[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

The teaser1 is out.  The official title is ‘The Last Empress’ and 48 episodes ( probably 30min with each ep so equivalent to 24 EPs)
SBS  https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress

** JNR fan IG posted the teaser with subs.  
((*Few minor changes))
(LH) The emperor is the absolute representative of the nation and its people
(LWS's bro?)The emperor of Korean Empire killed our mother.
(Sunny) Your majesty and I do not fit/match for each other.
(LWS) It isn’t going to end just killing a rat.  
(LWS) I will put my life and completely destroy the imperial family

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/clip/56854/22000303077

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Hello everyone! The teaser feels like the drama Return. You can't argue both dramas have the same PD. And with Shin Sung Rok and a dead woman, it's like deja vu of Return LOL But I'm really excited with this one. :D The drama is mysterious in itself.

As I didn’t know about the drama ‘Return’, I glanced through it in wiki.  Humm  SSR was in the drama as a villain and now he is going to play another villain in TLE.  I read the writer is called  the queen of makjang.:lol:    Maybe ‘The Last Empress’ is something like step-sibling of Return by  makjang writer with thriller PD & villain SSR   :lol:   

PS SSR(Lee Hyuk) part in making
I’m SSR. I will play Lee Hyuk in TLE

Should I tell you why I did this crazy marriage?    It’s because I didn’t want any interference from mother.
I used OSunny as a shield in order to be stronger,     I didn’t want to be pushed around by mother!
I want to be a real emperor!

[Outstanding Brain,  with devilish charm, absolute power of Empire of Korea]

Wl58ABN.jpg

cr to DC

the teaser seems to be deviating into a whole new direction (complete opposite) from what i thought and imagine this drama would be

then again since it is nara's drama and i tend to go for that romantic comedy route when it comes to her and kinda disregard the real genre of this one

hahaha

from what the teaser has given (miniscule at its best) it seems that the emperor is not at all smitten with our oh sunny as i thought he would be :(

instead he is just using her? of some sort

hmm...

i was hoping for some kind of crazy attraction that compels the emperor to marry her

though the whole idea of him falling for her is still might happen yet

(keeping my fingers crossed)

so dramabeans said this one would be aired in nov instead of what i thought initially in dec?

do we have the exact date actually?

btw i watched 'return' for about two eps and then drop it

and even that i have totally forgotten about that drama altogether

hmmm...

but i think i can take makjang as long as my favs are in there

and since this one has lots of my favs

i will try my best to persevere to the end

hahaha

@booha yes you are right. The write is queen of makjang and her work have been consistently top rating dramas. Unfortunately, I really wasn’t able to finish any of her previous dramas LOL:sweatingbullets:

I enjoyed ‘Return’ because it is something new to me for kdramas. Usually bloody thrillers only exist in cable dramas but sbs showed it and it is one of their top-rating dramas this year. The controversy is still there and I see some netizens getting worried that one of the actors might drop in the middle of the production(like what happened in Return) but I think having a writer like Kim soon ok, I don’t think she will let her drama deviate from what she wanted to see. Makjang + thriller, I really wanted to see this drama.

@chubby^green^ it’s premiere is on Nov 21, wed-thurs. we don’t have to wait that long :D

@gm4queen I’m pretty sure Shin Sung Rok is the villain because he always is LOL but our makjang writer makes her villains shine on her dramas. Which is why Lee Yoo Ri even won her daesang for jang bori is here.

I’m also a fan of Nara and I think she always wanted to try other genres and deviate from rom-coms. I’m excited for her! She made me watch ‘The Guest’ because of her IG post and I’m loving it now LOL

@nakatsubebe 

Yeah playing a good villain isn’t easy.   An actor has to have great acting skill to pull off such a character.   I think  getting a good and interesting  and challenging part/character is what any true actor wants.
 Currently SSR has two dramas (TLE and vagabond, preproduced)  It must be hectic for him to juggle both.   

**Translated parts (with edit) from the article which describe LH’s character. It looks like this secret club is a gambling place? 
Capture emperor’s 180 degree different 'double life'... curiosity amplified

N1r38d7.jpg

Shin Sung-rok is attracting attention with his mask and his drinking in a secret club for VIP’s. Emperor Lee Yi-hyuk, wearing a mask, is enjoying the game with a strange smile under the dazzling lights. What is the story behind his visit to a secret club?

The production team said, "The scene in the secret club is a special scene where you can see a completely different image of the emperor Lee Hyuk in ‘The Last Empress’.  "Before  Sung Suk-rok showed a majestic appearance as the Emperor of Korea.  I hope you can look forward to seeing how SSR will unfold the image of the emperor LH. "

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=469&aid=0000338419

^

ah why cant we have devilishly evil slightly crooked emperor as our hero? 

this would be in my mind whenever i see ssr as the emperor

then when i saw cjh, i was like;

yes this is the kind of hero we need, knight in shining armor with some scar from the past, perfect for our lovely empress

the conflicted feeling sighs

hahaha

4 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

@chubby^green^ it’s premiere is on Nov 21, wed-thurs. we don’t have to wait that long :D

yay

the sooner the better

and someone mention earlier that this drama would be 24 ep or using the system they have now which would be 48 eps, two eps for everyday

(honestly it shouldnt bother me much since we get the same content just packaged slightly differently, i still find it annoying to have two shorter eps every day instead of one long ep like the old day - damn i feel old)

sorry about the whining bit

anyway i am happy that the drama would be longer than the usual 16 eps that we get these days

so so happy

right now i'm waiting for the posters because i am hoping for it to be amazing

most probably combination of old regal and elegant style and also those modern, real life and simple ones

praying to the poster god for amazing posters...

