[Drama 2018] Happy If You Died/ Feel Good to Die, 죽어도 좋아

larus

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I am still unwell because of my boss, but I am exerting much effort to cheer KJH up through the cafe daum page.

Reveal hidden contents

Stay strong dear.Think this too shall pass(I do it all the time).You'll get over this.Enjoy the brighter things in life(this forum is surely one of them)Remember you are loved and don't let the mean boss to dampen your spirits.I went through a similar situation too.Keep smiling:)You are gonna be okay.

Oh My God, Dear @nohamahamoud2002 :wub: Please don't be sad or worried... Kang Ji Wan will be alright!! But you should make yourself stronger rather than your evil boss... :tears:

There are some people who wants us to be down.... WE SHOULDN'T LET THEM WIN!!!! :love:PLEASE, make your spirit stronger & get well soon!! We are waiting for you!!! :wub: You are the one who did the hardest part for cheer up Kang Ji Wan!! WE WANT BOTH OF YOU BACK STRONGER & HEALTHIER!! :heart:

@angiedramadive @Heidi Seow@annelee28@selenette I will write all these fanfics, but I need your guys to help on the err kinkier ones. Just kick start some ideas here. Or any fanarts etc.

But after our project ends. Especially when the language used in the forum is informal polite apparently and we are really not familiar with the type of lingo used. And some of the context etc I have been, along with another friend, liaising with cnetz whom are much more familiar with those context used, and they also request for some translation bits from me (and friend) which is really really draining. But do provide some ideas on fanfics! Or a short sentence/story will do.

The master list of comments is here. Please @ me if you want to change/add, or another user wants to add his/her comments. I will be compiling/editing it @angiedramadive it before sending to @selenette . It could be from soompi or other source.

15 hours ago, jenappelle said:

@angiedramadive @Heidi Seow@annelee28@selenette I will write all these fanfics, but I need your guys to help on the err kinkier ones. Just kick start some ideas here. Or any fanarts etc.

But after our project ends. Especially when the language used in the forum is informal polite apparently and we are really not familiar with the type of lingo used. And some of the context etc I have been, along with another friend, liaising with cnetz whom are much more familiar with those context used, and they also request for some translation bits from me (and friend) which is really really draining. But do provide some ideas on fanfics! Or a short sentence/story will do.

My one cent for the fanfic :D (not the kinky part, srr :P). Guess you will all know which scene is this. Hope to spark some ideas for you guys?

——————

INSANE! That man is INSANE! What a pain in the neck!

Stop showing up at my date! Dont you have a life? 
The 5th day...
Surprisingly i found the date between Kang manager and i less exciting day by day. The same time of picking up. The same place of hanging out. The same dishes for lunch. Even the same way of holding hands! A looping date is just like a looping day!
The only difference... is HIM! That absurd BASTARD in blue buoy jacket! Keep stubbornly stalking me every day, what he thinks he would get from this???
Oh no, no! Stop, Baek Jin Sang! Stop dying, Baek Jin Sang! STOP.DYING.RIGHT.NOW!!!
The 7th day...
NO NO NO NO! I HATE THIS! I HATE THIS! I HATE THISSSSSS! Definitely wont get out of this house! Definitely! CHUKO BORYO, BAEK JIN SANG!!!!
The 9th day...
He’s a little late today...
Oddly, along with this irritation is the feeling of expecting, no... waiting?  
Did something happen?
The 10th day...
Strangely enough, when he pops out of nowhere i’m kind of having these butterflies in my stomach? Perhaps... 
Shut up butterflies! You’re doing nonsense!
The 16th day...
Was he tired of this game? Kang manager is going to kiss me! He’s gonna do it NOW! Where are you Baek Jin Sang? It’s time! Come! Come now!
or just GO DIE BAEK JIN SANG!
The 17th day...
I found myself eagerly looking forward to the date. When is he gonna come?... Will he come?
Ch..u.k...o........bo...ryo........Baek..Ji..n...Sang......
The 18th day
Aishhh, my eyes have swollen! Cant even open them! Damn you, Baek Jin Sang!
Whatever... i’m gonna finish it all, today!

I have to apologize for not having started translating due to my health. I'm afraid staying up late has taken its toll on me as I have to juggle between motherhood, work and fangirling. 

I'm afraid I have to somehow simplify your messages to suit my Korean grammar command level because I don't want any misunderstanding to happen.

I have a poem and two fics that I will write after the big translation project is finished.

EDIT

I edited Kang Ji-hwan's message because there was a translation error.

In case you might wonder why he tried to make peace with fans and his management team (he calls the latter "the operators"), it's because some of the staff quitted due to difference in opinions etc according to @jenappelle

1 hour ago, selenette said:

I have to apologize for not having started translating due to my health. I'm afraid staying up late has taken its toll on me as I have to juggle between motherhood, work and fangirling. 

I'm afraid I have to somehow simplify your messages to suit my Korean grammar command level because I don't want any misunderstanding to happen.

