[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

larus

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

However, now that the chairman has tested MR's love for TJ and her savvy and command of company business as well as her loyalty to the company, he now orders her to marry TJ. MR is useful to the chairman to keep In Sook in check and make TJ seriously concentrate on learning the business. For the chairman, he found a power couple for his company.

I hope that before the marriage even happens, MiRi demands a prenup to protect herself and her family from the chairman’s machinations, both in forms of monetary cushions and professional manipulations. She has to be wiser than this following IS and the philandering wife’s examples. 

1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

This will show what TJ is made of when he learns of the secret. Will it break him or will it arouse and galvanize the determination of TJ to be self reliant, competent and solid in his  love for MR or will he let the elders use him as fodder in a fight to fulfill their selfish ambitions especially IS whom he regarded with love as his mother?

Tae Joo is learning the ropes of businesss acumen but adding his own liberal and compassionate values. I hope his father learns from him. 

3 hours ago, hushhh said:

IS is very poorly written.  Either IS is a one dimensional character or there more going on than we see.

If there is more going on than status hunger and insecurity, the writers withholding information in order to build mystery is not working.The actress is working so hard to create complexity, but the written material is not supporting her at all. 

This seems to be the central theme that binds the entire story through. I wish that this gets resolved the soonest and create a new set of conflict instead because however one looks at the problem, it can be resolved by telling the truth. Tae Joo will still protect her from his father at all cost so it’s just her guilty conscience that’s keeping her in a bind. Because she’ll be exposed as THAT mother who abandoned her kid. Own it up already, IS! 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I hope that before the marriage even happens, MiRi demands a prenup to protect herself and her family from the chairman’s machinations, both in forms of monetary cushions and professional manipulations. She has to be wiser than this following IS and the philandering wife’s examples

I think from her confrontations and experience with the chairman, she will be wise and smartto demand a prenup and I hoping that TJ will actually be the one to suggest it. 

16 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Tae Joo is learning the ropes of businesss acumen but adding his own liberal and compassionate values. I hope his father learns from him. 

I hope that TJ will keep to his promise that he will understand, support and love MR no matter what the reasons for her reluctance in telling him about what is keeping her from a commitment. That he will be steadfast in loving her. 

5 hours ago, Sheenigummy said:

dislike the chairman immensely but then I do understand where he's coming from. He must have distrusted IS from the start for knowing that she was so ready t

I am amazed that dress could reach the actress without leaving a trail of people rolling on the floor. But I guess when they are being paid and we aren't, it is easy for us to laugh.

The Chairman has been portrayed increasingly as a chauvinist pig, so his distrust and dislike of IS may be strong even if she were an eligible bachelor woman. Being a widow from a poor family who only relied on looks to marry his brother may be galling to him. She has not done anything to command respect from him anyway. I would say grovelling is an apt word describing her interactions with him. No doubt he is a bully, he is obviously enjoying himself bullying whenever IS came to see him. 

I am all for TJ making known to everyone he loves her. They are both hardworking, smart and capable. They don't have to stay in Korea to work. I won't be surprised if much of the startup money for Hansung was from his mother. We don't know anything about her.

35 minutes ago, maribella said:

I won't be surprised if much of the startup money for Hansung was from his mother. We don't know anything about her.

its HANSUNG group.. so it could have been chairman han and money from TJ’s granddad (TJ’s mom family) with a joint startup business :grimace: or who knows, another old sly fox chairman sung will appear and kick this old sly fox chairman han.. hahahahaha i like old men wrestling scene for some humor in this drama!! :glasses:

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

yay for arthdal chronicles too!! haha im watching both.. and there’s 2 more new ones in july.. hotel del luna and watcher (fortunately the first chapter of A.C. ended last weekend so i get a little break)

Hey, @sadthe1stgive me five...i watched Arthdal chronicles too. Initially, it was hard to digest it on first EP due to the complexity of the character roles and the story happened in ancient fantasy context, but luckily i have enough patience to watch through. :PTo my surprise, the story is quite appealing -big cast production, A-class actors, and beautiful scenery plus special effect, how can I resist it? Story Similar to game of thrones and lords of the rings. The only pity - it breaks away into 3 seasons to watch...kinda lack of momentum for me. :crazy: Is there another forum discussion for AC drama?

