[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

16 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

But I think we have to do another mission to promote them outside Soompi since people aren't interesting in the drama series much. Honestly, this is the very 1st drama I watched that has a less fame among fans.

Dear chingu, for sure we can promote them outside Soompi!

I guess other chingus have already done that. I saw @selenette on Twitter and she's very active there :lol:

Let's spread the MV everywhere we can!!!

Ps: i also think after knowing the ending, many will marathon the drama. I've read many reviews on FGTD and the show was praised ALOT! Most of them is on the excellent acting of Kang Ji Hwan and interesting plot. Many drop other shows to watch this. Also, many said this is the best show of 2018! So cheer up, chingu!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Well, it just so happen that the airing time is competing with other dramas that have big name actors and actresses who have huuuuuuuge fan base.... 

We can't say it exactly, dear!! Kang Ji Wan himself is a biggggggggggg name & he has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan base. I know it very well. And I hope our @nohamahamoud2002 chingu also will agree with me..!!! :wub:

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

So whoever is looking for comedy lost it in the middle and whoever looked for romance felt disappointed because of Ruda's unconscious love of BJS.

Yp... That's the reason. Then we can say that his is an even amount of all the genres in one drama. Neither less nor more. :( You have to put yourself in the middle. Then you won't get hurt!! :D

7 minutes ago, angiedramadive said:

Ps: i also think after knowing the ending, many will marathon the drama. I've read many reviews on FGTD and the show was praised ALOT! Most of them is on the excellent acting of Kang Ji Hwan and interesting plot. Many drop other shows to watch this. Also, many said this is the best show of 2018! So cheer up, chingu!

Thanks a lot for your encouragement, dear! I too hope that this drama will be a hit at least now... The main reason I got bored in the beginning was the continuing time loops. But it's the main idea of the plot so, it's kind of OK. I can get it. But I truly wish if they managed to show the bonding of Jin Sang & Roo Da a bit earlier. Then it'll be more interested to watch!! :wub:

good.png

[Feel Good To Die] FINALE Ep 31 spoilers, Kang Ji Hwan & Baek Jin Hee

Article: Naver 'Feel Good To Die' Kang Ji Hwan, "I'll become a good person"...becomes a couple with Baek Jin Hee 'happy ending'  

1. [+104,-2]
I want to see Roo Da and Jin Sang acting lovey-dovey. How can they end it after the couple begin dating for just 10 mins?!!

2. [+67,-0]
I feel that Kang Ji Hwan did well acting as Baek Jin Sang. Jin Sang in the drama is a million times cuter than in the webtoon. And in the end, Jin Sang and Roo Da got together. This is a really good drama overall. Though it's a pity that the ratings are low.... 

3. [+62,-3]
It was nice^^ I've enjoyed watching this!! 

4. [+40,-0]
It's so interesting~ 

5. [+17,-0]
Kang Ji Hwan!! His acting is really good! Everyone has worked hard~

6. [+17,-1]
This is a well-made drama~ I've had happy times with 'Feel Good to Die'. 

7. [+12,-0]
I've enjoyed the drama. It was a pleasant, kind and warm drama.

8. [+12,-0]
It's a romcom, at least show us a hug or something ㅜㅜㅜ Please give us an epilogue. ㅜㅜㅜㅠ

9. [+12,-1]
It's a pity that there isn't a lot of romance and chemistry between the leads. Their humor appeals to me, so I laughed like crazy while watching. It's sad that the ratings are low.

cr

Now that we know for sure that Ruda had latent romantic feelings for Baek Jin Sang, when do you guys think that she started falling for him?

As I'm rewatching the episodes, I think it's clear that she starts seeing him as a decent person around ep 4 (or ep 7-8, depending on your source) when he saves the employees from being publicly ridiculed, but not quite sure when she started to actually like him. Originally I thought that she was into him when she followed him to the Garibong franchise, but then they shared that infamous hug where she was totally disgusted, so I guess that wasn't the case. But by the time she rushes to him at the hospital after their big time loop fight her feelings are already there but she doesn't realize it. So... when the heck did she subconsciously fall for him? I do sometimes wonder if even the cast wasn't sure how the loveline would go and so Baek Jin Hee wasn't able to portray Ruda's feelings as fully as she could have. Or perhaps it was just their intent to keep us guessing until the end and so she had to hold back.

I really love everything in this drama, in the last scene roo da makes it clear who is in charge, sure and they had a relationship time in which they have become more intimate and their co-workers know it.

