Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Park in her superior's office. She was informed that Kim went to the banquet and caused a scene again, although he just came and eat and left. Then he said something else, she agreed reluctantly but when outside she started kicking into the air and venting her frustration.

Kim walked up to the convenience store, and saw the alba-guy going out, he and the immigrant talking and eating outside. Kim is listening in their conversation. Sorry not catching much as there was interruption. Basically about Father Lee. Kim became full of thoughts after listening to their conversation. He looked at his hand (that is used for fighting), went back to Lee's room and saw his image working at his table.

Morning came, junior priest came to the room with Kim sitting there. He handed the priest robe to him, and then they waited in front of the church buildings. Sister said something as in the preview. Slowly people are coming. Starting with the alba-guy and immigrant, then the psychiatrist lady. Two ladies are standing rather far and hesitant about going in or not. Kim walked up to them and asked them if they want to go in or not. They were saying excuses, but he just scolded them, and they left in anger.

Mass started, very few people. Park went in very quietly but Kim saw her. When she got out, Kim went after her, and reminded her that she doesn't need to come. They started bickering again, lol...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Immigrant arrived at his restaurant workplace. The bad guy came out and started bullying him again. Hwang is eating inside the restaurant with the lady. They talked about Father Kim. Lady asked him to do something, whatever it takes.

In some kind of worship place, dark with colorful spotlights. As in preview, the leader talked about the recent news about a catholic priest. End of first part episode.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Start of next part episode.

The leader in a private room with one member of the congregation, she is being conned. Just then, Hwang came in and interrupted them. They seemed to know each other already, although not on friendly terms. Hwang is proposing something, which the leader rather questioning about.

The four baddies drinking and talking again.

In a basement, Hwang is looking through the resume of Kim, but see nothing interesting. Stacks of money is being prepared by his men in boxes of food.

Park is also looking at Kim's resume on her computer, but found nothing too.

Kim is packing Father Lee's stuff. Then his foot accidentally hit a box under the table. He opened it, and saw a folder of newspaper clippings of the lady and the other three guys. There were pictures of food, then pictures of little girl, then a journal written by Lee. He fought about something before, and it's about greed. He went to those giants for help, but were ignored.

Kim then shared what he found with Junior and Sister. They were sad that Lee had been fighting alone all these times. They were determined to continue the fight together. Sister asked how though. Kim looked up to the cross and remembered what Park said earlier, and got inspirations.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Kim is in his room, trying to write a foreign letter with a translation app. Finally the letter is done. He sealed it and prayed over it. Funny thing is he was disturbed by the mosquito again, and he started hunting it with the racket and finally got it, lol...

Gu and Seo patrolling at neighborhood they're responsible for. Gu went inside a building while Seo waited outside. A lady screamed for help, so she ran after the robber, and into the Russian area that Gu has warned her never to go in there herself. Gu came out, can't find her until a passerby told him she ran that direction.

In the bar that Hwang is often in with our eye-liner ahjusshi. They're talking until they heard screaming by Seo. They went out to see Seo pinning down the robber on the ground. Hwang said some stuff and left, eye-liner ahjusshi came and got angry at Seo, knowing she is a newbie. Him and his men about to walk up to her, but Gu arrived in time, apologized and took Seo away. Seo was angry at him, said some stuff, and they parted not in good terms. Gu was rather disturbed by it so he went to drink at the mini-mart.

Montage of Kim checking the mail and waiting for letter, day by day. But no letter arrived.

Rome. A father rushed in to hand a letter to the Pope. The Pope then wrote a letter to someone quite of importance (the President?), but we're not shown the face. (As in preview)

One of the giants received a phone call, and he was just going ne? ne? NE?!! in increasing pitch. Then Park also got off a call and shouted Daebak, then she happily paced around her office cheering.

Kim and Junior were also shouting and yelling and jumping in joy at the church. But Sister reminded them something that got them to stop a while, but as soon as she is gone, they cheered again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The baddies are gathered at the Russian cafe again, saying that it's difficult now that a VIP has requested for it to be done. Chief Police came up with an idea. I think Kim is supposed to be involved in the re-investigation. (I think the case of Father Lee is re-opened)

Next we see Gu is being asked by Chief Police to assist Kim, he was being promised a promotion. He wasn't happy about it though because he is making fists and kicks outside the room.

Russian cafe. Hwang and eye-liner ahjusshi talking. Next we see the two fake witnesses being driven by the men of eye-liner ahjusshi to somewhere. They were happy about it, thinking they're being sent on a trip.

Kim arrived at the police station, and shocked to find out the officer assisting him will be Gu. He asked for a more qualified person, but denied of course. Seo wanted to join, but team leader not allowing change, I think. Gu proclaimed that he is able and they decided on a face off? They walked in slow motion away from the police station with some cool background music.

Preview:

Kim at Hwang's office building. They're met with some difficulties but Gu doesn't seem to be of much help, so later in the station Kim shoved stuff off from his desk. Park was given another assignment by her boss and she is beginning to become upset about it. Park met drunken Kim outside the mini-mart.

Note to self~ need to start remembering the names of the baddies :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Am I missing something, why they need children in the orphanage , or I get wrong They need the building where the orphanage is . 

After tonight's episode, it seems that children are being used as some kind of guinea pig...? And Father Lee was fighting for it. Need to wait for subs. There is something bigger that the baddies are doing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @ktcjdrama for the live recap. Refreshing this forum, insta and Twitter #thefierypriest simultaneously lolcan’t wait to watch tonight’s episode 

there is still hope, let’s be patient and the good always triumphs evil in the end

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

Am I missing something, why they need children in the orphanage , or I get wrong They need the building where the orphanage is . 

