[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

The date at the Han River was a nice touch for TJ. He had put his ring back on. He told MR that he had already planned to tell her about who his parents were when she came back from China and had plans to resign, so that he could marry her and follow her to China if necessary and that he will seek employment wherever he can but IS deliberately snafued his plan by announcing TJ's promotion the day MR returned from China and made sure MR knew about it. TJ said that he will court MR and wait for her patiently to change her mind and accept his proposal to marry her. At the hug at the factory she told him that he was the first man whom she fell in love with, the TJ, a dedicated and hardworking newbie whom she could relate with. TJ said he is still the newbie she fell in love with and his work status does not change that  then left her alone to contemplate at their conversation. I don't like his plan of trying to create gossip. It is not good for MR professionally who is trying to re-establish herself after she returned from resigning and TJ's deliberate and obvious pursuit of her at work makes her uncomfortable and it is disrespectful and harassing. But I wonder if he is doing that on purpose to force his father to send MR to China. He dropped the hint in their convo at the river about his past plan of following her to China. After she was left alone by TJ at their special river bench MR recalled the memories of their love affair and TJ's sincere apologies and marriage proposal and she was moved to want to become honest with TJ and reveal her secret. She also realized how much TJ loves and respects IS when he said, IS is someone whom he owes. 

TJ is a man with a different world view than his father. He asked his father why he did not respect his choices. He had no drunk driving record or mess with drugs or with girls, he completed his studies, worked at the enry level at different companies to educate himself, smart and open minded. His father answered that in all of Korea their is no other son of a chaebol who is like him with derision and anger which I find funny because he should be proud of his son rather than being angry at him. TJ is a self starter, and his lifestyle and attitudes more broadminded and inclusive. He knows his goals and what he wants and marrying MR is one of them. How dumb can this father be? 

8 hours ago, jeilopes said:

I was wondering if TJ had any problems with his stepmom in the US. He was in the US and returned to Korea without telling anyone and he doesn't seem to like her either.  I am just speculating since she will appear so

@jeilopesIt was IS who raised TJ from childhood and not the stepmom. His stepbrother is 10 years old and TJ is 32 so TJ was 22 years old when the brother was born and TJ could have been sent abroad, most probably the US to study at that time or even earlier. 2nd wife was not in the US when TJ was there studying because she would have to raise the son in Korea until the age he is in now. The 2nd wife had gotten a building for her parents and employment for her brothers at Hansung which means she had to be at the chairman's side to gain those favors until it was decided to send her to the US which seemed recently. The wife had a pre nup agreement and the marriage to the chairman was a business arrangement. She may even have lorded it over IS who seems to be at the losing end of the deal. IS gained the position of CEO after 28 years of being the family "butler" and mother to TJ and still treated as the butler/family manager now even if she has the title of CEO. The chairman looks down and dislikes women yet he has this woman playing him and he has a woman IS managing his family.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow I like it. TJ with his heart on his sleeve is the same 'newbie'. It may not be smart to declare their relationship but

with a jerk of a father, there will never be a good time. IS too will not willingly admit she is MR's birth mother. 

Once everyone knows about them, they can have a real breakup - move away, don't have any contact and then have a real reconciliation, falling into each other's waiting arms. The recent 'hug' is the common dead fish KD type. One side hugs, the other remains still, straight arms.

It always amuses me when I see hugs in KDs. It's like the director says, 'ok one hug coming, ready, go.' So the huggie would stand patiently while hugger puts his/ her arms around the other. Very few shows have two active participants.

I want to see a real hug.

Watched with the subs.

Times might be changing and I don't know how things work in real world Korea, just drama world Korea. But I know that in most places when an office romance goes sour it is usually the woman's career that suffer, perhaps because the woman is usually the subordinate,

and

1- the company will support the person with the more power because they have more invested in that person.

2- Society has channels in place to "richard simmons shame" women but no such channels or procedures are in place to hold men accountable when they can't or won't control their sexual desire.

