[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] The Untamed 陈情令

RPM

3 hours ago, DontEatMyKimchi said:

@dreamxx

GIF is from one of the trailers, the scene hasn't air yet. I guessing you are correct, it should be LWJ asking for punishment after saving WWX 

@NEVERending

WWX is mostly like going to die by or at the end of next week. So Ill wait one week and binge on the 12 episodes. Im okay about the part with WWX dying but the arc with Jiang Ling's parents is what tears my heart apart. This happy bubble final burst. I cant handle it.

@BreezeC

He moved away from Nie Huaisang because he lost his 'spirit core' or whatever it's subbed as. WWX is now very weak physically, so he dodged the touch from Nie in case the latter might sense something. Remember how he fell from a single light push from JC, that's mostly like why he doesn't want anyone to touch him. I don't think it's the 'dark spirit' since he has no problems cuddling with Jiang Yanli.

Omggg my heart will break from that scene. LZ looks so sad there. I wonder if they will also film him in his heartbroken state when WY dies > I believe he got drunk on Emperor's Smile and also he made a similar burn mark on his chest as WY's.

Just saw the first 2 episodes. Knew about 魔道祖师, but never read it novels or watched the anime. While I'm not expecting anything explicit from China, I sure hope for at least a solid plot and good acting. Not disappointed so far. 

Heard there are multiple versions of the book? Anyone knows where is the best/canon Chinese version of 魔道祖师? 

Also, where are the BTS videos?

1 hour ago, outsanity said:

Just saw the first 2 episodes. Knew about 魔道祖师, but never read it novels or watched the anime. While I'm not expecting anything explicit from China, I sure hope for at least a solid plot and good acting. Not disappointed so far. 

Heard there are multiple versions of the book? Anyone knows where is the best/canon Chinese version of 魔道祖师? 

Also, where are the BTS videos?

I’ve started reading From novelupdates! And bts scenes are on yt. Some are shared here and if you search for “the untamed” bts there are loads of scenes   

WHEEZE so “straight men watches CQL” has become kind of a meme on weibo and a translator made a thread on twitter 

and it’s so damn funny omg why does this drama have such good memes

• LOL 2

Oh boy,i love Wei Wu Xian soooo much,he is such a hero,kind to those in need and weaker than him and merciless against those who use their powers to hurt others,of course he is not perfect but even so i like him so much... in my view and it's quite ironic that even when he is using the demonic cultivation and went on the so called "wrong path" he is kinder and just than those so called rightous sects that act all arrogant and think they are all right and high and mighty(looking at you Jin Sect)...I felt sooo bad seeing those poor innocent Wen people treated like that,killed with such joy that i'm glad that at least Wu Xian saved them...Sad that they made him look like the Devil in the current timeline,as his legacy, when as the Yiling Patriarch he was such an amazing man that that they feared him just because he was more powerful than them and didn't do their bindings and if left alone he wouldn't hurt them at all.It's clear that for the Wen Survivors he was their hero,their saviour and sad knowing their outcome for all of them,they truly didn't deserve what will happen...Might say as this drama is quite the character driven one i adore it and would have actually liked if they had like 60 eps in place of 50 to explore even more in the current timeline as well and unlike many i've seen i enjoy soo much the past and even wanetd to see more of how Wei Wu Xian paves his way as the Yiling Patriarch and not the lies they made his legacy...Don't know about the others but i'm enjoying sooo much Wei Wu Xian's interactions with Wen Qing,i like her sooo much,she and baby Wen Ning are sooo adorable...Speaking of Wen Ning,my heart broke so much for his fate,he trully didn't deserve to die like that so i'm happy to see him comeback even like this,even more when he kept his own self....Can i say that i find the Jin clan soooo annoying and arrogant! Also Meng Yao is such a wicked snake...

Quite curious for those who know he content,does Lan Zhan finds out that he doesn't have his Golden Core anymore or just in the present timeline he gets to know it was given to Jiang Cheng?

Also,do u guys know how he made the flute,first i considered that the Yi Tiger Seal remodeled into it but i see that he has it in that pouch(and how did the sword that he found inside the Tortoise of Carnage ended up appereang in Yiling that time?)Might have missed it but from were did he get the pouch with the Yin Tiger Seal he owns? I actually believed the sword he retrived back then was one of the Seal modeled as that...Also it looks like it is more powerful than those 3 pieces the Wen Clan owned as he can control them and unlike Wen i think the Yi Seal/sword actually choose/accepted Wei Wu Xian as his master/partner...

