Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2019] The Fiery Priest, 열혈사제 - "WE WILL BE BACK !"

Somsak with Yohan at their usual spot, chatting. Sorry stream skipped. His face is bruised from the slap. He is getting furious, Yohan is telling him good stuff to make him happy. But he got up quickly because there is a guest coming. It's Park at the cashier. He told her something that got her worked up. Then Kim appeared in drunken state to pay for his stuff. They're talking about 93, I'm not sure about what. Kim stumbled out of the store (as in preview). Park helped him up. They have some talk but I'm not understanding much. But Kim said something about her being a smart person.

Park in her house at her desk. She thought back about what Kim said. Then she made a call to her colleague, asking about the idol that is being held for drug abuse.

Gu at his semi-basement apartment. So messy.

Drunken Kim microwaved the buns he bought from the convenience store, he served them to Han and Sister Kim. So funny here, because it's still piping hot and he kinda fed the buns into their mouth. Then he poured some sauce and spilled them all over. They both hurried him inside, promising they will eat the buns.

Kim went into his room and started to think of something. He fell asleep and flashback to the explosion again. We're seeing more of it. After he got blast off, he got back on his feet and confronted his friend who said he had checked that no one is in there. They got into fighting because the other guy just simply want to leave insisting that no one was there. He shot Kim who was on top of him. Flashback to Kim in fights and rescued by Father Lee. Kim was thoughtful as he light the candles in the sanctuary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

he walked out and kicked the water dispenser again.  

2uygqy.gif

The refrigerator water filter is like a blast tool for his emotions.:joy:

After ending the drama, I hope it will continue to work as before.:mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Gu woke up, and then he went to Russian cafe and met with Hwang. The eyeliner uncle is there too. Anyway, Gu was about to leave, then Hwang said something about his ex-partner which made Gu looked back. He left the place, and saw someone being beaten, flashback to his partner being beaten, him too. Present time, the men beating the guy motioned to him to leave. So he left. He got a call, it's about the CCTV.

Seo at the station, showing Gu and Kim some footage. Gu exchanging glances with team leader. Kim got angry at the sub-standard work of the police and pushed stuff down the table (as in preview). The police got angry that he kept destroying police properties. Kim was outside, he then destroyed the standing posters. Just then, some kindergarten kids came out with their teacher and cried where are they going to take their picture now that the cardboard posters are gone. That person is not a priest, right? The teacher said that person must not be one. Kim covered his collar looking guilty and walked away. All this witnessed by the psychiatrist.

Park in her office, they got a call that the idol committed suicide. She got called by her boss.

Police station. Psychiatrist is giving some leaflets for the police, saying that some of them might need it. Seo commented that she is pretty, Gu said yeah right, but when she handed him the leaflet, he got totally smitten.

Kim arrived at some computer store that is already closed. The staff there greeted him but got scared right away seeing that it's him. Kim told him to sit down, no need to worry. He said he's not doing any hacking anymore, but Kim basically blackmailed him to do again, lol...

Seo at her desk, and received a text message from Kim about the whereabouts of the two witnesses. It's in the Petite France village. They're dining when Seo came to them. They got scared and cried out for Russian oppa... Seo fought them, and almost losing, but Kim came and delivered his signature kick again. End of episode.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Preview: (too fast, I'm sure I missed some)

Gu got scolded by his superior.

Cult leader talking to the kids at the facility. (Those who were playing with Kim at church ground)

Cult leader leading the service when Gu and Kim came to see, he said something which made everyone's attention turned to Kim and they started adoring him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Drunken Kim microwaved the buns he bought from the convenience store, he served them to Han and Sister Kim. So funny here, because it's still piping hot and he kinda fed the buns into their mouth. Then he poured some sauce and spilled them all over. They both hurried him inside, promising they will eat the buns.

Priests frantically look funny:joy:

I watched it many times. He is a real funny person.:mrgreen:

2uyhy4.gif

2uyi9i.gif

2uyj8h.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Congratulated the ratings very well:heart:

image.png

https://twitter.com/NetizenDrama

The Fiery Priest” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Mar 2, 2019
by E. Cha

SBS’s new drama “The Fiery Priest” shows no signs of slowing down!

Viewership ratings for “The Fiery Priest” have been on the rise ever since the mystery-comedy’s premiere on February 15, and they soared to an all-time high with the drama’s latest episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the March 1 broadcast of “The Fiery Priest” scored average nationwide ratings of 14.0 percent during its first half and 17.2 percent during its second, with viewership peaking at an impressive 22.6 percent and setting a new personal record for the Friday-Saturday drama.

