Quantcast
jadecloud

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

This drama is based on during Warring Period era and it is a love triangle between Haolan, Buwei and Yingren. So I don't think the love aspect to be sweet like in Yanxi. Hence I won't hope for to much on that. But one thing that I like is, they use Nie Yuan's real voice. I don't know how I'm going to adjust if they dub for Nie Yuan. 

10 hours ago, Far^away said:

There’s one Hao Lan’s line intrigued me. 

‘I would never forgive you’

Is she talking about Lu or Yiren?

if she was me... that line would be directed to Yiren because in history, Yinren left her with Lu when Qin laid seige to Handan..

i’m actually felt that HL did love the king at some point but he let her down. 

Then its all LBW to get the glory. 

Lol

I think that would be directed at Lü Buwei who gives her up in history. 

7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

The MV just got released! Oh man I see some heartbreaking moments for our QianlongxYingluo shippers. 

Really curious on how the drama would portray Haolans relationships with the three men. As a main protagonist, Im sure they wont make her as scandalous. I saw some picture of haolan on the internet, it shows her being pregnant while being queen/queen dowager (or maybe thats how the outfit looks, but then the stomach area was too big to be style-wise). The first time she was pregnant is when she was wearing a different hairstyle and clothes. I wonder if her second pregnancy is with Lu Bu Wei or Lao Ai. 

If her first child was really Lu Bu Wei’s, wouldnt King Yiren knows about it? Or did Haolan joined hands with king yiren to hide it from Lu Bu Wei. 

Who knows, this drama might turn out to be comedic and not all that serious. Just like how Story of Yanxi trailer got everyone fooled. 

Although, my selfish NieYuanxWujiyan shipper’s instinct really wish for Lu bu Wei and Haolan to end up together. 

Well she was pregnant and had kids with Lao Ai in history and those kids were killed by Yiren. His mother was imprisoned the kids were killed.The cause of this was Buwei starting a rebellion which we sort of see in the trailer. 

Im unsure who ends up with her but i got a feeling she ends up alone. 

4 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

This drama is based on during Warring Period era and it is a love triangle between Haolan, Buwei and Yingren. So I don't think the love aspect to be sweet like in Yanxi. Hence I won't hope for to much on that. But one thing that I like is, they use Nie Yuan's real voice. I don't know how I'm going to adjust if they dub for Nie Yuan. 

There is also Lao Ai who she has kids with and really likes which i see on the cast as well. 

End Credit Song. Yue Chu....translated as The Moon Appears. It's a duet....the male singer is Lu Hu, the same singer of Yanxi's title Song Kan/See...and one end-credit song Sounds of The Snow Falling.

The last scene when the golden chars of the title appears....remind me of Yanxi.

No eng sub for the song yet.

• Like 1

The schedule from official weibo site.

62 episodes....over 3 mths. Currently they are showing 2 episodes per day (for iqiyi VIPs, they got a headstart of 10 episodes on Day 1)...from sat-tue 8pm (china time). But i predict they would increase the numbers of days per week later on.

* u can expand the pic below.

006WqN6Cly1fz9j2eqyowj30ku2n5e81.jpg

• Like 1

@ForgottenSoulx

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/the-legend-of-hao-lan-2018.html

From the article in the link above, there is no poster of Lao Ai character at all, so I don't think Lao Ai character is a big impact character in this drama. Therefore, I don't think the writer will portray that part of history. But then again, that is just my interpretation. Coz to me, for Haolan to have an illicit relationship which results to 2 sons is quite a big scene. Yet, there is no poster of this Lao Ai character. It is quite ridiculous right?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

@ForgottenSoulx

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/the-legend-of-hao-lan-2018.html

From the article in the link above, there is no poster of Lao Ai character at all, so I don't think Lao Ai character is a big impact character in this drama. Therefore, I don't think the writer will portray that part of history. But then again, that is just my interpretation. Coz to me, for Haolan to have an illicit relationship which results to 2 sons is quite a big scene. Yet, there is no poster of this Lao Ai character. It is quite ridiculous right?

on wiki i saw the character Zhu Jian as Lao Ai who knows what they do with him but hes in this show.

Maybe the two kids later on belong to Lu bu Wei, but it was disguised as Lao Ai instead. 

