[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

-jade-

45 minutes ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

SO will this not be based on history because the character was a mess in history.

Seems like she loved no-one and just had sex with alot of people.

The further back in history...the lesser the info in historical records. I don't think anyone would know for sure on the emotional aspects of many historical chars. As most historians would only record either the good deeds/accomplishments.....and bad deeds/scandals...they wont know the motives behind, or why they do this or that.

Anyway already know this drama is more of a dramatized type...so dont focus too much on how accurate it is.

• Like 2

This is a good news for me, even partially. Haha. Who knows if it’s going to be subbed or not :crazy:

as per the plot, I am also anticipating on how the story will unfold. As @Cedric Ong has said, this is a story even before Qin Shi Huang era (or more accurately its his mother), in the period of warring state. Who knows the version we knew today is the real thing that happened in those era. 

Juat like we all knew, its the victor who wrote the history. Not the other way round. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

This seems to give big spoiler at the end? 

Thi

Yeah. That scene where Yingren is on his deathbed? 

So we are going to see Nie Yuan and WU Jingyan romancing each other again afterwards? :crazy:

1 hour ago, Far^away said:

Yeah. That scene where Yingren is on his deathbed? 

So we are going to see Nie Yuan and WU Jingyan romancing each other again afterwards? :crazy:

Why would they spoil that though seems quite big.. was she in love with Yingren i doubt it based on the DP of the video. 

Even if this drama has some different interpretations, the time of death will probably be as accurate as history records. 

Yingren was indeed the 1st to die (281–247 BC, around 34yo)

then Lu Buwei (291–235 BC, around 55yo)

last was Haolan (280–228 BC, 52yo)

Think better don't speculate too much based on trailers. They only show some parts. 

• Like 3

https://www.viki.com/tv/36363c-the-legend-of-hao-lan

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Can everyone follow and pass this around and request this drama it has leads from yanxi and teams who were involved with yanxi working on it.

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

Even if this drama has some different interpretations, the time of death will probably be as accurate as history records. 

Think better don't speculate too much based on trailers. They only show some parts. 

Still showing a lead death in the trailer is quite shocking. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, Far^away said:

Lets hold hand and meditate. May the year went through in a breeze:D

lol. The meditation works! The year did not have to pass by quickly. The BEAUTY(drama) is coming to us in an unexpectedly sudden and surprising new schedule instead. Frankly, I'm not 'prepared now' haha. I'm so in love with The Crowned Clown and Hua Bu Qi, and both sets of OTP, both plots... :wub:

In 3 days...

SjyYtY3.jpg

On 1/14/2019 at 7:34 AM, believed said:

New airdate is Jan 19, 2019 on iQiyi.

Thanks. You are right. I thought, maybe we'll be spooked again (and we may, let's see). I could hardly believe it, since the news/rumors I've been reading hinted at a year-end schedule... (but I "believed", as per your ID lol)... :) 

On 1/14/2019 at 8:05 AM, angelangie said:

confirm airing date - Jan/19/2019 as stated by @believed

Oh yes! If "believed" stated so, it will be so, right? lol.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:20 AM, Cedric Ong said:

That's good news.

It sure is. Hopefully, there'll be no more changes. And, hopefully, it will turn out to be another awesome YZ project. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Can everyone follow and pass this around and request this drama it has leads from yanxi and teams who were involved with yanxi working on it.

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

:thumbsup:Good going! Thank you. We do need Viki to get the license.  :sweatingbullets:

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Think better don't speculate too much based on trailers. They only show some parts

I agree. An open mind is best for optimal enjoyment, be it from released trailers or from historical happenings. Crossing my fingers for a not-so-messy or not-so-ridic plot development. :unsure: 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I just wonder if they will do any of this.

Spoiler

The daughter of a prominent family of Zhao, she was a concubine of the merchant Lü Buwei, who gave her to his protegé, Prince Yiren of Qin. A year later, she gave birth to a son named Zheng; the historian Sima Qian, ill-disposed towards the first emperor, claimed that the pregnancy was especially long and that the child was actually Lü's.

In Manga and Anime Kingdom, she was described to be evil towards her son Ying Zheng during their stay on Handan, but her son was patient on her. Her power on Qin's court is so unbearable even against Lü's and even Zheng's factions. She controlled from eunuchs to court ladies and even concubines. But her power fell when she rebelled against her own son.

When King Zhuangxiang died in 247 BC, Crown Prince Zheng ascended the throne and Lady Zhao became the Queen Dowager. Sima Qian claimed she continued her affair with Lü Buwei but, facing exposure and persecution, he gave her a man named Lao Ai disguised as a eunuch. The couple produced two illegitimate children. After Lao Ai was killed during an attempted coup d'état, the queen was imprisoned in her palace and the children were killed.