MBC’s variety show “The More You Eat with Don Spike” scored an average rating of 2.3 percent during the same time slot, while KBS 2TV’s “Music Shuffle Show: The Hit” scored average ratings of 2.2 percent and 2.3 percent for the night.

“The Fiery Priest” is an unconventional comedy about a hot-tempered Catholic priest and a bumbling detective who join forces to solve a murder. The next episode of the drama will air on March 2 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307235wpp/the-fiery-priest-achieves-its-highest-viewership-ratings-yet

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I guess we're still in the set up phase of this drama before Father Kim, Detective Gu, and Prosecutor Park join forces to be the team for good, but I have to say that the last few episodes have been depressing in terms of how crooked the system is when the police chief and the prosecutor general are both intent on lining their own pockets without regard to the society that they are supposed to serve and protect, and the people beneath them fall into line, including Detective Gu and Prosecutor Park. That is just so depressing that I can't find any humor in the broad comedy that this drama uses to alleviate some of the darkness of the subject matter.

I see how Detective Gu has been beaten down into accepting that he can't go against his superiors if his partner died for going against the established order. And, Prosecutor Park feels helpless because she doesn't have enough power yet to go against the status quo. I wonder if the suicide of the young Idol who was made to take the fall instead of the son of the influential family in the drug bust has changed something in Prosecutor Park about how cavalierly she was following orders to frame this or that person instead of charging the actual ones who commit crimes? Also, I hope that nothing happens to Detective Gu's newbie partner because she's zealous about stopping crime and pursuing justice. Then again, something further probably has to happen to shake Detective Gu out of his pessimistic determination to do nothing other than as ordered by his superiors and the loan shark.

I'm glad that Father Kim at least has the support of the younger priest when everyone else is so relentless about distracting him and getting him to quiet down. Btw, I'm also so done with the nun who is just disapproving of everything about Father Kim. And, actually, I guess Father Kim also has the support of the rookie detective in trying to get justice for Father Lee.

I trust this writer since I loved Chief Kim so much, but I suppose I'm just antsy for the Team of Righteousness to form up and tackle the bad guys.

• Like 8

Gosh, after watching with subs, my blood is just boiling hot with the police and prosecution office... These people totally manipulated the evidence to mess up the re-investigation by editing the CCTV footage. I can totally understand the rage of Kim when he pushed those cartridges off the table and destroyed the cardboard figures.

I still don't know what will make Park turn around, although I'm seeing signs that Gu might turn around soon. She totally understood she is doing wrong things and chose to do so. At least with Gu, we are sometimes shown some of his reluctance and inner conflict of doing things as instructed. He has no choice but threatened/blackmailed into doing so.

Can we have a slight hope that the Chief Prosecutor who called Park's boss be someone upright and not corrupted??

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I guess we're still in the set up phase of this drama before Father Kim, Detective Gu, and Prosecutor Park join forces to be the team for good, but I have to say that the last few episodes have been depressing in terms of how crooked the system is when the police chief and the prosecutor general are both intent on lining their own pockets without regard to the society that they are supposed to serve and protect, and the people beneath them fall into line, including Detective Gu and Prosecutor Park. That is just so depressing that I can't find any humor in the broad comedy that this drama uses to alleviate some of the darkness of the subject matter.

I see how Detective Gu has been beaten down into accepting that he can't go against his superiors if his partner died for going against the established order. And, Prosecutor Park feels helpless because she doesn't have enough power yet to go against the status quo. I wonder if the suicide of the young Idol who was made to take the fall instead of the son of the influential family in the drug bust has changed something in Prosecutor Park about how cavalierly she was following orders to frame this or that person instead of charging the actual ones who commit crimes? Also, I hope that nothing happens to Detective Gu's newbie partner because she's zealous about stopping crime and pursuing justice. Then again, something further probably has to happen to shake Detective Gu out of his pessimistic determination to do nothing other than as ordered by his superiors and the loan shark.

I'm glad that Father Kim at least has the support of the younger priest when everyone else is so relentless about distracting him and getting him to quiet down. Btw, I'm also so done with the nun who is just disapproving of everything about Father Kim. And, actually, I guess Father Kim also has the support of the rookie detective in trying to get justice for Father Lee.