@nohamahamoud2002 Something similar happened to me. I left all the dramas I was seeing and concentrated on this alone.

I have seen the dramas of kang ji hwan, but I think that in this he surpassed, here it is amply demonstrated how good actor he is, I can not imagine another giving life to Baek Jin as well as he does. I hope you keep choosing roles like that, that show all the potential you have. I am pleased to have shared with you this beautiful story that deserves more recognition, I hope we find ourselves in a new drama that is as good as this one. Greetings and apologies for English, use the google translator.

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

We can't say it exactly, dear!! Kang Ji Wan himself is a biggggggggggg name & he has a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge fan base. I know it very well. And I hope our @nohamahamoud2002 chingu also will agree with me..!!! :wub:

yes, from the number of pages in his threads (930+), I knew he was popular since 2010. He is very talented and has so many fans. I don't judge by soompi forum because not all viewers use it. There are so many hooked fans of Kang Ji Hwan in instagram and facebook. I am not so worried about him :) .  Kang Ji Hwan is very popular outside Korea too.

@nohamahamoud2002Not sure whether its me or not, but I felt Kang Ji Hwan has surpassed his previous works, and even including Children of Lesser God (which has a great script, decent acting from him and a stellar cast). 

@gbrd   Its a gradual process definitely. From hate, to understanding, to warm regards, to a crush.  I think she fell for him around the fight at EP5 where BJS asks her to stop to care about him. I loled when she asks her sister that she hugs BJS randomly. She is unusually slow and not keep up with her feelings (She is very in tune with others but not herself, she rarely reflects unless there is an outside force/event). There is a lot of signs actually, from her persuading BJS  to Garibong, her hug at hospital, her continuous care for BJS to the point of neglect for her bf.

I do think her touchy ways and caring for BJS makes him fall for her. The plot and directing intent is to make us care more about Rooda/BJS than JH/Rooda.BJS first skinship with Rooda has a close up shot and the scene direction  is tender (Rooda overnight with BJS).

In contrast,  the cinematography shot with JH/Rooda is more puppy love ish, especially in Everland scene. For a drama intended for mature audience, this is a sign where you know how the relationship will go (in addition to the date technically did not happen + comedic effect where BJS ruins the date). In short, if you compare scene intent, the director does not give a lot of cinematography attention to Junho/Rooda pair vs BJS/Rooda.

In terms of built up of relationship Rooda/BJS makes more sense. Take it in mind that this is a mature drama, and the relationship built up for Rooda/BJS is much deeper. It has a similar built up progress in Hotaru no Hikari where the boss and employee share much more camaraderie than the employee's initial crush.

I would venture to say that her feelings wasnt that written that well compared to Rooda's enlightenment to activism (its good, but it could have been better because Rooda's activism and enlightenment to activism is very well written and character progression regarding to activism is excellent). 

But overall Rooda's character still gets a high rating from me considering most kdrama leading ladies arent well written at all (ditto for western dramas tbh).

@gbrd I would love to write some fan fiction stuff for them tbh. Interested?

I felt that like the people in the drama, we have, via the drama, meet and understand different people from different part of the globe. So I say the drama is pretty successful.

A bit of bad news though, KJH is not attending the year end ceremony. I hope he gets enough rest.

32 minutes ago, jenappelle said:

@nohamahamoud2002Not sure whether its me or not, but I felt Kang Ji Hwan has surpassed his previous works, and even including Children of Lesser God (which has a great script, decent acting from him and a stellar cast

I agree with you. Watched some episodes from his other works.

Here he is dynamic  (meaning his character changes totally from the stern manager to the lover, this is reflected by change of hairstyle and dress). He displays comedy then tragedy afterwards. He is a brilliant actor. After watching Anthony Hopkins, Johnny Depp, Al Paccino and Jack Nicholson,  I am totally amazed by his performance. I am sad he isn't recognised enough. He deserves many awards for this drama. Hope critics choose him.

In his other works fans liked him because of his good looks and the idea romance, which is not fair. Perhaps Children of a Lesser God didn't get enough attention because it was a thriller drama.

I'm personally glad somehow that I got a good closure. I definitely smiled a lot during the last episode unlike me crying for the last 2 episodes... I am thoroughly impressed with how the drama played out AND ended. I unexpectedly saw Jin-sang become a different person, teaming up with others to work against Pres. Kang. I'm so happy that JS was right about having the uncle, JH, dad, and Grandpa sit together to eat food together at the end (I grew to like JH again. He himself started to ship RD and JS...)

