Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] My Prettiest Daughter In The World/ Mother of Mine, 세상에서 제일 예쁜 내 딸

19 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

TJ is not blood related to MR. And IS is his aunt. MR is her daughter with the first husband.

WJ's father is dead. They visited the ashes.

What are you trying to explain?

I think she was kidding. There are lots of episodes but it is no need for this show to go makjang. I like it because of that.

In the preview, Sun ja is talking with In Sook. I think she is telling Sun Ja to don`t say anything about her.

It is the first to see in kdramas a confesion sitting down on the asphalt. :P

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, maribella said:

I know I know... Chairman felt something familiar about SJ, met her and heaven's above :crazy: MS is really TJ's sister. There TJ-MR! Try to marry them off if you can. Sorry people.. I think bringing in more characters are getting to me. There are 50 more episodes! Did you know WJ's father is one of the characters given in the beginning. He should be popping up soon after second wife, half brother and possibly WJ's ex. So crowded.

Ikr. It’s a family drama so everyone gets their own storyline throughout the 50 episodes. And a few more added characters thrown around everywhere everytime. I might swear off fam dramas after this because of its lengthiness and it’s so spread out. Hang in there. As an afterthought, WJ’s father might make an appearance as part of backstory. Who knows?

29 minutes ago, larus said:

I think she was kidding. There are lots of episodes but it is no need for this show to go makjang. I like it because of that.

In the preview, Sun ja is talking with In Sook. I think she is telling Sun Ja to don`t say anything about her.

It is the first to see in kdramas a confesion sitting down on the asphalt. :P

She confessed! Yassss! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

She confessed! Yassss! 

Yeah.... The important thing is that she confessed her feelings. She did not hide it anymore.

She surprised even Tae Joo. :lol:

Now she has to tell him about In Sook as soon as possible. I wish she won`t listen to In Sook but they need a little drama so the writer will drag this. But the writer surprised me often. Let it be again one of this times.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, larus said:

Yeah.... The important thing is that she confessed her feelings. She did not hide it anymore.

She surprised even Tae Joo. :lol:

Now she has to tell him about In Sook as soon as possible. I wish she won`t listen to In Sook but they need a little drama so the writer will drag this. But the writer surprised me often. Let it be again one of this times.

I was banking on the writer’s unpredictability which was why i was kinda hooked to this drama. I just wish they won’t have to keep the mother-daughter secret for long. Give us more surprises and twists to keep us all alive and excited again. Btw how are the ratings lately. Haven’t checked. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

Btw how are the ratings lately. Haven’t checked. 

They are good. The same. 22/28% Saturday episode.

7 minutes ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I was banking on the writer’s unpredictability which was why i was kinda hooked to this drama. I just wish they won’t have to keep the mother-daughter secret for long. Give us more surprises and twists to keep us all alive and excited again.

It really depends on  the writer. So far she managed to do well. The last half of a drama is the hardest part. 

• Like 9

wow! its going to be another rollercoaster ride for MR? :frown: here chairman han seems supportive of TJ and MR marriage and meets up with SJ.. there, the cursed secret of IS and MR as mother and daughter *facepalm*

im just catching snippets from IG on the episodes..

as if being tired of MH-WJ-JB scenes isnt enough, that JS is getting on my nerves with his toys as well.. soon the remaining episodes are going to be fast forwarding all scenes with these people and left with only 30% worth watching :grimace:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, larus said:

They are good. The same. 22/28% Saturday episode.

It really depends on  the writer. So far she managed to do well. The last half of a drama is the hardest part. 

Good to know. I hope we get to see more tender moments between MR and TJ again soon. 

What’s the deal with the entrance to the chairman’s study? One day it’s the long hallway with a doorman, then by the living room the next? Or does he have two rooms? 

Jin Soo simply needs a man cave for his toys. WHEN he can be a responsible father and husband, asking for it is not a big of a deal anymore. 

Kim So Yeon’s height difference from HJH was further emphasized when she wasn’t wearing high heels. He had to bend down really low for that hug :lol:

Language question: i have heard Sun Ja refer to Da Bin with pet names but in korean language it sounds like it ends with _____seki? My apologies if the word is inappropriate. I’m confuzzled as it is. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

wow! its going to be another rollercoaster ride for MR? :frown: here chairman han seems supportive of TJ and MR marriage and meets up with SJ.. there, the cursed secret of IS and MR as mother and daughter *facepalm* 

It is so unfair. Mi Ri had to suffer because she was abandoned by her mother and now, after 30 years, she will have problems because she is the biological daughter? In Sook is so selfish. She says all the time how bad it will be for both of them when Chairman finds out, because they are related. Maybe it will be bad but Mi ri and Sun ja don`t have to be manipulated to lie for her.  I wish they reveal the truth.Too bad for the Chairman or who the hell will be against Mi Ri. Tae Joo found a very good woman. If he won`t realise that it is not Mi Ri`s fault at all, he doesn`t deserve to have her in their life. He doesn`t deserve a good son either. 

