[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

38 minutes ago, diane90 said:

Dispute, break-up, come back and dispute ...etc .....etc !

I'm very disappointed :dissapointed:

I am disappointed with the writing myself but I still be watching.  I am doomed.

The last half of the series could be very bad. I have to prepare myself for more disappointment.:tears:

Yesterday I saw this picture of Lee Ro woon.

He said that he was preparing for shooting. I did ask myself what scene he will do to need  that hairstyle and an elegant outfit but I did not imagine that a wedding is possible so soon. Soap opera works in mysterious ways. :lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sheenigummy said:

I'm not going to lie... If the show doesnt take a better turn this weekend... I. Migjt just abandon it till things look up

I don`t think it will get better. I lost hope.

Mi Ri to help Tae Joo is coming back. Against all the logic, she will accept Tae Joo`s proposal to marry him. In Sook still doesn`t tell the truth and I think Mi Ri will not tell Tae Joo either. She puts herself in the lion`s mouth for Tae Joo.

Of course, the writer keeps the secret intact for Na Hye Mi to find out to have ammunition against out heroes.

The problem is... the secret is In Sook`s issue but because everyone kept it, more people will have to suffer. The writer had some small issue and made it big. I hate it. I can see miles away the writer`s intentions. I hope I am wrong but I don`t think so. I don`t like how soap opera cliche has become this drama. Geez.

But I still like them together.

Preview

Stupid SI did not manage to manage anything after all. What a dofus. She needs to go and run the kitchen with her sister. Wow, just wow. 

Anyone what Mi Ri told the brother of the future mother in law in her office? 

56 minutes ago, smhelen said:

Anyone what Mi Ri told the brother of the future mother in law in her office? 

I don`t know but I love that she ruined his mood. He thought that he will get Mi ri`s job (because she resigned) and later he wanted Tae Joo`s position.

Yep, the adage that "There's no fool like an old fool."  certainly applies to the sleazy old man, Honey.:crazy:

I think MR is going to marry TJ, in order to protect his position.  The 'Honey' wife must be threatening TJ's position at the company, and probably, his inheritance.

Took me less than 15 minutes to run through today's episode... Sad.

14 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Yep, the adage that "There's no fool like an old fool."  certainly applies to the sleazy old man, Honey.:crazy:

I am amazed how he built his "empire". I think the older he grows, the more foolish he becomes. 

1/2 way through raws

Opening shot showed that this was an middle of the road soap opera that wasn't afraid to declaring in self.  If any one is watching WWW: search, this is exactly the kind of soap opera Scarlet is addicted to.

Question: Miri has quit her job, broken up with TJ, why on the great blue/Green/dying earth is she STILL responding to and richard simmons in that family.

THis episode seems like another wasted hour for Miri/TJ fan.  Giving SJ the comic fist is good for a laugh.

7 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t think it will get better. I lost hope.

Mi Ri to help Tae Joo is coming back. Against all the logic, she will accept Tae Joo`s proposal to marry him. In Sook still doesn`t tell the truth and I think Mi Ri will not tell Tae Joo either. She puts herself in the lion`s mouth for Tae Joo.

Of course, the writer keeps the secret intact for Na Hye Mi to find out to have ammunition against out heroes.

The problem is... the secret is In Sook`s issue but because everyone kept it, more people will have to suffer. The writer had some small issue and made it big. I hate it. I can see miles away the writer`s intentions. I hope I am wrong but I don`t think so. I don`t like how soap opera cliche has become this drama. Geez.

But I still like them together.

I'm not sure it is a small issue.

From what I've seen in Korean Drama bio-parentage seems to trump all. There seems to be a natural suspicion of adoptions.  A weird belief the people can not raise non-bio children with open hearts. I got a lecture in another forum about filial piety. Re-watched Grapevine with included a lecture on what the Confucian filial piety child owes to the parent/what the subject owes to the rule, etc.  I did notice that the father never got the the part of what the parent owed the child or the rule owed the subject. 