I'm very glad my ship sailed, and he recycled his line of "this is the second day of our relationship." Haha! So funny! It made me laugh, and the drama brought me tons of joy. I'm so glad I made the choice to watch the drama, and I think it is one that I will re-watch. Did anyone also enjoy seeing how JS was chastised by RD about his behaviors toward the staff? He had to raise his hands to talk; it was so funny and cute!

I hope to see other dramas of Kang Ji Hwan, as he was a great vet actor and he's proven (yet again) that he's super versatile! Hope to see everyone on other threads, and I hope everyone stays well! :heart:

@jenappelle Thank you so much for your detailed answer!

2 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Its a gradual process definitely. From hate, to understanding, to warm regards, to a crush.  I think she fell for him around the fight at EP5 where BJS asks her to stop to care about him.

I remember kind of being bowled over the first time I saw that scene simply because of Roo Da's strong reaction to him telling her to stop caring about him. Up to that point she was pretty adamant about hating him and only associating with him because of the time loop, but during this scene we see how invested she actually is in her time with him. It was like a slap in the face for her, but she basically told him that she was only being nice to him because of the time loop and he felt a bit hurt by that. I think he was genuinely enjoying their brief partnership (especially when she randomly hugs him or grabs his hands), and he was trying really hard to please her even back then, and so when she told him it was all a lie he felt betrayed.

There is a lot of signs actually, from her persuading BJS  to Garibong, her hug at hospital, her continuous care for BJS to the point of neglect for her bf.

Yeah, her neglect of Jun Ho while they were "official" was a big point of contention for me. She kept insisting that Jun Ho was the one she liked, and yet she continuously abandoned him for Baek Jin Sang at the drop of a hat. I kept waiting for her to wake up but she just wouldn't. I think it was a case of her not wanting to pass up on the young, handsome, funny, rich guy that everyone keeps telling her she wants. Her feelings for Jin Sang were complicated and it was just hard for her to comprehend that it might be love when she had spent so much of her working life hating his guts.

I do think her touchy ways and caring for BJS makes him fall for her.

Oh, definitely. She manhandles him A LOT in those first episodes and I think he quite enjoys it. I love the scene where he takes her to the police station to prosecute her for harassment and when the officers ask her to reenact the crime his eyebrow goes up and he gets a little excited. And when she covers his mouth for the first time it is shot in a really romantic, breathless way (even though the conclusion to that scene is him throwing her hand off of him and trying to spit off her germs). But the more she touches him, the more he begins to acquiesce to her, and in that scene where he tells her to stop caring about him, she tries to touch him but he stops her. He is definitely weak to her touch.

3 hours ago, jenappelle said:

Take it in mind that this is a mature drama, and the relationship built up for Rooda/BJS is much deeper. It has a similar built up progress in Hotaru no Hikari where the boss and employee share much more camaraderie than the employee's initial crush.

Oh my goodness, that is my absolute favorite j-dorama for that very reason. I like the subtle romances, and that one just kind of creeps up on the characters like it was the most natural thing in the world. I definitely have a type when it comes to my OTPs.

3 hours ago, jenappelle said:

I would love to write some fan fiction stuff for them tbh. Interested?

Yes, very much so! I was thinking the same thing. Because we saw so little of their romantic relationship, there is so much to be explored between them, and it just may be the thing to bring me back into the world of fanfiction.

9 hours ago, angiedramadive said:

Wow, this article is brilliant. :thumbsup:

Btw I found out that RuDa like to grab BJS's collar :joy: ( the way she grab his collar so manly, imagine 163cm girl grab 184cm man's collar:wub:) I wish someone can let me experience it. :w00t:

giphy.gif

I think this year I watched quite a lots less fame dramas (all high fame dramas I didn't follow much especially recently the high rating drama, I don't have desire wanna follow, don't know why:sweat_smile:), one of drama called "About Time", I followed this drama because of Lee Sang Yun. I remember alot fans drop the this drama in halfway coz plot was way too drag and everyone thought is sad ending turn out is happy ending. Ratings was kinda very low too. 

