Chinese Title: 镧传 / Hao Lan Zhuan 

AKA: Mou Qin / 谋秦, Beauty Hao Lan
Web Broadcaster: iQiyi 

Broadcast Date: Jan/2019      

Air Time: TBA
Genre: Historical, Costume, Palace Intrigue, Romance  
Language: Mandarin Chinese 
Episodes: 45 (Extended to 63) 

Executive Producer: Yu Zheng (The Story of Yanxi Palace, Memory Lost, Untouchable Lovers, etc.)

Screenwriter: Er Di (Above The Clouds)
Production Director: Li Dachao/Lee Tat Chiu (Infernal Affairs 2, The Matrix,etc.)

Artistic Director: Zhong Yifeng (Lady of the Dynasty: Yang Guifei, Swordsman 2, Untouchable Lovers, etc.)

Styling Director: Song Xiaotao (The Story of Yanxi Palace, Untouchable Lovers, etc.)

Source: An original screenplay that's a creative fusion of fiction and factual historical figures, such as the key role, the drama's namesake, Hao Lan. 

Synopsis:

It depicts the story of Li Hao Lan, Lady Li, Lu Bu Wei and Ying Yi Ren as they unite to overcome the battle for power and land with rival states during The Warring States period. It also depicts a triangular love entanglement between Hao Lan, Lu Bu Wei and Ying Yi Ren.  (Source: ZH Wiki)

(NOTE: Although the name 'Hao Lan' forms part of a three character name of 'Li Haolan', instead of the conventional usage of 'Haolan', 'Hao Lan' is used as per title indicated on promotional poster and literature.)

Cast: 

(L-R)

XqsnZ59.png

Wu Jinyan as Li Hao Lan/Zhao Ji, Ying Yiren's wife, and Ying Zheng's mother

Nie Yuan as Lu Bu Wei

Mao Zijun as Ying Yi Ren, King Zhuangxiang of Qin

Karina Hai Ling as Princess Ya of Zhao

Thomas Tong Mengshi as Ying Zheng, i.e. Qin Shihuang, the first emperor of Qin

Ning Jing as Lady Li of Zhao

(NOTE: Hot on the heels of the 'hot', The Story of Yanxi Palace, from the same executive producer, Yu Zheng, and featuring several same key casts, including the same main OTP,  Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan, albeit in a different kind of pairing here.)

Teasers:

Subbed Teaser 1 - https://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rr2od460.html or

Subbed Teaser 1 - https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/jHRWgE0h0?fid=1034:4302954958918524

-TBU-

OST Listing:

-TBU-

Useful Links:

http://www.iqiyi.com/lib/m_214701814.html

https://baike.baidu.com/item/皓镧传

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/皓镧传

-TBU-

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 1

Beautiful characters, settings and costumes.

f.jpg

673c0421ly1fwx2fogbyqj247p2dc7wh.jpg

005-U0-NWSgy1fwxgtxr15lj31bf0qoae8.jpg

CR: Legend of Hao Lan weibo/IQiyi weibo

Spoiler

a.jpg

e.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

FOX Networks Group Asia Signs Deal with Huanyu Film at MIPCOM CANNES for the Global Rights to The Legend of Hao Lan

===>>>This drama will be available globally soon, perhaps early next year. :) 

Src: https://pressroom-asia.fox.com/fox-networks-group-asia-signs-deal-with-huanyu-film-at-mipcom-cannes-for-the-global-rights-to-the-legend-of-hao-lan

Quite funny...some chars from Yanxi got role reversed in Haolan. Eg "Mingyu" who suffered from needles in her body now became a physician who poked needles into others. "Yuan Chunwang" became a king. "Consort Gao" his queen. "Li Yu" became a minister where "Qianlong" had to bow to him. 

Near the end of clip.."Qianlong" and "Yingluo" kissed again after Yanxi.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 11/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Quite funny...some chars from Yanxi got role reversed in Haolan. Eg "Mingyu" who suffered from needles in her body now became a physician who poked needles into others. "Yuan Chunwang" became a king. "Consort Gao" his queen. "Li Yu" became a minister where "Qianlong" had to bow to him. 

Near the end of clip.."Qianlong" and "Yingluo" kissed again after Yanxi.

indeed quite funny. haven't seen any scene that "Li Yu" from Yanxi is in HaoLan. 5 more days to go...

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, Cedric Ong said:

Pls note the drama debut will be delayed to an unknown date. They said it's due to post-production issue. 

Thanks. Unfortunately, it's true and it's sad. So many rumors floating online. I find it hard to believe that the premiere could be officially released to be 11-15 and yet, just a day or two prior, it could be canceled and put on hold for a long time. It's rumored to be on hold till late 2019. Argh. I guess the truth will surface some day. 

On 11/15/2018 at 10:12 PM, jadecloud said:

According to iQiyi, the delay is due to reshuffling of schedule.

j16CySu.jpg

Ah... 

