[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

9 hours ago, raziela said:

I am so curious about this school filming they were doing....they are wearing uniforms but it can't be a flashback because their current faces didn't know each other back then.

i was thinking they could be undercover lol but then i realized the name tag on bo young's uniform reads "go se yeon"... something tells me the abyss has something to do with it. maybe it's an "induced" flashback? like, they're thrown into a memory or something? maybe it's one of its multiple abilities :rolleyes: (i watch too much sci-fi, ignore me)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve watched ep4 and am retracting from a possible situation of info-overload and new rules of the Abyss that give off a Death Becomes Her vibe. 

What exactly does a double death do to you?

How come the fiancée was resurrected looking like herself but with all the imperfections  - did she die?

Will read up on forum before watching again.

I hope this doesn’t become a tangled mess.

Finally watched episode 4 after being swamped with work the past few days and wow holy plot twists!

HJ really was a scheming little beotch this whole time. I felt so bad for CM thinking she really loved him, oh and also that she was carrying his baby. 

Speaking of HJ, what's the connection between her mom and YC? 

Shady Seo is just plain evil I guess. When he gave that nurse the coffee cup I knew something was up. Ughh. Still don't know the connection between him and YC. 

YC is definitely working with someone. Who was he talking to on the phone at the restaurant? I thought maybe he had hired someone to kill HJ, but no, it was him driving the truck. But he was definitely talking to someone else. And we still know it was someone else who took HJ from the airport. 

But I'm mostly just so concerned for our beautiful lead CM! How will he possibly be revived now??? 

Really loving this show!! What will happen next? So exciting!

I finished the episodes but haven't gotten a chance to post in there.

So after finishing episode 4, I've come to conclusion in my thinking that the Abyss revives you as the person you resent the most. For CM, he hates handsome people, that's why he looks handsome and tall. GSY doesn't like her sunbae LMD that's why she's here. OYC hates his father, that's why he's old looking like his father. HJ hates how she USED to look, that's why she's turning back to her old self before the plastic surgery.

This is my guess that Seo Ji Wook and Jang Hee Jin are Oh Yeong Chul's son and daughter. Both are half-siblings with different mothers. Remember Detective Park Dong Chul stated that OYC had three wives before. He knew about Seo Ji Wook and they've been working together to get rid of people who hates and criticize OYC's work. While HJ doesn't know about her father being OYC and now that he has found out about her, he wants her dead, because she's unwilling to be evil like her brother. Gotta remember that HJ's real name is Oh Soo Jin.

Just guessing a lot of things now, because there is soo much that needs to be explain which we'll get next week's episodes. Also hope that GSY can get CM revived, again. I'm sorry, I was a little upset at how stupid he was, but he really deserved to hear it from HJ herself that she wasn't pregnant and didn't love him a bit.

new stills:

0004143904_001_20190518081801951.jpg

good to know they won't keep CM dead for long. hm, very interested in today's press release... i'll wait for soompi's translation since my korean is not perfect, but the points they brought up:

1) we should find out more about the relationship between oh young cheol and seo ji wook;

2) there are 7 abyss laws in total, and there are only 2 left to be revealed. i'm assuming we'll know about both next week;

3) when will dong cheol find out about se yeon; they bring up lee mi do and how she came back to korea to undergo plastic surgery (episode 1)... i think she might show up soon? with the new face.

4) how CM was killed

20 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

LOL...I'm crossing my fingers and toes that how and when will be in the next episode, but I agree that both are a big giant question mark. When it happens though, I do have high hopes that the plot and relationship department will reset and go. Prior to CM dying again, he was totally obsessing over finding HJ. It even made SY worry about him. Now that CM has learned that HJ is not the fiancee he thought he knew and loved, I think he will start to let go of her in that sense which will truly make room in his heart for his relationship to grow with SY. This should be easy because she's been there for 20 years. SY seemed pretty heartbroken when CM died so I think when he is alive again, she will start to realize her feelings for him. How does that saying go? You don't know what you got until it's gone. At least please have his second revival be meaningful in that sense.

All the loose ends (and there are lots) will need to start coming together soon so hopefully next week will tie in at least some together for us.

That's what I'm hoping and I'm crossing everything too!

20 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I usually have my four episodes before I decide to keep or drop.

The first two had me eagerly keeping. Then ep 3 and 4 made me rethink.

I will hang in there for another two episodes to see what happens next.