Anyway, My current top priority drama to watch is still Mother of Mine :lol:

@sadthe1st @lebeaucouple I am watching it too. I skipped a fair bit because I couldn't stand the violence. So will have to read the forum to understand it.

I think Chairman Han is descended from those people. He continued carrying their vicious violent genes but lost the muscular  he-man look to look like now. :D 

The last time I questioned how Rain could have such short parents in Full house, someone told me that it was offensive to Koreans. So I am not going to ask of TJ either. It is a burning question in my brain though. :lol: 

36 minutes ago, maribella said:

@sadthe1st @lebeaucouple I am watching it too. I skipped a fair bit because I couldn't stand the violence. So will have to read the forum to understand it.

I think Chairman Han is descended from those people. He continued carrying their vicious violent genes but lost the muscular  he-man look to look like now. :D 

The last time I questioned how Rain could have such short parents in Full house, someone told me that it was offensive to Koreans. So I am not going to ask of TJ either. It is a burning question in my brain though. :lol: 

Pretty chingu,  @sadthe1st, has invited me to that AC discussion forum, very insightful discussion there.You can join in as well - a very impressive storyline that involved mind game and strategies....my cup of tea :P

1 hour ago, maribella said:

So I am not going to ask of TJ either. It is a burning question in my brain though. :lol: 

Since it is a burning question, I will attempt to guess an answer that the grandparents from mother side are of towering and lofty side? :lol:

I noticed that Chairman Han asked his secretary to have a background check on Mi Ri again (about her family members and about Mi Ri from elementary school to university) behind In Sook and Director Park`s back. Elementary school? :lol:

But that means he already suspects that Director Park is not totally loyal to him, that he might be on In Sook`s side.

I think Han Jong soo`s secretary is on In Sook`s side too. I don`t think he gave him all the information either. When In Sook left Chairman`s office, she said that she heard about him from Director Park and well done. He responded that he will try to serve her better. Director Park was Chairman Han`s man of confidence for many years but he got bribed and decided to betrayed Chairman Han for In Sook. Now we see that Chairman`s personal secretary is Director Park`s man as well so, he will serve In Sook. No wonder Han Jong Soo is a little paranoid and doesn`t trust anyone.

Another thing... Chairman Han said "Life is hard. My wife and sons. I don`t like any of them." I hope he just said it and not really things that way. I see why he  doesn`t like the wife right now but the sons? The way I explain the scene. Maybe he is sad that he doesn`t have anyone who is strong enough to "survive" in the corporation. He sees Tae Joo too naive and soft right now. 

1 hour ago, larus said:

Another thing... Chairman Han said "Life is hard. My wife and sons. I don`t like any of them." I hope he just said it and not really things that way. I see why he  doesn`t like the wife right now but the sons?

he wished he had a daughter so independent and capable like MR.. haha :tounge_xd: the women in his life (not sure about TJ’s mom) are all after his wealth.. no dragons, just worms.

36 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

he wished he had a daughter so independent and capable like MR.. haha 

I think he likes her spunk. Like he said, he really can read a person`s character.  He already had a good impression of her but after he read her biography, he realised that he could not get a better woman for his son. I laughed when he said it is an order for her to marry Tae Joo. :D

A scene for the OTP and anAd in the same time.  :D

7 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

Pretty chingu,  @sadthe1st, has invited me to that AC discussion forum, very insightful discussion there.You can join in as well - a very impressive storyline that involved mind game and strategies....my cup of tea :P

Too much blood and violence, but still I like the OTP. Yes will drop in.

IS is the underlying problem for MR and has been since she left her in front of her aunt's restaurant.

MR holds ALL of the cards here. She has an excellent and proven track record with Hansung. She is the centerpiece in several of their deals. She holds TJ's heart in the palm of her hand AND she holds the biggest secret that IS has ever had against the Chairman. She is in no way in a weak position, the problem is she is weak to her biological mother, and if we are honest SJ is weak to IS as well. If MR was really about that life where she wants to be ambitious and stop at nothing to replace IS, she would've already cut a deal with the Chairman and told him the full truth about their relationship. That way, it absolves her of any future fault and wrongdoing. It also puts her in the driver's seat re: her position in the company. The chairman can't fire her over this, one word from her and that Hansung stock would crumple. Instead, the Chairman would be indebted to her and she would be almost guaranteed to get into that position. It wouldn't be a stretch either. She has been at the company almost a decade and if she has kept quiet about her mammy this long, she can continue. But I knew the moment IS paged her to her home in the middle of the night and MR walked in there looking vulnerable that this was her weak point. She is angry, mad even at IS, but she does not want to replace her and that is why she is at a disadvantage. IS knows this and is using this bit of power to control and manipulate her and SJ.

