[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Thanks @nohamahamoud2002 for the early New Year presents :wub: you really go extra miles for BJS aka KJH hahaha... 

Kang Ji Hwan deserves it. It took me ten hours yesterday and still couldn't finish it. So I continued today again. :) I hope it has good views. Will try to improve the quality of the video though.

13 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Kang Ji Hwan deserves it. It took me ten hours yesterday and still couldn't finish it. So I continued today again. :) I hope it has good views. Will try to improve the quality of the video though.

This is why I rarely do editing, not enough patience.  Thank you for your hard work.

Thanks for your kind words @gm4queen @ashbelle.

Thanks for everyone else who read the poems too. I don't think they have completely covered the couple's moments, but I hoped they could at least bring you all back to the awesome last four (two) episodes. 

@nohamahamoud2002 It's such an awesome video, thanks for sharing. If you don't mind could you also compile Baek Jin-sang's death scenes, please? I think it would also generate more views and curiosity about the drama. 

24 minutes ago, selenette said:

Thanks for your kind words @gm4queen @ashbelle.

Thanks for everyone else who read the poems too. I don't think they have completely covered the couple's moments, but I hoped they could at least bring you all back to the awesome last four (two) episodes. 

@nohamahamoud2002 It's such an awesome video, thanks for sharing. If you don't mind could you also compile Baek Jin-sang's death scenes, please? I think it would also generate more views and curiosity about the drama.  

there are several music videos created already by other users. :) I will search and share :)

You know, I had to search through more than 160 videos on youtube, download them, then cut, then trim, and compile. so it took more than 15 hours of hard work. I am sooooooooo exhausted.

@gm4queen dearest chingu, thank you for encouraging and inspiring me. I used an easier software "shotcut" and VLC. It is very flexible.

Other music videos by other users.

Spoiler

@nohamahamoud2002 It's okay, you've done a great job and I'm sorry for being thoughtless. 

Since some of you are still here, let's have some nostalgia with this song. Sim Soo-bong's "Love in (My) Dream" (1992) as heard in this scene :joy:

jinsang-ginseng.jpg

LYRICS

HANGUL

Spoiler

사랑해선 안될 사람을 사랑하는 죄이라서.
말못하는 내 가슴은 이밤도 울어야 하나.
잊어야만 좋을 사람을 잊지 못한 죄이라서. 
소리없이 이 가슴은 이밤도 울어야 하나

아~ 사랑 애달픈 내 사랑아.
어이 맺은 하룻밤의 꿈.
다시 못올 꿈이라면 차라리 눈을 감고 뜨지말 것을.

사랑해선 안될 사람을 사랑하는 죄이라서
소리없이 이 가슴은 이 밤도 울어야 하나.

ROMAN

Spoiler

salanghaeseon andoel salameul salanghaneun joeilaseo.
malmoshaneun nae gaseum-eun ibamdo ul-eoya hana.
ij-eoyaman joh-eul salameul iji moshan joeilaseo. 
solieobsi i gaseumeun ibamdo uleoya hana

aah salang aedalpeun nae salanga.
eoi maejeun halusbamui kkum.
dasi mosol kkumilamyeon chalali nun-eul gamgo tteujimal geoseul.

salanghaeseon andoel salam-eul salanghaneun joeilaseo

solieobsi i gaseumeun i bamdo uleoya hana?

ENGLISH 

It's a sin to love someone that you shouldn't love.
Must my heart that cannot speak cry  tonight?
It's a sin that I haven't forgotten someone I'd better forget. 
Should I cry my silenced heart out tonight?

Ah~ Love, my pathetic love.
My one night dream. 
If you're only a dream that will never come true,

I'd rather close my eyes. 

It's a sin to love someone that you shouldn't love. 
Should I cry my silenced heart out tonight? 

(My translation is a bit different from the subs).

I think it's actually a song about a one night stand, extra marital affair. It makes me laugh and sob harder that Jin-sang probably thought at one point that Roo-da was going to be Joon-ho's wife. :bawling::joy:

Even though the last episode was aired since Thursday, I'm not sure why I'm delaying it til now.  I guess it was  bittersweet as I mentioned before, and I'm going through a time loop of my own reminiscing and collecting my thoughts.  So let me apologize first hand if this becomes lengthy.

First of all, I would like to thank all of you chingus here for making it such a pleasant experience.  I find it rare.  It's not just having an interest in KJH or the show itself, but you guys want to promote both to other people.  Everyone has been supportive of each other.  Each comment pretty much has some type of reaction and everyone help answer inquiries.  I've enjoy the comments and many of you are talented with words and more seen in comments, translations, and video editing.  It really makes the holiday extra special too.