If the rule about Abyss going to the next person who was revived, does that mean we will see PsychoDoctorOldMan die before it goes into SY's hands or will we have SY (alone at this point) running around trying to find PsychoDoctorOldMan. And what will she do when she finds him anyway? *scratches head*

These two episodes really didn't win the drama any fans lol!  :lol: at your nickname for Young Chul.  Yes, it does mean he is the owner now.  SY can only become the owner once he dies so I'm not sure how this will go unless she is about to kill him or something. Not like YC is going to volunteer to revive CM or anyone considering he is a serial killer  *I am also scratching my head*

14 hours ago, adqu said:

right? they could've slowed down the pacing of the murder plot a bit and given more focus to them trying to figure out how to work their new identities, their new bodies, etc. while also exploring how that and their past influences their current relationship. that's the fun of body swap/reincarnation stories. a lot of wasted potential in there, sadly. especially in the romance side.

*sigh* such a missed opportunity :(

14 hours ago, adqu said:

i actually don't think the drama is that bad either... i love the mix of mistery and fantasy in dramas and i'm easily impressionable lol even if i recognize that there are many, MANY flaws, i still find enjoyment somehow. but i 100% understand that there are multiple aspects that can be a turn off for a lot of people, especially those that came in expecting something else and i don't blame them for wanting to drop it. but yeah, i hope it can get better. the acting is definitely not the problem.

Totally agree.

13 hours ago, adqu said:

i was thinking they could be undercover lol but then i realized the name tag on bo young's uniform reads "go se yeon"... something tells me the abyss has something to do with it. maybe it's an "induced" flashback? like, they're thrown into a memory or something? maybe it's one of its multiple abilities :rolleyes: (i watch too much sci-fi, ignore me)

Haha!  Well, it's as good as any other idea so you might be on to something...

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I finished the episodes but haven't gotten a chance to post in there.

So after finishing episode 4, I've come to conclusion in my thinking that the Abyss revives you as the person you resent the most. For CM, he hates handsome people, that's why he looks handsome and tall. GSY doesn't like her sunbae LMD that's why she's here. OYC hates his father, that's why he's old looking like his father. HJ hates how she USED to look, that's why she's turning back to her old self before the plastic surgery.

Spoiler

This is my guess that Seo Ji Wook and Jang Hee Jin are Oh Yeong Chul's son and daughter. Both are half-siblings with different mothers. Remember Detective Park Dong Chul stated that OYC had three wives before. He knew about Seo Ji Wook and they've been working together to get rid of people who hates and criticize OYC's work. While HJ doesn't know about her father being OYC and now that he has found out about her, he wants her dead, because she's unwilling to be evil like her brother. Gotta remember that HJ's real name is Oh Soo Jin.

Just guessing a lot of things now, because there is soo much that needs to be explain which we'll get next week's episodes. Also hope that GSY can get CM revived, again. I'm sorry, I was a little upset at how stupid he was, but he really deserved to hear it from HJ herself that she wasn't pregnant and didn't love him a bit.

I agree with your guesses about what Abyss receives people and about Shady Seo and Hee Jin's link to Young Chul. He's already implied he is Shady's father and he seems to know too much about Hee Jin's mother.  Good catch about her real name too.

CM was so foolish about Hee Jin.  I understand that Min is naive and has never dated or had a girlfriend before but he was so dumb. The tramp made a fool of him, humiliated him, accused him of murder and has lied to and about him every single time she opened her mouth but he was still willing to believe her until he finally heard directly from her that she was lying about being pregnant.  I bet she lied about them sleeping together when he was drunk that one time too, tbh!.  The poor guy is probably still a virgin and didn't even realise it :lol:

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

So after finishing episode 4, I've come to conclusion in my thinking that the Abyss revives you as the person you resent the most.

I too think Abyss revives them into person they hate the most. But what's with the explanation in the beginning then that it's in the form of their soul?

How old is surgeon YC again? Does anyone know? Is it in the character description? Because I think he couldn't have been the father of Seo and HJ... I agree though that they could be half-siblings from different mothers. The person who has three wives is the father of YC, whom he's currently taken the form in.

55 minutes ago, raziela said:

I bet she lied about them sleeping together when he was drunk that one time too, tbh!.  The poor guy is probably still a virgin and didn't even realise it :lol:

I think so too!! SY also doubted he would sleep with HJ, knowing how simple and upright he is.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

CM was so foolish about Hee Jin.  I understand that Min is naive and has never dated or had a girlfriend before but he was so dumb. The tramp made a fool of him, humiliated him, accused him of murder and has lied to and about him every single time she opened her mouth but he was still willing to believe her until he finally heard directly from her that she was lying about being pregnant.  I bet she lied about them sleeping together when he was drunk that one time too, tbh!.  The poor guy is probably still a virgin and didn't even realise it :lol:

He is naive and I totally agree that she lied about them sleeping together. She is a gold digger and she was going to go through with the plan of marrying him for his money, cause look at his situation, his mother is sick and he's the only son. If the mother dies, he gets everything and he's extremely naive, she can trick him and get everything. She also knows that if she says she's pregnant, he'll come out and running to her, therefore, all the crimes/blames will be thrown to him.

