[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had the time to watch today's episode, yet, but saw the preview for tomorrow's episode, his ex-fiancee is back! I'm crossing my fingers that CM doesn't revive her, please please please, don't do it.

25 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I remember the real Mi-Do stating that she was going to get plastic surgery. Could the real Mi-do changed her look to look like  Se-yeon before she had died? 

You never know it could be that. She's gonna be gone for a while in the drama before she shows up again and she'll have a whole new look.

Just watched ep 3! Man this show is moving fast. I don't know how they're going to pull 16 episodes from the one story line but so far it's still very interesting! I took notes this time while watching :rolleyes::lol:

Some things we learn:

-SY was definitely killed by the serial killer, who I'll call YC from here on out. She was not killed by taxi driver/father of murdered daughter Gi Man, despite some suspicions about that being the case

-Gi Man was working as a police officer when his daughter was killed

-YC told Gi Man he killed his daughter because she was a thief (we see her stealing some jewelry)

-YC was also surgeon on duty when Gi Man's daughter came to the hospital, so YC tells Gi Man that technically "I killed your daughter twice"

-Gi Man found out the truth that YC is the old man now, and that truth was *almost* revealed to CM, but by the end of the episode, YC had stabbed Gi Man for like the zillionth time and Gi Man doesn't look like he is going to survive this time to reveal the truth about YC/old man to anyone

-Oh yeah, old man YC is posing as YC's father to the detectives and it's working

-Soooo Shady Prosecutor Seo...he definitely knows the keycode to YC's house and almost punched it in before being stopped

-Shady Seo (as I'll call him) also came face-to-face with old man YC at the end of the episode and old man YC creepily said something like "You know who I am because my blood runs through your veins" ??? Yeah I need to re-watch the end, that was weird! 

-Oh yeah also shady Seo was doing some digging into YC's father and found out from neighborhood peeps that YC's father was dead and therefore old man YC could not be his father like he was claiming to be 

-YC killed another man towards the end of the episode--a taxi cab driver--because the driver kept asking questions about why Gi Man was in the cab with them in a hospital gown. BUT this time the detectives said YC left evidence, a fingerprint, which he had never done before. Hmmmmmmm. I guess he thinks he can never be caught now that he looks like an old man.

-The Abyss orb "came alive/throbbed" when CM walked past the morgue in the hospital. BUT also at that time, Shady Seo was nearby. 

-I didn't notice the orb throbbing when YC was near?? I think someone mentioned this but I did not notice it. 

-Okay...what else...so at the beginning of the episode, when YC and Gi Man were having their first face off, and Gi Man had stabbed YC but then the cops showed up at the door...Gi Man had a chance to truly kill YC before escaping...he could have stabbed him in the heart or the eyes or something...but instead he left him be with very minor injuries. I mean, he wanted YC dead, so it was definitely a little confusing that part.

-YC was holding HJ captive in his basement. I have so many questions here: 1. Why was he holding her captive instead of outright killing her like he did to everyone else? Unless he's held others captive that we don't know about? 2. Why did he target HJ? 3. We still don't know who took HJ from the airport that day 4. He let HJ go at the end of the episode. He was on the phone with her saying something like "You've made a good choice" and then at the very end we see HJ outside and freed. Who was at YC's house to let HJ go?

-Lastly, the preview looks really intriguing. HJ says something like CM came to visit her after SY's murder? But of course we know that isn't possible. Also the police are gonna dig up the empty coffin and think that CM ran away with SY's dead body. Oh yeah and HJ is ran over by a car in an "accident" aka a murder. Who runs her over? Will CM and SY revive HJ with the abyss ball?? 

3 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

YC killed another man towards the end of the episode--a taxi cab driver--because the driver kept asking questions about why Gi Man was in the cab with them in a hospital gown. BUT this time the detectives said YC left evidence, a fingerprint, which he had never done before. Hmmmmmmm. I guess he thinks he can never be caught now that he looks like an old man.

YC did kill the taxi driver but the fingerprint he left was in the car of the rude lady he killed in her car. Not that taxi driver.

I think he didn't bother/worry about the fingerprint because he is not registered anywhere since he is technically having a "ghost" identity. 

As for keeping HJ alive, my guess is he must have a purpose with her. ie.to give false testimony as to who killed SY. That is why he commented she made a good choice in working for him. 

I am guessing Seo is YC's half brother? If not, he once saved Seo? 

Btw, notice that the face of KM's wife is always covered up. I wonder why. I remember except for the very tiny picture in the pendant, the family potrait on the wall, and on the desk do not show her face. 

Thanks for all the screencaps from the episode @lingx2

7 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I haven't had the time to watch today's episode, yet, but saw the preview for tomorrow's episode, his ex-fiancee is back! I'm crossing my fingers that CM doesn't revive her, please please please, don't do it.

I hope he doesn't revive her either!  Plus I would like to see the back of this manipulative ex-fiancee so CM can stop obsessing over her and move on/back to) Seyeon :lol:

I felt so sorry for Seyeon when she admitted she was scared by herself after he left her to go and sit outside Hee Jin's apartment.  Even though she acts so brave all the time, we can see she is vulnerable on the inside :tears:

7 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Just watched ep 3! Man this show is moving fast. I don't know how they're going to pull 16 episodes from the one story line but so far it's still very interesting! I took notes this time while watching :rolleyes::lol:

Some things we learn:

- Good observations and questions.  I love that you took notes and I will be using your Shady Seo's name now too lol!

- The Abyss throbbing was interesting and it must be significant.  I thought it might be because of Shady Seo too  but, then again, it didn't throb when Min was near Shady Seo before or maybe there is a clue to something in the morgue.

