, even after break-off, we need to reflect what went wrong in our past relationships because we are not perfect, we are in different traits, different opinions that come from different family background.  


TJ weakness: stubborn since young days, he goes his own way, never listen to his dad since young, he dropped out his studies in US and came back to Korea to learn from scrap. He is naive and needs to learn to be more considerate when comes to his love one. Sometimes stubborn character can also turn to his advantage.

MR weakness -  keep secret deep inside, not an open person due to her past abandonment issue. Cold outside but warmth inside, vulnerable trait. She needs time to heal. TJ is her first love. 

Let me analyse what writer had planned well for them :

1. TJ upset with MR for not replying his calls and sms earlier and he confronted her at the apartment corridor, she apologized to him by learning the dog's barking sounds. Writer had handled in a cute way for this couple :D (Did MR change after that, yes she realized her mistake and open up sharing with him slowly at the picnic and thereafter few incidents, except the birth secret because of IS)

2. When TJ pursue MR with his own way that making her uncomfortable at office, she trashed out her anger outside her mum restaurant, until then TJ realized that he had to be patience and wait for MR slowly instead of pushing her to the corner. (Did TJ learn, yes he did and told her that he would wait for her patiently).

The writer has prepared this couple to learn and improve from each other for this relationship .(Not to mention, there are other influencing factors may cause changes along the way).

Due to the limited airtime for them as mentioned in my earlier post, we can't have full vivid plot line to develop for the couple, unfortunately :( because there are too many subdivision lines need to develop by the writer. 

I hope the writer can give this couple develop in a healthy way, a sweet way,  as time goes by although there are many challenges ahead of them. Hope that the writer don't disappoint us with a rush happy ending on last ep....

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zenya22 said:

The problem is how people will see dating relationship at work, just like the chairman sees MR, "did you want to use marriage to get you up the ladder of food chain" and that angered MR and made her uncomfortable. If they were of the same social level and he was not the heir to the company ownership then maybe there will be acceptance and less gossip.

Yes, I understand the issue. I know that Mi Ri can be seen as a woman who wants to get up socially with a good marriage, but I wanted to say that the same problem will be if they would have kept the relationship hidden and they announce the marriage later.

No wi-win situation for Mi Ri. But at least she has a good reputation to be a capable woman and a profesionist.

 

4 hours ago, KikiTata said:

I actually hoped that he had kept his distance and be the "emotionless boss" for a bit longer  rather back to being the crazily- in -love newbie self. Would have been happy if a third person was introduced to induce some more jealousy and sparks into the love of MJ and TJ.

I thought that the writer will let them be apart a little and let Mi Ri to approach him for reconciliation but I am alright with this development. My only wish is that the writer will give them, as a couple, dating scenes, at least a kiss scene, before we see the marriage. Let us see them as a normal couple, in love. Mi Ri kept her feelings inside for long, she started to open up, she has withdrawn in her shell again and now she confessed her feelings. I want to see her comfortable in the relationship before I see the marriage.

 

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

I hope the writer can give this couple develop in a healthy way, a sweet way,  as time goes by although there are many challenges ahead of them. Hope that the writer don't disappoint us with a rush happy ending on last ep....

 

Oh, yeah... I don`t know what the writer has in mind for them. Maybe they will marry on screen and they will have to face other problems together. If the new character is arriving with her own interests, we`ll see Tae Joo`s step mother more. She will bring new tension on Han family.

I wish the writer will give Mi Ri and Tae Joo time to breath and for us to enjoy their couple moments a little more.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTS

Soyeon enjoying the coffee sent by her fans

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, larus said:

Yes, I understand the issue. I know that Mi Ri can be seen as a woman who wants to get up socially with a good marriage, but I wanted to say that the same problem will be if they would have kept the relationship hidden and they announce the marriage later.

No wi-win situation for Mi Ri. But at least she had a good reputation to be a capable woman and a profesionist.

It is mostly about how Mi Ri feels about it too though. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KikiTata said:

It seems like the plot is a bit thin for a 50 eps drama so there has been a lot of drags but not much real developments. 

  

I think also that they go “around the bush” and the story doesn`t advance too much. Maybe they will add some more episodes to prolong the show. It is a custom (all around the world) when we talk about a successful show, and the ratings are high. They usually want to make the most of it. We will see… :hushed:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From filming

Kang Sung Yeon was spotted at Incheon International Airport Terminal , filming

 

 

I guess Chairman Han`s wife  is coming to South Korea. No more money, no fun.  :lol:

 

  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, larus said:

Child actor Lee Ro Un/ Lee Ro Woon will appear in drama Mother of Mine starting with episode 28 (55-56). He will play the role of Han Tae Ho, Tae Joo`s younger brother.

I love this kid since I saw him in Lawless Lawyer playing the child Bong Sang PIl and he also appeared in some other dramas but he was so cute and good actor too cuz he made my cry on LL. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

It looks like a rehearsal . I saw PD with two child actors,  Soyeon, Yoo Sun, Kim Hae sook, Lee Won Jae (who plays Jin Soo).

 

*****

32 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

I love this kid since I saw him in Lawless Lawyer playing the child Bong Sang PIl and he also appeared in some other dramas but he was so cute and good actor too cuz he made my cry on LL. 

 

There are a lot of talented child actors in kdramas. I am glad he is one of them.

 

3 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Let MR and TJ arrange a playdate for Tae Ho and Da Bin! 

 

Maybe not with Da Bin but maybe he will have a boy his age who will spend time with.

Who is the boy with white and red shirt? He is Sun Ja`s relative? The other boy is Lee Ro Un?

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw on mydramalist that this drama finally has 100 episode, and so ends September 08 ?! if this is the case, MR and TJ are not ready to get married, worse there may be other problems to come:grimace:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...