11 hours ago, adqu said:

good to know they won't keep CM dead for long. hm, very interested in today's press release... i'll wait for soompi's translation since my korean is not perfect, but the points they brought up:

1) we should find out more about the relationship between oh young cheol and seo ji wook;

2) there are 7 abyss laws in total, and there are only 2 left to be revealed. i'm assuming we'll know about both next week;

3) when will dong cheol find out about se yeon; they bring up lee mi do and how she came back to korea to undergo plastic surgery (episode 1)... i think she might show up soon? with the new face.

4) how CM was killed

Thank you for the summary!

1) Even more screen time for crusty old serial killer Yong Chul? And Shady Seo? Just what the audience was clamouring for :mellow: 

2) I'll be glad when we have all the abyss laws revealed. I wonder if that means someone is going to attempt a revival because it seems like we only get rules when they attempt to revive someone.

3) So Mi Do is still alive? I thought she was dead! If she does reappear it's just going to complicate the things even further.

4) I hope they don't show the killing in detail. Please no more graphic violence, drama! :(

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I too think Abyss revives them into person they hate the most. But what's with the explanation in the beginning then that it's in the form of their soul?

How old is surgeon YC again? Does anyone know? Is it in the character description? Because I think he couldn't have been the father of Seo and HJ... I agree though that they could be half-siblings from different mothers. The person who has three wives is the father of YC, whom he's currently taken the form in.

I will need to rewatch but did the aliens or the Abyss ball specifically say that about it reflecting the soul or was that Min's guess?

The character description says YC is in his 50s so he is just about old enough but I also think YC's father is their father.

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think so too!! SY also doubted he would sleep with HJ, knowing how simple and upright he is.

8 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

He is naive and I totally agree that she lied about them sleeping together. She is a gold digger and she was going to go through with the plan of marrying him for his money, cause look at his situation, his mother is sick and he's the only son. If the mother dies, he gets everything and he's extremely naive, she can trick him and get everything. She also knows that if she says she's pregnant, he'll come out and running to her, therefore, all the crimes/blames will be thrown to him.

@ktcjdrama  @turtle0217 Right! HJ knew Min is exactly the type of upright man who would want to "take responsibility" if he thought something happened between them. So she let him think they slept together, honourable Min proposes which is why they got engaged after just three months. 

We have seen from the flashbacks-the real flashbacks and not the fake flashbacks she lied about at the police station<_<-CM treated her so well and was so grateful for her "love".  Then she takes advantage of his simple and upright nature again by pretending to be pregnant as she knows he will hand himself in:angry:

3 hours ago, adqu said:

Thank you! for the video. Ahn Hyo Seop is so handsome and cute :love: He has a such a nice smile too.  I wish he got to smile more in this drama.

These interviews by Abyss look fun but I guess we are not going to get any English translations :(

I am really curious how CM died too. YC appeared to just have a syringe of some "death liquid" in his hand. But then CM was on the ground bleeding. Also...if YC was originally there to kill Gi Man, then why didn't he do it? He probably could've just unplugged the life support machine and that would've killed him. Unless it's because of the "alarm" that would have gone off. Though it seems YC must have known about that and had some way around it. Anyways I'm very curious to see how it played out, even if it is violent. 

I'm not on board yet with the YC being their father theory, though I think it's possible. It seems kind of like an overplayed plot twist but let's see if it's done right. 

Right now the only way I see CM being revived is if SY kills YC and gets the ball herself. But then where is our story without our main bad guy? I do think however Shady Seo is just as much a bad guy as YC. I'm also beginning to think he really killed SY! Is that possible? I need to rewatch episode 1!

I like the theory of the abyss ball reviving you to look like someone you hate. But it's true it also said you are revived looking like your soul. But remember when our two aliens were confused why CM was revived with that face? Maybe the abyss ball is a malfunctioning one haha. Maybe it'll just start making its own rules as we progress! I have no idea. 

This show has me guessing so much :w00t:

7 hours ago, lingx2 said:

BTS photo

i wonder if those pics of CM with the new hairstyle are from this week's episode or if it's from a more recent shooting... his hair hadn't changed in one of yesterday's stills... either way, i like the new hair better hehe #freetheforehead :P

Archived