I like Namshin too!! I forgot about ratings but Are You Human Too cause me laughed and cried alot.. So sad that Seo Kang-Joon in The 3rd Charm. I seriously drop it after 1st episode. :sweat_smile: (Sorry Seo Kang-Joon's fans) 

Anyway, why I choose to priority follow FGTD (in mean while I'm following Clean with Passion for now (low rating) & Encounter (high rating) and currently I drop Encounter at the moment) because at 1st is Beak Jin-Hee and then only found out male lead is Kang Ji-Hwan.(sorry my bad:sweatingbullets:) I'm glad that I followed and happy to meet you all and discussed topic at here. FGTD gave me laughs in the beginning and tears at the end and not forget to mention DIABETIC for last 10 minutes. :wub::wub::wub:  Hope they get a good rest and see them soon on 2019. 

Ps: I saw someone said that Kang Ji-Hwan is not gonna attend KBS Drama award, izzit true? 

JS said he loves RD a lot more, but i don't think it's the case. She may realizes her feeling a little bit late compare to him, but her (unconscious) feeling for him is strong!

I think we all imply that he loves her more simply bc the drama chose to show more of BJS's emotion, from a very subtle one (he always glances at her at the office, he gives dry ginseang, he secretly comes to her house now and then...) to a dramatic one (crying scene at the hospital, going insane in the prison when cant activate the loop, saying he would love to die for her to live, etc).

Meanwhile, RD's emotion is kind of being blurred or cut out of the scene, like her crazy confession to him at the last ep, her stunned reaction in the night after JS's confession, etc.

Her emotion mostly showed via their interaction scene (and the drama didnt use those romance shots, bubbly effects or sad music to unfold her feelings), not as much in her alone scene (even her feeling for Kang was unclear), while BJS's feeling is everywhere lol and we can see RD is all on his mind :lol:    

RD's affection for JS is deep & powerful. She always thinks of him first, always drops everything for him, feels seriously hurt bc of him, lost her life bc of saving him (i doubt she would do thing differently if she knows the result, bc she cant live without him!). We see BJS was affected alot by her but his every action/reaction always affected her also.

I think the drama would be more satisfying (& maybe more viewer) if her emotion was shown clearer. But i guess then we would not have this crazily desperately excitingly hoping, waiting for the ending to see if JS&RD ship sails or not :joy:

It's funny that both JS & RD need others to tell them that they're in love haha (for JS it's the internet chingus, for RD it's her sister). It's so lucky that they have sensible friends around or they would never realize their love for each other! :joy:

I guess JS&RD would be a stay at home couple. Their 1st date is at his house, their meeting is at his house, their argument is also at his house, they even celebrate the 2nd date with a homecook breakfast lol. I guess they will spend lots of time explore those kinky stuff at the house also hahaha. 

PS: i think the writer intent to put their relationship as a kinky one. Remember the role play scene in the beginning of the drama? :wub:

30 minutes ago, angiedramadive said:

I guess JS&RD would be a stay at home couple. Their 1st date is at his house, their meeting is at his house, their argument is also at his house, they even celebrate the 2nd date with a homecook breakfast lol. I guess they will spend lots of time explore those kinky stuff at the house also hahaha. 

PS: i think the writer intent to put their relationship as a kinky one. Remember the role play scene in the beginning of the drama? :wub:

You give me a lot of imagination now @angiedramadive:naughty: The role play scene in the beginning definitely is full of kinky idea. *naughty mind  

I wrote two poems about our ship. You may guess at which point the events in these poems take place.

Bonus: this mesmerizing still from the finale's end credits. The actors' chemistry soars in it.

JSRD.jpg

Poem 1

Spoiler

casualties.jpg

Poem 2

Spoiler

THE-OTHER-HER.jpg

P.S. I'm something of an amateur poet, I had a poetry book published in 2013 (a compilation). But haven't really honed my skills, so I'm sorry for the quality. :sweatingbullets:

Waiting for your fic @jenappelle

24 minutes ago, selenette said:

I wrote two poems about our ship. You may guess at which point the events in these poems take place.

Bonus: this mesmerizing still from the finale's end credits. The actors' chemistry soars in it. 

So true... Their still is something else. I find both of them sexy!! :D And love their eye contact. What a perfect couple!! :wub:

26 minutes ago, selenette said:

P.S. I'm something of an amateur poet, I had a poetry book published in 2013 (a compilation). But haven't really honed my skills, so I'm sorry for the quality. :sweatingbullets:

And dear, what a talent!! :wub: I read your poems several times & they are beautifully narrated! I can imagine their love only with your words in it!!! You should be proud about yourself. You have a great talent! (I can't even write a poem in my country language so, write in English is a far thought!) Since I haven't watched the full series, I can't exactly put them in correct places. But I really love your ideas!!! :wub: Keep it up!! Good Luck! :)

Archived