[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

In Beautiful world, the second main woman has a style like MR. Good old SJ with her perms :lol:.

joon seok’s mom? lol i watched that drama (at the end) and they had the ironman led facial mask that Hong Jong Hyun advertises too!

should we all buy one and look pretty while watching My Prettiest Daughter in the World (is us!) :D

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, larus said:

I know he said that he respects her profesionally but he also spoke derogatory of her in front of Tae Joo. Time will tell.

My POV. What the chairman said is MR is a dragon who came from a poor family and needed support to fly and reveal herself as the dragon she is perceived as. In the east Asian culture the dragons are legendary creatures in mythology and folklore and a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it. So calling her a dragon, the way I see it, is a backhand compliment. The chairman said MR chose to take his hand for support inorder to fly and affirm her dragon strength  and power and  not TJ's hand, that she chose her business goals over TJ. But we know from their interactions that MR has not gotten over TJ. We shall see what happens in the next eps seems sparks will fly. 

Holy moly. That's all I can say. Sunday's episode is going to be a doozy. I am slightly shocked at what the writer is doing. Tae Ju- ssi is possessed. Can't explain what happened there. 

What is the writer doing? I don't even know if we are heading for a reconciliation or a bigger explosion.

I am slightly shell shocked at what happened today. And oh yeah avoiding K's in laws plot line with a 10 foot pole.

54 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

My POV. What the chairman said is MR is a dragon who came from a poor family and needed support to fly and reveal herself as the dragon she is perceived as. In the east Asian culture the dragons are legendary creatures in mythology and folklore and a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it. So calling her a dragon, the way I see it, is a backhand compliment.

I was refered to calling her a wench but it could be a translation thing. Compliment one moment and insulting her next. He has to be consistent. We`ll see. I got the impression from the preview that Mi Ri wants to talk with the chairman about her secret. I could be wrong. Let see what happens. One thing it is sure. It will be intereting to watch how is going to be the relationship between Mi Ri and Chairman Han. It will be good or bad?

17 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Holy moly. That's all I can say. Sunday's episode is going to be a doozy. I am slightly shocked at what the writer is doing. Tae Ju- ssi is possessed. Can't explain what happened there.  

I did not understand what it was said in the episode but I watched half worried.

I sensed that Tae Joo is too impatient. I did not like how he treated Mi Ri at work. I like that I saw a smiling on his face but he should kept a distance. He made her so uncomfortable. It is like he wanted to tell the world that he loves her. :DBut on the other hand, I like that he was so ferm to tell what he wants, what was in his heart to MI Ri when they were at the factory (in the beginning of the episode), and later at the Han River., I think he made Mi Ri to think a little about what she wants. Maybe that`s why she shocked In Sook at the end of the episode. I got the impression that she wants to reveal the truth.

I have mixed feeling about the episode but that`s probably because I did not understand what`s going on. The dialogue is esential.  I totally don`t know what they talked but I can`t wait to watch with subtille.

Again, I did not like how Chairman Han treated In Sook. Why he put her to monitorize his wife. He should hire a private detective or something. It is not her fault that his wife is getting close to a another man. Maybe he was upset that In Sook did not inform him when she knew the information. Other way, I did not like it. In Sook is a fool to support all this abuse. Enough, woman!

It is interesting to see if my perception will be correct. It is fun to guess. When Chairman took the picture with his youngest son, after the conversation with Tae Joo, I get a feeling that he was putting his hopes on him. I think he realised that Tae Joo is not going to do what he wants. :D

Tae Joo, are you crazy? Why did you take Mi Ri`s hand in front of other director? He really wants to tell everyone that he loves her. Soon everyone will know that there is a romantic relationship between them. I don`t think that will be good for Mi ri. More troubles for her. She can`t catch a break.

Well MR didn't  exactly  give him  a red light. He probably  was encouraged  with what she confessed.

Might not be the done thing to do at the  company but  heck it made for riveting tv. Her look in the cafeteria- not the self conscious ones- but the astounded and flabbergasted looks  made me laugh.  Because I felt the same way. My Korean  is not good enough to translate but I am used to filling in the gaps so I understand most of it. It is usually  a vocab issue with me. Once  the subs are  out I can pinpoint which word I missed. That's how  I increase my vocabulary. 

Anyway, the beginning  of a preview  is  usually  the  ending  of  an episode.  Therefore  when  I saw the  ending I presumed  it happens  early in the episode. 

What the heck though is the  writer doing with  IS? She is not planning to redeem her so early  right? She has gone from being a selfish b** ch to being painted into a pitiful  person. And yes the Chaiman is  a douchebag. The only way I can suffer through his scenes is knowing  that the actor probably  has dentures. If you  watch. Cos' really he is a horror. But seeing the actor  behind the character makes me step outside the drama and keep him as a drama  character. 

Good night.  I might watch the  beginning  scene again if only because  it made me gushy with how  sincere  and honest they both were. But now  going  to watch the same actor in Absolute boyfriend episode 1.