Does anyone could be kind to share exactly the content that was disscused in ep 26 in the Great Hall when he almost killed that annoying Jin Clan dude(sad he is till alive, he is sooooo annoying,i wanna get inside and kill him) I got the impression he asked to overlook Yiling or were the Wen people were kept or something?

1 hour ago, Miky88 said:

Oh boy,i love Wei Wu Xian soooo much,he is such a hero,kind to those in need and weaker than him and merciless against those who use their powers to hurt others,of course he is not perfect but even so i like him so much... in my view and it's quite ironic that even when he is using the demonic cultivation and went on the so called "wrong path" he is kinder and just than those so called rightous sects that act all arrogant and think they are all right and high and mighty(looking at you Jin Sect)...I felt sooo bad seeing those poor innocent Wen people treated like that,killed with such joy that i'm glad that at least Wu Xian saved them...Sad that they made him look like the Devil in the current timeline,as his legacy, when as the Yiling Patriarch he was such an amazing man that that they feared him just because he was more powerful than them and didn't do their bindings and if left alone he wouldn't hurt them at all.It's clear that for the Wen Survivors he was their hero,their saviour and sad knowing their outcome for all of them,they truly didn't deserve what will happen...Might say as this drama is quite the character driven one i adore it and would have actually liked if they had like 60 eps in place of 50 to explore even more in the current timeline as well and unlike many i've seen i enjoy soo much the past and even wanetd to see more of how Wei Wu Xian paves his way as the Yiling Patriarch and not the lies they made his legacy...Don't know about the others but i'm enjoying sooo much Wei Wu Xian's interactions with Wen Qing,i like her sooo much,she and baby Wen Ning are sooo adorable...Speaking of Wen Ning,my heart broke so much for his fate,he trully didn't deserve to die like that so i'm happy to see him comeback even like this,even more when he kept his own self....Can i say that i find the Jin clan soooo annoying and arrogant! Also Meng Yao is such a wicked snake...

Quite curious for those who know he content,does Lan Zhan finds out that he doesn't have his Golden Core anymore or just in the present timeline he gets to know it was given to Jiang Cheng?

Also,do u guys know how he made the flute,first i considered that the Yi Tiger Seal remodeled into it but i see that he has it in that pouch(and how did the sword that he found inside the Tortoise of Carnage ended up appereang in Yiling that time?)Might have missed it but from were did he get the pouch with the Yin Tiger Seal he owns? I actually believed the sword he retrived back then was one of the Seal modeled as that...Also it looks like it is more powerful than those 3 pieces the Wen Clan owned as he can control them and unlike Wen i think the Yi Seal/sword actually choose/accepted Wei Wu Xian as his master/partner...

Does anyone could be kind to share exactly the content that was disscused in ep 26 in the Great Hall when he almost killed that annoying Jin Clan dude(sad he is till alive, he is sooooo annoying,i wanna get inside and kill him) I got the impression he asked to overlook Yiling or were the Wen people were kept or something?

LWJ know about golden core only in the present and actually quite towards the end.. JC also comes to know about the truth right there.. and then book has an additional detail about JC that JC never told anyone.. and it completely breaks your heart knowing how one's sacrifice became such a burden for all...

Flute is not really that special in the book.. he actually studies music and spells.. he can control dark energy through music..

significance of torotoise and burial ground is that he absorved a lot of raw power that allows him to be the grandmaster of demonic cultivation..

But what this author puts very b'fully in this story and to an extent its main message..

energy is energy..control it and use it.. even bad energy has and can have its uses..

what matters is the heart..an impure heart with no skills or positive/swordmanship skills can cause more havoc than WX's demonic cultivation

(and to me this means that by no definition love is uber powerful and fear is not.. jealousy, anger, envy, gluttony.. all emotions exist.. their existence should be respected and value their strengths to use it propoerly)

And when everything is revealed.. one realizes that the trigger moment that put everything in action was a thoughtless action from a fairly weak person.. and also.. then one who orchestrated present timeline mystery was also a weak person..

intent can do wonders!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

43 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

LWJ know about golden core only in the present and actually quite towards the end.. JC also comes to know about the truth right there.. and then book has an additional detail about JC that JC never told anyone.. and it completely breaks your heart knowing how one's sacrifice became such a burden for all...

