[Drama 2023] Arthdal Chronicles 2, 아스달 연대기 2

marykarmelina

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

are they going to do another ending another season ????????????? I cannot believe that this is it!!!! no way the story is great it only makes sense if they make another season otherwise this ending SUCKS 

wuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:bawling:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miky88 said:

Could u post the link,or post made?

so is it legit that they will do a SEASON 2 in 2020? (if so,please let it be true,with the same cast otherwise it will be just as worse as this open unfinised ending they tossed at us)

you are 100% sure? just not raising my hopes right?????????? I hope so I truly hope so there are so many things left 

tanya and eunseom together

saya dying

tagon and taelha killing each other

Karomun the horse

the neanthals helping ES

Nunbyoel getting her revenge being as a full neanthal

the wahan fat warrior getting killed or something

moubaek being a leader

the older brother of Tagon back 

so much just so much if they don't do another season I would be so disheartened 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Claudia Ximena said:

you are 100% sure? just not raising my hopes right?????????? I hope so I truly hope so there are so many things left 

tanya and eunseom together

saya dying

tagon and taelha killing each other

Karomun the horse

the neanthals helping ES

Nunbyoel getting her revenge being as a full neanthal

the wahan fat warrior getting killed or something

moubaek being a leader

the older brother of Tagon back 

so much just so much if they don't do another season I would be so disheartened 

In the teaser, Eunseom seems to be the one who lies on the bed instead of Saya, so something definitely has happened to Saya. Feeling they are going to pull "Because we are identical to each other, If I die, you can live in Arthdal using my identity" :lol:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

If the 3 seasons was true, I wonder why they didn't just report this from the start?? Instead they kept talking about the 3 Parts. Not sure what they were aiming for - if they did sign 3 seasons, performance wouldn't matter so there isn't much of "let's see how ratings go before we decide". I think it was a small misfire when they released character info to say that EunSeom will take over Arthdal, because we never got to see it this season, thus the small rage (if the seasons rumour is not true). 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Claudia Ximena said:

I don't know,i asked the same question because someone above posted this possible information...

If they don't renew and continue it is a major joke to the fans who dedicated all this time because it is un UNFINISHED story!!!

They should just made a normal drama with a lenght coverying the whole story they wanted in one go,with maybe 32 episodes and without netflix butchering it with so said "seasons" or any other rules imposed that we might not know...Like mentioned,they didn't concluded anything,the whole story made till now waits for the climax and the CLOSING of it,the prophecy of our three chosen ones,Eunseom becoming the Emperor of all the Land with Tanya at his side,Konmaru by his side,the twins meeting and finding out their background and how they lost their parents,the Neanthals,the Gods and the curses,Tagon's brother if he truly died,a free nation, people knowing Eunseom is the true Aramun Hessula,the mistery of Remus,Yangcha backstory(and maybe siding with Tanya) and so on...

I will truly loose my respect for TvN if they don't continue it even in 2020 because this isin't the way to treat a story nor it's fans, the writers or the cast that put their hearts into this product...

• Like 7

This is why this wasn't supposed to be just 18 eps. They should have just stretched it to 32 or 50 plus episodes because the story is still not yet finished, it was just literally an introduction, a prelude. Maybe it's about time we petition for this drama.. lol.. this has so much potential and if this is really THE END, this is really such a big disappointment. The cast are amazing and so is the story, they should at least give it justice that it deserves. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, tarjig said:

And when the Wahans were huddled together, why was Taelha there? I have so many questions.  

So bring on Season 2 next year.  I really want closure!

Taelha was having her own private meeting,she wasn't with Saya...She was meeting with her own supporters,mostly her former tribe members...

• Like 5

Well, I am not disappointed by the ending, even if it looks right now like an open ending. We saw how Tagon and Eunseom could rise and now they are about to fight against each other. We know for sure that Eunseom will win because every prophecy has come true. Tagon will lose in the end, Arthdal has already been cursed by Tanya and Tagon is not aware of it. 

At the end, the viewer realizes that the union between Taealha, Tagon and Saya has been broken. Saya knows now about the existence of a twin brother... he is aware that Tagon is hiding something from him. Tagon plans to use Taealha's child to have his real heir... In other words, Tagon will never proclaim Saya his heir. Finally, Tagon and Taealha have already planned to betray each other, just like they promised each other in the past.  

