[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, selenette said:

Ugh I guess I was just high on sugar, @Heidi Seow that's all. That and the bad influence of my Harry Potter fandom days made me search for the episodes and take notes. Glad you're rewatching, please tell me how you find the drama after rewatching. 

You did for Harry Potter too??:w00t: That's cool~~~ One of my favourite novel and movies. :wub: How wish I can see your analysis about HP.. 

20 minutes ago, selenette said:

Ugh I guess I was just high on sugar, @Heidi Seow that's all. That and the bad influence of my Harry Potter fandom days made me search for the episodes and take notes. Glad you're rewatching, please tell me how you find the drama after rewatching. 

Haha, i think we all come here for a better dive of the drama, so those analyses are very much welcomed & expected!

For a drama we love there's always be this eternity thirst :joy:, so for me the longer the better!

And did you guys notice that the last 4 eps ate up to 30 PAGES thread? We're doing a very good job on operating this show lol.

@phoenix24 and @selenette First let me say how much I appreciate you spending time to respond to my posts about this drama. Thank you for pointing out alternative ways of looking at some of the things I didn't like about the drama. :) I haven't read the webtoon, so it was very interesting to hear how the drama differed from the webtoon.

You weren't able to convince me fully on all the points, but I guess that's ok. Like selenette said, our personal preferences do play a big part in how we view things. It's not the first time I have been in the minority in a thread anyway. I do appreciate everyone here being so accepting of my opinions and viewpoints. (The Valid Love thread in 2014-2015 was a major war zone with personal attacks left and right... lol :D )

One thing pointed out by @selenette was that Roo Da's feelings weren't explored much. I would agree with this part. Roo Da's character development somehow felt a bit flat to me, because her true feelings about things weren't conveyed much. Somehow I was many times surprised at her actions, because there was no explanation why she acted a certain way she did. Had her inner feelings been shown more, I think the drama would have had more dimension.

On what I am watching now:

Spoiler

I love, love, LOVE Children of Nobody (Red Moon, Blue Sun). I would recommend everyone who wants to see excellent script writing and exprerience strong feelings to tune into this drama!

Also, The Last Empress is crack to me! I usually stay away from makjang but this show has me hooked. :D Anyone else watching it?

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!! :)

@partyon (I forgot to say that I like your username :D that should be my motto whenever my day is boring)

Thank you for responding back, and kindly. You should read the webtoon some time, it's satire/dark comedy and you will probably be able to appreciate it, seeing that you are interested in questions related to gender equality etc. You will also see the differences that I stated regarding characterizations. If I may add, the themes and tones of both media are different too, so it's a must read. :D

Ultimately with Roo-da I think the case is similar to what happened to Yoon Ha-kyung in Chief Kim. This female character faded into the background as Seo Yool and Kim Sung-ryong were better and better explored (that was my only criticism of the story), and seeing that both dramas' genres are almost similar (with the exception of fantasy element in this one), it will be interesting to analyze how and why such things could happen, in terms of the writing, the audience response,  the production, social context, etc. 

Then again, as in the case of both Roo-da and Yoon Ha-kyung, a supporting female character's portion was enlarged halfway in the story (Choi Min-joo here and Oh Gwang-sook in Chief Kim), so this is an interesting phenomenon too. 

Wish you a happy new year (again...I really don't know how to close a post :joy:)

Best Supporting Actor Kim Won Hae and In Gyo Jin!

In Gyo Jin (Jugglers, Feel Good to Die) says he needs to stop crying. Started acting at 22 and looked at a photo of his parents on his way thinking that he may win today. Wants to thank his parents first. Really thankful to the "Jugglers" directors for picking him when his confidence was at a low. Thanks his agency head from KeyEast. Thanks parent-in-laws, his wife who always believed in him, and his daughters.

source

Congratulations!

So happy that In Gyo Jin won! Although he wasn't the most likeable character in Feel Good to Die, I think he portrayed his character very well. He has great comedic timing and the faces he makes are hilarious! They say that acting well in a comedy is the most difficult to master - he really did an awesome job. A well deserved win! :)

28 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Never saw In Gyo Jin in Jugglers.  Right before Feel Good to Die, I saw him in When Time Stopped.  His character was totally different, didn't talk much serious type.  Congratulations to the actor though.

You must watch Jugglers, highly recommended. One of my favourite drama until today. Never bored. 

Archived