Flute is not really that special in the book.. he actually studies music and spells.. he can control dark energy through music..

significance of torotoise and burial ground is that he absorved a lot of raw power that allows him to be the grandmaster of demonic cultivation..

But what this author puts very b'fully in this story and to an extent its main message..

energy is energy..control it and use it.. even bad energy has and can have its uses..

what matters is the heart..an impure heart with no skills or positive/swordmanship skills can cause more havoc than WX's demonic cultivation

(and to me this means that by no definition love is uber powerful and fear is not.. jealousy, anger, envy, gluttony.. all emotions exist.. their existence should be respected and value their strengths to use it propoerly)

And when everything is revealed.. one realizes that the trigger moment that put everything in action was a thoughtless action from a fairly weak person.. and also.. then one who orchestrated present timeline mystery was also a weak person..

intent can do wonders!

Thanks a lot for the time to clear some questions i had,appreciated very much!

I took it as Wei Ying had absorbed basically almost all the evil energy that resided on Yiling Burial Mounds making it now a normal place(as we see will become his home along with the Wen people)...Guess in those 3 months he invented those spells that will get his signature..I was curious if the dark energy as per se has a concience of inself (as it's clear they are many resentful spirits gatherd) or is just energy per se,i actually got the impression that he knew the way to control the spirits and make spells from it(guess i wanted to see how he came with the answer to contain and the talismans)...I know who it is behind the things in the present and it is hinted in the past as well i guess or so i deduced it based on actions...Quite curious about JC secret now that u mentioned it jjaja...Still think that if that day JC didn't return to his house and having Hand Melting Core destroy his Golden Core things would look different(or maybe not),yet again who knows if they would have destroyed the Wen sect without WWX....Also how did Wen Qing transfer WY Golden Core into JC,i actually believed he would need this one present as well but as we saw it was not the case(how did she do it at that distance)I was also curious for some time now but what is the deal with Xue Yang and Xiao Xing Chen?Seen also the clips from the MV's and see him staying with him when he is blind(i guess XXC doesn't know who he is),why is he sooo obsessed with him(even wanting to get rid of Song Lan) and how he knows so much about the metal(were to find the ones Wen Clan had etc. and what he does in the present with the Yin Tiger Seal)

My own opinion but consider hate more powerful than love but that is just mine...I quite like that Wei Wu Xian is sooo inovative,sooooo open for the time he lived in,were everyone was closed off inside their own box,rigid...Guess that's why he was sooo hated,because of how he behaved and that he was not like all of the clans stuck in that good/bad mentality...

I kinda feel sad that almost no one stoped to think(the ones close to him) why all of a sudden Wei Wu Xian stoped using the sword and just took it as him being swayed by the dark side...

6 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Lan Zhan knew WWX's golden core was damaged but he didn't know the specifics (prior to WWX's death). LWJ found the out about the entire truth at the same time as JC (after WWX's revival). 

The author didn't go into a lot details regarding the character's weapon. The seal was derived from the sword stabbed inside the  turtle, in the novel, it's assumed that WWX went back to the cave to retrieve the dark sword. However, in the drama WWX took the sword with him went he left the cave. As for the flute, I dont remember if it was an after word from the author or that one noticeable line the novel, WWX found a piece of wood in Yiling and made into a flute. 

There was no other seal in the novel. I think the drama added Wen's seal to bypass the censorship with zombies because the drama made it very clear the 'zombies' are living humans with a void conscious. 

EP 26. Briefly: 

Spoiler

Jin Zixun treated Wen Ning as a live bait to hunt the 'zombies' then WN's whereabouts became unknown . Wen Qing panicked and asked WWX to rescue/find him. So WWX crashed Jin party. Jin Zixun is a jerk who refused to answer WWX's question and the latter threatened the former for a reply. Hence the countdown scene with dark aura that circulated around the flute. After WWX went to the construction site (where Wen Ning is), Wen Ning was murdered by one of the Jin sect supervisors and WWX turned WN into his zombie. WWX rescued /took other Wen workers with him as he left and to he surprised Lan Wang Ji was waiting for him.  

