Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jadecloud

[Current Mainland WebDrama 2019] The Legend of Hao Lan / Beauty Hao Lan 皓镧传

7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Skimmed through the entire 14 episodes. Loving Haolan and Lu Bu Wei. The directors somewhat kept the same gestures of Qianlong n Wei Ying luo in this new drama. Lu Bu Wei likes pinching Haolans cheeks and Haolan likes to kick/hit Lu Bu Wei whenever shes mad lool and haolan constantly pest Lu Bu Wei about liking her but not admitting to it. Theyre cute. Besides this couple, The drama couldnt keep my attention as much as yanxi did. Like it doesnt have that addicting factor. Everything is  longwinded and not fastpaced. 

Yanxi was long winded and not fast paced at the start either ;p 

16 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Skimmed through the entire 14 episodes. Loving Haolan and Lu Bu Wei. The directors somewhat kept the same gestures of Qianlong n Wei Ying luo in this new drama. Lu Bu Wei likes pinching Haolans cheeks and Haolan likes to kick/hit Lu Bu Wei whenever shes mad lool and haolan constantly pest Lu Bu Wei about liking her but not admitting to it. Theyre cute. Besides this couple, The drama couldnt keep my attention as much as yanxi did. Like it doesnt have that addicting factor. Everything is  longwinded and not fastpaced. 

Well, I skimmed watch too (for now) and I agree that it is not as addictive as Yanxi. Plus, my biggest problem comes with Hao Lan being portrayed as "too much" of a damsel in distress. She got thrown into the river, sold off by her stepmom, almost strangle to death, punished by canning, thrown into prison and what not and I am sure there are still plenty more suffering she is going to endure. 

Same as @kyoko22, I am actually watching mainly for the Yanxi couple reunion and I am glad that Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan still showcased strong electrifying chemistry. Their scenes together are always the highlight to me.

Anyway, I am wondering how is the reception of Hao Lan so far? I don't expect it to achieve anything near Yanxi, but I do hope the drama is doing well. 

Can someone pls share what happened to Li Bu Wei’s side kick (the character who was servicing Ying Lou in Yanxi)? I skimmed through the episodes and noticed he has disappeared 

Yes I agree it is not as addictive and as funny as Yanxi. I get the feeling this is a little heavy, boring at some parts and political. I really enjoyed Yanxi as there were serious and humorous parts. Anyway understand it is not fair to compare the two 

It is so fun maneuvering through weibo. Hahaha. Buwie-Haolan's fans are bickering with Yingren-Haolan's fans. Arguing which love is more real (just like Qianglong-Yinglou and Fuheng-Yinglou). But I love Nieyuan-Wujinyan pair. So, I totally cheer for those fans. Hahaha.

China has put a ban on palace dramas, so I am curious to see how this will effect this series, zhao ge and the sequel to yanxi. 

Does anyone have any news on this?

48 minutes ago, doubleicon said:

China has put a ban on palace dramas, so I am curious to see how this will effect this series, zhao ge and the sequel to yanxi. 

Does anyone have any news on this?

The ban seems to be just on Broadcast at the moment not on online im worried for Zhao Ge, Queen dugu also. 

On 1/30/2019 at 5:58 AM, ForgottenSoulx said:

The ban seems to be just on Broadcast at the moment not on online im worried for Zhao Ge, Queen dugu also. 

I’ve been anticipating Queen Dugu (bc I love Joe Chen). Will be disappointing if it is banned due to the new censorship law :tears:

I started watching Haolan, but feel like its very slow paced. Will watch until episode 20ish to see if I want to continue watching it. I love the era it is set in. I usually get to watch the story if Yinzheng (Qin Shihuang), lovely to see the story of Buwei and Yiren this time. 

I plan to begin watching the series today. I'm new to this forum, but truly appreciate the forums and lively discussions.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:25 AM, faithwalker said:

I plan to begin watching the series today. I'm new to this forum, but truly appreciate the forums and lively discussions.

I have been watching with my limited mandarin and then rewatch with subs and here I am.... Wailing everyday in front of my pc because the subs version is way behind. 

This drama has a choppy beginning but once Haolan entered the palace, the story starts to get interesting and I must say, I like it a lot and it is really addictive. Watching subs definitely give me a better impression on this drama. 

Spoiler

Now my heart is breaking as my ship has sinked and anyone.... If you know... Who's d baby daddy is? 

Paging @ChloeR and @sharonfu18 Please join us at this thread. 

And HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR, everyone :D

What is it with c-dramas having Legend in most of the titles LoL?! 

It sounds similar to other palace harem dramas, where 1 female protagonist survives using her wit and charm but of course is desired by 2 men LoL. 

Spoiler

I’m 25+ eps in and I’m tired of Lü Buwei. He constantly disrespects Haolan, is dishonest with her (he says one thing, his actions say a different thing, ...can he make up his mind?), doesn’t treat her as an equal. It’s exhausting to watch. I see myself rooting for her and Wang Sun more.

