[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

0ly40

Spoiler

------------

haechi.png

[Haechi] Eps 9 & 10 spoilers, Jung Il Woo x Go Ara x Kwon Yool x Park Hoon

Article: Naver 'Haechi' Jung Il Woo extends his hands to Lee Kyoung Young for the sake of revenge 

1. [+163,-5]
Jung Il Woo is always right about historical dramas. 

2. [+42,-5]
I watched the first broadcast today too. Jung Il Woo, fighting. 

3. [+38,-2]
I was so focused with every scene that it kept me watching~

4. [+24,-1]
Going to be a first broadcast killer tomorrow too. ♡♡♡♡♡♡

5. [+14,-0]
Haechi is interesting. Jung Il Woo's acting is jjang~~ He matches Prince Yeoning so well~^^♡♡

6. [+12,-0]
Haechi is the most interesting drama these days.

7. [+11,-1]
This is the only worth watching drama among the Mondays and Tuesdays dramas. 

8. [+9,-2]
Jung Il Woo's acting is so good~~ 

9. [+7,-0]
It's interesting and the characters match the actors so well~ I don't usually see Kwon Yool and Go Ara, but they are funny and I get so absorbed. Jung Il Woo doesn't age. Why is he so cool? Even a 40 year old ahjumma's heart is fluttering~

cr

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 5 (9-10)

There is a timeline starts a year after Sukjong death & in the reign of Gyeongjong

Soron faction had make an appearance

Gyeongjong’s reign in 1721-1722, we will see the political purge known  the Shinim Sahwa (신임사화, 辛壬士祸).

One of the casualty in this purge is Royal Consort Jeong Bin of Hamseong Yi clan (1694-1721) mother of Crown Prince Hyojang (1719-1728)

Thanks for the background as always, @gerrytan8063! I'm very excited to see how they portray that. Perhaps chohong will be the one to die during this event- I'm guessing they've replaced Jeong Bin with chohong's character in this drama, as the production has not described her character as future jeong bin(like they indicated with seo ssii obviously becoming the future queen). 

I feel sorry for gyeongjong to be honest. We'll never know for sure but I feel like his incompetence/helplessness was 99% because of his poor health. Well, they say everything's useless if you don't have [your health]. Poor guy. Jang hee bin was not a black-and-white evil figure but she sure did screw over her son. 

Boy, are jung moon sung and bae jung hwa doing an amazing job at playing the evil couple(and yi tan's girl is technically kim chang joong's side chick-mess.). What's a good sageuk without masterfully acted-out villains? 

Spoiler

I do love that they translated the real-life yi geum-noron relationship into the drama- technically they're enemies, but not in a typical way where they're totally at odds. Both working together and plotting against each other, depending on the situation, like yi geum riling up the norons. Also on the officials/ministers- the other noron figures aren't idiots but it's pretty clear min jin heon is a step above the rest in his thinking. Kinda cracked me up when kim chang joong(the other senior/head of norons) was yelling at him for always calling them to the gisaeng house and never getting gisaengs to host them. :D  Then Min promptly dismisses him and tells him to go home, literally. Minister Min is not here for your richard simmons and here to talk serious business y'all! You're his senior? Nah, not really. Just manage your hoe properly(to paraphrase what Min told Kim chang joong). 

And gotta love dear ol' moon soo. Failing the exam for the 11th time, poor thing. And calling them out on the corruption with the exam results. 

Today I discovered prince ahn-gye (안계군- is there an official romanization of his name?) is a real figure. You learn something new every day! Gotta love historicals. 

People are worried about the romance being pushed into the drama, but I wouldn't be worried about it simply existing. The politics is very front and center and the latest episode confirms it. 

Kim yi young is a master at mixing comedy/light-hearted moments with serious business. The switch from banter in casual/modern speech and formal sageuk-speak(for the serious moments, of course) is so well done when kim gets it right. This may be her best sageuk yet after yi san. It is very early though. 

And also, can yeoji and chohong please be drinking buddies from now on?

So the king used YN in order to shaken the Noron that's why YN was sent to the genealogy office. YN was the sword Gyeongjong was talking about. I guess, the Soron won't like this alliance and will do anything to destroy this relationship by warning the king that YN is after the throne. It looks like the Norons won't support YN right away. YN needs to corner this party in order to get their support. MJH will come to realize that they need to support YN as the successor. Yi Tang is too crazy and unstable to become a king. His craziness is the reason why Mil Pong can never be the puppet king MJH has imagined. 

10 hours ago, spark101 said:

Kim yi young is a master at mixing comedy/light-hearted moments with serious business. 

That's true. But for Haechi, it's not just light-hearted but totally hilarious scenes. I don't remember I've experienced this much with Dongyi. Kwonyul and Ara are funny without effort in Haechi. I love their tandem. 

11 hours ago, spark101 said:

People are worried about the romance being pushed into the drama, but I wouldn't be worried about it simply existing.

The story of Yeoji and Yeoning so far is just fine. I am not expecting them to be like another "Dongyi and King Sukjong" but I am enjoying their scenes together. With Go Ara and Jung Il woo's natural chemistry, there is no need to push it. 

11 hours ago, spark101 said:

Today I discovered prince ahn-gye (안계군- is there an official romanization of his name?) is a real figure. You learn something new every day!

Wow. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

MJH will come to realize that they need to support YN as the successor

He will support him and try to make him a puppet king. 