• Like 5

An exciting episode.

I like the way Yangcha looks at Tanya.

When Tanya took off the robe, it seemed to me, that 

Yangcha had sighed...:D

Poor Saya...nothing goes the way he planned.

Im not sure if he thinks Tanya is wearing his necklace.

It was a cruel and clever way to get Mubaek to tell him the truth.

The whole scene, when Mubaek and Saya  went in front of the procession, was so well done.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

If they can’t make another season with the same cast, hope they can at least do manhwa/anime of it. But from the interview, seems like there will be another season. This is just an introduction. Wish they make this a 50+ episodes drama like other historical drama but I can understand why they want to break this into seasons. *costs*

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, I am not disappointed by the ending, even if it looks right now like an open ending. We saw how Tagon and Eunseom could rise and now they are about to fight against each other. We know for sure that Eunseom will win because every prophecy has come true. Tagon will lose in the end, Arthdal has already been cursed by Tanya and Tagon is not aware of it. 

At the end, the viewer realizes that the union between Taealha, Tagon and Saya has been broken. Saya knows now about the existence of a twin brother... he is aware that Tagon is hiding something from him. Tagon plans to use Taealha's child to have his real heir... In other words, Tagon will never proclaim Saya his heir. Finally, Tagon and Taealha have already planned to betray each other, just like they promised each other in the past.  

the broken union between these three is cause by their doubt and wariness of each other. Isn’t this the same with Asa Ron, Mihol, Tagon, and his father? Everything will repeats. Those who are power hungry will never truly satisfy until the end of their life. 

Some might be disappoint by the ending but I love it. It shows the rise of both Tagon & Eunseom and sign of a war and the end (the real fun part).

Edit: I just rewatch the ending and it seems like Saya is leading the Saenyeok(? I don’t remember what they are called or spell) soldier. Does that mean Mirror, Saya, is the opposite of ES? He will go against the Sword instead of fighting with? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Could u post the link,or post made?

so is it legit that they will do a SEASON 2 in 2020? (if so,please let it be true,with the same cast otherwise it will be just as worse as this open unfinised ending they tossed at us)

I don’t know how to post an IG screen shot. Try to search in iG.

It is official. Studio dragon which is producing Arthdal Chronicleson tvN already signed a 3 season contract deal with Netflix. That means we will have total 54 episodes (18 episodes x 3 seasons = 54 episodes). 

source Korean news article

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Here is cast bidding goodbye to the drama. By the way they formulate their words it sound like it is really an end for the  drama. I mean if there really are more season in the work would they not tease it? just wonder. 

Arthdal Chronicles” Cast Thanks Viewers In Final Goodbyes As Drama Comes To An End

Sep 22, 2019
by L. Kim

The cast of “Arthdal Chronicles” shared their thoughts as the drama came to an end.

“Arthdal Chronicles” tells the story of heroes who write their own legends in the mythical land of Arth. The drama was composed of three parts, each of which contained six episodes. “Part 1: Children of Prophecy” and “Part 2: Turning Sky, Rising Ground” aired earlier this summer, and the final episode of “Part 3: Arth, The Prelude to All Legends” aired on September 22.

Jang Dong Gun, who showed off his excellent acting skills by portraying the charismatic Ta Gon, shared, “The character Ta Gon was very different from the roles I’ve taken so far, so there were many difficulties, but I did my best to work hard. It’s hard to believe that ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ is over. It was an honor to participate in a great work with good people, and I had a great time.”

For Song Joong Ki, who played both Saya and Eun Seom, it was his first time playing a double role in a drama. He commented, “Although there were some difficulties in playing a double role for the first time, it was fun. I was greedier than ever because the vast and deep story was so fascinating.” He then sincerely thanked the director, writers, and production crew for their hard work and also expressed his gratefulness to the viewers for watching the drama.

Kim Ji Won, who played Tanya, a shaman of the Wahan Tribe and a true descendant of the gods of Arth, said, “It feels surreal [that the drama has come to an end] when I remember the many hours that we spent filming with ups and downs for more than eight months. It was a great honor to work with great actors, writers, and director. Just as characters change as they learn over time, ‘Arthdal Chronicles’ was a drama that gave me new experiences and lessons. I want to thank the viewers for waiting so long and for being with us.”

