[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

I felt sad when I saw Mi ri and Tae Joo in both scenes. I feel sorry for both but especially Tae Joo. He doesn`t understand why she is behaving this way. He doesn`t deserve to be kept in the dark. I wish to know what they talked about. I had a feeling the first time, she could not break up with him. Later, she has resigned without telling him anything. Poor Tae Joo! I am still upset that the writer could not come up a better plot device. 

I laughed at Mi Ok and Dae Cheol scene. It was childish but I found it funny how they were fighting. First not speaking to each other (just in writing) and then fighting with the lingeries/ clothes.

I don`t understand. Why put In Sook to be their "maid"? There were so many house personnel to cook, why put the sister in law in this position? Why did she accept that treatment?  Of course Tae Joo found it humiliating and took her from there.

The same time when Mi Sun had to cook for Mi Ok and her friends. It is common courtesy that the member of your family is helping with the cooking, at least inviting her to eat as well.

Is just drama plot or it is possible to be this a reality in South Korea? Disturbing.

Woo Jin seems more relaxed now.

From the preview, Na Hye-Mi is everywhere. She is reading Mi ri`s file, she is speaking with Director Park, with Mi Ri. I have a feeling that she will find out first that Mi ri is In sook`s daughter. Ewww.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats director and writer.  I think this would is ugliest episode of all.  It's so steering watching this episode...  Maybe the lowest rating rating maybe or the next episode if you won't change your storyline.  Goodluck.

In the preview,  who was that guy in MR office room?  Another character? Will he replace MR? Or is it TJ?  I can confirm.  The preview is so short... 

My gift solution to Writer:

TJ and MR have a drunken one-night stand.  Six weeks later, she's pregnant.  

Problem solved.  Nothing trumps a grandson for the old fart chairman, SJ, and even IS.  

Finish, finito, end of drama.

BTW,  the reason for the lousy writing is because the writer was more preoccupied with pursuing his first, and last, lover.  Yeah, you guess it ... JB was the writer.  :lol::P

1 hour ago, Chlee4ver said:

In the preview,  who was that guy in MR office room?  Another character? Will he replace MR? Or is it TJ?  I can confirm.  The preview is so short... 

I also notice that there is a new guy playing in Mi Ri`s office. He wears glasses. Or I should say former office? I can`t tell. Mi Ri resigns but the next episode she is back at work.  Maybe In Sook bagged her to come back because she can`t handle the sister in law.

I bet that man is the stepmother`s spy. Don`t tell me he is na Hye Me`s brother! Let see if I won the bet. :w00t:

Seeing him from the back, I was thinking he could be the actor who played the heroine `s husband in KBS drama Marry Me Now. I did not watch the drama but I am familiar with some characters.

48 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

BTW,  the reason for the lousy writing is because the writer was more preoccupied with pursuing his first, and last, lover.  Yeah, you guess it ... JB was the writer.  

Oh... we know that he won a prize for his dramas but his drama quality is questionable. It makes sense. :lol:

Lol. The comments are better than the episode. I wonder if the ratings are better with the drag out plot.

I am horrified to admit that once a couple gets together they become kind of boring. I would like more couple time true. But the new stepmother is a witch. Every time she coo " honey " to the Chairman I want to gag.

Why the heck does CEO Jeon turn into such a submissive dope I don't understand. Why does she want to keep her " position " I don't understand.

I have a busy weekend coming up. I might skip a few weekends- who am I kidding here?- and come back after the school holidays.

I  am not even complaining. Apparently I like the story here since we have WJ with the longing looks starting. And MS and the confrontation coming up. So guess the 2 other plots will take precedence. But with the new stepmother in the solleontang shop don't think the writer is killing the MR and cutting off ties story yet.

And to be super honest, I prefer this to the cancer scare plots in weekend dramas ok.

41 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Why the heck does CEO Jeon turn into such a submissive dope I don't understand. Why does she want to keep her " position " I don't understand.

Same. I really don`t understand why In Sook is behaving this way. She doesn`t live in Joseon times anymore. So what if the Chairman or worst, the Chairman wife, wants something to eat? They should eat at the restaurant or whatever they want. They have employees who can cook for them. Why should In Sook, the CEO, the sister in law have to serve them?

Why she let Na Hye Mi slap her? She should slapped her back. In Sook did not take the pictures and show them to the Chairman. 

In Sook is useless. All she can do is being clingy and manipulative to her daughter, crying how hard it will be for her if the Chairman will find the truth. She just want Tae Joo only for her, to stay by her side. 

I am horrified to admit that once a couple gets together they become kind of boring.

Why is that? Because the writer doesn`t know how to write for them.

But with the new stepmother in the solleontang shop don't think the writer is killing the MR and cutting off ties story yet.

