[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

4 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

Does anyone still think the wedding might not be a wedding but really a vow renewal for the little kid's parents? 

I've always thought it to be a vow renewal for those two, given how dressed up they and the boy were in the spoilers. But now I'm thinking maybe they decided to piggyback on Kangsoon and Madol's ceremony? Or the villagers forced Kangsoon and Madol to snap a photo together during the vow renewal? I can imagine them saying it's for practise. Idk. I still think the vow renewal is happening but it might not be the only ceremony happening that day. 

Anyway from KJS stylist ig, this seems like the place Yoobaek was at during the last scene in the preview?  

I think he meets Kangsoon here (and he'd better!), but they're not on the island are they? I wonder if they'll incorporate this scene to look like they're on the island, or if presumably Kangsoon is meeting Yoobaek somewhere else. Just please. Let them love again. 

Just wanted to add that the actors are killing it in their roles. Also loving how they seem to be having fun filming despite the gruelling schedule. I just wish the drama had better ratings :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's MD & KS's wedding we see in the preview. Maybe it's their engagement ceremony / party?

KS what are you thinking? It's your life. You should make your own decision. Start thinking about your own happiness. 

And MD is so stubborn. He knows she doesnt love him. How can he marry someone he knows doesnt love him? 

I feel disappointed with grandma too. She and other villagers didnt even ask KS if she has accepted MD's proposal. They just made an assumption that she has.

I think the smartest one here is that little boy DongMan. He's the youngest yet so wise. He knows KS and YB like each other. He sees what others don't see

I honestly don't feel like watching ep.8 now... maybe I should just wait till ep.9 comes out and watch them back to back...

And is anyone here ever on team MD? I pity him, but I'm never ever on team MD... I am team Top Star all the way!! :D

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

She should be the one to stop this no one else its ridiculous.

I will be disappointed if she is not the one.

Okay , you are right . The onus is on her . 

@ktcjdrama Though I’m not on team MD, I feel a little sorry . But this is the fate of all second leads :P

I didn’t mind MD when I thought that would be 3 or 4 episode thing , get resolved and the guys would have have a fun bromance. But it’s gone on too long and he is being very selfish and obstinate  and tiresome right now.

Guys, my Heart is broken into tiny little pieces and I think I have no more tears left. I just finished watching Ep 8 with subs, and I will do the full translation a little later. But for now...

I feel bad for KS. She saw how happy her Grandma was at the celebration feast, and Grandma herself said that she had always wanted MD as her grandson-in-Law. Near the end of the ep when KS met MD’s dad, he gave her a savings book, telling her that he had been saving up money for her, and how he had made a pact with KS’s dad before KS was born. If KS is a girl, then their children will get married. He added how KS’s parents would be very happy in heaven now. 

But my broken heart is for YB. Before he went up the roof to retrieve the ring, he told KS that he is willing to do anything she wants him to. He can give up everything in Seoul, and move to the island and fish and catch abalone for a living. He told KS that he wants to marry her. And when KS was nursing him in the secret hideout, he told her that since he was born, he had always followed the wishes of other people and did what they wanted him to do. Then after he met her, he finally learnt to follow his heart and do what he wanted to do for a change. He asked KS if she could follow her own heart too. But KS replied that she can’t let down other people’s wishes, and told him to recover quickly and leave.

Gosh. What a heart of steel this girl has. KS, if you don’t want YB, he’s mine!!!

Anyway, at the end of the preview, after YB turned his car around, I see him running on the path with short plants by the side, but in the background were lots of tall buildings. Can I hope that he is in Seoul, and that KS has finally made up her mind and gone to find him?

56 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

Gosh. What a heart of steel this girl has. KS, if you don’t want YB, he’s mine!!!

My thoughts exactly. If she doesn’t like him is fine but here look at him.  ...he’s practically begging her . I cried just watching it raw . Also because this is an 11 eps drama ..3 episodes dedicated to angst is way too much ...

@joonminfan YB really said all those things? He'd give up everything to be with her and he wants to marry her? :bawling: Yeah, I am pretty sure every girl watching this show wants to marry YB now. The scene with the ring was the most emotional and saddest scene for me, even without understanding the dialogue. With the dialogue, it's 10x more heartbreaking. 

Please let it be true that KS will go to Seoul and piece back together YB's heart. 

Straight up, this week is going to suck with waiting for Friday to come around again. 

@triplem @turtlegirl I watched some clips raw and man, those emotions I was feeling from YB! I cried. Then I watched the ep with subs, and I cried even more. Yeah he was really begging her, at her house and at her hideout, but she just told him to get well quickly and leave! KS ah, if he really means nothing to you then please let him go and go to MD happily. Don’t make everyone miserable. I think YB has already made his intentions and wishes and love SUPER clear. Now, girl, it’s your turn to be brave. Please.

Man I am not sure he recovers from so many heart crushings these are pretty brutal too.

