[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really glad that both Baek Jin Hee & In Gyo Jin won awards last night!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YOU TWO DESERVE THOSE AWARDS!!!!!

I am pretty sad that Kang Ji Wan wasn't there.... Hope he wins next time with another great drama! :)

Baek Jin hee was so emotional as she won The Excellence award for female!! :wub: She's so talented! And I want more from her as well! I like her more & more b'cause she's also in my age!!! She's really talented! And I want to see her next in non-office drama with a long hair!! :love:  LOVE YOU, darling!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2YUZdoa0lk&feature=player_embedded

Kang ji hwan is a very warm person. He is so kind to people around him. I wish he was in the awards yesterday. He would have hugged both Baek Jin Hee (to make up for the long-waited hug scene in the drama that we wanted badly , no worries from her BF, as KJH is 13 years older than her :D) and also Gyo jin for winning 

On 12/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, gbrd said:

I remember kind of being bowled over the first time I saw that scene simply because of Roo Da's strong reaction to him telling her to stop caring about him. Up to that point she was pretty adamant about hating him and only associating with him because of the time loop, but during this scene we see how invested she actually is in her time with him. It was like a slap in the face for her, but she basically told him that she was only being nice to him because of the time loop and he felt a bit hurt by that. I think he was genuinely enjoying their brief partnership (especially when she randomly hugs him or grabs his hands), and he was trying really hard to please her even back then, and so when she told him it was all a lie he felt betrayed.

Oh, definitely. She manhandles him A LOT in those first episodes and I think he quite enjoys it. I love the scene where he takes her to the police station to prosecute her for harassment and when the officers ask her to reenact the crime his eyebrow goes up and he gets a little excited. And when she covers his mouth for the first time it is shot in a really romantic, breathless way (even though the conclusion to that scene is him throwing her hand off of him and trying to spit off her germs). But the more she touches him, the more he begins to acquiesce to her, and in that scene where he tells her to stop caring about him, she tries to touch him but he stops her. He is definitely weak to her touch.

I love talking about the characters' psyche/thoughts so no worries. This has become one of my most favourite drama of all time.

I think she cares about him at that point, and I wished her thoughts was more well explored (ie more Rooda's thoughts to herself aloud, but I understood they does not include it due to creating suspense for the drama) – something like Rooda’s thoughts at car accident and her monologue post BJS confession. I do think that if there is something like Netflix they wont worry about ratings by episode.

For BJS, its very interesting to see how the actor, writer and director (the cinematography is very on point with this) charts BJS trajectory on physical touch. He was initially obsessed with being germ-free (which symbolized his loneliness physically and mentally), to some initial doubts about being touched by Rooda (Memo scene, 1st hug) and to acceptance (there is a lot in between heh). Which is why I found it touching when the security guard proclaimed that BJS will be lonely and without anyone caring about him but Rooda’s appearance proved otherwise.

I mentioned Hotaru no Hikari because it has similar dynamics (except that Boss and staff are pretty friendly early on), both shared similar beliefs and understand each other more and both dramas involve mistaken love type of trope. It's my fav too :D

For Junho/Rooda: I wished it was better explored in the form of monologues, but there are indications:

She was definitely trying her best to be sincere with Junho, but its not gonna work, because Junho does not view as strongly as her on her core beliefs, such as absolute trust within loved ones, workers’ rights (there is some fundamental Confucian beliefs on caring your family and in this case, MW Chicken) nor truly understand her, including her strengths and weakness. Junho definitely views her as a form of replacement for his family, hence his plea before the showdown comes off as needy. I view her relationship with Junho in original timeline as some form of doomed tragedy tbh.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:25 AM, gbrd said:

Yes, very much so! I was thinking the same thing. Because we saw so little of their romantic relationship, there is so much to be explored between them, and it just may be the thing to bring me back into the world of fanfiction.

There is some fanfiction stuff in my mind, such as from Rooda POV from realisation to confession and her road to caring others at EP1 - 6 is pretty great. Let me know what you have in your mind. I was thinking of posting here and creating a tag over Archive of Our own.

@selenetteI am writing it with lots of procrastination on my side :sweatingbullets:

@angiedramadive @Heidi Seow There is a netizen noted on her review for EP1 that the first scene reminds her strongly of BDSM scenes.