I wish the writer kill Mi Ri if she doesn`t have something good for her. How I wish Soyeon will have another drama offer! But, back to reality. Maybe the writer will give us good scenes in the future.

And to be super honest, I prefer this to the cancer scare plots in weekend dramas ok.

Nothing is worst than terminal illness in kdramas. Fingers crossed we don`t have that in this drama. There is plenty of time to go from bad to worst.

I think Mi Ri wanted to tell him the truth in this scene but she heard him talking about In Sook so warmly (how she means to him), she just could not do it. :(

It was a sad scene when they broke up. From the comments on You Tube I find out that Mi Ri resigned to go to China. So she find a way to break with him without tell him why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St0KIT0eq3k

It is the second time she resigns and later comes back. I hope they will make it believeble. I don`t know why she decided to come back. What did Na Hye Mi say to her?

15 minutes ago, larus said:

I think Mi Ri wanted to tell him the truth in this scene but she heard him talking about In Sook so warmly (how she means to him), she just could not do it. :(

I thought it was him saying he loves her.  Isn't it? (Non - Korean)

43 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

I thought it was him saying he loves her.  Isn't it? (Non - Korean)

I heard the word "love" but from the articles, it looks like he told her :" I learned how to love after meeting my mother. Thanks to her I have a strong body and mind. " It was Google translation. It is not reliable. I thought he told her how grateful he is to his "mother". Thanks to her he is now how he is. 

But he said that she loves Mi Ri as well and tell her not to leave him or say she won`t marry him ever. :tears:

I `ll see tomorrow when I will watch with subtiltes.

image_readtop_2019_447973_15612895493799

http://sports.mk.co.kr/view.php?year=2019&no=447973

I just realised that I don`t have to wait for tomorrow to watch with subtitles. We have already the translation available. :) Thanks for the quick translation!

Most idiotic of all noble idiocy when one thinks and decides for the other for their good and not telling the other what is good about what they are doing.... I feel so sorry for TJ 

Does Mi Ri really think that not telling TJ and leaving him without any explanation after telling him that she loved him dearly will hurt him less? I think that TJ will have a hard time trusting her and IS again and I don't blame him. If he ever decides to marry again, it will be a business marriage and his dad may just look for a business marriage partner for TJ. I was invested in the romance of TJ and MR... but here comes the redundant noble idiocy. Too bad, they have good chemistry and look good together but they don't have much scenes together and no fresh plots for them.  

I also don't understand why Mi Ri let SJ and her sisters celebrate her break up and resignation by cursing Hansung company to become bankrupt and poor. She worked their for years and she was given opportunity to grow professionally and they did no wrong to her. It is In Sook they are angry with and not Hansung. I thought Mi Ri loved TJ "with all her heart" as she said. I guess not. She hurt TJ so much and now joins and encourages her family to put a curse on Hansung the company where TJ the man she loved is an heir of? TJ is going to get over like she wanted him too and marry someone else hopefully, someone who has the guts to stand up for her heart and her lover. 

And In Sook is stupid. She wants TJ to protect her against the wife of the Chairman? She should have not objected to the marriage since the Chairman likes MR for her business acumen. Hah!! don't like the young wife of the chairman but the writer I guess wants pity for In Sook after she was made a witch now she is being made as someone who deserves pity to make her likable and forgivable? 

After I watched with subtiltes, it seeams that Mi Ri did not resign to go to China. She said she wants to rest.

She told him that she loves him but she doesn`t wait to marry him. She doesn`t like rich families, she is happier to live with her family and he should be with his rich family.

I agree the noble idiot crown is now on Mi Ri`s head. How she did she think that she will not break his heart if she will leave without a word?

From the preview, I undertand that she comes back at Hansung Apparel because Na Hye Mi is a threat to Tae Joo.

I wonder what In Sook wanted to tell tae Joo at the end of the episode? I don`t think she wanted to tell the truth.

We found out that In Sook has a brother and Na Hye Me has a brother as well. They both made some bad business and lost a lot of money from the company.

6 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Lol. The comments are better than the episode. I wonder if the ratings are better with the drag out plot.

The ratings are really better. :sweat_smile:

“Mother Of Mine” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High

“Mother Of Mine” Ratings Soar To New All-Time High

KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” has broken its own viewership record once again!

On June 23, the hit weekend drama achieved its highest ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored average nationwide ratings of 26.4 percent and 33.6 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1334189wpp/mother-of-mine-ratings-soar-to-new-all-time-high

6 hours ago, larus said:

this way. She doesn`t live in Joseon times anymore. So what if the Chairman or worst, the Chairman wife, wants something to eat? They should eat at the restaurant or whatever they want. They have employees who can cook for them. Why should In Sook, the CEO, the sister in law

A few people pointed out that the show is about IS, so the writer just had to create someone so pathetic that she abandoned her daughter for riches, why she puts up with the Chairman despite being rich, now we see her putting up with being humiliated by a cheap tart. 

