Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Haechi, 해치

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? ^_^

And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

I  m not an expert in Korean history, so maybe someone around here can give more details about Yi Tan

Ep 8 moves so quick. Two things i appreciate about this drama are that (1) the royal brothers are very supportive each other and (2) queen dowager is so loyal to her husband and the royal family and does not over steep her duties. I hate it so much when other dramas portray most queen dowagers as political power hungers.

• Like 3

I get such a kick out of dramas with plotting officials. I love all the scenes of all the people of each political faction gathering at night and scheming, lol. Some people hate sageuks for this reason but the plotting old geezers are the best part! The drama over yi geum becoming crown prince was everything. Every episode is legendary. Seriously, forget 10%, this is the kind of drama that is only logical to pass 20% and get recognized for all the wonderful supporting actors and rich sageuk theme. 

Edit: Okay, I kind of love cho-hong. She was just like ? when yi geum's valet was like, "you have to get ready to enter the palace" and she was still ?? and he said, "the crown prince's concubine is called so hoon." and she was still like, "what does that have to do with me??" she likes him but has absolutely no expectations, bless. If she does die during the shinim purge, I'm going to be bawling like a baby. His wife on the other hand- flying about making sure she has all her nice things. :D I don't dislike her at all though; probably because they were betrothed at like, 10 years old and didn't have a say in the matter, lol. 

And dal moon proving every time he's the absolute best, already catching on that yi geum is interested in yeo ji, lol. 

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? ^_^

And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

Yes, yi tan and milpoong is his real name (personal/given name and title name, respectively). As previously stated, he was not actually crazy/evil in real life. Crown Prince sohyun's descendants were kinda pitiful, actually. 

Yeongjo, Jeongjo, etc are temple names- they're given posthumously, after they've passed. Yeonsan-gun never received a temple name because he was overthrown. Gwanghae-gun was also not given one as he was was deposed in a coup d'etat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

It's another great episode. Although like all of you here, i'm surprised that it's so fast that YN gain his crown prince so soon. But I'm eagerly waiting for their new adventures. It seems that YJ will work with DM to support YN. And still there are lots of obstacles in their way. It's so interesting.

Btw, I'm surprised that our charming prince is still so innocent in romance hahaha. They all say that he's something like notorious womanizer. But not. At first I'm a little confused why he's still shy when applying medicine to YJ. But after watching with sub, I get it clearly. As someone mentioned here before, his relationship with JH is platonic. Our prince is not more experienced in romance than our female inspector at all. Hahaha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, spark101 said:

As expected, the ratings did go up. :)  6.6, 7.9

Still too low for a drama this good. I hope people spread the word and we see double digits next week, fingers crossed! 

Glad the ratings were up, but so as the other dramas...

Tough rivalry...

But I wonder why I can't Google anything about Yi Tan..lol. I was trying to find any reference but can't find one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oceluna said:

Btw, I'm surprised that our charming prince is still so innocent in romance hahaha. They all say that he's something like notorious womanizer. But not. At first I'm a little confused why he's still shy when applying medicine to YJ. But after watching with sub, I get it clearly. As someone mentioned here before, his relationship with JH is platonic. Our prince is not more experienced in romance than our female inspector at all. Hahaha.

Yeah. Actually I guess that is because this will be the first time he actually like someone of the opposite gender.

Their eyes.

The look between them....

Oh... sizzling!

So I'm gonna prepare myself for heartbreak right?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@lightbringer06

"I tried doing my own research, but I can't seem to find anything regarding Yi Tan or Prince Mil Poong. Is that even his name from the history? "

I wrote on Prince Mipunggun Yi Tan (밀풍군 이탄, 密豊君 李坦 1698-1729on page 7 on this forum

He is the Crown Prince Sohyeon Yi Wang 's (소현세자 이왕, 昭顯世子 李汪, 1612 – 1645) great grandson

Injo & his Crown Prince were not in the best of terms especially after the Crown Prince return from his study tour to Manchuria/political hostage to the Qing, later Injo towards his daughter in law Crown Princess Minhoe (1611-1646, Sukjong reinstated her Crown Princess status in 1718, depicted in the drama). Injo charge his daughter in law for treason thus making her sons void to succeed the throne. Injo exile & killed 2 out of 3 Crown Princess Minhoe's son.