@Heidi Seow   He definitely uses a lot of nasal voices, he sounds like someone speaking with helium :D

What’s the timeline of the last scene? Could anyone place the timeline? I think its around Dec/Jan and if they are talking about year-end report its definitely Jan unless they are doing some form of pre-closing report. Btw how far along is Ms Choi's pregnancy at beginning of drama?

13 hours ago, selenette said:

@Heidi Seow The high pitch tone was also used during the scene when he called 119 in Ep 1 (elevator scene). It sounds so annoying and he sure knows how to do that. :joy::joy:

He used high pitch tone when he is in sarcasm. Although sound annoying but still cant get over it. :joy: It sound like he is in singing form.. hahaha!!

12 hours ago, jenappelle said:

@angiedramadive @Heidi Seow There is a netizen noted on her review for EP1 that the first scene reminds her strongly of BDSM scenes.

@Heidi Seow   He definitely uses a lot of nasal voices, he sounds like someone speaking with helium :D

What’s the timeline of the last scene? Could anyone place the timeline? I think its around Dec/Jan and if they are talking about year-end report its definitely Jan unless they are doing some form of pre-closing report. Btw how far along is Ms Choi's pregnancy at beginning of drama?

Hahaha!!! Totally agree!!! I think both them have BDSM subconscious:joy: Did you guy found out that when last scene ep 1 (long episode) when RuDa fight back and grab BJS's collar, she take off her watch, lanyard badge and long coat, BJS did exactly same same back to Ruda after next day. And he did again after RuDa use A4 box hit his head. :joy: Are they both really like character play??? :naughty: 

Mrs. Choi already in 27 weeks pregnancy (ep.1). When they signed union contract time is 30 November. I think the last scene should be around 1st or 2nd week December 

@jenappelle That's a great fic idea because I really want Roo-da's perspective to be broached. If possible, I'd love to read these:

a. Did she really fall in love with Joon-ho or sympathize with him, or crush on him, and when exactly these happened?

Her attitude towards this character changed abruptly in Episode 16 after consistent rejection in at least six episodes prior to that.

b. When did Roo-da start to fall for Jin-sang and why? What were his latent qualities that she admired?

She always cared for but openly rejected Jin-sang  (Episodes 17-18) then showed deep affection and unquestionable loyalty to him from  the end of Episode 18 and beyond.

c. When Jin-sang confessed his feelings for her, did Roo-da already harbor denied feelings for the character?

She rejected him again, but was deeply affected by his confession (Episodes 22-23). Is this one of the moments where she fell for Jin-sang? 

I love the "I realized that I love you when you were nearly killed" trope so I accepted Roo-da's change of heart and/or realization quite easily. But I can see how it must've been hard to swallow for viewers who dislike this trope or support Joon-ho staunchly. 

Roo-da was always written as a honest, caring person, so I don't think that the writer meant for her to appear as either callous or erratic. I believe that this is only the case of poor writing, of some sort, whether it was done on purpose like you said, or because there were too many plot threads to build. 

As for the finale's timing, in my opinion to create a parallel with Roo-da's death in the previous timeline, it'll be interesting to set it on early January 2019. 

Choi Min-joo's pregnancy was 27 weeks old by November 7, 2018. 

@Lawyerh not just you but RD is attracted to his high pitch also. Are you trying to compete with her to get BJS? Lol.

Hey, it’s wednesday again & it’s kind of empty without FGTD :tears:

I would love to read your fanfic @jenappelle. Hope you’re still planning to do that :D Ah, and if you do, i would like to add one more aspect to all the points Selenette mentioned above: their kinky life as an official couple hahaha.

This is the 1st week without Baek Jin Sang & Lee Roo Da :sweatingbullets: I suddenly feel so empty without them!!

I just saw Baek JIn Hee at KBS Drama Awards 2018! She's really beautiful than she was in Jugglers now!

But couldn't catch up with Kang Ji Wan... Is he really sick guys..?? I felt something is wrong with him with his down-like face, but I never expected that he's really sick! :tears: Isn't there anything we can do for him to cheer him up..?! :o Then I also want to join with you all!! How can he be sick in the new year..?! Poor guy!!