The last episode showed IS almost besotted with TJ. She was putting up with the humiliation etc. from the Chairman and now his wife, for him? It is a parallel of SJ and MR. SJ was always extra caring with MR, but didn't seem to give a hoot for MH. Perhaps an underlying theme is about adoptive mothers are able to love  their adopted children as much if not more than the biological child.

I watched the last part where MR hugged TJ. I thought oh no another dead fish hug. But yea, he hugged her back.:love:

With apologies to die hard fans of the actress KSY, I find her excellent in emoting sad, conflicting feelings but quite unconvincing in the funny, cutish scenes with her mother. Her laughter at DB's father's hideaway was really forced. 

Those who are waiting for IS' redemption may get it in the next few episodes. She seemed to be fighting back the wife. High time, how did she get to be a hot shot CEO when all she did was to drink and moan in a crisis?

I really liked today's episode.  I must love romance very much.  

- I liked that TJ was still protecting MR and asked IS to keep her out and not bother her.  

- I liked that the mother was all about protecting her cubs.  (the minute MS walked in crying - her mom was all ready for it). Though I hated that both of them were beating JS up, I liked that they handled it immediately instead of crying a bucket and dragging it on like IS - MR birth secret.

- I liked that the FIL was respectful to the pharmacist and was able to stay as friends and talk.  Everyone needs a listener and if the wife / partner cannot be that, it might be wise to talk to some one else.   

- I LOVED how MR handled Chairman's BIL - That was the highlight of today's episode.

- I LOVED how MR realized that TJ needed her very much and even with all this difficulty, he was giving her assurances and not to worry about it.  It was really a nice scene that MR went to comfort him and he was stupefied at first but was happy later.  

I would want to see more scenes of MR dealing with the Honey sucker just like she dealt with her Brother.  SJ and gang - come over to chairman Han's and teach the Honey sucker some manners (Gold digging B)

I didn't find the episode better with the subs.

Have they switched writer or PD?

The story is so inconsistent.

Today IS is claiming her goose is cooked whether Miri marries TJ or not the chairman's wife is going to investigate her.

Tomorrow she will be back to saying Miri can't marry TJ for some reason or the other.

I hate knocking dramas because writing these stories is VERY HARD work.

But to me, it seems that expect for SJ, TJ, and Miri -- everyone in the soap is either some version of stupid or illogical.   What is the chairman's flip on his wife about ---cutting her and everyone connected with her off then doing everything she want.

They all give me whiplash.

Yeah, I also liked this episode. The last week episodes was too draggy, no surprise or plot twist, but in this we have dynamism. I love the girls and the hug scenes.

Well, MR is really going to do the same thing that TJ did. And now because of all situation in his family , this secret is a HUGE. And I gave up to understand IS.

1 hour ago, angelwingssf said:

I LOVED how MR handled Chairman's BIL - That was the highlight of today's episode.

I loved this scene too. I think it is just a scratch on the surface of what we are about to see.

The blood sucker thinks TJ marrying MR weakens him in her efforts to take over the company and push TJ out. 

What her and her brother do not realize is what MR lacks in family connections is trumped by her business acumen amd network of business contacts. She has a network of business associates she has built up the last 10 years. 

I have no words for the old prune chairman. He and all other rich old men who marry gold digging girls are the biggest idiots of all. I mean seriously does he really believe she married because he is full of vim and vigor? If he was poor would this chick even give him the time of day? Geez.

4 hours ago, jeilopes said:

And I gave up to understand IS.

It’s satisfying to see IS’s slow downfall. 

Ratings are out and this show is still enjoying the top of the lot. Locals must somehow really enjoy these plot twists while some of us here have jumped ship. I would like to hear some reason for such cultural difference. 

In sook explained to Tae Joo (and to us) why she doesn`t want Mi ri to marry him but I like how Tae joo told her very clearly that he is not a person to calculate, to put his financial interests above feelings, his own principles. 