Kim Ok Bin took on the role of Ta Gon’s lover Taealha. She shared, “I was very attached to all of the staff, including the director, writers, and actors. We worked hard together, so it feels both sad and bittersweet that I won’t be able to see them anymore. I really want to say thank you to the viewers for their support and love over a long period of time.”

jang-dong-geun-song-joong-ki-kim-ji-won-

The production crew also thanked the cast, crew, and viewers and asked the viewers to watch the the drama until the end.

• Like 3

I hope the cast will remain in SS2 and SS3. This is one of the best Kdramas I have watched. I can't wait to see the three reunite, ES reunites Momo tribe, ES reunites Kamorou, and the Neanthals reunites. I don't know if it is necessary but I want ES and Saya should learn how their parents were killed by Tagon. There are still many things needed to be resolved. Can't wait.

Out of nowhere, but I was watching VAGABOND and saw Ragazeu. so check it out guys

• Like 7

Season 2 SPOILER .....

The Xabara of Momo tribe is surprised to find a man and his shield on a beach

here will be a war between Arthdal kingdom and Ago tribal union. Eunsome and Saya come across each other in the battlefield.

That shield has the same finger shape pattern as the mysterious invaders who destroyed Lemus, the Taealha tribe’s homeland.

Tanya is caring of wounded Saya. When he comes to consciousness, Tanya is surprised to find that he is not Saya but Eunseom.

Tanya is caring of wounded Saya. When he comes to consciousness, Tanya is surprised to find that he is not Saya but Eunseom.

Tanya is hurriedly going to somewhere, riding a black horse which looks like Kanmoru.

The legend of Arth will be continued. 

p.s. OK. This pictures came from the ending of Arthdal Chronicles episode 18. (tvN)  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

Was Yangcha in the episode? Did he die? 

Ehehehe, Just one look and the ship has sailed, i've seen a lot of people question the wellbeing of Yangcha on social media too, it seems like people are really fond of Yangya couple

• Like 4

Seeing the recent events i could say that more than sure that now Saya will eventually be discarded by Tagon after knowing he will have a child of his own bloodline...No wonder he was also sent to the battlefield when he doesn't have any battle experience nor strenght,like Sanung did to him ironically,now would he take the same route as him that would have been intresting to see(even if more hard as the men are loyal to Tagon)....It could be very well the motivation for somehow turning against him and joining Eunseom and Tanya if he doesn't end up being killed in the war...(i'm also quite sure he and Eunseom would be switched but don't know if he would pretend to be him or reveal his identity if in hands of Ago Tribe or Momo Tribe etc),Quite sure that Tanya's father will discover the secret of using iron and using it and from the last episodes i quite dare to think Yangcha would realize all the things he did wrong and learn from Tanya and side with her and even at least preferred option die protecting her,betraying Tagon...I mean,if that wasn't the hint why bother now with their intresting dynamics...For me that would have been quite the character growth and intresting, this out of nowhere bound formed among this set of characters,also find it quite alluring their unique way of communicating also i really see it as them having a special kind of relationship as they show us that she can hear only his inner voice(or better said,more frequent or even all the time unlike with Saya that is still rare),can't be just random plot line...

Now, this just are my own speculations and i don't dare to dream of a an actual SECOND SEASON without seeing it confirmed with big letters of official sites(would it even still be on tvN?people say it was a confirmed info by Netflix and Dragon Studios but that it even mean it would air on the same network ,was like a 3 party contract,will be the same cast)

Did anyone watch the LIVE stream on tvN? Did they see the animation included on tvN?

I truly want to believe in this miracle and that they won't dissapoint us but we know that dramaland hardly have multi seasons with the same cast and they usually depend on their ratings(or what they expect to get of it and if less they discard it) and actors...we know how hard it is to make a main cast match their scheldules to get together for months and here we have, i say a large cast,not just main but many and i doubt the korean scene and companies are used to the way of the west (how USA does their season shows etc) making their actors scheldules around this projects and all of them can film without problems... I guessed my heart is by after 10 years of dramaland jaded by so may hopes that were usually almost always smashed by dissapointment when it came to this time of continuations that never seen the light of day(at least those shows had the dignity to have at least proper endings even when some were bad or not what u expected)...

• Like 5