The rain scene wasnt in the novel, but it was a beautiful addition.

tumblr_pusvqeaFaS1u1iqoao8_r1_250.giftumblr_put2klp5lF1u1iqoao3_250.jpgtumblr_put2klp5lF1u1iqoao2_250.jpgtumblr_pusvqeaFaS1u1iqoao7_r1_250.gif

cb3eaab18cf621cb60f265d96412744e0178e3fe

• Insightful 1

8 hours ago, shuwei said:

WHEEZE so “straight men watches CQL” has become kind of a meme on weibo and a translator made a thread on twitter and it’s so damn funny omg why does this drama have such good memes

OMG!!! This is priceless....How do they even think LWJ is a villain...especially the way he looks at WY all the time... hahahahahaha and they were clueless of LWJ's intention....and he is the straightest??? Hmmm...between WY and LWJ I don't think so lol oh I hope they have a follow up after the drama ended so we can see their reaction when all they predicted and perception is wrong lol I mean I completely get it if they think or predict there is something between WWX and Shijie/Wen Qing if they don't know the story but LWJ is just too obvious...His feeling, his eyes, and his wording...

I love the latest episode where LWJ said the famous line "I want to bring one person back to Cloud Recesses...bring his back...hide him there..." I seriously didn't expect him to finish the whole sentence because I feel it may reveal too much but they did and I love it so much. And all the concerns and worries he expressed whenever he looks and thinks about WY...Even his uncle and brother knows what he is feeling...one is trying to stop him and one is trying to help him...I love it in when that annoying Jin dude tried to force LWJ to drink and he was totally going to ignore him but WY drunk it for him and when the dude was saying WY was talking nonsense...LWJ who I believe never/rarely talk to these people, came over and defense WY "Is what he said not the truth?" Oh god, it is these minor details that make this such a great drama and loving both leads relationship :)

4 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

intent can do wonders!

100% agree. It is not the weapon that is powerful but the person weaving it...it is not the power that are evil, but the person's heart that is using it... WWX is a very unique and different type of hero who everyone perceived as evil, wrong, and outlier but he is actually a kind hearted person who follows his heart, his righteousness, and his belief. His method and action is out of the norm as the world foresee but at the end of the day, he is still that youth who wishes to punish the wrongdoer, protect the weak, and do right by his heart... He was that young man and his actions from beginning to end shows his character. And it was that pureness and that determination when he say his wishes to his lantern at his schooling days that I felt LWJ truly realized and admire the goodness in WWX. I am not sure in the novel but in the drama, I felt LWJ represents righteous and 'goodness' but compared to WWX, he is constrained by his upbringing and the 'rule' of the world but WWX can forego everything in order to do what he think is right. That's why to me WWX is a hero...flawed but a real hero...and it is no wonder LWJ is affected by him so much... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Dance Battle TENCENT BTS Link]

DANCE BATTLE RULES: Xiao Zhan has to remember and dance to Wang Yibo’s move then add his own

Xiao Zhan “who said I will lose in this dance battle?"

7818e099037a94c95e74abe59c876aae8bc10fa9"oh did I hear that right?

Lan Zhan goes first after letting Wei Ying lose in a game of  ROCK PAPER SCISSORS

4d1eaf180bfa7e5fef4d577cc24e4ab76fad8caf

3 seconds later

“I lost”

1db1fb7e3c74e648f4edd41bd911fdb641a23b85

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Thanks a lot for the time to clear some questions i had,appreciated very much!

I took it as Wei Ying had absorbed basically almost all the evil energy that resided on Yiling Burial Mounds making it now a normal place(as we see will become his home along with the Wen people)...Guess in those 3 months he invented those spells that will get his signature..I was curious if the dark energy as per se has a concience of inself (as it's clear they are many resentful spirits gatherd) or is just energy per se,i actually got the impression that he knew the way to control the spirits and make spells from it(guess i wanted to see how he came with the answer to contain and the talismans)...I know who it is behind the things in the present and it is hinted in the past as well i guess or so i deduced it based on actions...Quite curious about JC secret now that u mentioned it jjaja...Still think that if that day JC didn't return to his house and having Hand Melting Core destroy his Golden Core things would look different(or maybe not),yet again who knows if they would have destroyed the Wen sect without WWX....Also how did Wen Qing transfer WY Golden Core into JC,i actually believed he would need this one present as well but as we saw it was not the case(how did she do it at that distance)I was also curious for some time now but what is the deal with Xue Yang and Xiao Xing Chen?Seen also the clips from the MV's and see him staying with him when he is blind(i guess XXC doesn't know who he is),why is he sooo obsessed with him(even wanting to get rid of Song Lan) and how he knows so much about the metal(were to find the ones Wen Clan had etc. and what he does in the present with the Yin Tiger Seal)