I trust this writer since I loved Chief Kim so much, but I suppose I'm just antsy for the Team of Righteousness to form up and tackle the bad guys.

In total agreement with everything you've written above. After watching this last episode, I'm beginning to lose interest in continuing the show unless they quickly put the trio together, by tonight's episode if possible, at least put two together first, the other one I guess I can still wait for it to happen next week.

I sure hope nothing happen to Seo as well, but now that you mentioned it, and seeing how Gu's previous partner was killed, I fear for her. Especially also because she isn't really mentioned in the cast line-up, meaning that her role will be minimal in the story... ?? I hope Father Kim can protect her from the baddies.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

In total agreement with everything you've written above. After watching this last episode, I'm beginning to lose interest in continuing the show unless they quickly put the trio together, by tonight's episode if possible, at least put two together first, the other one I guess I can still wait for it to happen next week.

I sure hope nothing happen to Seo as well, but now that you mentioned it, and seeing how Gu's previous partner was killed, I fear for her. Especially also because she isn't really mentioned in the cast line-up, meaning that her role will be minimal in the story... ?? I hope Father Kim can protect her from the baddies.

Seo is just so fearless and still in her idealistic phase as a rookie. I can imagine that in her zeal to do right, she'll be injured or killed, and perhaps that will be the final straw for Gu? It took his former partner's death to put Gu into a pessimistic frame of mind where he is powerless to do anything anyway. I became really sad when he looked at Ssong getting beaten up by the thugs, struggled with his conscience for a bit, before just turning his back and walking away. So, it may take the injury or death of another partner of his to shake him into some semblance of his conscience.

I do hope that Seo survives and becomes a true partner for Gu in fighting crime.

• Like 7

“The Fiery Priest” Filming Is Put On Hold As Kim Nam Gil Suffers Rib Injury While Filming Scene

by J. Lim
1ba6b351249f4967b994f6fb83475ecb.jpeg?s=

Kim Nam Gil has suffered another injury while filming for SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The Fiery Priest.”

On March 2, it was reported that the actor had suffered from a rib fracture while filming a scene for the drama. His agency C-JeS Entertainment confirmed the news and stated, “While filming a group action scene for an upcoming episode, Kim Nam Gil suffered a fracture in his ribs and is currently hospitalized. Filming for tomorrow has been canceled.”

They went on to explain, “The broadcasting company and medical staff are currently in talks about when he will be able to return to the set. We are waiting for a full diagnosis after CT scans and other tests in the afternoon before we make a final decision about his schedule.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1307267wpp/the-fiery-priest-filming-is-put-on-hold-as-kim-nam-gil-suffers-rib-injury-while-filming-scene

I am so sorry that he was injured. Action scenes are dangerous. This is the third injury of Kim Nam Gil while filming this drama and this one is more severe. His health is the most important thing, and I wish they would have provided a stunt double for action scenes for the drama. Get well soon.

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

:tears: I like seeing him in action, but seriously, the production team needs to prohibit him from doing the stunts himself. He's even suffering from dyspnea already from the rib injury :scream:

I hope they will give him enough rest, and most importantly, he himself will be obedient to the medical team and not insist on going back to filming by forcing on his condition... I really don't mind not having new episodes airing next week, which I'm sure all the fans are of the same thought.

• Like 4

While i enjoy KG swirling and looking cool with that black priest robe- i still worry when i confirmed his final ending scene in episode 10 that it was his own stunt (yep i replayed it slow mo frame by frame haha). He already has rib injury in 2014 for his drama Shark and this could have been a repercussion . Gosh Namgil you’re 39 not 29 :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:tears: I like seeing him in action, but seriously, the production team needs to prohibit him from doing the stunts himself. He's even suffering from dyspnea already from the rib injury :scream:

I hope they will give him enough rest, and most importantly, he himself will be obedient to the medical team and not insist on going back to filming by forcing on his condition... I really don't mind not having new episodes airing next week, which I'm sure all the fans are of the same thought.

had to look up that word as I didn't know what dyspnea means -- it is shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing :scream:.... hope the crew and PD takes the actor's well being and safety in mind before filming.. so many injuries -- didn't the stunt master choreograph the fight scenes taking the actor's abilities in mind??

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

didn't the stunt master choreograph the fight scenes taking the actor's abilities in mind??

I think KNG wanted to do it himself, not wanting stuntman to do it in his stead... :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 5