The wife does look cheap with her too young outfit, that 'harny' :rolleyes:.

After that long scene with MR and TJ and it became obvious that it was not going anywhere, I skipped much of the show. The subtitles are also not synced. But I did catch the scene with the Chairman and his wife. She pulls his strings by aiming for his zipper? :persevere: Eeyooo ptui... I can't watch it.

4 hours ago, zenya22 said:

Most idiotic of all noble idiocy when one thinks and decides for the other for their good and not telling the other what is good about

I did not find the parting scene sad at all. With every word TJ said, it was to me just a delaying tactic to fill the 100 episodes. I don't understand how  Korean viewers increased. How could a person break up with a true love because she does not want to hurt him with a secret that she does not even know if he cares? But she knows how hurt he will be if they break up.

That is truly a noble idiot or misguided fool. If she did come back to the company per preview still as a GM, she is a moron.

I don't think I can watch IS being turned into a servant by the wife. For that matter, I can't watch the wife. So I'll be lurking here depending on Soompians only for a while.

:anguished: 

Still no subs, but from the chairman's household's domestic scene, we have now reach the point where we see the abuse that IS has endure over the years as a means of generating sympathy for the character.  The production is making the audience into TJ.

It seems as if IS after all this time owns nothing--she owns nothing so she can't leave.  Anything she "has" can be taken away by the chairman with a stroke of the pen.  I think that was the purpose of the scene where he ordered his wife stripped of assets and resources. She also can't get a job "at her level" because to hire here would be the same as crossing the chairman. She has been waiting for tJ to inherit to get her due. 

Now that IS role in the family has been dramatized, not just discussed the audience is expected to understand why TJ cannot leave IS in the family without support. 

Seeing IS as "head maid" makes clear it is always a bad thing to tie your fortune to the whim of an mercurial autocrat.  Check out the body count of former allies in Richard III if you don't believe me.

This makes me feel better of Miri NOT marrying into the family, but marrying TJ.  I'm not sure how she would pull that off, but the having your happiness tied to the chairman is not a good option.

Actually I don't think TJ is even safe  in the hierarchy. I think the reason why the 2nd wife and 2nd son are back to undermine TJ place and you know, add drama.

So far it seems like TJ isn't dying to inherit.  I think he would accept being the head of the corporation so that he can take care of the employees. But he isn't into to money and power, like he's said, he's willing to walk away for Miri.

I wonder if TJ owns anything independent of his father?

After seeing MR carried the box, resigning  from the company, I just can't help but laughed :D. This writer made MR treats the company like hotel , check in check out as her wish :w00t:. In any MNC  co, there is a SOP to follow, how can the GM leaves company so easily, must at least give 3-6 month notice unless she was asked to leave immediately because of misconduct. This is Kdrama again. :lol:

Another scene is TJ and MR having long conversation, TJ is not a good listener, he tried to avoid to listen the truth, as he was worried when he saw MR cold face. In his mind, he knew that something wrong between MR and IS, he kept going to explain how IS treated him well since young. I think his intention was to let MR know that IS had been a good mum to him since young, he wanted them to stay in good term. But sad to say, he didn't give enough patience to MR. That's why MR did not reveal much to hurt him. Infact, she did not tell the truth is another way of hurting him too. Moral of the story, we must be a good listener and be honest if you wish to prepare the consequence.

IS became so submissive during dinner time may be that explained why she didn't want her daughter to come in to this tonix environment but that didn't give her the excuse to abandon the child or ask her to break TJ and MR relationship. Her motive is still selfish because she wants to clutch on TJ, the only one who can believe in her now. I wish that she will tell him the truth on next EP, but it seems that it may drag further. Kdrama again. :(

The plot that step mum comes in to stir negativity, I shall not mention because it is predictable. 

Sad to say we will not be seeing any sweet couple moment soon :(because it seems that the plot will show more on the power struggling in next ep. If MR is back to office once again, (it's very comical, check in hotel again,:lol::w00t: lol) it will be more like strategic alliance relationship to resolve the "bomb".

6 hours ago, larus said:

After I watched with subtiltes, it seeams that Mi Ri did not resign to go to China. She said she wants to rest.

She told him that she loves him but she doesn`t wait to marry him. She doesn`t like rich families, she is happier to live with her family and he should be with his rich family.

I agree the noble idiot crown is now on Mi Ri`s head. How she did she think that she will not break his heart if she will leave without a word?

From the preview, I undertand that she comes back at Hansung Apparel because Na Hye Mi is a threat to Tae Joo.

I wonder what In Sook wanted to tell tae Joo at the end of the episode? I don`t think she wanted to tell the truth.

We found out that In Sook has a brother and Na Hye Me has a brother as well. They both made some bad business and lost a lot of money from the company.