3- The richard simmons-shaming gets worse when the man in the situation is wealthy, then gold-digger shaming is added to the richard simmons shaming indictment against the woman.

Miri--

I get why, even without the IS complication, Miri wouldn't want to be seen as being in a relationship with TJ at worl.

1- He's younger and that seems to be a bit of a taboo in Korea

2- He's (or will be) the ultimate boss.  She worked so hard to get where she is, she doesn't want her effort to be overlooked and her success attributed to sleeping with the boss. 

3- Even if she doesn't advance in her career, the jealousy, fear of offending the big boss, and curiosity/gossip about her relationship can make it difficulty to collaborate with co-workers on an equal footing.

Me- It kind of bothers me that TJ is overlooking Miri's preference on behaving professionally at the office.

BUT--I'm tamping down my annoyance because I think TJ is being strategic more than he is being inconsiderate.

TJ's strategy.

1- TJ isn't just pursuing Miri at work but he is making it clear that he is the one who is smitten in the couple.

2- He isn't sneaking around with her, because when you sneak to do things it implies you think it is wrong and dirty.

3- Instead of asking her to come to him, which he can do using several made up reason he comes to her, in front  of her staff and repeatedly address her as someone with greater "status/knowledge" than he has himself.  [Or at least that is what I think was happening--the subs were unclear.]

4- In the cafeteria he broadcasts his pleasure at being in her company when she looks at best professional and in reality irritated at being put upon to eat with him. His performance of "open courtship" continues through the coffee, where he reverses the status expectation of the lower ranked colleague getting coffee and instead TJ, the higher ranked employee, serves Miri suggesting the interaction is a social or romantic relationship.

5-The drama make the strategic nature of TJ action clear when he realized and says out loud that having lunch with her in the cafeteria could be interpreted innocently as a director having lunch with a manager.

6- When you think about it, it seems TJ's strategy protects Miri from office gossip whether the relationship works out of not.  No reasonable person can say that Miri pursued TJ to move up the corporate ladder or for his money when it is clear he is the one "relentlessly" pursuing her. Instead if things don't work out, the reasonable people n the office should suggest Miri sue TJ for sexual harassment.  But when have people ever been reasonable in dramas?

I was happy that TJ got a chance to explain to Miri what his plans were before everything was exposed. 

Felt so sorry for TJ every time he referred to IS as his Mom, and explained IS's role in his life. Poor TJ didn't realize that every time the call IS Mom he widened the distance between him and Miri.

Chairman--

Seriously, does the chairman have someone to go to the bathroom for him.

What exactly does he do except for harass people.

IS is suppose to raise TJ, monitor and control his wife, and take care of his young son?

I wonder who he outsourced the conception of his children to? #annoying.

Chairman was in full misogynistic mode today. It was like the writer decided we hadn't picked up on the behavior and decided to have the chairman spill the vitriol.

@larus Maybe Jin Soo's issue can be considered similar to internet gaming addiction.

One issue with Jin Soo's behavior is that not only did he not sell his super expensive toys to help support the household, he is now spending money/ renting a hotel room for his expensive toys, therefore keeping money that the family sorely need.  Basically those toys are as expensive as an unemployed mistress.

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Chairman--

Seriously, does the chairman has someone to go to the bathroom for him.

IS is suppose to raise TJ, monitor and control his wife, and take care of his young son?

:w00t:

Chairman is useless. I wish to see one day the moment when In Sook will say NO! What he will do? He will chose another person to be his punching bag. Or maybe he will respect her more. I don`t know. I don`t like to watch this abuse.

I so love it when Tae Ju is standing ferm to him. He doesn`t take his bulshit. When he came from the Han River Park and asked him where he went and with whom, Tae Joo was honest. Maybe he realised that he did not have to lie (Cairman han already knew what he did at work). He will do what he wants and what it is right for him. 

The moment Tae Joo will not stand up for himself, he will become submissive, like In Sook in front of his father. Of course, she doesn`t have the same advantages.