@Lawyerh @jenappelleand me are still trying to get into his Daum fancafe. But as neither of us had visited that place we're a bit confused how to get membership of the cafe (not the Daum site itself) to be able to post cheering messages etc. She read the news from cnetz translation (summarized and taken from Kang Ji-hwan's message to the fan cafe). 

@gm4queenYes he did look sick and exhausted in the last episodes. In fact, what he told the fancafe (based on the cnetz translation) was that he blamed himself for the low ratings and that filming romcom was more exhausting than melo (perhaps especially so since the genre is partially a fantasy time loop). 

Still, he thanked us for watching, the PD for her good leadership and guidance, costars, crews. 

In other words he didn't blame anyone but himself. 

I still have to get his original message in Hangul to verify the parts about his feelings etc. 

1 hour ago, selenette said:

I’m always afraid this would happen. He has stated that he always feels the lead role is the most responsibility for a success of a drama.

Also, in KBS Award 2018, BJH won for her role in FGTD but he didnt. So i think he would blame himself even more! (like she’s excellent, if not bc of him the drama would have been better!)

I’m so sad that he’s thinking that way. For me, the main reason i watched FGTD is for sure bc of BJS! If anyone deserve to win an award, that would be KJH! (no offense to Baek Jin Hee). But we all know, he’s the star and the soul of the show!

We should send our appreciation for his role as BJS and how we think this is the best portrayal of him in the past years!

Ps: about he didnt get the award i think it’s bc of the bad timing (the transformation of BJS is at the later half of the show, not many Koreans stay until then to witness this. For BJH, her role was quite impressive at the beginning) & the unpoplular of the drama (so even some loves BJS at the end, the vote for KJH is still alot lesser than other actors).

Let me see if I can register to the fancafe, or just ask our friend @jenappelle to send the message on our behalf. The procedure is quite bothersome for someone unfamiliar with how fancafes are run. :sweatingbullets:

Kang Ji-hwan's message is quite long (he poured his heart out, the poor thing) and apparently we're not allowed to translate everything or screenshoot it. But I will summarize it for you later. 

Baek Jin-sang is his most engaging role to date and that's the hill that I'll die on. From his past roles, I like the ones in Capital Scandal and Children of a Lesser God the most. However, this role (Baek Jin-sang) requires another level of subtlety, not to mention the ability to tackle the shifts from fantasy, to slice of life, to office genres. So it's currently number one on my favorite list. 

2 hours ago, selenette said:

@Lawyerh @jenappelleand me are still trying to get into his Daum fancafe. But as neither of us had visited that place we're a bit confused how to get membership of the cafe (not the Daum site itself) to be able to post cheering messages etc. She read the news from cnetz translation (summarized and taken from Kang Ji-hwan's message to the fan cafe). 

@gm4queenYes he did look sick and exhausted in the last episodes. In fact, what he told the fancafe (based on the cnetz translation) was that he blamed himself for the low ratings and that filming romcom was more exhausting than melo (perhaps especially so since the genre is partially a fantasy time loop). 

Still, he thanked us for watching, the PD for her good leadership and guidance, costars, crews. 

I still have to get his original message in Hangul to verify the parts about his feelings etc. 

Lol, it is stressful.  I was so happy to get to the message to be part of the cafe, but now it's saying I'm just a guest and to find a bulletin board and get enlightened or rank up through activities.

42 minutes ago, selenette said:

Let me see if I can register to the fancafe, or just ask our friend @jenappelle to send the message on our behalf. The procedure is quite bothersome for someone unfamiliar with how fancafes are run. :sweatingbullets:

Kang Ji-hwan's message is quite long (he poured his heart out, the poor thing) and apparently we're not allowed to translate everything or screenshoot it. But I will summarize it for you later. 

Baek Jin-sang is his most engaging role to date and that's the hill that I'll die on. From his past roles, I like the ones in Capital Scandal and Children of a Lesser God the most. However, this role (Baek Jin-sang) requires another level of subtlety, not to mention the ability to tackle the shifts from fantasy, to slice of life, to office genres. So it's currently number one on my favorite list. 

Yea probably easier.  I'm seeing jenappelle in there right now.

Archived