MR told IS she was resigning. But my fault I skipped the usual dialogue between these two ( resign, go to the US; no never, here I am all packed), I did not notice if she had a letter with her. So my guess is the Chairman did not know of it and she could come back if IS agreed? There was a man in her office in the preview, that would stop her on-off situation to just off I think.

5 hours ago, hushhh said:

It seems as if IS after all this time owns nothing--she owns nothing so she can't leave.  Anything she "has" can be taken away by the chairman with a stroke of the pen.  I think that was the purpose of the scene where he ordered his wife stripped of assets and resources. She also can't get a job "at her level" because to hire here would be the same as crossing the chairman. She has been waiting for tJ to inherit to get her due. 

It looks like that but it is hard to believe. I think Chairman can cancel his wife`s credit cards or other assets because they are in his name or the company. But In Sook is a widow and her husband had some companies under the Hansung Group. I think the majority of the shares were in Han Jong Soo`s control from the beginning but it is hard to believe that his younger brother had to rely on his older brother for everything.

The writer wants to tell us that In Sook does not own anything (maybe the house) and she was waiting for Tae Joo to inherit the Chairman and take care of her.

This makes me feel better of Miri NOT marrying into the family, but marrying TJ.  I'm not sure how she would pull that off, but the having your happiness tied to the chairman is not a good option.

Of course. In a way, I am glad that I won`t see Mi ri in that family. Tae Joo is a good man but he can`t protect his future wife of the posibile mistreatment. I wish they will move in another house, start a new life separated from the family. 

It will be ten times worst to see that Mi ri has to support the same treatment in that family. Better separated.

Actually I don't think TJ is even safe  in the hierarchy. I think the reason why the 2nd wife and 2nd son are back to undermine TJ place and you know, add drama.

So far it seems like TJ isn't dying to inherit.  I think he would accept being the head of the corporation so that he can take care of the employees. But he isn't into to money and power, like he's said, he's willing to walk away for Miri.

I wonder if TJ owns anything independent of his father?

No, he is not safe. So far neither Tae joo or Tae Hoo has something under their name. If Tae Joo`s mother did not have her own assets (if she was from a poor family), she did not let anything to Tae Joo when she died.

Chairman Han is imprevisible and choleric. He could not let them anything if one of his sons would do something to upset him very much. 

Tae Joo was not after his inheratence at all. He tried to be independent, work hard to make his own way. He was willing to renounce of everything to be with Mi ri if that was the case but things changed. 

He wants to protect In Sook too. I think In Sook told him that his step mother has influence over his father, maybe has her own people in the company, she wants Tae Joo`s position in the company and he is not willing to let her win.

We heard in the preview that Tae Joo said "I do not want talk about Kang Mi Ri for the time being". I think he decided to concentrate on business, on the internal struggles for power. He has assumed the role of the new heir and wants to protect his place in the company (and In Sook). 

4 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

In any MNC  co, there is a SOP to follow, how can the GM leaves company so easily, must at least give 3-6 month notice unless she was asked to leave immediately because of misconduct. This is Kdrama again. :lol:

"Gone for today, come back tomorrow" is the new motto. :lol: It was funny when Park Tae Ri was happy that Mi Ri resigned because he thought she will marry Tae Joo. :D

She said that she wanted to rest so many her resignation has not been registered yet and she can come back.

I predict that next time she will be fired.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

There was a man in her office in the preview, that would stop her on-off situation to just off I think.

I am curious what position has the new man in the company. Park Tae Ri was not happy to see him. He was just playing in Mi Ri`s office and not take her seat so I don`t think she has her job. Tae joo is her immediate superior. The new man is definetly Na Hye Mi`s man and everyone knows it but what position he will have? He will be working in Mi Ri`s team to keep an eye on her and Tae Joo?

There will be another character in the drama.

The actor Choi Jae Won has joined the drama Mother of Mine.

1VKJISXDK8_1.jpg

Choi Jae Won is going to show off his extraordinary presence by adding tension to the drama as an impact character that threatens the position of Han Tae-ju and Kang Mi-ri (Kim So Yeon) It is hoped that Choi Jae-won will have an impact on my daughter, who is the most beautiful girl in the world, who records high ratings with exciting development every time.

Choi Jae Won is a veteran of 20 years, widely known as a conscientious man of 'Good Nation Movement Headquarters' as the first KBS super talent, and has impressed viewers through various programs such as drama, entertainment and education.

Now that we have the actor, I think his character will be someone on a higher rank than Mi Ri, and maybe Tae Joo too.

New BTS pictures provided by Soyeon`s agency.

I love the smile in the first picture. When I will see Mi ri smiling like that?

more pictures https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=21573028&memberNo=2127174

I was right. The new character is Na Hye Mi`s brother. :lol:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201906240852228010

Archived