The said to In Sook, that he will not die soon, they should not aspect him to die and to take the power in Hansung Group. The Chairman in not getting any younger. He is a suspisious man (a little paranoic) and from what I see he doesn`t have anybody to trust compleatly. That`s a sad life he lives. He can lose In Sook but he doesn`t afford to lose Tae Joo as well. He should not alianate their relationship.

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Basically those toys are as expensive as an unemployed mistress.

I know that it won`t take long until he will be discovered. They should let him only the bicycle. At least it is a healthy hobby. He will suffer for sure after his toys but he has to change.

I think Mi Sun will give him an ultimatum. Her and Da bin or his toys. I wish Mi Sun will leave him to see what he is losing and maybe he will realise that his family is more important than his toys. When he will grow up?

1 hour ago, hushhh said:

Me- It kind of bothers me that TJ is overlooking Miri's preference on behaving professionally at the office.

BUT--I'm tamping down my annoyance because I think TJ is being strategic more than he is being inconsiderate.

TJ's strategy.

1- TJ isn't just pursuing Miri at work but he is making it clear that he is the one who is smitten in the couple.

2- He isn't sneaking around with her, because when you sneak to do things it implies you think it is wrong and dirty.

3- Instead of asking her to come to him, which he can do using several made up reason he comes to her, in front  of her staff and repeatedly address her as someone with greater "status/knowledge" than he has himself.  [Or at least that is what I think was happening--the subs were unclear.]

4- In the cafeteria he broadcasts his pleasure at being in her company when she looks at best professional and in reality irritated at being put upon to eat with him. His performance of "open courtship" continues through the coffee, where he reverses the status expectation of the lower ranked colleague getting coffee and instead TJ, the higher ranked employee, serves Miri suggesting the interaction is a social or romantic relationship.

5-The drama make the strategic nature of TJ action clear when he realized and says out loud that having lunch with her in the cafeteria could be interpreted innocently as a director having lunch with a manager.

6- When you think about it, it seems TJ's strategy protects Miri from office gossip whether the relationship works out of not.  No reasonable person can say that Miri pursued TJ to move up the corporate ladder or for his money when it is clear he is the one "relentlessly" pursuing her. Instead if things don't work out, the reasonable people n the office should suggest Miri sue TJ for sexual harassment.  But when have people ever been reasonable in dramas?

I was happy that TJ got a chance to explain to Miri what his plans were before everything was exposed. 

Felt so sorry for TJ every time he referred to IS as his Mom, and explained IS's role in his life. Poor TJ didn't realize that every time the call IS Mom he widened the distance between him and Miri.

Chairman--

Seriously, does the chairman has someone to go to the bathroom for him.

Chairman was in full misogynistic mode today. It was like the writer decided we hadn't picked up on the behavior and decided to have the chairman spill the vitriol.

@hushhh You are right. It is TJ  making sure that he is seen as the one pursuing Mi Ri. I hope his strategy works and does not backfire on Mi Ri especially when IS and  chairman are involved. At the river he started holding her hands and saying something about how pretty she looks in her outfit and how he likes it and Mi Ri started getting annoyed and yelled "Yah HTG do you want to die " like the way she spoke to him when he was the newbie and she the boss and TJ was delighted. He said that finally Mi Ri is back. Maybe that is part of his strategy too, to make her drop her shield and become comfortable with him again. 

3 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

At the river he started holding her hands and saying something about how pretty she looks in her outfit and how he likes it and Mi Ri started getting annoyed and yelled "Yah HTG do you want to die " like the way she spoke to him when he was the newbie and she the boss and TJ was delighted. He said that finally Mi Ri is back.

It was a nice scene.  Nice to see Tae Joo enjoying seing glimses of the old Mi Ri. I also liked that Tae Joo said to MI Ri that he is still the newbie Tae Joo she felt in love. She let her guard down a little but I understand her position, why she is against a realtionship with him now. 

Why we have to see in kdramas complicated love stories? :phew:

Hi who usually posts the joonvideo links please? I missed the first 10 min or so so don't know what happened at MR's office.