Prince Milpunggun Yi Tan descend from Crown Princess Minhoe's youngest son Prince Gyeongangun Yi Hoe (경안군 이회, 慶安君 李檜, 1644 - 1665)

Injo made Grand Prince Bongrim, his 2nd son as Crown Prince & later succeed Injo as Hyojong. Sukjong, Gyeongjong & Yeongjo are from his lineage

The 2013 Jbtc drama Cruel palace - War of Flower (궁중잔혹사 – 꽃들의 전쟁) is one of the best depiction

"And btw, to any Korean historians out there, do you know why they normally change their names when they become the king, like Yi Geum/Yeoning, for example, where it was later changed to King Yeongjo, and his grandson Yi San, changed to Jeongjo who proceeded as the next king.

Take an example on Yeongjo

Given name Yi Geum (이금, 李昑)

Infant name: Hui Su (禧壽), his elder brother from the same mother was Prince Yeongsu (永壽)

At the age 5 investiture with Princedom Prince Yeoning (연잉군, 延礽君) 

When reign as King, he is just known as The King (Jeonha, 전하 殿下).

It is treasonous to address the King by his given name

When he dies, he is given a temple name (묘호, 廟號) Yeongjo (영조,英祖) & history will known him by this name

Other names that Yeongjo bears

Pen-name (호, 號) Yang Seong Heon (양성헌,養性軒)

Courtesy name (자, 字): Gwangsuk (광숙, 光叔)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 3

I repeat again episode 13 and 14 in Sbs before tonight episode..so happy the rating increase.. I can accept the politics  in this drama.. Its so real in reality

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@bebebisous33 Thank you!

@gerrytan8063 Oh, there you are! :D I might have forgotten about it from the previous posts cause I think I was overwhelmed at that time with all the names, as I am not familiar with who is who from the history...lol. Okay, so wait, maybe this is the one thing I miss and confused about, how is Yeoning and Yi Tan related..are they blood related?

On another note..here's a little IG update from Go Ara^-^...

Those eyes are just...mesmerizing every time.

Edited by lightbringer06
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

@lightbringer06

"how is Yeoning and Yi Tan related..are they blood related?"

Yes they are.....they are posterity of Injo

Crown Prince Sohyeon & Grand Prince Bongrim are brothers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

On another note..here's a little IG update from Go Ara^-^...

Those are just...mesmerizing every time.

I love Go Ara! She is a perfect Yeoji, no wonder why among all the cast, she has received the offer first. 

I am totally speechless on this week's episodes. I won't complain about the plot being fast-paced, as long as everything is executed well and clear. Haechi is amazing. I'm amazed every week. I'm lost of words! I am not into politics but Historical drama is not complete without it, and it adds excitement in my opinion, and here in Haechi, it's easy to digest all the issues. The viewers could easily relate through our main characters. Prince Yeoning, Yeoji, Park Moon Soo, and Dal Moon plus Yeoji's Saheonbu friends are the best squad and I love to see more of their adventures. 

Haechi deserves double digit ratings! It's worth to watch because every second counts, no wasted time. It's fun to watch despite all the dark elements in the story. And every character you'll either totally hate or love because they are effective. Everyone shines. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Episode 8

When Ja Dong mentioned to Cho Hong that she will be title Sohon (소훈 昭訓, carries the rank 종5품, 從五品) when she enter the palace but then Cho Hong mentioned how could she as Prince Yeoningun have not render her Seung Eun (승은, 承恩)

Seung Eun (승은, 承恩) is a person who has been render favour or a chance to be bedfellow.