I hope they dont go the route of her being imprisoned or rebelling, considering its called the legend of hao lan shes gotta be the queen b at the end ;p 

I dont see Sima Qian on the cast list but maybe his role is not big enough ;p

According to the Records of the Grand Historian, written by Sima Qian during the Han dynasty, the first emperor was the eldest son of the Qin prince Yiren, who later became King Zhuangxiang of Qin. Prince Yiren at that time was residing at the court of Zhao, serving as a hostage to guarantee the armistice between the Qin and Zhao states. Prince Yiren had fallen in love at first sight with a concubine of Lü Buwei, a rich merchant from the State of Wey. Lü consented for her to be Yiren's wife, who then became known as Lady Zhao(Zhao Ji) after the state of Zhao. Lady Zhao gave birth to the child on 18 February; and he was given the name Zhao Zheng—the name Zheng (正) came from his month of birth Zhengyue, the first month of the Chinese lunar calendar;[36] the clan name of Zhao came from his father's lineage and was unrelated to either his mother's name or the location of his birth.[citation needed] Lü Buwei's machinations later helped Yiren become King Zhuangxiang of Qin[3] in 250 BC.

However, the Records of the Grand Historian also claimed that the first emperor was not the actual son of Prince Yiren but that of Lü Buwei. According to this account, when Lü Buwei introduced the dancing girl to the prince, she was Lü Buwei's concubine and had already become pregnant by him, and the baby was born after an unusually long period of pregnancy.According to translations of the Annals of Lü Buwei, Zhao Ji gave birth to the future emperor in the city of Handan in 259 BC, the first month of the 48th year of King Zhaoxiang of Qin.

The idea that the emperor was an illegitimate child, widely believed throughout Chinese history, contributed to the generally negative view of the First Emperor. However, a number of modern scholars have doubted this account of his birth. Sinologist Derk Bodde wrote: "There is good reason for believing that the sentence describing this unusual pregnancy is an interpolation added to the Shih-chi by an unknown person in order to slander the First Emperor and indicate his political as well as natal illegitimacy". John Knoblock and Jeffrey Riegel, in their translation of Lü Buwei's Spring and Autumn Annals, call the story "patently false, meant both to libel Lü and to cast aspersions on the First Emperor".[40] Claiming Lü Buwei—a merchant—as the First Emperor's biological father was meant to be especially disparaging, since later Confucian society regarded merchants as the lowest of all social classes.

As King Zheng grew older, Lü Buwei became fearful that the boy king would discover his liaison with his mother Lady Zhao. He decided to distance himself and look for a replacement for the queen dowager. He found a man named Lao Ai. According to The Record of Grand Historian, Lao Ai was disguised as a eunuch by plucking his beard. Later Lao Ai and queen Zhao Ji got along so well they secretly had two sons together. Lao Ai then became ennobled as Marquis Lào Ǎi, and was showered with riches. Lao Ai's plot was supposed to replace King Zheng with one of the hidden sons. But during a dinner party drunken Lào Ǎi was heard bragging about being the young king's step father. In 238 BC the king was travelling to the ancient capital of Yōng (雍). Lao Ai seized the queen mother's seal and mobilized an army in an attempt to start a coup and rebel. When King Zheng found out this fact, he ordered Lü Buwei to let Lord Changping and Lord Changwen attack Lao Ai and their army killed hundreds of the rebels at the capital, although Lao Ai succeeded in fleeing from this battle.

A price of 1 million copper coins was placed on Lao Ai's head if he was taken alive or half a million if dead.[Lao Ai's supporters were captured and beheaded; then Lao Ai was tied up and torn to five pieces by horse carriages, while his entire family was executed to the third degree. The two hidden sons were also killed, while mother Zhao Ji was placed under house arrest until her death many years later. Lü Buwei drank a cup of poison wine and committed suicide in 235 BC. Ying Zheng then assumed full power as the King of the Qin state. Replacing Lü Buwei, Li Si became the new chancellor.

I think this rebellion will happen i just hope not due to the birth issue. 

There’s one Hao Lan’s line intrigued me. 

‘I would never forgive you’

Is she talking about Lu or Yiren?

if she was me... that line would be directed to Yiren because in history, Yinren left her with Lu when Qin laid seige to Handan..

i’m actually felt that HL did love the king at some point but he let her down. 

Then its all LBW to get the glory. 

Lol

6 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

I just wonder if they will do any of this.

Since Haolan is the titular character, the main protoganist, I believe they will explore less the scandalous side of her.  Even then, I am interested to see their interpretation on her relationships with all these 3 men. I think the drama will tell more about her rise to power and let the romance happen more naturally just like in Yanxi.