The preview

• Like 6

skipping through the raws.

Question: Does anyone ever have a conversation with the chairman without shouting sajangnim at least once?

TJ: So while I understand what he's doing I'm still on the fence about him dragging his "relationship" with Miri out for inspection, when she hasn't even agreed to the relationship. Just because someone loves you, doesn't mean they are willing to have a relationship with you. As divorce couples.  Sometimes they may still love each other but can't figure out a way to be together.

The office gossip: I know he is meant to be comic relief, but I just find him cringemaking.

IS: She need a friend to stop her from drunk dialing her ex [daughter]. lol

--I think the plotline of the chairman taking everything away from his wife and family is meant to show that IS fears aren't without basis.

--I was going to write something else, but I'm tired of IS and her wanting EVERYFREAKINGPERSON to put her needs before their own when she hasn't done anything for them except push a child out of the birth canal 30+ years ago. What can I say I've run out of patience/out of sympathy.

The Jung Husbands: --MiSun's husband's shopping is an addiction.  He should get help or go live in his parent's basement. [Unfortunately they don't have a basement.] He and his father should just go live in that man playroom he's created in the hotel.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this is discussed already. This is a separate topic from the MR and TJ drama. 

I can see this drama coming full circle with MH is the writer and JB the screen writer writing out the drama script. MH is currently writing a novel about a mother and her 3 daughters, and JB is the famous screen writer. Their partnership as a family is what will bring together the ending. Kinda like a story within a story feel. If this drama ends well, with high ratings this will definitely be interesting to see. The characters MR, TJ, IS, SJ, etc aren't acting a drama, but are characters within a drama written by MH and JB. 

Just some thoughts :D

• Like 3

Thank you to KTY’s stylist for finally giving him a haircut!

• LOL 5

@Dyslexic heart please don't take this the wrong way when I explain this. It is used as an affectionate term. It is 새끼 sae- kki. Used for an older person addressing a younger person esp if its their child. It must be used to someone close to the person saying it through. The same reason why you hear " nyeon " used in other dramas. It is an unfortunate fact that I picked up the art of swearing when learning Korean. People don't realize it but I actually picked up the exact meaning of cursing when subbing and translating those curses. There is a full version of these 2 terms and what the actual full profanities are/ mean.

@larus gotcha. Off to work. Another week of torture waiting till Sat night. With no spoilers from the station. Grrr....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

@Dyslexic heart please don't take this the wrong way when I explain this. It is used as an affectionate term. It is 새끼 sae- kki. Used for an older person addressing a younger person esp if its their child. It must be used to someone close to the person saying it through. The same reason why you hear " nyeon " used in other dramas. It is an unfortunate fact that I picked up the art of swearing when learning Korean. People don't realize it but I actually picked up the exact meaning of cursing when subbing and translating those curses. There is a full version of these 2 terms and what the actual full profanities are/ mean.

I totally understand. Must be those cuss words used as terms of endearment by old people who curse a lot on those they are very close to. Mostly by parents and grandparents to their little rascals. Thanks for clearing it up for me. 

• Like 4

Just watched eps51-52 raw. It looks like IS is refusing to announce motherhood again. My guess is Chairman Han is going to find out about it himself, making it worse than being told. 

MR asked IS why she was putting up with all that when her husband left her a big fortune. She said that she didn't know why.

So I am thinking: how else are they going to redeem her? No axe to grind, no wrong to be made right.

That dress with a huge bow is so ugly B). Poor actress, I have always seen her well dressed. We thought she was agonising over her mother daughter issue but it could well be that dress. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

3 hours ago, maribella said:

That dress with a huge bow is so ugly B). Poor actress, I have always seen her well dressed. We thought she was agonising over her mother daughter issue but it could well be that dress. :)

It seemed like a house dress trying to look glamorous. Anyhow, it could have been sponsored... but still. 

When the chairman was projecting his wife’s philandering ways on MiRi and she called him out for it, he was testing her grit and values which ended up with a decision  of marriage. But darn, he is so wishy-washy it hurts my brain. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, hushhh said:

TJ: So while I understand what he's doing I'm still on the fence about him dragging his "relationship" with Miri out for inspection, when she hasn't even agreed to the relationship. Just because someone loves you, doesn't mean they are willing to have a relationship with you. As divorce couples.  Sometimes they may still love each other but can't figure out a way to be together.

Thank goodness he conceded to keeping the courtship low key again if she agrees on meeting him every now and then. Although it’s a plan in itself to make his intentions known, it is partly harrassment on her part while blatantly challenging his father. Mr han knows his son is headstrong. 