Some had mentioned that Cho Hong is loosely based Royal Noble consort Jeongbin of Yi clan (1694-1721)

History

Jeongbin of Yi clan was a palace maid & enter the Royal Household of Prince Yeoninggun. In 1717 she borne Princess Hwa Eok (화억옹주, 和億翁主 1717-1718). In  1719, she borne Crown Prince Hyojang (효장세자,孝章世子 1719-1728, prior to his Crown Prince, he was title Prince Gyeonguigun - 경의군, 敬義君). In 1721, when Prince Yeoningun became Brother Heir Apparent (Wangseje, 왕세제,王世弟), she was title Sohon (소훈 昭訓). When Prince Yeoningun as Yeongjo ascended the throne in 1724, she was promoted to Senior 4th rank Sowon (소원, 昭媛, 정4품 正四品). 

When Yeongjo made Crown Prince Hyojang (효장세자, 孝章世子) his Heir Apparent, his mother was promoted to Jeongbin (정빈이씨 靖嬪李氏) 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 6

Woohoo...such a cliche scene for my otp.

But, I like it.

Although a little unrealistic.

YG stared at YJ with his mouth open. :D

Like he saw a woman without the top of her hanbok 

for the first time ever.

And again, no woman is as naive as YJ, not to notice some signs. 

Now, Im waiting for an accidental kiss. :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

The latest episode  is too best...yeah fighting my hero.. You will become the king..I want to cry happiness:bawling:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

YG stared at YJ with his mouth open. :D

Like he saw a woman without the top of her hanbok 

for the first time ever.

And again, no woman is as naive as YJ, not to notice some signs. 

Funny and cute scene! 

YN is startled because it's YJ -- of all ladies, it's his "brother" :lol: And about YJ being clueless... YN is right that she is not a "normal woman" :D

28 minutes ago, shynaz said:

The latest episode best so far.. :wub: yeah fighting my hero.. You will become the king

Totally! 

Every latest episode has become the best... I hope that'll continue

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

12 minutes ago, yoo1 said:

Its true.. I hope will be consistent for the next episode.. 

I screaming when my Yi Geum get the respected from the minister.. The power that he get will change situation after this..

Still cry happiness..because its just two reason.. Killed or become the king.. 

Oh my I want to write more but I lack of words..lol..please sbs you need give more promote this drama.. Please tell the world  about this drama... :wub:

• Like 5

Very exciting ep. It’s funny to see DM ‘s reaction when he’s ready to fight with the old man and suddenly YJ attack the old man’s leg. Anyway PMS is a real history figure. I read he was a famous secret investigator. Since YJ is fiction, probably the writer divide PMS’s ability and give it to YJ.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, yoo1 said:

Funny and cute scene! 

YN is startled because it's YJ -- of all ladies, it's his "brother" :lol: And about YJ being clueless... YN is right that she is not a "normal woman" :D

Totally! 

Every latest episode has become the best... I hope that'll continue

Hahaha...so true...

If they kiss that will be the clumsiest kiss in a k-drama. :D

• LOL 4

H hi.... i lost my original account since i forgot my old email address, hence had to create new account in this forum... wish i can back my old account back... ah well...

Anyways, havent been active since WWWSK, but after seeing JIL's first drama after his military /police service, I'm back! Happy to see the ratings are going up and its good that the drama has some comedy. LIke others, i have been googling on the King and found that he never actually 'slept' with his first wife - like until he died.... woha...

I'm big on the romance part and hope the YN has some with YJ? :)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

H hi.... i lost my original account since i forgot my old email address, hence had to create new account in this forum... wish i can back my old account back... ah well...

Anyways, havent been active since WWWSK, but after seeing JIL's first drama after his military /police service, I'm back! Happy to see the ratings are going up and its good that the drama has some comedy. LIke others, i have been googling on the King and found that he never actually 'slept' with his first wife - like until he died.... woha...

I'm big on the romance part and hope the YN has some with YJ? :)

Seriously didnt slept with the first wife.. :o because this drama I feel annoy to first wife..its more politice marriage.. And this drama also mention he didnt sleept with.. I forgot her name..so episode 1 they didnt do it.. 

Oh my... :P

• LOL 5