- I didn't understand how they figured out where YC was taking kill Park Gi-Man to murder him towards the end of the episode?

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

YC did kill the taxi driver but the fingerprint he left was in the car of the rude lady he killed in her car. Not that taxi driver.

I think he didn't bother/worry about the fingerprint because he is not registered anywhere since he is technically having a "ghost" identity. 

As for keeping HJ alive, my guess is he must have a purpose with her. ie.to give false testimony as to who killed SY. That is why he commented she made a good choice in working for him. 

I am guessing Seo is YC's half brother? If not, he once saved Seo? 

Btw, notice that the face of KM's wife is always covered up. I wonder why. I guess except for the very tiny picture in the pendant, the family potrait on the wall, and on the desk do not show her face. 

- Thanks.  I didn't realise it was the rude lady's car they were talking about.  I thought they were talking about the taxi.

- I think they did show Park Gi-Man's wife. I think she is dead because early in episode 2 when Park Gi Man was praying at home he first speaks to one photograph of a woman and calls her "Yeobo" which is a term of endearment between a husband and a wife (I learned from watching too many K-dramas:lol:).

I also felt this episode was a lot darker than the previous episode.  I thought episode 2 hit a much better balance of drama and comedy.  Did anyone else feel like there were too few scenes with Park Bo Young and Ahn Hyo Seop this episode?  It felt like we spent so much time with the killer, Park Gi Man, the policemen, Shady Seo compared to the leads. SY and CM didn't have much screen time and definitely not enough scenes together.  I hope we see more of them together from Episode 4 as I feel the Seyeon + Cha Min scenes together are one of the core strengths of the drama.

2019051401001015000067861.jpg

link : http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201905140100101500006786&ServiceDate=20190514&f_url=Fire#_enliple

me too also don't like the idea of CM to revive his fiancee or anyone else again using the abyss. This will only put him and SY into more danger as more people will know his secret and if HJ collab with the murderer, it'll defintely makes thing worse.

8 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

-Soooo Shady Prosecutor Seo...he definitely knows the keycode to YC's house and almost punched it in before being stopped

-Shady Seo (as I'll call him) also came face-to-face with old man YC at the end of the episode and old man YC creepily said something like "You know who I am because my blood runs through your veins" ??? Yeah I need to re-watch the end, that was weird! 

-Oh yeah also shady Seo was doing some digging into YC's father and found out from neighborhood peeps that YC's father was dead and therefore old man YC could not be his father like he was claiming to be 

I am most confused by these parts and how they can be connected to each other. When I heard YC say to Seo that "my blood runs through your veins", the first thought that came to mind was that YC is implying that he's Seo's father, but how can that make any sense? I'll be wracking my brain about this part. I'm going to sleep so confused LOL.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

@turtlegirl thanks for the quick summary:blush:. I have a feeling they won't be able to revive the ex-fiancee. I mean we don't know how the Abyss works. 

Apparently, CM tried to learn more about how the Abyss works by referencing the user manual, but he said it was in alien language. I guess we can cross the user manual off the list LOL.

4 hours ago, raziela said:

I felt so sorry for Seyeon when she admitted she was scared by herself after he left her to go and sit outside Hee Jin's apartment.  Even though she acts so brave all the time, we can see she is vulnerable on the inside :tears:

I felt sorry for SY in that moment too and wanted CM to have been there, but on the flip side, it was sort of nice to see her be vulnerable under her tough exterior for a change. I hope she will open up more about her inner feelings, especially to CM.

8 hours ago, lingx2 said:

link : http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201905140100101500006786&ServiceDate=20190514&f_url=Fire#_enliple

me too also don't like the idea of CM to revive his fiancee or anyone else again using the abyss. This will only put him and SY into more danger as more people will know his secret and if HJ collab with the murderer, it'll defintely makes thing worse.

Agreed.  The article the other day said there would be one more resurrection but I'm hoping it's not Hee Jin lol! Also I just want her gone (sorry not sorry!).  She might have a good reason for her actions but is two-faced and I just want CM to get over her and get with his true love (Seyeon:D). I do like that they have shown he did fall in love with her and didn't just use HJ as an SY replacement because she was nicer to him.  I also want to know how SY ended up knowing HJ and ended up matchmaking them.

6 hours ago, lingx2 said:

OST 'Into The Abyss' by  수란 and 쿠기 will be released today.

PS : I think this may be the song that someone asked before?

link : http://www.osen.co.kr/article/G1111141359

Thank you :kiss_wink: I asked about the song a couple of days ago.  I'm glad we finally have more information and it is getting a release.  I really like the song!

6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I am most confused by these parts and how they can be connected to each other. When I heard YC say to Seo that "my blood runs through your veins", the first thought that came to mind was that YC is implying that he's Seo's father, but how can that make any sense? I'll be wracking my brain about this part. I'm going to sleep so confused LOL.

Apparently, CM tried to learn more about how the Abyss works by referencing the user manual, but he said it was in alien language. I guess we can cross the user manual off the list LOL.

I felt sorry for SY in that moment too and wanted CM to have been there, but on the flip side, it was sort of nice to see her be vulnerable under her tough exterior for a change. I hope she will open up more about her inner feelings, especially to CM.

- I also thought he was implying he was Shady Seo's father too.

- LOL! about the manual.  The aliens must have assumed he spoke their language or something? So I suppose he will just have to figure it out as they go when the Abyss decides to show him the rules in English.

- I'm hoping SY opening up about her fear will be part of their relationship development :relaxed:

Archived