[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Hi Folks,

I got to see the first two episodes late last night.  Like others, I am already addicted to this show.  Powerful acting in this one, especially on the part of SHS.  She brings everything she has to each of her performances.  Love her range from super dramatic to hilarious comedy.

Our angel Kim Dan is going to be a real scene stealer.  His antics are just fun to watch.  I can't wait for the subs to come out later today so I can watch this morning's two episodes.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, briseis said:

I have a confession to make - Dan's wings are beyond beautiful! I love how huge and pristine white they are with the celestial glow around them. It really makes him look otherwordly and angelic.

The only change  I would make is that when his wings get revealed, it would be nice if his entire body had a slight glow to it in that same lovely bluish white.  I love the chandelier scene where the wings spread out to protect LYS.  Their face to face encounter is just so powerful.

This scene from Ep2 which I love the detail of SHS's acting.

When she confronted with her aunt, at the outside she looks cold, strong and arrogant.

MBu54UW.png

But when she turned back and walked away out of others' sight, her face shown that inside she was just a heartbroken and fragile girl.

If you watch the scene closely you will see tear glittering in her eyes. :thumbsup:

ycMOvDF.png

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I guess your reply is meant for @thistle hehe.

thistle doesn't mind sharing ;)

It's true that I haven't fallen in love with this show as others have.  But I'm enjoying it, and that's a very good thing.  :)

I have just finished watching the first episode (1-2) and I really enjoyed it. First, I like that the ballet "swan lake" has even been embedded/incorporated in the drama: The story of the ballet is actually happening for real, yet the characters have no idea about it. The sweet and innocent Odette YS became the black swan after her tragic "accident", while Nina who was first Odile, the black swan, became the Odette. However, at the ceremony, YS is still called "Odette". I guess, the artistic director could be perceived as the prince: here seduction, deception will play a huge part.

In my opinion, YS was targeted and the result of her blindness was not an accident. To me, the conversation between Ru Na and Ni Na in the car gives us a clue that Ru Na could have been involved in the incident. First Ru Na told her sister NN that tragedy is just something random, people can not control fate: "Something tragic just happened to it. That's what tragedy is like for everyone". Furthermore with her words, she is also diminishing the terrible impact of the accident. While NN said that she had killed the cat, the sister denied it by saying that it was not intentional. But fact is that NN did kill the cat and since she was the one driving, she is partially to blame for that. The fact that RN is telling her that she is not responsible for the cat's death underlines her manipulative side. She is actually deforming reality in order to make it look harmless. Then RN mentions "tragedy" and I kept thinking about YS's fate. For her, it was a tragedy... but in reality, it was not a tragedy as someone had planned to hurt her. The sister could have been the one who decided to ruin YS's health in order to give NN the opportunity to shine. After the first episode, NN oozes "innocence" and "lack of confidence". However, I am expecting that NN will change and might turn into a black swan again, especially if she witnesses YS's return. 

It would be interesting to see that the aunt and cousins are both involved in YS's tragedies, but they are unaware of it, like the aunt planned the accident of YS's parents, while the daughter RN decided to help her sister who was suffering from being YS's shadow.   

@thistle Great that you are there!  

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

It's good to see you here @bebebisous33

Your analysis are as always on point and stimulating but i doubt this drama has enough "meat" to keep up the pace with your deduction skills. You have already resolved the mystery which is supposed to sustain us all season! :lol: 

I shouldn't be here: SO MANY spoilers!:scream:

And i wanted to write first a review for episodes 1-2. :cry:

But now i fell in hell (or is it paradise?) with those stunning gifs of our white angel protecting our wicked dark ballerina with his wings!:heart:

Damn those eyes contacts! The chemistry :love:   It's suddenly very hot in this thread! :naughty:

And in the previewr for next week: he's already trying to kiss her! Well that escalated quickly! :scream:

Taking the exit issue until i decide if i need a cold shower after all this passion or if i should rather come back with my beating gif (why so impatient, pretty angel?)....

Your comment made me laugh:lol:. To me, the mystery is not really solved because we don't know who ordered the hit on YS (the car accident). I just wrote a theory based on clues but nothing has been confirmed. Besides, it would be interesting to see if the aunt's husband is more involved. Sure, we can assume that YS's tragedies were created by humans...

Furthermore this drama has caught my attention because the script and cinematography are rich. The writer and director use metaphors and the ballet making it possible to analyze deeper. Notice the contrast in the following scene:

- YS dances in front of a huge window in the sun with no one looking at her (except the angel but she is not aware of his presence), while NN is dancing in front of the audience in a dark room. NN shines under an artificial light, so her fame seems to be artificial. This contrast (sun-artificial light; public - no one; in a bright and open area - the stage, closed room) underlines the difference between the two personalities:

- YS never danced in order to be famous, she loved dancing... she was naturally talented

- NN seems to dance in order to feel confident, she is definitely seeking fame, she had to work really hard in order to remain close to YS. I even think that NN without her family wouldn't have been able to become the "shadow" of YS and later the new star.  

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

And in the previewr for next week: he's already trying to kiss her! Well that escalated quickly! 

I think he's drunk and he will probably fall asleep onto her instead.:lol: Don't think he's trying to kiss her yet. Those misleading angles and previews :D 

9 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

I think he's drunk and he will probably fall asleep onto her instead.:lol: Don't think he's trying to kiss her yet. Those misleading angles and previews :D 

Wait. I though it was Lee Yeon-Seo who was trying to kiss him?!  Didn’t she push him towards her?! :lol:

1 hour ago, jakey09 said:

Wait. I though it was Lee Yeon-Seo who was trying to kiss him?!  Didn’t she push him towards her?! :lol:

I guess that the whole "if an angel touches a human then he immediately becomes dust and ashes" threat is now off.  That's convenient; kisses would be deadly otherwise.  :D

3 minutes ago, thistle said:

I guess that the whole "if an angel touches a human then he immediately becomes dust and ashes" threat is now off.  That's convenient; kisses would be deadly otherwise.  :D

I’m sure it always was, seeing you can’t avoid that kiss! :lol:

Okay I am officially hooked!

THE CHEMISTRY :heart: I LOVE HOW FEISTY HE IS :lol: and she's aways so taken aback that someone dare talk back to her! And now we know there's a past childhood trope in the mix! Cliche but well...what dramas aren't?

The OSTs and BGMs are amazing!! Can't wait for them to come out. 

SHS's acting :bawling: I mean I knew she was an up and coming actress but DANG. The first half of the episode had me bawling from when she smiled for her driver one last time just like he wanted, then again when she went back home and watched the old videos with him in it :tears: I really liked him...but I guess that's the push she needed.

I knew there will be heartbreak coming up the moment his 'mentor' told him he had 100 days to help her...what happens after though?? I guess I'll have to keep watching :w00t:

Just saw the first 2 episodes and I am it so far. Especially the chemistry/banter between the leads. 

The way angels are represented in this drama reminds me very much of the movie "City of Angels (1998)", but I really hope this drama has a happy ending instead of how the movie ended.  :)

20 minutes ago, selen4ever said:

The way angels are represented in this drama reminds me very much of the movie "City of Angels (1998)"

I was thinking about that, too--it was a beautiful sad love.  Really hope this drama doesn't take the same road.

Archived