Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스


puppyjjang

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, taeunfighting said:

 

Oh oops, sorry - I missed it was already pointed out that it's a boy and girl. You have a good point that the prosecutor did say that Seung Hun and SY were close in law school so it's less likely that the girl in the picture in SY. I thought SY picked up the book at random and then coincidentally found the picture, but now you got me thinking... 

 

Hmm! That is interesting. I totally forgot about the picture that she picked up.

Man! There's a lot going on already in the first two episodes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am watching episode 1 and am loving it!!!   Some really good lol moments and just what I need to de-stress. 

 

Just finished episode 2, which has a much more serious and dark tone than the first episode. It also left me a bit confused and looking forward to the new episodes.

 

Spoiler

Wonder why  Seo-Yeon’s soul took the shaped of Mido? I hope they will have a good explanation for it. I get that SY’s soul is probably ‘less beautiful’ than ‘before’ because she was shallow and judged others’ appearance as inferior to her own etc. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recap of ep.2 is out on dramabeans. From it, we're reminded that shady prosecutor received a fancy box with a written note inside, then he went to dig the coffin. So I think the note is from the YC who told him that he nailed shut an empty coffin. 

 

Then in the comment section, the recapper commented the possibility of J being Min's fiancee, which is very possible considering the name Jin in Hee Jin (or Soo Jin). When he first got the call in the rain, which he ignored, the fiancee has not left for the airport, right? Anyone remembers? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Then in the comment section, the recapper commented the possibility of J being Min's fiancee, which is very possible considering the name Jin in Hee Jin (or Soo Jin). When he first got the call in the rain, which he ignored, the fiancee has not left for the airport, right? Anyone remembers? 

I'm not too sure also if J is actually Hee Jin. When I tried hearing the voice of the woman J, it sounds to me a bit older. And I tried rewatching Hee Jin's voiceover in ep 1 when she was telling Min she can't imagine being with him. I just don't think they have the same voice. Hee Jin sounds a lot younger. I could be wrong though. You guys can try rewatching it and try to focus on the difference of the voices on ep 1 it's at 1:45 for Hee Jin and on ep 2 at 41:45 for J. I believe the sequence was made to throw us off, right after Prosecutor Seo hungs up on that call, we see Hee Jin running from YC. In that way, anyone may think of J as actually Hee Jin..to confuse us. I know Prosecutor Seo is way too suspicious, but it might be a personal problem of his who that J person is. Or probably a dark secret of his. I also don't know if what triggered him to actually go and dug SY's coffin is because of the note he received, we have to remember also that SY with her face as Mi Do before her 'burial' telling him she's SY and when she collapsed Min caught her and shouting "Se Yeon, Se Yeon". He's a prosecutor, surely he would do his own little research to verify that if there are actually two person saying one is this or that since you can tell from his expression during that scene. Again, I could be wrong :D.

 

Also, I would have to agree with some K-netz comments posted/shared in here, I feel like SY and CM's reactions after their death are somewhat lacking or very unrealistic, sure, they may be in denial, like in Min's part where In Guk and So Min was talking about how he's a nutjob because normally people would be surprised or in denial with this kind of situation, okay, I may accept that but still not quite reasonable to me. Also in the case of SY, it's like they're acting too laid back about what happened to them. I just feel like the events in 2 episodes are way too fast that I feel like there's not much of a buildup or that something is missing. Idk if you understand what I'm saying..lol..it's like yeah, sure, I get the flow of the events, but not convincing enough that in just a day they already accepted what happened to them. It's like, as a viewer, I can't certainly sympathize or understand the main characters yet because I feel like I know nothing about them to begin with??....it's like Iike I started a movie without watching perhaps a few minutes from the beginning. Idk if it lies in the writing itself or maybe that's actually how they wanna play it out and then later explains it, however I hope they could at least show how they actually felt dying and then reviving again or something along those lines.

 

Nonetheless, acting is on point, as always of PBY. And it's my first time watching AHS and he's not that bad. Love the chemistry especially. Hope next episodes will deliver it better or smoothly :D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Also, I would have to agree with some K-netz comments posted/shared in here, I feel like SY and CM's reactions after their death are somewhat lacking or very unrealistic, sure, they may be in denial, like in Min's part where In Guk and So Min was talking about how he's a nutjob because normally people would be surprised or in denial with this kind of situation, okay, I may accept that but still not quite reasonable to me. Also in the case of SY, it's like they're acting too laid back about what happened to them. I just feel like the events in 2 episodes are way too fast that I feel like there's not much of a buildup or that something is missing. Idk if you understand what I'm saying..lol..it's like yeah, sure, I get the flow of the events, but not convincing enough that in just a day they already accepted what happened to them. It's like, as a viewer, I can't certainly sympathize or understand the main characters yet because I feel like I know nothing about them to begin with??....it's like Iike I started a movie without watching perhaps a few minutes from the beginning. Idk if it lies in the writing itself or maybe that's actually how they wanna play it out and then later explains it, however I hope they could at least show how they actually felt dying and then reviving again or something along those lines.

