[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

-jade-

3 hours ago, ChloeR said:

@jadecloud did you read the novel? Could you perhaps spoil some bits of it for us :sweatingbullets: considering now that we have to wait til next year for the release :/

Hi @ChloeR 

Spoiler

Pardon the confusion, if I caused it. 

The drama is actually an original screenplay based on factual historical figures, although Yu Zheng did say (in an interview) he aims to promote the pre-Qin to Qin dynasty, its culture and magnificence through this drama, and is taking reference from an encyclopedia of early Chinese literature, titled "Master Lü's Spring and Autumn Annals" 《吕氏春秋》.

qSKeN9G.jpg

Historically, there was a renowned triangular love entanglement, and this is what Yu Zheng is trying to present via Nie Yuan, Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun. And, as history has it, we know who she ended up marrying, Mao Zijun's character, not Nie Yuan's, although that alone does not mean her true love is with Mao Zijun. I'm curious to see how Yu Zheng will fuse truth and fiction and present another drama of excellent entertainment value. Perhaps?

Also, we could already see the explosive chemistry (just from the teaser, and perhaps due to the aftermath of Yanxi) between Nie Yuan and Wei Yingluo. I hope there will be an equally, if not better, 'chemical reaction' lol between Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun. I do wonder how it would be like if Yu Zheng has chosen Xu Kai (aka Fu Heng) instead of Mao Zijun for this role... haha.    

3 hours ago, ChloeR said:

I wonder why they would want to extend or film extra scenes for drama... My theory is that since Beauty Hao Lan was filmed way before Yanxi was released, and since they didnt know QianlongxYingluo cp would gain so many followings then, perhaps they are now trying to satisfy the public and fans with a better ending or readjust the main couple of the drama? Cause it seems like Nie Yuan was supposed to be second male lead in Haolan. 

True. No one knows Yu Zheng could offer a big hit after all that plagiarism mess he was in. He is really fortunate to emerge from it in good form, and more fortunate to achieve a hit in Yanxi which I don't think anyone had envisioned was forthcoming. But the acclaim is all duly earned, no less due to an excellent cast. My fave is still Empress Fucha :)Perhaps also due to the similarity and delayed broadcast of Ruyi. And, if they wanted to satisfy the public and fans, why not bring back Fu Heng with Wei Yingluo? Haha. Yup. My wishful thinking. >_<

Nie Yuan, Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun (and a few others) are all main leads. We'll see how the drama will end for them. I'm keeping an open mind. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I read via twitter that the delay of Haolan was a result of the production managed to get a spot for public tv broadcast instead of just a web drama. Read also that more time consumption as the drama has to undergo more stringent censorship due to public broadcast. Don know how true this is but it's rather legit due to success of Yanxi. 

I hope we won't have to wait till December 2019. That would be one year from now and god, I would have grown full head of white hair by then :tears:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lyserose said:

I read via twitter that the delay of Haolan was a result of the production managed to get a spot for public tv broadcast instead of just a web drama.

@lyserose Thanks for the good news :) 

If so, that would be awesome! This drama, as good as it looks from the teasers, needs a wider audience. Any mention of which TV station? I hope this is not just a rumor. 

Me too. Dec 2019 would be a really long wait.Hope it will be sooner.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:39 PM, jadecloud said:

Historically, there was a renowned triangular love entanglement, and this is what Yu Zheng is trying to present via Nie Yuan, Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun. And, as history has it, we know who she ended up marrying, Mao Zijun's character, not Nie Yuan's

LOL. I just realized Wei Yingluo is a character so impressed in my mind that I couldn't separate her from the actress. I meant Wu Jinyan, of course. (My apologies, Ms. Wu.)

On 19 November 2018 at 3:37 PM, housetangaryen said:

Just saw on iQiyi notification that the show will be postponed till Dec 2019
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R9yoGFjXwS6NBFF3XJMA8aB6IiD09wA
Took a snapshot cos I can't seem to upload a pic 

On the iQiyi site
http://www.iqiyi.com/lib/m_214701814.html
Not sure if it shows.

:( Sad it's gonna be such a long wait if it is true.

what Dec 2019 ?? omg

20 hours ago, jadecloud said:

@lyserose Thanks for the good news :) 

If so, that would be awesome! This drama, as good as it looks from the teasers, needs a wider audience. Any mention of which TV station? I hope this is not just a rumor. 

Me too. Dec 2019 would be a really long wait.Hope it will be sooner.

No mention of which tv station, though. I only know that Fox Asia has acquired the rights for international distribution, so chances are high there will be English subs. 

I really hope the date Dec 2019 isn't true. The wait would be too long. Just look at Ruyi, by the time the drama airing, it has lose its steam. Just hope that they will get passed the censor board faster and we will get to watch Hoalan real soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

No mention of which tv station, though. I only know that Fox Asia has acquired the rights for international distribution, so chances are high there will be English subs. 