21 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

One of the casualty in this purge is Royal Consort Jeong Bin of Hamseong Yi clan (1694-1721) mother of Crown Prince Hyojang (1719-1728)

Looking forward to see this in the drama

On 2/26/2019 at 9:24 AM, 0himawari0 said:

About the ratings i really believe that they will rise progressively we still have time i see the drama ending around 10-12% and 15% if we are optimist and the odds are good.

I hope for this. Haechi deserves attention. 

@spark101

"Today I discovered prince ahn-gye (안계군- is there an official romanization of his name?) is a real figure."

안계군 - An Gye Gun (RR transliteration, South Korea)

There is 2 An Gye Gun in Joseon history that bear the same name or in the Jeonju Yi clan  

안계군 이보인(安溪君 李保仁, An Gye Gun Yi Bo In) Great Grandson of Grand Prince Ui An Dae Gun Yi Hwa 의안대군 이화 (義安大君 李和 1348-1408), elder brother of Yi Seong Gye, founder of Joseon

The drama timeline

안계군 이지(安溪君 李墀, An Gye Gun Yi Ji 1703 - 1738), Grandson of Grand Prince Inpyeong Dae Gun Yi Yo (인평대군 이요 ,麟坪大君 李㴭, 1622 - 1658) 3rd son of Injo & Queen Inryeol. Died from Diabetes at the age 36 years

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

MJH will come to realize that they need to support YN as the successor. Yi Tang is too crazy and unstable to become a king. His craziness is the reason why Mil Pong can never be the puppet king MJH has imagined. 

He did say that YN is more dangerous than Mil Poong . One of the reasons why he tried to get all information about YN

Looking at our new dedicated officer in Saheonbu, it reminds me of "Flower of the Prison" again.

1 hour ago, yoo1 said:

That's true. But for Haechi, it's not just light-hearted but totally hilarious scenes. I don't remember I've experienced this much with Dongyi. Kwonyul and Ara are funny without effort in Haechi. I love their tandem. 

The story of Yeoji and Yeoning so far is just fine. I am not expecting them to be like another "Dongyi and King Sukjong" but I am enjoying their scenes together. With Go Ara and Jung Il woo's natural chemistry, there is no need to push it. 

Wow. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. 

He will support him and try to make him a puppet king. 

Looking forward to see this in the drama

I hope for this. Haechi deserves attention. 

Yes, I know but the problem is that YN has started taking control over Saheonbu. MJH will help him but unlike in the past, YN will have another source of support: Saheonbu. So far, it was different in the past. Notice that the Norons had the control over this organization for a long time. During this one year, YN used the officer YK who is similar to Han and PMS (fight for justice) in order to reveal the corruption.

MJH made it clear that YR's death wouldn't be investigated as he saw no benefit which outlined that MJH was the one pulling the strings at Saheonbu. By stopping the investigation about MP in the last episode, they made it obvious that the Norons had the saying in this organization. However, the corruption about the test exams was the perfect occasion for cutting ties between Norons and Saheonbu. But YN needed to help the officer YK by remaining anonymous because if not, it would have looked like YN was trying to use him for his own agenda. This is only partially true: YN is someone who likes justice and wants to protect his people. He wants to ensure that his brother's death will be "avenged". He can not let his crazy brother YT become the next king. Once it is revealed that PMS passed the test in reality, YN will gain more and more support within Saheonbu. DM is already started changing because unlike all the others, YN is someone direct and honest. 

@Yongzura Yes, for MJH YN is far more dangerous than MP because he is smart and can think on his own. Due to his intelligence, the prince can become powerful. MP always relied on MJH for a long time, until he made too many mistakes. That's why MJH supported YT due to his dependency of the Norons. YN is different: he will never rely on the Norons and on MJH entirely. His source of power will come from a different place: Saheonbu. Sure, YN needs the support from the Norons but YN will use Saheonbu as his real source of power hence the Norons will have to rely on YN in the end.  

Preview

Milpungun is shock & mentioned "Seje"

Gyeongjong had name Prince Yeoningun as Wangseje (왕세제,王世弟, Brother Heir Apparent)

There are only 2 Brother Heir Apparent in Joseon Dynasty 

Taejong (3rd King of Joseon) brother of Jeongjong (2nd King of Joseon)

Yeongjo (21st King of Joseon brother of Gyeongjong (20th King of Joseon)

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I think that the relationship between prince Yeoning and Yeo Ji

will be something similar to the relationship between prince Bang Won

and that girl in the drama SFD.

What was the relationship like?

@spark101 @bebebisous33 Okay, wait, which is it, is she a concubine or just a friend? 

17 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

What was the relationship like?

@spark101 @bebebisous33 Okay, wait, which is it, is she a concubine or just a friend? 

Well, technically she is his concubine- she isn't a servant in his household. Their relationship in reality is more of just being friends- she's kind of his live-in assistant/confidante, and chohong herself said in the most recent episode that he feels pity for her, nothing else. So to outsiders she is his concubine, in reality they're just platonic. 

58 minutes ago, spark101 said:

Well, technically she is his concubine- she isn't a servant in his household. Their relationship in reality is more of just being friends- she's kind of his live-in assistant/confidante, and chohong herself said in the most recent episode that he feels pity for her, nothing else. So to outsiders she is his concubine, in reality they're just platonic. 

I see. Yeah, I was a little confused there for a moment because it wasn't outrightly said she is his concubine. But just from the looks of it, one would think she is.

Archived