I understand the sentiment... I'm not too bothered by it though, because probably writer do need to get into the story soon, not enough time to explore their awkward feeling about coming to terms with their new bodies, because that's not the focus of the story. And they actually explained it away with a little humor for Min's uncharacteristic acceptance. As for SY, it's probably because she trusts Min a lot? At least they still address the new appearance within Min and SY's conversation and interaction. Besides, this is a fantasy drama. If I am going to believe in a shining ball being able to bring back the dead, I'm going to believe the people in the drama are going to accept it easily too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@lightbringer06 I might be wrong but I had the impression that J is not Hee Jin, rather the serial killer YC. HJ was held captive and might have found YC's cellphone. I had imagined that that when HJ called the prosecutor Seo and she asked for his help, she had found the cellphone of YC and called Seo as she knew him, as a prosecutor. My theory is that HJ had been placed by Seo so that CM would stop following SY. His plan was to get rid of his rival. He never thought that HJ would break off the engagement so suddenly hence YC kidnapped her. Right now, YC might have even misled her thinking that CM's mother is the one behind the kidnapping.

Seo might have been afraid that the truth would be unveiled. So YC kidnapped HJ as a request of Seo... The doctor deceived her, when he mentioned her real name. Since Seo is a prosecutor, he might have discovered her true identity. Anyway, we shouldn't forget that during the night, SY got killed, the serial killer was killed as well. So YC couldn't show up at the place, Hee Jin was held captive. From my point of view, Seo introduced HJ to SY indirectly so that the latter would present HJ to CM.  

To conclude, there must be a deal between Seo and YC: Seo has to cover up the identity of the serial killer, while YC helped him to deal with his rival CM. I also think that both persons could have experienced abyss once. 

That's just an idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ktcjdrama Lol..that slipped my mind..yeah, this is actually a fantasy drama so maybe I'll just have to believe even the unbelievable :D. I usually don't mind the flaw but it kinda bugs me in a teeny weeny way :P.

 

@bebebisous33 That could be a good theory as well given if indeed Seo has feelings for SY, right?..that's what you're saying, Seo sees CM as a rival, like love rival for SY? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@ktcjdrama Lol..that slipped my mind..yeah, this is actually a fantasy drama so maybe I'll just have to believe even the unbelievable :D. I usually don't mind the flaw but it kinda bugs me in a teeny weeny way :P.

 

@bebebisous33 That could be a good theory as well given if indeed Seo has feelings for SY, right?..that's what you're saying, Seo sees CM as a rival, like love rival for SY? 

Yes, Seo had feelings for SY... it was really visible, when he took care of her in her drunk state. I have also the impression that Seo has no idea that YC killed her. The serial killer is killing people who insulted him in his eyes. SY was killed because she didn't show real respect to the doctor. Seo knew the identity of the killer... that's why he didn't want SY to be on her own alone as he knew that the killer was around, killing many women. In my opinion, Seo has misjudged the serial killer: YC can not stand being mistreated/looked down/questioned, while he thought that YC did it out of need.  I have also the impression that YC might have known something about Seo so that they came to an "agreement".

Link to post
Share on other sites

@adqu For Cha Min who says his heart does not beat for SY anymore, he sure takes care of her a lot. I remember the scene in ep 2 when they got their new/burner phones and then Min said "Put me on speed dial" casually B)..okay, Min, yeah, you don't feel anything huh? :P ^_^...20 years of unrequited love doesn't just go away in a split of sec :D.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, stella77 said:

I am watching episode 1 and am loving it!!!   Some really good lol moments and just what I need to de-stress. 

 

Just finished episode 2, which has a much more serious and dark tone than the first episode. It also left me a bit confused and looking forward to the new episodes.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Wonder why  Seo-Yeon’s soul took the shaped of Mido? I hope they will have a good explanation for it. I get that SY’s soul is probably ‘less beautiful’ than ‘before’ because she was shallow and judged others’ appearance as inferior to her own etc. 