Not paying much attention to the lunch MS had with Dabin and the babysitter. Nothing significant about the conversation except about the babysitter regretting not being a working person vs housewife etc.

Then took time out because Jin Soo bought more toys. The guy spends so much on his men toys.

Went off because MS in laws were talking about his behaviour with the pharmacist.

I came back to TJ speaking and confessing to Asst T/L Park that he likes MR and is meeting her. And he wants to marry. I almost spit out my drink like Asst T/L Park.

I am not going to talk about MR meeting Chairman Han. I am spitting chips. We all know he's a MCP but man the way he talk to MR about what being a wife in that family was so insulting and sneering. I also didn't like what KMR said about her feelings and goals. It's going to come back and bite her.

Holy tamales. I can't recap tonight. WJ was listing the reasons why he is unsuitable and listing MH's attributes.

But the reason why I am reeling is TJ turning up in his shinip sawon type of clothes ( new graduate hire ) and a flower bouquet. Plus MR's carpark confession. Must admit once I heard the holding hands request my brain shut down. No further compute. Well I did but conversation too heavy to summarize.

Mama mia what episode are we at again?

37 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

am not going to talk about MR meeting Chairman Han. I am spitting chips. We all know he's a MCP but man the way he talk to MR about what being a wife in that family was so insulting and sneering. I also didn't like what KMR said about her feelings and goals. It's going to come back and bite her.

I don`t know what they talked about but Chairman laughed after she left. Maybe he likes what she said. I also hope it was not going to use it against her later. 

Tae Joo went to Sun ja restaurant. After she was mad at him, she finally said that she loves him. It was a lovely scene when she could not hide her feelings anymore. :P

Mi Hye is "crazy". :w00t: She went drunk to see his crush. I laughed when she went to sleap at Woo Jin`s couch to his frustration.

Jin Soo... what a jump! He run for his life! :D When Mi Sun will leave this imature man?

I hope she won`t listen to In Sook. I wish Mi Ri will tell Tae Joo the truth about their conection.

OMG... Chairman Han is reading Mi Ri`s file. I think it is a matter of time until he finds out.

Wait a minute... He already knows? I lost the conection at the last scene.

The preview...

I don`t think he knows yet. Chairman wants to meet Sun Ja. Finally. I waited for this scene for so long.

She was so drunk then confessed. Then she was crying up a storm with JB about how many ppl knew she liked WJ. But it was more embarrassing when JB listed the number of ppl who knew he likes MH.

I was sorry for WJ who seems to not think highly of his own background. And oh yeah, why did SJ call IS and ask about the guy- means TJ- MR is meeting. Has everyone had amnesia for over 20yrs? Hello. This is the woman who abandoned hee daughter. Her biological contribution should stay at just the ovum level thanks.

MS was chasing him because it's the weekend. And only 8am and he was giving excuses.

Addit-

Marry Tae Ju. I am satisfied. Become my daughter in law. Marry Tae Ju. Plus another line which I think I understood the word but won't write down unless I hear it again when the video comes out.

Preview SJ meets the Chairman. Plus meets IS. And I can't be bothered summarizing it.

I am going to sleep. Can't recall the word for word at the end. I missed out 2 sentences I think. But need to sleep early so can't wait for the joonvideo. 

Night all.

15 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I actually felt sorry for WJ when he talked about himself to his friend.

What did he say? I have a feelings he restrains his emotion all the time. Maybe he suffered a lot in the past and he doesn`t wait to het "burned" again.

15 minutes ago, larus said:

What did he say? I have a feelings he restrains his emotion all the time. Maybe he suffered a lot in the past and he doesn`t wait to het "burned" again.

I need a video to actually listen.  But didn't the Sat epidode explained about the wringer he went though with Hee Jin anyway? But the gist was that he is divorced and he said a lot more. And something she will get over the hurt. And something about JB being there. But he said something about what kind of girl and household she comes from. I will need a video. I can't recall the exact word used.