@ChloeR

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Far^away said:

if she was me... that line would be directed to Yiren because in history, Yinren left her with Lu when Qin laid seige to Handan..

Lol

Based on the earlier trailers, it sound more like resentment towards Lu Bu Wei since Yinren was reluctant to leave her behind until she placed a knife on her throat and Bu Wei dragged him away, thus leaving her behind. Plus, Bu Wei schemed everything including her life.

The MV just got released! Oh man I see some heartbreaking moments for our QianlongxYingluo shippers. 

Really curious on how the drama would portray Haolans relationships with the three men. As a main protagonist, Im sure they wont make her as scandalous. I saw some picture of haolan on the internet, it shows her being pregnant while being queen/queen dowager (or maybe thats how the outfit looks, but then the stomach area was too big to be style-wise). The first time she was pregnant is when she was wearing a different hairstyle and clothes. I wonder if her second pregnancy is with Lu Bu Wei or Lao Ai. 

If her first child was really Lu Bu Wei’s, wouldnt King Yiren knows about it? Or did Haolan joined hands with king yiren to hide it from Lu Bu Wei. 

Who knows, this drama might turn out to be comedic and not all that serious. Just like how Story of Yanxi trailer got everyone fooled. 

Although, my selfish NieYuanxWujiyan shipper’s instinct really wish for Lu bu Wei and Haolan to end up together. 

This drama is based on during Warring Period era and it is a love triangle between Haolan, Buwei and Yingren. So I don't think the love aspect to be sweet like in Yanxi. Hence I won't hope for to much on that. But one thing that I like is, they use Nie Yuan's real voice. I don't know how I'm going to adjust if they dub for Nie Yuan. 

10 hours ago, Far^away said:

Lol

I think that would be directed at Lü Buwei who gives her up in history. 

7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

The MV just got released! Oh man I see some heartbreaking moments for our QianlongxYingluo shippers. 

Really curious on how the drama would portray Haolans relationships with the three men. As a main protagonist, Im sure they wont make her as scandalous. I saw some picture of haolan on the internet, it shows her being pregnant while being queen/queen dowager (or maybe thats how the outfit looks, but then the stomach area was too big to be style-wise). The first time she was pregnant is when she was wearing a different hairstyle and clothes. I wonder if her second pregnancy is with Lu Bu Wei or Lao Ai. 

If her first child was really Lu Bu Wei’s, wouldnt King Yiren knows about it? Or did Haolan joined hands with king yiren to hide it from Lu Bu Wei. 

Who knows, this drama might turn out to be comedic and not all that serious. Just like how Story of Yanxi trailer got everyone fooled. 

Although, my selfish NieYuanxWujiyan shipper’s instinct really wish for Lu bu Wei and Haolan to end up together. 

Well she was pregnant and had kids with Lao Ai in history and those kids were killed by Yiren. His mother was imprisoned the kids were killed.The cause of this was Buwei starting a rebellion which we sort of see in the trailer. 

Im unsure who ends up with her but i got a feeling she ends up alone. 

4 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

This drama is based on during Warring Period era and it is a love triangle between Haolan, Buwei and Yingren. So I don't think the love aspect to be sweet like in Yanxi. Hence I won't hope for to much on that. But one thing that I like is, they use Nie Yuan's real voice. I don't know how I'm going to adjust if they dub for Nie Yuan. 

There is also Lao Ai who she has kids with and really likes which i see on the cast as well. 

End Credit Song. Yue Chu....translated as The Moon Appears. It's a duet....the male singer is Lu Hu, the same singer of Yanxi's title Song Kan/See...and one end-credit song Sounds of The Snow Falling.

The last scene when the golden chars of the title appears....remind me of Yanxi.

No eng sub for the song yet.

• Like 1

The schedule from official weibo site.

62 episodes....over 3 mths. Currently they are showing 2 episodes per day (for iqiyi VIPs, they got a headstart of 10 episodes on Day 1)...from sat-tue 8pm (china time). But i predict they would increase the numbers of days per week later on.

* u can expand the pic below.

006WqN6Cly1fz9j2eqyowj30ku2n5e81.jpg

@ForgottenSoulx

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/11/the-legend-of-hao-lan-2018.html

From the article in the link above, there is no poster of Lao Ai character at all, so I don't think Lao Ai character is a big impact character in this drama. Therefore, I don't think the writer will portray that part of history. But then again, that is just my interpretation. Coz to me, for Haolan to have an illicit relationship which results to 2 sons is quite a big scene. Yet, there is no poster of this Lao Ai character. It is quite ridiculous right?