No wonder there's a delay and a need to reschedule. There's an extension to the number of episodes - from 45 to 63. The whole crew and cast have gone back to filming! Whoa! :0 

Src: SARFT Sep & Oct Historical Drama Episode Count Changes ( 广电总局 9-10月古装剧集数变更)

==>>> 》45集变更为63集

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jadecloud said:

No wonder there's a delay and a need to reschedule. There's an extension to the number of episodes - from 45 to 63. The whole crew and cast have gone back to filming! Whoa! :0 

Src: SARFT Sep & Oct Historical Drama Episode Count Changes ( 广电总局 9-10月古装剧集数变更)

==>>> 》45集变更为63集

May i know which article mentioned that they have gone back to filming?

I tried to search the chinese articles but the one i read only mention which dramas would have their no of episodes extended. And there's no further details.

I don't even get the reason why this happened. I thought in the past the chinese tv dept prefer the dramas to be shorter. So puzzling.

The no of affected dramas are alot....around 10....even Ming Lan Story starring Zhao Liying is affected.

Without details...just based on gut feelings, i don't think all these actors would go back to film extra episodes and the sets would have been demolished by now.

Most probably is the dramas originally have extra scenes....by editing, they "create" extra episodes.

• Like 1

I really like this timeline in gifs of how WYL's storyline and character developed throughout the 70 episodes

https://guzhuangheaven.tumblr.com/post/177561983205/延禧攻略-the-story-of-yanxi-palace-yingluos-glow-up?fbclid=IwAR16pHzNbFqEw5-3p9RU5JRXPAq2akMgKV_7OZfdHEqpirbblKh0fyBFCwU

1 minute ago, housetangaryen said:

So sorry about this mistake. I meant to post on the other page. Admin, kindly delete. I can't seem to do it on my end.

Just saw on iQiyi notification that the show will be postponed till Dec 2019
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R9yoGFjXwS6NBFF3XJMA8aB6IiD09wA
Took a snapshot cos I can't seem to upload a pic 

On the iQiyi site
http://www.iqiyi.com/lib/m_214701814.html
Not sure if it shows.

:( Sad it's gonna be such a long wait if it is true.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 3:39 AM, Cedric Ong said:

May i know which article mentioned that they have gone back to filming?

I tried to search the chinese articles but the one i read only mention which dramas would have their no of episodes extended. And there's no further details.

I don't even get the reason why this happened. I thought in the past the chinese tv dept prefer the dramas to be shorter. So puzzling.

The no of affected dramas are alot....around 10....even Ming Lan Story starring Zhao Liying is affected.

Without details...just based on gut feelings, i don't think all these actors would go back to film extra episodes and the sets would have been demolished by now.

Most probably is the dramas originally have extra scenes....by editing, they "create" extra episodes.

I scanned through some C-news and weibo accounts. I can't recall exactly where I read that bit. I barely remember it was from a crew member. If I can find it, I'll post here. 

Btw, your theory sounds probable. That could be the case for the supporting cast, perhaps. I hope Yu Zheng isn't going to puff up with whatever he has. That would be quite disastrous, IMHO, since there are almost 20 eps of extension. Why should they film that much extra? Esp. with a budget in mind? I think some additional filming is perhaps needed and is not uncommon. It has happened before anyway.   

On 11/18/2018 at 9:49 PM, Don Yu said:

This is the official song? Who sang? 

Nope. Both vids aren't of any relation to the drama, except for the posters used. These are FMV uploaded by the fan.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:37 PM, housetangaryen said:

Sad it's gonna be such a long wait if it is true.

Me too :( Hope the wait will be worth it. 

22 hours ago, angelangie said:

oooo....the emperor and Ying Luo is team up again?

Yes, they are teaming up again. But er... 

Spoiler

They have a triangular love entanglement which may not turn out well for them (from posts and comments I've read).

• Like 1

@jadecloud did you read the novel? Could you perhaps spoil some bits of it for us :sweatingbullets: considering now that we have to wait til next year for the release :/

I wonder why they would want to extend or film extra scenes for drama... My theory is that since Beauty Hao Lan was filmed way before Yanxi was released, and since they didnt know QianlongxYingluo cp would gain so many followings then, perhaps they are now trying to satisfy the public and fans with a better ending or readjust the main couple of the drama? Cause it seems like Nie Yuan was supposed to be second male lead in Haolan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

I wonder why they would want to extend or film extra scenes for drama... My theory is that since Beauty Hao Lan was filmed way before Yanxi was released, and since they didnt know QianlongxYingluo cp would gain so many followings then, perhaps they are now trying to satisfy the public and fans with a better ending or readjust the main couple of the drama? Cause it seems like Nie Yuan was supposed to be second male lead in Haolan. 

No. From what i read....a no of dramas mostly historical ones have recently announced extension of scenes...and the news came from official tv dept site. Still it is pretty strange. When i am more free will search more about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1