Since KBS won't give spoilers till  next Sat. And I so need distractions. 

@larus- thanks  for  the  preview. Sorry it is  still as astounding the 3rd time round. TJ holding  MR's hand at work. It is episode 26 right? My head is whirling.  What does the  writer plan to do?

43 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Well MR didn't  exactly  give him  a red light. He probably  was encouraged  with what she confessed.

Might not be the done thing to do at the  company but  heck it made for riveting tv.

He totally did not have to do that at work. I assumed that Mi Ri confessed somehow and that`s why he was so happy. Like he got his wings back. He maybe thought : hooray, she still loves me. l am on cloud nine. I will persue the woman I love till the end of the world.  :lol:

Yeah, it is good for a TV show. He made me feel a little uncomfortable too.  I thought the writer will go to a direction and she totally went to the other way. The harder and crazier complicated way.

.  I might watch the  beginning  scene again if only because  it made me gushy with how  sincere  and honest they both were.

The first scene was good and powerful.  I like it even without subtitles.

Anyway, the beginning  of a preview  is  usually  the  ending  of  an episode.  Therefore  when  I saw the  ending I presumed  it happens  early in the episode. 

I have noticed that too. The scene with the chairman is in the begining of next episode.

Maybe the Chariman asked her what is the relationship between her and his son.

I heard the world Chingu/ friend.

About today episode..

It warmed my heart the scene between Mi Sun and her mother (except that I was a little worry for Yoo Sun`s ear;)) and when Mi Ri found the note from her mother, Sun ja.

OMG.. .Jin Soo is totally possesed. I`ve never seen a child who enjoys playing with toys like him. 

He needs an intervention asap.

Huh? She said she would go to  China. 

And she told him he was her first love etc etc. I would need to listen again. I think  she said first time she felt  this way etc. I really cannot remember the exact wording. Sorry. She did elaborate  on her feelings. Like I said, she wasn't  as firm to him like when she first saw him after the deception. I did say they were sincere and honest. They did have some pretty honest conversations today.

I am now on ep 3 Absolute boyfriend.  So bye for the night.  Would probably  watch the raw episode for the  conversations. But its  getting  kind  of late here and I am trying  to  catch up on Yeo Jingu. My little boy  in Moon embracing  the  star.  My ahjumma brain can't  comprehend when  he grew  up. Lol.

Jin Soo? Do you  know how much those robots  cost? Freaking expensive since  my kids like them and I have to get them from Seoul. In fact will have to get more this  coming trip. I was having  toy envy when I saw him.  That's  a couple of hundred thousand  ₩ of props there. 

30 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Huh? She said she would go to  China. 

I did not understand well and my mind filled the gap. :w00t:

But I don`t want for her to go to China just because the Chairman is asking.

And she told him he was her first love etc etc. I would need to listen again. I think  she said first time she felt  this way etc. I really cannot remember the exact wording. Sorry. She did elaborate  on her feelings. Like I said, she wasn't  as firm to him like when she first saw him after the deception. I did say they were sincere and honest. They did have some pretty honest conversations today. 

Thanks for the quick recap.

Mi Ri and Tae Joo need honest conversation.

Jin Soo? Do you  know how much those robots  cost? Freaking expensive since  my kids like them and I have to get them from Seoul. In fact will have to get more this  coming trip. I was having  toy envy when I saw him.  That's  a couple of thousand  ₩ of props there

Another exemple of how iresponsable is Jin Soo. His wife made sacrifices to get money for the babysitter and he playes with expensive toys. It is an addiction.

47 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

But its  getting  kind  of late here and I am trying  to  catch up on Yeo Jingu. My little boy  in Moon embracing  the  star.  My ahjumma brain can't  comprehend when  he grew  up. Lol.

haha its going to be off topic but, hotel del luna is coming in a couple of weeks and he is in it with IU :grimace:

48 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

She said she would go to  China. 

explore the china market and learn some business management from wang wei.. that would be great for MR.. distance makes the hearts fonder haha long distance relationship put to the test!! :kiss_closed:

im going to skip this weekend episodes and watch together with next week’s after the eng subs are out.. i kinda like 4-6 epi consecutive watching at night lol

39 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

explore the china market and learn some business management from wang wei.. that would be great for MR.. distance makes the hearts fonder haha long distance relationship put to the test!! :kiss_closed:

Haven’t finished the raw epi because it keeps lagging. Is she going to china? I bet TJ will be quick to go with her in the guise of learning more from her. Should be an excuse for these lovebirds to get closer again away from the chairman’s eyes and ears. Waiting for subs early tomorrow. 