Thanks for the recaps @ktcjdrama. From what I recall- Hwang kept harassing Lee because he wanted to manage the facility that houses the orphans, to which Father Lee heavily objected - which I believe led to him being murdered. So in another drama - Lawless Lawyer , something similar  like that also took place. But what they did was they were using the names of these orphans to siphon money ( money laundering), and I am wondering if it will be the same here

---------------

Food truck support for Lee Honey from her fan club for her birthday!

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Omo. Can't wait for tmr's episode! Then will dread for the entire week after cause have to wait again :(

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

Omo. Can't wait for tmr's episode! Then will dread for the entire week after cause have to wait again :(

No episode tomorrow. It is a Friday - Saturday drama - a new time slot for SBS.

This is funny :D

Not sure why , but cuts on IG are sparse. Can't find any , so will patiently wait for subs. This is a snippet of the preview: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@nidcha202 pretty good ratings considering that Saturday is like a battlefield with all the weekenders that have strong following 

Very positive k netz comments for Friday’s episode 

[The Fiery Priest] Eps 5 & 6 spoilers, Kim Nam Gil x Lee Honey

Spoiler

fiery.png

Article: Naver The real reason to why Kim Nam Gil turns into a 'The Fiery Priest'... immersion that doesn't allow you to take your eyes off 

1. [+626,-10]
Kim Nam Gil kicking was the climax. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+337,-17]
Kim Nam Gil and Lee Honey. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The two bickering is so funny. ㅋㅋ I hope to see them working together quickly. ㅋㅋㅋ 

3. [+300,-9]
Priest Michael is so cool, he has that young, handsome boy look, his height, and his voice that God blessed him with.. Going to be a first broadcast killer today too!

4. [+216,-12]
Why did it end so quickly? I thought I was watching a movie. 

5. [+166,-15]
It's starting to be interesting now.. Their acting skills are exploding^^ 

6. [+81,-1]
Kim Nam Gil matches that priest uniform so well. The priest next to him looks really like a assistant priest... I didn't know that celebrities would match priest uniforms so well. 

7. [+54,-1]
His legs are long, it feels so refreshing when he turned around and kicked. ♥

8. [+50,-1]
I know the same scriptwriter wrote 'Chief Kim'. But both leads don't only get bullied all the time, and they are serious, yet comical. It's meaningful too. It's totally interesting. 

priest.png
Article: Naver 'The Fiery Priest' Kim Nam Gil X Lee Honey's bickering scene records peak at 20.6% ratings... 1st place as a Friday-Saturday drama  

• 5th episode records 14.7% and the 6th episode hits 16.2%. 
  • Kim Nam Gil and Lee Honey's bickering scene reaches peak at 20.6%. 

1. [+947,-23]
The story itself is frustrating, but I like it because Kim Nam Gil is refreshing. Lee Honey is an ambitious prosecutor, but why don't I hate her..? ㅋㅋ The actors have good acting skills and the story immersion is the best too. It's funny, serious, annoying, and then touching.. This is a well-made drama. 

2. [+583,-15]
Wow, a viewer ratings of 20% on a public tv channel would be considered high these days. At this rate, MBC and KBS are going to add in dramas airing on Fridays and Saturdays. 

3. [+386,-10]
Yesterday's episode was a little frustrating but Kim Nam Gil's scenes are refreshing so I'm going to trust the drama and watch today's broadcast. 20% ratings would be considered high these days. Daebak. 

4. [+273,-22]
An hour just flew by so quickly. ㅠㅠㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+153,-11]
The chemistry between Kim Nam Gil and Lee Honey is good. 

6. [+71,-1]
It's amazing. 16.2% ratings. Kim Nam Gil saves the public tv channels. There are no makjangs, no acting holes, it's light and there are sad scenes too. These days, there's nothing else to watch other than this. I'm tired of couples with age difference and cheap romance stories. 

7. [+53,-1]
To be honest, I was still going to watch even if it's not interesting because I'm Kim Nam Gil's fan. But it's fun and Nam Gil-ssi's comical, action, romance, humor, he can do everything

credit to https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-fiery-priest-eps-5-6-spoilers-kim.html

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

“The Fiery Priest” Ratings Rise As Comic Murder Investigation Gets Underway

Feb 24, 2019
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “The Fiery Priest” is quickly gaining steam!

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 23 broadcast of the unconventional comedy continued the drama’s upward trend by seeing an increase in viewership ratings from the previous night. “The Fiery Priest” scored average nationwide viewership ratings of 13.0 percent during its first half and 15.7 percent during its second, with a peak of 20.1 percent.

Notably, the episode marked the second night in a row that the drama managed to surpass 30 percent with its peak viewership ratings.

Spoiler

The most-watched minute of the night was the moment when hot-tempered priest Kim Hae Il (played by Kim Nam Gil) reluctantly agreed to partner up with bumbling detective Goo Dae Young (played by Kim Sung Kyun) to investigate the murder of elderly priest Lee Young Joon (played by Jung Dong Hwan). In a hilariously childish standoff, the two men agreed to make a bet—if Goo Dae Young managed to solve the case, Kim Hae Il would treat him to an expensive cut of steak.

“The Fiery Priest” airs on Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1305848wpp/the-fiery-priest-ratings-rise-as-comic-murder-investigation

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Oh god , that incredibly emotional 

Somssatekalaktanaprasser & Yo Han  missing the Father Lee:bawling:

3A1A155A-EAB7-4B9C-8A46-9D1EED569B92.md.

• Like 6

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Kim Nam Gil :) :wub:

Fiery Priest Photoshoot. The dog is cute too :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Somssatekalaktanaprasser

Is that really his name? So long?? I am going to just call him Som from now on :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4