:blush:

21 hours ago, chubby^green^ said:

right now i'm waiting for the posters because i am hoping for it to be amazing

most probably combination of old regal and elegant style and also those modern, real life and simple ones

praying to the poster god for amazing posters...

Your words are highly effecting me..!!. Enthusiastic :wub:

With Jang Na Ra's milky skin, the posters would have a magical vibe..!!! :o Yes... Now, I am also in for the posters b'cause they are the key to the journey...!!!

@nara0603 Thanks for YT :)

((translation))

Jangnara X Choi Jin-hyeok X Shin Sung-rok, 'The Last Empress' script reading

(017)'Return'  PD Joo Dong-min & 'Sister is Alive'  writer Kim Soon-ok
(018)The best genre  passionate romance thriller  ‘The Last Empress’  

(022) [ JNR as Oh Sunny] “Hello I’m JNR  I’m going to play Oh Sunny in TLE.”
(029) Oh Sunny’s enthusiastic fan, for emperor!!
(034) Enthusiastic fan for emperor Lee Hyuk  National Cinderella  Musical actress Oh Sunny

Spoiler

(037) [SSR as Lee Hyuk]  “I’m SSR. I will play Lee Hyuk in TLE.”
(042) Should I tell you why I did this crazy marriage?    
(046) It’s because I didn’t want any interference from mother.
(048) I used Oh Sunny as a shield in order to be stronger,    
(050)  I didn’t want to be pushed around by mother!
(051) I want to be a real emperor!
(053) Outstanding Brain,  with devilish charm,  the absolute power of the Empire of Korea, emperor Lee Hyuk

(057) [CJH as Chon Woo-bin] “Hello Nice to see you I’m CJH. This time I’m going to play Chun Woo-bin.”
(104) I will put my life on the line and wipe them out.    
(109) I’m gonna reveal all those things they’ve done,
(111)+(116)  and I’m gonna finish them off with wretched humiliation which is a hundred times, a thousand times  more miserable than now.
(119)  Starting a new life with revenge  Natural born winner   Hoodlum punk  Imperial guard  Na Wang Sik

(123) [Watch point 1]  Unpredictable Oh Sunny’s  3 shade charms
(128)+(145)+(154) Angry sunny   Foul-mouthed sunny   Cute sunny
(159) I’m a bundle of charm   (shy)

(202) [Watch point 2]  SSR/CJH’s  battle to draw the viewer's attention
(207)+(208)+((209) #one with an eagle eye # a master shooter of woman’s heart #infinite repetition angle
(202)(212) SSR “I came here because I wanted to date Soon Ok ssi.  When Soon-ok ssi is gone, I can’t stop thinking Soon-okssi, I miss Soon-okssi, I miss Soon-okssi…”
((**seem likely; In a humorous way  SSR shows his admiration for the writer?   I think he says (the writer Kim) Soon-ok-ssi. The clip repeats his line))

(215)+ (217)+(220) Powerful   Honey voice   To show you the tsundere( cold outside and warm inside personality)
(228) Adding of over-flowing human touch ((*talking in a regional dialect, saturi))

(232) [Watch point 3] Brand-name supporting actors
(236) The only ally to Sunny, a grand empress dowager Park Won-sook
(241) The controller of the emperor Eun-Kyung Shin
(245) Immature child princess of empire of Korea, Lee Hui Jin

(249) Successful TLE script reading

(252) JNR “Please have a lot of interest in TLE  Hope that many of you will watch it.”
(256) SSR “I read the script. I really enjoyed it.  Please show a lot of interest and a lot of cheer”
(309) CJH “Glad to meet you  I’ll be grateful with a lot of love and a lot of interest for TLE from you.
Thank you”

PS

(228) Saturi is the Korean word for regional dialect. Not everyone speaks Korean the same way. That is, depending on which region of Korea you live in, you will speak very differently from someone who lives in a different region. Seoul people speak one way, Busan people another.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST - Premieres on November 21st

Hello friends... :)

Shin Sung-rok is more handsome than I thought.. :wub: It's been years since I'm seeing him again...!! But since he's the villain here, I am gonna keep my mouth shut :D And what to say about Jang Na Ra's eternal beauty..??!! :wub: Her acting is versatile..!! she never depressed me with her acting..! So I think she'll catch up my heart here in this one also..!! :wub:

Keep updating friends...!! Hoping for more trailers & posters to release...!!

I've been out of the K-drama loop and only managed to watch 100 Days My Prince (sweet and I like that it was short and to the point!) recently to get back into K-drama and then BAM - there's so many new shows starting this November and December! I don't think I have time to watch more than one although this drama is at the very top of my list. I'm curious to see how Encounter does since I'm a fan of BoGummy (although not sold with his paring w/ SHK). 

Archived