I have a poem and two fics that I will write after the big translation project is finished.

EDIT

In case you might wonder why he tried to make peace with fans and his management team (he calls the latter "the operators"), it's because some of the staff quitted due to difference in opinions etc according to @jenappelle

Aww hope you feel better better.  Motherhood is the toughest job.  Health is the most important so do what you must.  

Simplifying is good since limit is 300 words.  Some wordings are similar so I trust your judgment.  The point is to let him know he has our support and love so that's all that matters.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:22 AM, selenette said:

EDIT

Get well soon chingu. Don't worry, 

Chingus, plz consider using short lines of comment so that @selenette can translate them quickly.

You are so right, dear @Lawyerh :cold_sweat: That MV is so sad but beautiful!!

But I really miss this couple!!! Hope to see Kang Ji Wan & Baek Jin Hee again in a K-drama soon! :wub: Somehow they make a beautiful on-screen couple that we can enjoy their appearance with full of emotions...! Honestly, this is my 1st time I enjoyed a couple with huge age gap between them!! :wub:

43 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @nohamahamoud2002 @Lawyerh & other chingus....

I just uploaded Feel Good to Die MV I've created on youtube! But I also received the same issue as dear Noha did! :cold_sweat: And I just deleted the video as it's of no use!! So many copyright issues for OSTs in this series!! :o

Chingu, remove the song. And try to upload it in on Facebook 

there is youtube free music library 

3 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Chingu, remove the song. And try to upload it in on Facebook 

there is youtube free music library 

Dear, can't we just edit something with an English audio track...?! :wub: I am not interested in uploading Feel Good to Die music video on Facebook..... There are no one to watch it on Facebook except us :tears:

So now, I am thinking about something different!!  I would love to edit a music video only for Kang Ji Wan rather than working hard on Feel Good to Die music video!! What do you say...?! :D I just need a beautiful English song to proceed!! :wub: I see that some ladies have gone mad for Mr. Kang Ji Wan here :sweat_smile:

8 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Dear, can't we just edit something with an English audio track...?! :wub: I am not interested in uploading Feel Good to Die music video on Facebook..... There are no one to watch it on Facebook except us :tears:

So now, I am thinking about something different!!  I would love to edit a music video only for Kang Ji Wan rather than working hard on Feel Good to Die music video!! What do you say...?! :D I just need a beautiful English song to proceed!! :wub: I see that some ladies have gone mad for Mr. Kang Ji Wan here :sweat_smile:

I don't know.  But you can choose music not a song. I liked the idea of free youtube music library. 

About uploading your video on FB, we want to watch it. Do you think you can do it on YOUTUBE after removing the Ost?

12 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I don't know.  But you can choose music not a song. I liked the idea of free youtube music library. 

About uploading your video on FB, we want to watch it. Do you think you can do it on YOUTUBE after removing the Ost?

Oh dear... How can anyone feel the video without the audio, dear!! :wub::sweatingbullets:

Then I've changed my mind! I should try something new on Feel Good to Die music video!! Just give me few more days... I think we'll be able to watch it fully on youtube then!!!! :wub:

Part 1 of comments

Part 2

From Lan Feng

Kang Ji Hwan, Happy New Year! I hope you have a happy 2019.
As your fan, 2018 is a happy year, with two TV series and a variety show to watch! Thank you very much for your hard work and bringing us so much happiness! I also hope that you don’t get too tired and take care of yourself.

The ratings for Feel Good to Die are depressing, but this is not your fault. To be honest, your acting is definitely not one of the reasons why this drama has low ratings.

In China, this drama has received critical acclaim. Many critics who usually does not recommend Kdramas has strongly recommended Feel Good to Die. Despite the lack of marketing, this show has gained more and more attention and praises. And most of these praises are for you. Many viewers didn’t know you before Feel Good to Die, and they enthusiastically praise and highly rate your performance. At the start of this drama, a lot of people hates Baek Jin Sang due to the character itself, but as the drama continues everyone starts to like and support Baek Jin Sang. This is a testament to your acting skills. For me personally, your acting in Feel Good to Die is excellent! Compared to your previous works, your acting is more natural and smooth! I am very happy to see that in your 10 years acting career, you are still able to improve your acting skills (which are great to begin with).

With regards to ratings, there is also an element of luck to it. There is an old saying in Chinese: “Doing things right depends on the person, Making things successful depends on fate”. But I believe that with such outstanding acting skills, you will create a great drama with high ratings! Per KHS credo, I will accompany you and waiting for that day to come. On the other hand, even if the drama does not have high ratings, there is still a lot of viewers will appreciate it. For example, the current drama “Feel Good to Die” has converted a lot of viewers to become your fan. Many viewers has also gained happiness and life insights from this drama.

I do not wish to say “fighting”, because I think you have worked hard enough! All my wishes for you is that I hope you have good luck on your side and I hope you will be happy.