My own opinion but consider hate more powerful than love but that is just mine...I quite like that Wei Wu Xian is sooo inovative,sooooo open for the time he lived in,were everyone was closed off inside their own box,rigid...Guess that's why he was sooo hated,because of how he behaved and that he was not like all of the clans stuck in that good/bad mentality...

I kinda feel sad that almost no one stoped to think(the ones close to him) why all of a sudden Wei Wu Xian stoped using the sword and just took it as him being swayed by the dark side...

so in the book when he jokes that he found a cave and read scriptures.. my personal belief is he told the truth.. but truth is so absurd that no one will believe it

On villains :) this story has 4 or 5 villains acting at different times..

or shall i say people doing things which no one knows about.. for the main villain, i honestly get repulsed by the kind of torturous background story he has.. and there is something insanely sad about him which surpasses WX miseries too 

34 minutes ago, BreezeC said:

WWX is a very unique and different type of hero who everyone perceived as evil, wrong, and outlier but he is actually a kind hearted person who follows his heart, his righteousness, and his belief. His method and action is out of the norm as the world foresee but at the end of the day, he is still that youth who wishes to punish the wrongdoer, protect the weak, and do right by his heart... He was that young man and his actions from beginning to end shows his character. And it was that pureness and that determination when he say his wishes to his lantern at his schooling days that I felt LWJ truly realized and admire the goodness in WWX. I am not sure in the novel but in the drama, I felt LWJ represents righteous and 'goodness' but compared to WWX, he is constrained by his upbringing and the 'rule' of the world but WWX can forego everything in order to do what he think is right. That's why to me WWX is a hero...flawed but a real hero...and it is no wonder LWJ is affected by him so much... 

yes...more or less..

thing with the two of them is that their belief system is the same, while approach may differ..

For LWJ, it is love at first sight because it was also at the first sight that he for the first time in his life marked someone as an equal.. infact better..and same goes for WXX.. he didn't fell in love but he is unconsciously attracted to "pretty".. so i think he also got his seeds of crush sowed into the heart at first sight itself.. and WXX knows how good he is.. so he was also surprised to meet someone who he could mark as an equal.. that was the big thing for those two -> finding an equal capability person who could break their monotonous supremacy over other peer

WWX has hero syndrome :) .. if things were normal, he'd be flaunting his skills, enjoying life, fighting for weak.. and live a carefree life while he would be respected just because of how unbeatable his skills were.. he is his mother..who was a rogue cultivator

LWJ represents a constrained life Vs carefree life of WWX.. and LWJ is his father.. the line "I want to hide him" has a special meaning... and that is why it has a romantic connotation.. otherwise if you don't know of that detail, then it could be just a regular line from someone who wants to protect a loved one

And there are pros and cons for both personalities

- you need a healthy balance of carefree attitude and respect for rules

- patience / silence Vs constant chattering :P

I think they are just designed to be perfect pieces of soulmates puzzle.. everything about them fits..

like WWX tells LWJ, the reason he can drink so much without getting a high is because LWJ can drink so little :P

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

a funny thing is lined up

in an interview he said Fairy is on its way ( fairy is jin li's dog -> the boy who had his arguments with WXX in ep 1/2 .. who is son of his sister)

So, in the drama.. and novel.. we know WXX is dead scared of dogs.. 

and XZ said what they have is a very cute puppy.. so this is going to be funny when we see WXX running to LWJ to save him , everytime a cute fluffy small puppy appears

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Such a beautiful drama and plot! No idea how they found such an amazing cast of eye-candy after eye-candy. 

I really like the super subtle line where LZ said 'only parents or spouse can touch the forehead band' and WXX so far already touched it twice. The layered dialogue where LZ implied that 'dont be so nice to people if you don't intend for them to get the 'wrong' idea' and it was suposedly about mianmian. 

Episode 13 really floored me. I'm stunned by the dialogue, the plot and the acting. 

Definitely need to read the canon text in the meanwhile. 

• Thanks 1