I really hope the date Dec 2019 isn't true. The wait would be too long. Just look at Ruyi, by the time the drama airing, it has lose its steam. Just hope that they will get passed the censor board faster and we will get to watch Hoalan real soon. 

Agree too... Ruyi had such bad timing to be screened about the same time when Yanxi had already gotten to be so much more popular. Sure hope we won't have to wait for Haolan too long... I've been rewatching Yanxi, and tried other period dramas on iQiyi, but either the plot pacing isn't good or there is too much CGI. I've been spoilt by Yanxi's quality.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 7:05 AM, jadecloud said:

Nope. Both vids aren't of any relation to the drama, except for the posters used. These are FMV uploaded by the fan.

Me too :( Hope the wait will be worth it. 

Yes, they are teaming up again. But er... 

Reveal hidden contents

They have a triangular love entanglement which may not turn out well for them (from posts and comments I've read).

Oh so not official songs, but I actually like those!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wah i was looking forward to this drama and suddenly it is being pushed to Dec2019! :crazy:

I finally watched the trailer with english sub and the premise really grabbed my attention. Especially after watching Kings Woman with BinBin & Reba. Although in that one Huo Lan & Lu Bu Wei is really pitiful.

I wonder if they are going to include Lao Ai in the story or discard that part since it happened much later in history. 

I guess I’ll have to wait till then. I’m a NY-WJY shipper since they have a sexy chemistry in Yanxi so I wonder how this will turn out.

Good luck to us in this waiting game!

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 5:39 AM, jadecloud said:

Hi @ChloeR 

Reveal hidden contents

Pardon the confusion, if I caused it. 

The drama is actually an original screenplay based on factual historical figures, although Yu Zheng did say (in an interview) he aims to promote the pre-Qin to Qin dynasty, its culture and magnificence through this drama, and is taking reference from an encyclopedia of early Chinese literature, titled "Master Lü's Spring and Autumn Annals" 《吕氏春秋》.

Historically, there was a renowned triangular love entanglement, and this is what Yu Zheng is trying to present via Nie Yuan, Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun. And, as history has it, we know who she ended up marrying, Mao Zijun's character, not Nie Yuan's, although that alone does not mean her true love is with Mao Zijun. I'm curious to see how Yu Zheng will fuse truth and fiction and present another drama of excellent entertainment value. Perhaps?

Also, we could already see the explosive chemistry (just from the teaser, and perhaps due to the aftermath of Yanxi) between Nie Yuan and Wei Yingluo. I hope there will be an equally, if not better, 'chemical reaction' lol between Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun. I do wonder how it would be like if Yu Zheng has chosen Xu Kai (aka Fu Heng) instead of Mao Zijun for this role... haha.    

True. No one knows Yu Zheng could offer a big hit after all that plagiarism mess he was in. He is really fortunate to emerge from it in good form, and more fortunate to achieve a hit in Yanxi which I don't think anyone had envisioned was forthcoming. But the acclaim is all duly earned, no less due to an excellent cast. My fave is still Empress Fucha :)Perhaps also due to the similarity and delayed broadcast of Ruyi. And, if they wanted to satisfy the public and fans, why not bring back Fu Heng with Wei Yingluo? Haha. Yup. My wishful thinking. >_<

Nie Yuan, Wei Yingluo and Mao Zijun (and a few others) are all main leads. We'll see how the drama will end for them. I'm keeping an open mind. :) 

SO will this not be based on history because the character was a mess in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Dowager_Zhao

The daughter of a prominent family of Zhao, she was a concubine of the merchant Lü Buwei, who gave her to his protegé, Prince Yiren of Qin. A year later, she gave birth to a son named Zheng; the historian Sima Qian, ill-disposed towards the first emperor, claimed that the pregnancy was especially long and that the child was actually Lü's. The couple were living at the time in Handan, the capital of Zhao, where Yiren was a hostage; when Qin laid siege to the city, Lü was able to bribe the prince's way out of town but Lady Zhao and her infant son were forced to hide among her family. Thanks to Lü's intervention and diplomacy, Prince Yiren subsequently ascended the Qin throne, becoming known to history by his posthumous name King Zhuangxiang.

When King Zhuangxiang died in 247 BC, Crown Prince Zheng ascended the throne and Lady Zhao became the Queen Dowager. Sima Qian claimed she continued her affair with Lü Buwei but, facing exposure and persecution, he gave her a man named Lao Ai disguised as a eunuch. The couple produced two illegitimate children.[2] After Lao Ai was killed during an attempted coup d'état, the queen was imprisoned in her palace and the children were killed. King Zheng later unified China and became known as Shi Huangdi, the "First Emperor".

Seems like she loved no-one and just had sex with alot of people.

• Like 2