I am still stuck on another translation due to colloquial language involved, hence its quite difficult to translate without making it sounds rude (where the original is very good). I am still waiting for another 2 to come in (one English one Japanese) and I have yet to summarise most of the posts above as I am rather busy. And I saw @Heidi Seow posts somewhere :(

41 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@jenappelle The Chinese fans comment is so well said and im so agree with point of his acting now more natural and smooth. Luck & hardwork doesnt always come together sometimes. This is also so right. 

Btw you seems to be trilingual? Im amazed by your skill :) And is KJH also able to understand English / Mandarin / Japanese fluently in written & speaking? I watched LTM and his pronounciation in Mandarin doesnt seems to be right :sweatingbullets: And in his visit to Singapore he seems need to bring translator for English. 

I love translating this because its so well written and like what you said, I agree about his acting wholeheartedly. I watched Children of Lesser God and although he is really good there (especially his chemistry with 2nd lead), the fact that his acting improves so much within one year is really amazing. He really dissapears into his role as BJS which makes it very enjoyable to me . And when I read about his post I really want to give back a little esp when I enjoy his character so much. I do think he is a little bit away from a drama w high ratings. There is a proverb in Mandarin that all things are ready (to sail) except for East Wind. 

I am trilingual (hello from Malaysia- so its really normal to be trilingual) and I am a bit more than a beginner only on Japanese so I wont say I know 4 languages yet strictly speaking.Like selenette I rely a lot on dictionaries and some natural adv on vocab. 

Regarding his language skills

His Mandarin skills barely exists to my understanding, or else I wont have chinese fans asking me to translate to english first. Some chinese fans also indicates that. Do you have a video on him speaking Mandarin?

His english is not good either as I heard he needs a translator when he went to LA. So I am afraid he wont understand complex posts.

As for his Japanese there is conflicting reports about his level. He has a lot of fans in Japan and I read in one interview that he is learning it. However I asked a long time fan of his and she said its best not to translate to Japanese. I saw a video from four years ago there is a greeting video for Japanese fans he speaks in Korean and is translated to Japanese. However I will not be able to judge properly without hearing him speaking.

Part 1 & Part 2

Part 2.1

Jin

I wished to comfort you but I am not sure what are the right words to say, hence let me say something rational:

Although you feel that your acting skills are lacking, from our view this is not true. This is not biased praises from fans, as we held high expectations and you achieved them, so you must be good or else we are just blind.

In my opinion, the media’s praises reflect our opinions and voices, hence their praises means that you portrayed Baek Jin Sang really well and the way he is portrayed is what all of the viewers wanted

Because I am a new fan, from what I have seen, you are a confident, cute, detailed, smart and not a talkative person… you have too much positives for me haha. And In Korea you are a famous and a good actor.

In addition to that, you are a perfectionist. I think this has added a lot of stress to you and I am worried. I hope that you do not give yourself too much stress. Your Baek Jin Sang is really good, and this character has made me a fan. Please trust mine and all the viewers opnion.

Lastly, I hope you have great courage to go forward boldly. We are watching you. I am waiting eagerly for your performance in 2019.

@Heidi Seow

Dear Kang Ji-Hwan, 

Greetings from Malaysia! First time I know about you was in "The Big Man" but what really hooked me into you was "Feel Good To Die"! You really bring Beak Jin-sang's character into alive. I believe time-loop topic is really a new topic for Korean Drama and honesty to say, you did impressive job and I'm glad you took this challenge. Be proud for yourself. Ratings doesn't mean everything, deep impression is the most important and I believe you did it. 

Please take a good rest and come back with impressive project! Seriously I would like to see you often in variety show. Looking forward to see you soon! Please don't lets us wait too long. Fighting!

Notes: There are approx three persons (adding one more yesterday) have not provide their messages yet, but I am going to start editing this weekend.

I did ask around a few users to provide messages from weibo and all of them are quite willing to spend their time to write their opinions, a few of them have told me that they are unable to give me as soon as possible due to they have too much to say and they are afraid that their words will not comfort KJH. 

@Lawyerh

If he is good enough to talk in mandarin/english he would have done so (eg Hyukoh (Chinese) and Lee Hong Ki (Japanese) are very comfortable with Chinese/Japanese and speaks it regularly to fans etc) Its best to comment in Korean, so I am planning to summarise the messages/makes it more simpler so @selenette is able to have a smooth translation, but I am going to retain the original text for her reference and perhaps asks users to convert to images so that their original text can be retained and uploaded along with the translated ones. What do you think?

Yeoreobun, I'm going to start working on the messages translations today. I'm sorry but I think I might have to cut the messages. I'm sorry for the delay.

@phoenix24 'You Are The Reason' is my OST for them too :D thanks for sharing. I also love the one that @Lawyerh posted. 

Also, sharing this funny gif from Twitter by my tlist @fxctional. I hope it makes you laugh too. :joy::joy:

stco-PZgz7k6g-Ne.gif

Archived