• Like 7

@maribellaThat dress with the huge bow really is ugly! For a moment I thought she was wearing a dressing gown on top of her dress and she'd casually swung the dressing gown over her shoulder and didn't put it on properly. Geez...I agree that poo poo is going to hit the fan when the chairman finds out about IS. 

I dislike the chairman immensely but then I do understand where he's coming from. He must have distrusted IS from the start for knowing that she was so ready to abandon her daughter to marry into the family and then he too must know that She has never looked for or bothered about her daughter. I think there's long standing distrust towards IS on the chairman's part and that whole notion that she was a gold digger. So technically she has spoilt it for MR and TJ. IS really takes the cake as one of the worst Kdrama mothers ever. I don't like how she calls MR to her place when no one is on her side. Like what was she expecting? For MR to console and comfort her after she threw her under the bus? Apart from lending her womb to MR for 9 months there's really no other motherly qualities that IS has showed towards MR. Yes I am aware that there are circumstances that lead people to abandon their children BUT...even after all these years did she redeem herself? No. Was she happy to see her daughter? No. She only thought about her supposedly miserable position within the family that she was trying so hard to protect. Well she keeps throwing herself a pity party and insisting that her life isn't as great as everyone thinks it is but then she doesn't follow that up with her actions. She's a bit nutty this IS.

OHHHH MY HEART...it cannot simply beat properly seeing all those scenes with TJ and MR. On one hand I'm so torn between berating TJ for being so forward and on the other hand I'm so upset for him that it's no fault of his that they can't be together. I'm also glad that he got to explain his sincere feelings towards MR. I do however feel that he is aware of MR's insecurities and how she's a bit cynical and he's done well to explain what he planned to do once she got back from her business trip. I'm shipping this couple so hard and hoping that all ends well for them. Just hope it doesn't end up a Titanic :(

• Like 7

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

wow! its going to be another rollercoaster ride for MR? 

12 hours ago, Dyslexic heart said:

I was banking on the writer’s unpredictability which was why i was kinda hooked to this drama. I just wish they won’t have to keep the mother-daughter secret for long. Give us more surprises and twists to keep us all alive and excited again. Btw how are the ratings lately. Haven’t checked. 

Haha. agreed with both of you. :lol: That was the reason why i kept saying the storyline is the most important to any drama to hook on, which gave surprises and unpredictable plots at the end of each EP. I hope the writer can continue to give us more twists. :wub:

I like the best part of the latest ep was when MR trashed out her anger and emotion, and be candid to what she said and felt on their MR-TJ relationship. That explained why chairman han liked her alot as being a honest and capable woman. She did not swallow her pride but instead she said what she needed to say. MR was brave enough to do that. The anger shouting from Chairman Han and later move to his cunning and evil smile (after MR walked out from the room), I must give him applauded on that sudden shift of his facial expression, only "heavy-weight" and experience actor can portray that. :lol:

I found it very comical when i watched the office colleague, especially that Funny Mr Park was using the beckon hand, at the staff canteen....sometimes we need a relief plot from the tension came from the 4 entangle characters....

Going to China or not to,  I shall leave it to writer's paradigm shift mindset to create twists for next week ep....one thing for sure, adding more characters into the ep, like chairman wife and son move from US and his wife's brother may stir up more negativity and conflicts in the Hans family. Since we have so many ep to go, likely will have chance to see money and power struggling plots happening in the upcoming ep in Hans family. Lets see...

• Like 7

“Arthdal Chronicles” Recovers From Decline In Viewership With Latest Episode; “Mother Of Mine” Continues Winning Streak At No. 1

by E. Cha

46a9b6efd8f1407cb6a33ac379e9ea7b.jpeg?s=
Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” also enjoyed an increase in its viewership ratings from the night before. Continuing its reign as most-watched weekend drama, “Mother of Mine” scored average ratings of 26.7 percent and 31.8 percent nationwide for its June 16 broadcast.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

ust watched eps51-52 raw. It looks like IS is refusing to announce motherhood again. My guess is Chairman Han is going to find out about it himself, making it worse than being told. 

It is a minor problem who became bigger because the truth was not revealed at the time. And all of this because of In Sook`s insecurities. When even Chairman approved the marriage, it has to be In Sook... again. It will be worst that innocent people like Mi Ri and Sun ja were caught in her web of lies.

Kdrama fashion

Spoiler

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, larus said:

“Arthdal Chronicles” Recovers From Decline In Viewership With Latest Episode; “Mother Of Mine” Continues Winning Streak At No. 1

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Mother of Mine” also enjoyed an increase in its viewership ratings from the night before. Continuing its reign as most-watched weekend drama, “Mother of Mine” scored average ratings of 26.7 percent and 31.8 percent nationwide for its June 16 broadcast.

Assa! Really haven’t watched the other drama because the anxiety of watching Mother of Mine is already heavy to handle. I hope our writer here keeps it up till the end. 

• Like 2