That's why I said I can't recap. My Korean is not good enough to pick up every line. But the general feeling is that he doesn't even put himself out into the dating market. And the friend asked him about Hee Jin. There were 3 conversations tonight right. MR and JB. WJ and his friend. WJ and MH.  Sounds like that plot is taking off.

But I was skipping in and out of the video since if I watch it I normally only watch TJ anyway. It's just that with live streaming I can't fast forward.

However I have an early work start tomorrow so off to bed.

55 minutes ago, larus said:

Mi Hye is "crazy". :w00t: She went drunk to see his crush. I laughed when she went to sleap at Woo Jin`s couch to his frustratio

What will KDs be without drunken admissions? We had MS being drunk And telling off her MIL, MR got drunk and ended up in bed with TJ and now the youngest needs a drunken scene to confess her feelings to WJ.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, larus said:

The preview...

I don`t think he knows yet. Chairman wants to meet Sun Ja. Finally. I waited for this scene for so lon

I know I know... Chairman felt something familiar about SJ, met her and heaven's above :crazy: MS is really TJ's sister. There TJ-MR! Try to marry them off if you can. Sorry people.. I think bringing in more characters are getting to me. There are 50 more episodes! Did you know WJ's father is one of the characters given in the beginning. He should be popping up soon after second wife, half brother and possibly WJ's ex. So crowded.

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

TJ is not blood related to MR. And IS is his aunt. MR is her daughter with the first husband.

WJ's father is dead. They visited the ashes.

What are you trying to explain?

I think she was kidding. There are lots of episodes but it is no need for this show to go makjang. I like it because of that.

In the preview, Sun ja is talking with In Sook. I think she is telling Sun Ja to don`t say anything about her.

It is the first to see in kdramas a confesion sitting down on the asphalt. :P

55 minutes ago, maribella said:

I know I know... Chairman felt something familiar about SJ, met her and heaven's above :crazy: MS is really TJ's sister. There TJ-MR! Try to marry them off if you can. Sorry people.. I think bringing in more characters are getting to me. There are 50 more episodes! Did you know WJ's father is one of the characters given in the beginning. He should be popping up soon after second wife, half brother and possibly WJ's ex. So crowded.

Ikr. It’s a family drama so everyone gets their own storyline throughout the 50 episodes. And a few more added characters thrown around everywhere everytime. I might swear off fam dramas after this because of its lengthiness and it’s so spread out. Hang in there. As an afterthought, WJ’s father might make an appearance as part of backstory. Who knows?

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I think she was kidding. There are lots of episodes but it is no need for this show to go makjang. I like it because of that.

In the preview, Sun ja is talking with In Sook. I think she is telling Sun Ja to don`t say anything about her.

It is the first to see in kdramas a confesion sitting down on the asphalt. :P

She confessed! Yassss! 

8 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

She confessed! Yassss! 

Yeah.... The important thing is that she confessed her feelings. She did not hide it anymore.

She surprised even Tae Joo. :lol:

Now she has to tell him about In Sook as soon as possible. I wish she won`t listen to In Sook but they need a little drama so the writer will drag this. But the writer surprised me often. Let it be again one of this times.

29 minutes ago, larus said:

Yeah.... The important thing is that she confessed her feelings. She did not hide it anymore.

She surprised even Tae Joo. :lol:

Now she has to tell him about In Sook as soon as possible. I wish she won`t listen to In Sook but they need a little drama so the writer will drag this. But the writer surprised me often. Let it be again one of this times.

I was banking on the writer’s unpredictability which was why i was kinda hooked to this drama. I just wish they won’t have to keep the mother-daughter secret for long. Give us more surprises and twists to keep us all alive and excited again. Btw how are the ratings lately. Haven’t checked. 

7 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Btw how are the ratings lately. Haven’t checked. 

They are good. The same. 22/28% Saturday episode.

7 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I was banking on the writer’s unpredictability which was why i was kinda hooked to this drama. I just wish they won’t have to keep the mother-daughter secret for long. Give us more surprises and twists to keep us all alive and excited again.

It really depends on  the writer. So far she managed to do well. The last half of a drama is the hardest part. 

Archived