I am not a fan of TJ openly pursuing MR at work. She has already been gossiped about due to his appointment preempting what should've been rightfully hers. Now, she has to be subjected to ridicule and office gossip so he can have his way? No. He needs to be more mature and cognizant of what she has to deal with as a woman in that company. Don't tell me you love me, SHOW ME. Right now, he is coming off selfish and naive.

JS running around in his rented room playing dungeons and dragons with all of his toys like he is some 12 year-old is tired. The whole story line of his father constantly spewing his disgust at his mother because she isn't coddling him all of the time is tired. At this point, he is looking for a reason to fight with her so he can run back down to the pharmacy to flirt and receive attention from the pharmacist. Throw the whole family away! MO and her husband need some time apart. She needs a life OUTSIDE of their home. Her giving up her activities and social clubs is like a dam about to burst. Her husband is having a hard time dealing with being older and he is projecting that onto his wife although she doesn't feel the same way. MS needs to divorce JS. He is a selfish rat who puts his every waking desire over EVERYONE. I literally cannot stand him. He is not fit at all for marriage, it is time to step up and admit it at this point.

I really wish MH had more confidence as a woman. Yes, we the viewer know that WJ has already fallen for her, but because he is so self conscious about being a divorcee, he is determined to hold her at a distance. Fine. I would give him all of the space in the world. The last time she did that, he showed up at her mom's restaurant. She is starting to get needy and clingy, like JB, which she should already realize is not it. Peter needs to stop giving unsolicited advice to JB. Putting him on a diet is not going to get him the girl. Looks are one thing, but personality and chemistry is another. He and MH have very different personalities and there is zero romantic chemistry between them. It is time to move on.

18 hours ago, larus said:

A scene for the OTP and anAd in the same time.  :D

I really love it when “Color of my life” has returned to our regular programming. It’s the prelude of feel-good moments for our OTP :wub:

13 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

MR holds ALL of the cards here. She has an excellent and proven track record with Hansung. She is the centerpiece in several of their deals. She holds TJ's heart in the palm of her hand AND she holds the biggest secret that IS has ever had against the Chairman. She is in no way in a weak position, the problem is she is weak to her biological mother, and if we are honest SJ is weak to IS as well. If MR was really about that life where she wants to be ambitious and stop at nothing to replace IS, she would've already cut a deal with the Chairman and told him the full truth about their relationship. That way, it absolves her of any future fault and wrongdoing. It also puts her in the driver's seat re: her position in the company. The chairman can't fire her over this, one word from her and that Hansung stock would crumple. Instead, the Chairman would be indebted to her and she would be almost guaranteed to get into that position. It wouldn't be a stretch either. She has been at the company almost a decade and if she has kept quiet about her mammy this long, she can continue. But I knew the moment IS paged her to her home in the middle of the night and MR walked in there looking vulnerable that this was her weak point. She is angry, mad even at IS, but she does not want to replace her and that is why she is at a disadvantage. IS knows this and is using this bit of power to control and manipulate her and SJ.

Truth! MR is in a very weakened and vulnerable state lately, what with suitor/bf, bio- and adoptive moms deciding for her. Someone should point out all her best assets as you’ve mentioned to get her confidence and spunk back. Or Samchon Young Dal should be the one to whisper these into SJ’s ears. She gives her strength. She should really put an end to listening to IS just because she thinks she’s uneducated, therefore, unqualified to support her daughter through these times. I bet before MR can tell the truth to the chairman, IS with her wicked and twisted ways will bend the truth and throw her daughter under the bus again. 

Good times for this drama. Lots of speculations. Can’t wait for weekend when it’s only a monday. 

20 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

he wished he had a daughter so independent and capable like MR.. haha :tounge_xd: the women in his life (not sure about TJ’s mom) are all after his wealth.. no dragons, just worms.