Now to thoughts about the show:

• I wasn't thinking about any Kinky stuff, but as soon as I read it I can't help laughing out loud to the dominatrix outfit RD wore in the beginning and the role playing comments.  
  • It is a little disappointing that RD didn't get promoted since she is the catalyst of all the change.  Even being co-head of the Labor Union would be nice.  It makes sense too since Mrs. Choi is pregnant to have help.
  • Glad a lot of our wishes came true like PSR wasn't the typical traitor and of course our ship.
  • Interesting how we mention both RD and BJS have hard time holding off security guy on the rooftop, and then we see him dealing with it so well with two guys holding each arm.
  • It's funny that BJS's online chingus also make the not dating experience remark.  It'll be funny if RD ever read the forum.  
  • On the disappointment of the physical aspect as someone mention they're in the beginning of relationship and still have a lot of time for that or maybe we can hope for it in a youtube webisode snippet or mv.  Also, they might be slow, but not many have reach the point of dying for each other that soon.
  • Since our lead is flawed, it is also nice that this show don't throw rocks at anyone and everyone is happy at end.  It is a show that really make us reflect and think.  Some people said KJH has everything so they don't feel sorry for him.  I see many people who are well materialistically, but who are totally miserable.  I think it's about healing wounds and to be considerate not to cause any because what goes around comes around.  KJH made better decisions, YSB, and many other characters improve once their issues was addressed.
  • On the show not being so popular.  I have to admit it has a lot of positive comments on youtube that I don't often see.  Maybe they'll get award for show to be discovered or hidden gem.  

Other stuff everyone already mention so I won't repeat.  Of course KJH is great!  Again it was a pleasure, and I'm sure we'll eventually bump into each other again somewhere.

7 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Youtube blocked it for copyright reasons. They said I am using the music of the singer without permission and I'm worried about punishment :bawling:

Oh ho dear.... I have 6 korean MVs in my youtube channel & I've got copyright issues in 5 of them! Blocked in some countries, Can't monetize video & so on... It's b'cause, the audio tracks are belong to other people. What to do..?! It's sad, indeed! But I am even more sad that you deleted yours! :sweatingbullets: I never do that!

3 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Oh ho dear.... I have 6 korean MVs in my youtube channel & I've got copyright issues in 5 of them! Blocked in some countries, Can't monetize video & so on... It's b'cause, the audio tracks are belong to other people. What to do..?! It's sad, indeed! But I am even more sad that you deleted yours! :sweatingbullets: I never do that!

I  deleted my channel because of fear. I wasn't able to sleep at all 

Spoiler

I started vomiting and had a panic attack 

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I  deleted my channel because of fear. I wasn't able to sleep at all 

Hide contents

I started vomiting and had a panic attack 

OH MY GOD!!!! So srry, dear! We had no idea that your fear has put you in such a dramatic trouble! :cold_sweat: How are you now..?! There's nothing to be afraid, dear! :open_mouth: Please come back to your normal self! IT'S NOTHING but just a song!!!! Don't take it seriously! :wub:

And I can't find you on FB either! I just tried to tag you a MV this morning, but you weren't there! :sweatingbullets:

And of course, we all know that you are somewhat addicted to Kang Ji Wan... But it's so sad to hear that your addiction has given you a panic attack! I am so disappointed!! :tears:

Hey again! :)

So, I dropped this show somewhere in the middle (I think after the team was sent from the main office to one of the chicken restaurants). The drama somehow just lost its comedy that was so great in the first episodes...

I have read some recaps and this thread to find out what happened in the end, and it seems like the drama deviated quite a bit from the original webtoon, no? Maybe that is also one of the reasons that the drama lost viewers as the drama progressed?

If I have understood correctly, it was implied that Baek Jin Sang and Lee Roo Da ended up together. Unpopular opinion here on this thread, but I find it very disappointing. Kang Joon Ho was in all aspects a great and suitable man for Roo Da, so I don't understand why she chose a guy who was complex. In real life, a relationship between BJS and LRD will be filled with a lot of drama and heartache. I guess it's still quite uncommon that the 2nd lead would get the girl in a Korean drama? :( (The exception being another drama that ended this week).

In retrospect, another thing that kind of made me kind of sad about this drama, was to see how female employees are depicted in Korean dramas. Very few managers are female, and if a manager is a woman they are usually depicted as awful terrible ferocious women who will bite peoples' heads off.... It does of course portray how patriarchal Korean society still is, but it would be great if Korean dramas could promote women as equals more.

@Lawyerh @partyon I must say all 3 of them are complex, haha. Each have their own insecurity.

About the choice of RD, in my opinion, it's just like real life, most of the time we dont choose someone because they're 'safer' but bc of more emotion involved. And for sure, RD & JS journey is hella deep in feeling and emotion.

The man is lacking of many things but he tries deadly hard to be worthy for her. So i think RD has nothing to worry about from now on :D 

@Lawyerh @angiedramadive Thanks for your replies. :)

I have to agree that emotion is very important in a relationship, but it's good to choose a man who is stable, is in touch with his own emotions, has empathy towards others etc. In that way, there will be mutual respect and trust in the relationship. Baek Jin Sang really didn't display those types of traits, so I guess I felt that it was "forced" that he ended up with Roo Da just because of KJH's popularity and him being the 1st lead... Which I found disappointing. It would be awesome to see more "nice guys" get the girl sometimes, too.

General rant, I know, but it's so tiring to see how often K-drama male leads are prickly narcissists (e.g. Secret Garden,  What's Wrong With Secretary Kim) who are mean to the girl in the beginning, yet somehow she manages to transform him into a loving guy. I mean, real life doesn't really work that way, does it? One person cannot change another. <end of rant> :D

Archived