[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm more active on Twitter, to be honest. Sorry I couldn't manage to translate faster, during my three day consecutive meetings it was easier for me to tweet than to look up dictionary and translate.

I talked about this on Twitter

s-MMwjjsx-H9-Q78k-M.gif

So I might as well share it here. This was from the scene in Ep 10 (when Roo-da came to reproach Jin-sang after he reprimanded Park Yoo-deok harshly in public--the burning chicken costume scene). The word you see on the gif, and this was how Roo-da called Jin-sang during that scene:

꼰대

(kkondae)

is a Korean slang that means

"Older, patronizing upper class men who think that the younger generation are beneath them (in terms of working spirit, struggle, intelligence, etc etc)."

Jin-sang actually belonged in the same social class as Roo-da: they were both middle class, with Jin-sang probably in the upper middle class, but the gap between them in terms of social class was certainly almost nonexistent. But he was certainly very educated and his attitude at that time was unbearable, not to mention that she was furious, so she had to say it. 

15 minutes ago, selenette said:

Yes I'm more active on Twitter, to be honest. Sorry I couldn't manage to translate faster, during my three day consecutive meetings it was easier for me to tweet than to look up dictionary and translate.

it is OK chingu. I was so tired as well, and couldn't interact more on soompi too. It is natural. We all have jobs and problems so it is natural to be exhausted. :)  You did a very extra effort translating here and we should have been more understanding.

Spoiler

@selenette  I managed to translate my comment with the help of my moderator friend here :D and I posted it on cafe daum. Why don't you register in cafe daum too? you already know enough Korean, so you can follow KJH directly. 

my favourite scene 

10 minutes ago, angiedramadive said:

Oh, it’s mine @phoenix24 :P

Those are the moments that shook my heart deeply with explosive emotions :wub:

I’m planning to make a collection of RD&JS interactions (the crazy ones lol). Hopefully the procrastinating god doesnt knock on my door soon haha. 

oops...hihi good job by the way!   Yea, those are great emotional scenes, but since you say greatest performance I kind of debated.  He's always been pretty good with the emotional stuff so I also imagine stuff that challenge him as an actor.  

on the procrastination remark, I was surprise you even have time for this.  Thought you were busy with fanfics.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone

this is my first post ever in soompi. I am a big fan of Kdrama since 2007 with more than 180 drama watched but I like this drama very much and so surprised by its unpopularity.

I can't find any fanfics for the couple  :bawling: . where are you fans ??? 

Spoiler

my drama list account 

https://mydramalist.com/profile/nermeen

On 2/25/2019 at 2:21 AM, Lawyerh said:

Hi @Nermeen نرمين yes too bad the drama not so popular and not many fanfics either. But we all love Baek Jin Sang × Lee Roo Da couple a lot. :wub: If you like Kang Ji Hwan actor, you shall go to his thread in soompi too. @nohamahamoud2002 is also a big time fans :D

Yup, I am Kang Ji Hwan fan since Capital Scandal. this drama is one of my top favorites until now. and I watched lie to me too. 

On 2/25/2019 at 1:57 AM, Nermeen نرمين said:

Hi, everyone

this is my first post ever in soompi. I am a big fan of Kdrama since 2007 with more than 180 drama watched but I like this drama very much and so surprised by its unpopularity.

I can't find any fanfics for the couple  :bawling: . where are you fans ??? 

Hide contents

my drama list account 

https://mydramalist.com/profile/nermeen

Hey, I am busy at work and on korean lately but yes, we plan to write fanfics at AO3 later once we finish the translation project for KJH and for Children of lesser God. We even created a fanfics wish list. Do let me know which fics you are interested in. @selenette has written a few poems for our ship. You can check her posts for fics and intepretive texts for FGTD. Welcome btw!

On 2/28/2019 at 3:35 PM, jenappelle said:

Hey, I am busy at work and on korean lately but yes, we plan to write fanfics at AO3 later once we finish the translation project for KJH and for Children of lesser God. We even created a fanfics wish list. Do let me know which fics you are interested in.

Thank you,  will be waiting for this fanfics

I am very interested in a fic where the coworkers find out about lee roda and BJS relationship :blush:

1 hour ago, Nermeen نرمين said:

Its in our list, dont worry: A few of those are per below:

1) How drunk Rooda ends up at Jin Sang house  
2) What is Rooda sis reaction with Jin Sang upon official first meet? 
3) Did the marketing team knew they are dating 

Archived