In sook is isolated in the family and, as she said, Tae Joo is alone, he doesn`t have the support that his step mother has. If he marries  a rich girl, he will gain her family support. I get it, In Sook, but you put all eggs in one basket? She saw very clearly that Tae Joo truly loves Mi Ri. When she saw that he can`t convince him to follow her stupid plan, what she did? She has constantly sabotaged Mi Ri and Tae Joo`s happiness. Instead to gain allies she was lamenting all the time. She is an incompetent. Period. I am done with her too.

Another fool.... Chairman Han. Lots of talk of how much he can read people and know everything is happening in his companies. But he let his hungry money wife and siblings to do what they want? When Na Do Jin tried to destroy the trust and solid reputation of Hansung Apparel for a quick money, he would have been on his wife's side? WOW! Mindblowing. He did not keep an eye on his wife and her family for nothing all these years. He knows very well how they really are. I hope he did not lost his mind compleatly. Does he think for himself these days? 

Na Hye Mi has married for money and she doesn`t claim something else. I give her that. But Na Hye Mi and her brother are the upstarts, they  has risen suddenly to wealth and high position without any merit. I know that they must have in the company people on their side, people who have their own interests  but Tae Joo is not alone. I think there are others, who really count, honest people who have their character intact, who worked hard on their own, who can not be on the fraud`s side. 

Na Mi Hye and In sook, two money hungry women,  they both think that if Tae Joo is marrying Mi Ri, an oxbone owner`s daughter, he will be more vulnerable in the family. Because she doesn`t have a rich family`s support, their connections. But Mi Ri`s strength is that she built her good reputation for ten years on her own, without family connections. Tae Joo needs Mi Ri at his point. I understand why Mi Ri decided to be on his side. She loves him and she is giving her support when he needs it the most. That`s true love. I saw that her family doesn`t want her to be involved in Han family`s business. I understand their point but they have to support Mi ri because it is her decision.

Of course, Mi Ri should tell Tae Joo that In Sook is her biological mother before the wedding but... that`s soap opera style. I give up. I also know that Na Hye Mi and her brother will use In Sook`s secret against both Mi Ri and Tae Joo (the only innocent victims). I wish they will recover quickly. It is not such a big deal, even though he has become bigger than it really is.

2 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

It’s satisfying to see IS’s slow downfall. 

Ratings are out and this show is still enjoying the top of the lot. Locals must somehow really enjoy these plot twists while some of us here have jumped ship. I would like to hear some reason for such cultural difference. 

That has always puzzled me. It's as if we are watching two different shows.

I thought there cannot be any more ways for the writer to prevent MR or IS from exposing their big secret. But no, she came up with something. So boring.

14 hours ago, hushhh said:

Opening shot showed that this was an middle of the road soap opera that wasn't afraid to declaring in self.  If any one is watching WWW: search, this is exactly the kind of soap opera Scarlet is addicted to.

It is almost the same. I think the drama that Scarlet is watching is a daily kdrama. I did not watch one but that`s how I think daily dramas are.

Clearly, Scarlet likes this genre. She is pasionate woman (feelings came before thinking and she does things with intensity). When she is watching her favorite dramas, she has a great capacity of willing suspension of disbelief for the sake of entertainment. I am more like Tammy, who is the overthinking/analytical type. I want more realism in dramas, I want to understand the characters. I ask every time even when I am watching dramas... why, why, why... That can kill the enjoyment. :w00t:

Did you see how Scarlet came up with a solution to see Ji-Hwan in the drama? Easy.  He has to come back as a twin good brother. My solution.... Ji Hwan has to get another role in another drama. :lol:

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I thought there cannot be any more ways for the writer to prevent MR or IS from exposing their big secret. But no, she came up with something.

I give her credit for that. :lol: In her place I would have told the truth, come up with another issue or end of story quickly. 

Archived