 

Glad you are enjoying it too. As you can see we all have lots of questions :D

 

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I understand the sentiment... I'm not too bothered by it though, because probably writer do need to get into the story soon, not enough time to explore their awkward feeling about coming to terms with their new bodies, because that's not the focus of the story. And they actually explained it away with a little humor for Min's uncharacteristic acceptance. As for SY, it's probably because she trusts Min a lot? At least they still address the new appearance within Min and SY's conversation and interaction. Besides, this is a fantasy drama. If I am going to believe in a shining ball being able to bring back the dead, I'm going to believe the people in the drama are going to accept it easily too.

Great post.  I very much agree!

 

1 hour ago, adqu said:

cute new stills... these two sure eat a lot :P src: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001104561

 

They are so cute!:love: Thanks for the stills @adqu

18 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@adqu For Cha Min who says his heart does not beat for SY anymore, he sure takes care of her a lot. I remember the scene in ep 2 when they got their new/burner phones and then Min said "Put me on speed dial" casually B)..okay, Min, yeah, you don't feel anything huh? :P ^_^...20 years of unrequited love doesn't just go away in a split of sec :D.

LOL! That scene was so funny. He was so pleased with himself when he said that:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lingx2 said:

I remember this scene from the long teaser where a customer mistaken SY as the staff of the restaurant :sweatingbullets:

Oh yeah!..I remember that too..ha ha..also, is this also where SY gets drunk and becomes so clingy to Min :D? I think so.

 

I am excited for tomorrow's eps but then I won't be able to watch all eps until Wednesday :tears:..be going home to our remote area with uncertain internet connection..lol..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 6:50 AM, lingx2 said:

TVN 'Abys' Park Bo-young is robbed of his sights by catching a singer's time (short for "real time consciousness") from the first day of investigation.

 
Park Bo-young's 1 person 2 stations Hard Carrie, Soul Resurrection Beads "Abyss" Shin Bhahn Material, a unique setting of a dead person after a new resurrection in the shape of a soul and killing the self-killer. The TVN drama 'Abyss: Soul Sothing Beads', which took the top spot in the time zone, unveils the steel with the rabbit eyes wise time of Park Bo Young (Kosseon Station) on the 12th.
In the second episode of 'Abyss', Park Bo-young, who was resurrected as a soul, began to cooperate with An Hyo-seop (Chinmin) to find a killer who killed her. Above all, Ahn Hyo - seop revived the serial killer Lee Sung - jae (Oh Young - chul), who wrote a mask of a genius surgeon as a soul sacrifice ball 'Abys', and he suddenly resurrected his 60s as an elderly person and gave a strong shock to the.
In particular, Park Bo-young, who was resurrected as a Sebel sister in the top 1% examination of Goddess, made a pleasant and laughable survival law, captures an eye-catching figure with surprised rabbit eyes this time.
Park Bo-young, who is in the open, is frowning on his forehead and putting down his eyes and making a disappointing puppy-like and cute expression, causing him to wonder what is going on. In addition, Park Bo-young is surprised by the enlarged pupil and funky shoulder. It looks like a rabbit who is surprised to meet a lion. Especially, as it is not able to endure the anger that became a sheriff's sister, it is also a smile to look at what it is saying to me.
 
In this way, Park Bo Young 's actor, who expresses the emotions that change every minute with different expressions, such as puzzling by moving the mirror, causing a pupil earthquake in a surprise, and showing a smile, is enough to impress the viewers.
 
Above all, Park Bo-young is showing his judgment and practice as fast as his 'high-end' character while shooting. It is a rumor that Park Bo-young's enthusiasm is impressed by the passion of Park Bo-young, such as showing the adventure of the other actor, completing the ping-pong chemi, proposing it without hesitation after a thoughtful idea and actively demonstrating it.
 
TVN 'Abys' crew said, "I hope that Park Bo-young will make a hard career in catching the murderer who exploded the charm of Kim Jong-il when he comes forward." The TVN Wolhwa drama 'Abyss' is a reverse visual fantasy in which two men and women who resurrected with a different 'reverse visual' through their 'Soul Resurrection Beads' Abyss and pursued the murderer who killed them.
 
-google translate :lol:
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the new stills @lingx2 and @adqu It appears both boys want Seyeon's undivided attention.  I don't know why but the middle still of SY smiling is making me laugh :lol:

 

Yay! We are getting drunk Seyeon scene this week too!:D

 

Does anyone know the name of the song played over the ending credits of the episode and the next episode preview? It's a female vocal and I really like the song!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...