From the preview... I thought she said she'd go to China too and my Korean may be off but I thought tae joo said he'd wait for her or something... Then there was a mention of marriage... Oh dear its going to be a whirlwind episode tomorrow 

Hahahaha, the old man's younger wife has a boyfriend and living it up in sunny Florida and all expenses paid for by her old but very rich husband. Serves him right. Why would the young wife want to come back to Korea to live with a bigoted misogynistic old fart? Of course if her money supply dries up then she would have to be forced to go back. Like everyone is wondering, would the son even be his? For sure the old man will be taking DNA test. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

He totally did not have to do that at work. I assumed that Mi Ri confessed somehow and that`s why he was so happy. Like he got his wings back. He maybe thought : hooray, she still loves me. l am on cloud nine. I will persue the woman I love till the end of the world.  :lol:

Yeah, it is good for a TV show. He made me feel a little uncomfortable too.  I thought the writer will go to a direction and she totally went to the other way. The harder and crazier complicated way.

I agree. There is nothing unusual with eating with ccworkers but to make it so obvious and then hold her hand infront of everyone and when she is uncomfortable is a wee disconcerting. There are many times when he could ask her to accompany him in these meetings and factory inspections and opportunities for privacy and talk and courtship. TJ has to also respect her feelings about professional conduct and not pursue her so openly to make her uncomfortable and cause gossip which could damage her professionally. For example going to the Han River to have a conversation.... and he can't help himself but touch her hand but at least they were away from the office and he used his touch to guide and lead her to walk in the direction he wanted but let go of her hand as they walk together. But he really should control himself from reaching out for her hand when at the office. 

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

oh goodness.... TJ would board the plane to Chian in a New York minute. I can see the old man now, wife is cheating on him and other son may not even be his and TJ set on being with his lady love ....he will have an apoplexy moment . 

waiting for subs 

1 hour ago, Sheenigummy said:

From the preview... I thought she said she'd go to China too and my Korean may be off but I thought tae joo said he'd wait for her or something... Then there was a mention of marriage... Oh dear its going to be a whirlwind episode tomorrow 

If Mi Ri wants to go to China I aprove. She needs to distance herself from all this. I can see why Tae Joo said he will wait for her. Good for him. Yes, he should wait. 

I want to see Mi Ri geting more confident in herself and ready to accept love.

49 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Of course if her money supply dries up then she would have to be forced to go back. Like everyone is wondering, would the son even be his? For sure the old man will be taking DNA test. 

So that`s why she comes back. That makes sense. Who will want to come back to this man?

I loved to see Mi Ri smiling

The episode is delayed where I usually stream.

But from the clips I've seen the question I have every week remains the same, why does Miri speak to IS.  I know it is necessary for the drama, but really . . . 

I was wondering if TJ had any problems with his stepmom in the US. He was in the US and returned to Korea without telling anyone and he doesn't seem to like her either.  I am just speculating since she will appear soon.

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

a simple note from SJ can make MR super loved but a call from IS just brings burden n frowns.. :rolleyes:

Indeed. I notice that too.

I have to watch the episode with subtitles.

Coffee truck for PD Kim Jong Chang

I watched it with subtitles. I don`t want to say more than I`ve already said.

The first scene remains one of my favorites from this episode. And the smiling Mi Ri scene and the playful moment between Mi Sun and her mother.

I still think Tae Joo did not have to persue Mi Ri openly at the office.

Jin Soo and his lies... :w00t: Every member of his colleague will have someone to bury soon.

I heard about drug addiction, alchol adiction,  sex addiction, gambling addicion but it is a first to hear about playing with toys addiction. I wonder if he had a boy, he would have played with him, he should have been at home, spending time with his son?

Poor Mi Sun!

Chairman Han is a bully. It wasn`t even her fault that Han Jong Soo`s younger wife has a relationship in US, but he throws a tantrum at her for everything. 

His wife cheated, everyone has to suffer because of that. Her brother will be fired, her parents threatened with a lawsuit.  Mister Chairman, you can't ask for gifts back!  He should have assumed the fact that he sent his frivolous and much younger wife to live abroad. He knew exactly the consequesces. Now the wife will return home. Probably he will forgive her.

In Sook is just pathetic. Just like Mi Ri asked her, why she does she want to stay at Hansung? I would have prefered to see her with a secret agenda, like a venomous snake than see her as Chairman`s lackey, drinking her sorrow at night, alone at home. Don`t bring Mi Ri in your sad life! You chose that life and you chose to leave your daughter out.

I am glad Mi Ri decided to tell the truth to Tae Joo. I hope she will tell him soon but I am sure the  writer will drag this a little.

About Tae Joo and Mir ri. It doesn`t sound like Mi Ri wants to accept the relationship anytime soon. I hope she will tell the truth to get out of her system this secret. I have a feeling that they will marry soon if they will reconcile but I wish they will date first like a normal couple.

We found out that Woo Jin was married and we even heard his ex wife`s voice too. I think another character will come on the scene in the upcoming episodes. Woo Jin`s ex is an illustrator and he asked her to draw Mi Hye and Jae Bum`s books. 

We are halfway through the series and the writer needs to create new conflicts for the characters.

Archived