Is that why he ordered her to marry his son so she can be his daughter in law? He wants to have a dragon as his daughter....

TJ is like a child who wants a toy, seeking help from everyone to get it. He doesn't care much about what the people say, about the gossip in the company where both of them are working. TJ is rushing things without considering MR`s position and and all the hard work she has done for years to get in the place she is right now. He is cute and cheerful, he is the kind of guy MR needs in her life, because all she had was study and hard work. TJ indeed brings a colour to her life, but he needs to grow up fast because he doesn't know how things work in the company and his adolescent behaviour could bring her much harm.

The other childish ones are MH, JB and even Peter…  It was so hilarious how Peter`s micromanagement fell apart when MH didn`t come to work.  After  he learned that MH likes Mr. Darcy type of guys,  he decided that he will help  JB to become like that. Only that JB occasionally is more like cousin Collins from the same book. JB doesn`t care a bit about how MH feels or what she wants, he is determined to follow her around like he did before.  He just doesn't want to leave his comfort zone, he is more happy doing this, even if he knows that he is going nowhere with it. JB wants that one apple from the tree without caring that other appeals might be more sweet or tasteful, he just wants the one he can`t reach.

In the meantime MH,  now conscious of her feelings toward  WJ, starts to act exactly like JB. She is just a spoiled kid who likes someone for the first time in her life.

WJ, her knight in shiny armour, needs a shield, and who else would that be? His ex-wife. Now he has to protect himself from MH, whom he considered a kid, and let her come to close to him.  WJ in a way is like MR, both with issues from the childhood, both workaholics , they need some “craziness” in their life to get out of the shell, and even have a life outside work.

We see why MH said that JB was more like family than friend to her, when JB came to console her, it was a warm family atmosphere.

The king of childish is JS with his obsessive compulsive behaviour. Now, is not that he keeps in his possession expensive toys,  but buys new ones as well, and plays with them like a little boy. He just needs an addiction treatment, a cold shower ( if MS leaves him) to wake up…  MS was pretty childish as well in the beginning, but somehow she managed to be more responsible lately. A few episodes back when MS and JS were fighting in the park about the bicycle, and she threw her shoe was… too much….

I don`t know what MR will do about  that dictator Chairman`s order to marry TJ, but she must be very careful, because IS will want to drag them all in her swamp of lies.

4 minutes ago, zenya22 said:

Is that why he ordered her to marry his son so she can be his daughter in law? He wants to have a dragon as his daughter....

its just another aspect of gathering and strengthening capable talents under his belt for hansung group.. its all for business and wealth i believe. its either chairman han finds another conglomerate daughter to marry with TJ to strengthen wealth or like what wang wei advises, to have MR marry TJ and help the business with her capability.. family ties are easier to manipulate than business partners :grimace:

2 hours ago, denise_b said:

I don`t know what MR will do about  that dictator Chairman`s order to marry TJ, but she must be very careful, because IS will want to drag them all in her swamp of lies.

I hope she will tell the truth. Now, it is the best oportunity. If I was the writer, I would have kept the scene of Mi Ri`s answer hidden and reveal it a little later that Mi Ri told the Chairman the truth.  Or at least she should tell the truth to Tae Joo like she intended to do. Both Mi Ri and Sun ja are hesitating because of In Sook`s pleas but both should not listen to her at all.

TJ indeed brings a colour to her life, but he needs to grow up fast because he doesn't know how things work in the company and his adolescent behaviour could bring her much harm.

I agree. But I was thinking that people at work will find the news of their marriage anyway. At least some will know that he was interested in her from the time he was a newbie. Not that this count very much. Either way, people would have talked, there would have been gossips anyway. 

It is good that he decided to wait in the end. I would not like to see many scene with Tae Joo persuing Mi Ri at work.

WJ in a way is like MR, both with issues from the childhood, both workaholics , they need some “craziness” in their life to get out of the shell, and even have a life outside work.

I was thinking the same way. Both have a romantic interest someone who is cherful, like a medicine the doctor wordered. :D Woo jin has a stronger dose in Mi Hye. :w00t:

I can`t wait to see Sun ja and Han Jong Soo`s meeting. I know that she will be a little overwhelmed but I am sure she will give a good reply to the chairman. I have a feeling that Tae Joo`s father find honest people like Sun Ja refreshing.

Archived