@lyserose

Spoiler

High probability the baby is LBW's. He was away for two months and HL thought he died. When he returned, HL got pregnant. And HL slept separate from the Prince.

4 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

@lyserose

Reveal hidden contents

High probability the baby is LBW's. He was away for two months and HL thought he died. When he returned, HL got pregnant. And HL slept separate from the Prince.

Hey, thanks. 

But someone said that HL experienced menstrual shortly after the wedding, hence implying she couldn't be pregnant with LBW's child. And though initially Haolan and YR have seperate sleeping arrangement, they eventually consummated their marriage not long after they got married. Plus, when Haolan told LBW about her pregnancy, he appeared shocked. 

Spoiler

I’m pretty sure the baby is the prince’s. he returned back to sleep with HL at one point and in a later ep, they both acknowledged the baby was theirs. 

Spoiler

@lyserose Really? Crap! I follow LBW-HL CP group on Weibo. Not many really bother about this baby. So I thought it was LBW's. Looks like we need to wait for the sub. Relying on Google Translate is really suck.

@kyoko22  Ahhhh.... the same problem and gosh, the subtitles is seriously on tortoise mode. Seriously, I couldn't be sure whose baby that is. But I still am baffled why HL so easily moved on. So, she thought LBW is dead and went on to marry Yingren immediately? Apart from Yingren's proposal saving her being implicated, I don't understand why she still want to proceed with that marriage. 

New to this thread, coming from Legend of Dugu and YanXi and currently watching Story of Ming Lan. I'm excited about this one because of the cast, but I have to say the first few episodes almost did me in. Each drama is so different from the other that I spend a lot of time comparing one to the other. But I will stick with this one, if for no other reason than the cast. 

13 hours ago, lyserose said:

@kyoko22  Ahhhh.... the same problem and gosh, the subtitles is seriously on tortoise mode. Seriously, I couldn't be sure whose baby that is. But I still am baffled why HL so easily moved on. So, she thought LBW is dead and went on to marry Yingren immediately? Apart from Yingren's proposal saving her being implicated, I don't understand why she still want to proceed with that marriage. 

@lyserose 

Spoiler

LBW got attack. I think it has something to do with the palace. HL thought he died but he just fabricate his death. So, HL wanted to revenge for LBW. I think YR proposed for fake marriage. By marrying him, HL can stay in the palace and execute her revenge. It was a fake marriage in the first place. That's why i dont believe the baby is YR because she opposed any kind of intimacy with YR after they got married. But then, this is what i understand from LBW-HL shipper group at Weibo. Not that i truly understand the episode anyway.

p/s: something to ponder about. From tonight's episode, Xiaochun said the baby will be born two months early. 

New schedule if you're catching the raw version. Now 2 eps daily, everyday. Still 8 eps behind the IQIYI VIPs.

cny-new-daily-2-eps.jpg

Original schedule. Sat to Tues. 2 episodes per day, after first 10 eps (premiere).

Spoiler

calendar.jpg

Despite the seemingly dark edges, this show is rather a lot of fun. It's one that I find surprisingly enjoyable despite all the usual palace scheming and backstabbing especially among the ladies. Evidently it's unabashedly a palace melodrama through and through.

There's no OTP for me at this stage although I like the three key conspirators. I suppose we're meant to think that HL could end up one way or another with either men although I'm rather inclined to think that her relationship with LBW has echoes of dysfunctionality in it. Make no mistake, he's an interesting anti-hero. He's a self-styled Machiavellian or at least he tries to convince himself and everyone around him that he is. The whole "I'm a business man so I make use of people..." is beginning to sound like a broken record. I like that he has plenty of get up and go... very quick on his feet but the way he treats HL is disturbing even if it's mainly to keep her at arm's length. Sure there's push back... thankfully... from her but he is incorrigible. Even if it's for show.

I guess I'm odd in that I find Ying Yiren more intriguing because I want to know what he's truly capable of. He seems so accomplished and it seems a waste that he's always under house arrest, playing his zither having to hide his true feelings. A crouching tiger hidden dragon as it were. Earlier on he would serenely go through the motions accept his lot in life, resigned to his fate but lately, on associating with HL and LBW, he's become more animated.

Except for the sister, XY, the women are generally very bright. Even the bratty Princess.

The tragedy of XY's life is not so much jealousy but coveting and gaining something she was incapable of holding on to. She was infatuated with a man who was in love with someone else and had no genuine respect for her except her political connections. Furthermore she was not intelligent or ambitious enough to gain his respect or hold his interest. After all she got him not by her own merits but through her mother's machinations. It's one thing to marry a man who doesn't love you but it's another to marry one who doesn't love you and is in love with someone else. On top of that, he's not just a man but a very ambitious prince who wants to rule more than be a husband.