I read somewhere that later on qin huang di wanted to kill Lu bu wei because he believes the latter is the cause of his fathers death and is becoming too powerful, but Haolan begs her son to let him off. And im assuming the only reason qin huang di is okay with that because haolan told him that lu bu wei is his actual father. This is just my spectulation lol 

@ChloeR

Spoiler

Yes, i read from Chinese Wiki  (with the help of Googlw translate of course), Ying Zheng scared of LuBuwei increasing power. So he wanted to kill LuBuwei but Haolan begged him. So, LuBuwei exiled together with Haolan to the first place they met.

1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

Maybe the two kids later on belong to Lu bu Wei, but it was disguised as Lao Ai instead. 

I read somewhere that later on qin huang di wanted to kill Lu bu wei because he believes the latter is the cause of his fathers death and is becoming too powerful, but Haolan begs her son to let him off. And im assuming the only reason qin huang di is okay with that because haolan told him that lu bu wei is his actual father. This is just my spectulation lol 

I am wondering about the two children too but eventually Qin Shi Huang killed his mom's two sons. 

If not mistaken, it wasn't Lu Bu Wei who led the rebellion against Qin Shi Huang... It was Lao Ai since he thought he is too powerful and has fathered the two children and could replace Yingzheng as the Emperor. 

Anyway, I am puzzled if the delay has anything to do with the reception of the CP of Yanxi (NY and WJY). The fact that the pair is rather beloved after Yanxi made them make some adjustment, hence the increase in number of episodes and delay in broadcast. 

6 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

@ChloeR

Hide contents

Yes, i read from Chinese Wiki  (with the help of Googlw translate of course), Ying Zheng scared of LuBuwei increasing power. So he wanted to kill LuBuwei but Haolan begged him. So, LuBuwei exiled together with Haolan to the first place they met.

based on history that does not happen i guess, even for a drama a empress dowager being exiled like that is weird. 

6 hours ago, lyserose said:

I am wondering about the two children too but eventually Qin Shi Huang killed his mom's two sons. 

If not mistaken, it wasn't Lu Bu Wei who led the rebellion against Qin Shi Huang... It was Lao Ai since he thought he is too powerful and has fathered the two children and could replace Yingzheng as the Emperor. 

Anyway, I am puzzled if the delay has anything to do with the reception of the CP of Yanxi (NY and WJY). The fact that the pair is rather beloved after Yanxi made them make some adjustment, hence the increase in number of episodes and delay in broadcast. 

No it was Bu Wei who led the rebellion im pretty sure , Bu Wei and Lao Ai were pretty close so probs planned it together. 

• Like 1

Okay guys, good news :D...Viki has obtained license for Haolan. Subbing may be not too fast but we surely wouldn't need to wait till lightyears to get it subbed just like Yanxi. 

@believed I posted the same news only then i read that you have shares it earlier. Over the moon here :D At least I don't have to rely too much on my rusty mandarin. Lol

• Like 1

Youtube got some cuts. No subs. I link them just to showcase some familiar faces.

I think they are sisters with different mothers. Haolan was begging her for the location of her own mother's grave while the sister disliked her for being well-liked by their father, grandma and teacher....over her since young.

Think probably their 1st meeting. She was thanking him for saving her. I won't translate the rest. But do take note of the male servant appearing on the left....the same actor as the eunuch Xiao Quan Zi in Yanxi...who served Yingluo. Think here, he was the servant of Lu Buwei.

• Like 1

The prince who rebelled in Yanxi. What i understand is he and Haolan were lovers at the start of the drama. At the start he was showing concern to Haolan....then when the other sister appeared, he changed face and accused Haolan of saying bad things about her sister, trying to create misunderstanding btw them. Haolan then accused him of betraying her feelings and now marrying her sister instead.

Again this actor is a villain...haha.

A cut from Ep 16 (just sharing what is avail in Youtube now)....but it's the same cuteness when these 2 bicker...haha....while being imprisoned.

• Like 2

From ep 5. Haolan was accused of stealing a pearl. Note the maids in blue and pink....both familiar faces from Yanxi, the girls from Weaving dept.

"Mingyu" as a doctor.

• Like 1