How many times can you put your heart out thee before you just give up?

I mean I know he wont at all but its time she put in some major effort after all of this nonsense.

Why is our feel good drama becoming a feel sad drama??? :bawling:

I seriously will wait till next week before watching ep.8... just can't stand watching YB in misery... I think I'll cry too much... My heart breaks just reading the comments here...

@autumnflowers And Sang Yeob’s last shoot tomorrow.So I think the final episodes are dedicated to the OTP . Lol! Trying to be hopeful 

Speculations based on all the spoilers given by JSM , she will go to Seoul, but YB and her will hv to come back to the island to sort things out 

Ep 8

Young MD and Young KS are eating, and MD glances up to see his 4 best friends grinning at him at the door of the eatery. He pretends to stretch, and discreetly gives them the OK sign.

KS: Oppa

MD: Yes

KS: Didn’t you say you had something to tell me? What is it?

MD: What? Oh, that is… (puts down chopsticks) KS ah, honestly, towards you, Oppa… (interrupted when 3 men in sea captain uniforms walk into the eatery)

KS (staring at the men): I’m falling in love…

MD: What?

KS: Those Oppa in uniform are so good-looking.

MD: What? (turns to look at men)

KS: Oppa, I’ve decided, I don’t want to marry CYR Oppa anymore. I want to marry a sea captain who wears a uniform like this.

MD: What? Sea captain?

MD pushes his friends, who are holding flowers and gifts, away from the eatery.

MD: Let’s go! Today’s confession is cancelled, cancelled.

All: What? What nonsense are you saying?

Friend: I think you’re feeling too nervous. Oh my, since you’re a man, you should be more proactive.

MD: It’s not what you all think. I just want to confess at a later time. Wait till I get into the Maritime University and become a sea captain.

Friends: What? Sea captain?

MD: Yeah. KS says that a sea captain in uniform is very cool. I’m going to be a sea captain and wear that uniform.

Friend: Gosh are you crazy? Didn’t we all agree before that we will all join the Air Force, and be the “Five Flying Eagles” that rule the Air Force?

MD: What’s the big deal about the “Five Flying Eagles”? Our KS says that a sea captain is better-looking.

Friends: What? / My goodness.

MD: So, all of you should go home first today. I have made up my mind. Once I become a sea captain, I will confess coolly.

MD makes his way home in his sea captain uniform.

KS: oh my, stop! Oppa, it’s really rude to treat my match-making partner like that. I’m going back.

MD: You can’t! KS ah, it’s… it’s… it’s you.

KS: What did you say?

MD (takes out the ring, goes down on one knee and holds the ring out to KS) It’s you.

KS is shocked, then starts laughing.

KS: Oppa, look at yourself now.

MD: Oh my oh my. Gosh, what was I doing?

KS: Oh gosh, this is too funny! Oh my, I laughed until I’m about to cry.

MD: KS ah, Oppa’s dream is to let you laugh happily, and create a lifetime of happy memories for our KS. Making you happy, is my dream. It looks like, all of my happy memories have you in them. (gives the ring to KS) To Oppa, you were my past, you are my present, and you are my dream. I don’t want to miss the chance to be by your side in the future. Can’t I do that?

KS (at a loss of words for a moment): Oppa, this is too sudden. I don’t know what to say. Well, that…

MD: Isn’t it? I understand that you are confused and at a loss, I felt like that too when I realised my own feelings. But, KS ah, let’s just think about it this way. Didn’t I always help you to measure your height? As you grow taller, my feelings for you also grew. Think about it properly. I will wait for you. Anyway, I’m too embarrassed today. I’m leaving first. (walks away)

KS: Well, that… (looks at MD walking away)

MD’s legs suddenly almost give way. He makes himself stand up straight.

MD: I was too nervous.

MD runs to the beach and stumbles and falls. He lies on the beach.

MD: I’m crazy! I waited so long just to confess dressed like this? I’m an idiot! I should have gotten them to perform the air show in the sky. Where is the planned air show?

KS house. YB and DM are eating corn.

MD mum: Oh my! (runs up to Grandma) Seems like MD ruined KS’s match-making, and confessed to her directly! (YB almost drops his corn upon hearing that)

Grandma: What did you say? MD confessed to KS?

DC dad: Good news! Good news!

DC mum: Thanks to KS and MD, we can eat celebratory noodles!

Grandma: Really?

DC dad: How should I put this? Previously, KS was the one who ruined MD’s match-making, and today it was MD’s turn to ruin KS’s match-making. What does this mean? It means that the two of them have a very close relationship. And today, MD just confessed directly. It’s all connected now. Connected!

MD dad: Mother, what do you think of our MD becoming your grandson-in-law?

Grandma: That would be wonderful! Actually I was embarrassed and hesitant to bring it up.

MD dad: Gosh, you should have said it earlier. I was afraid that Mother would object, and have been feeling worried.

DC dad: Good news, good news! Let’s get them married today, and ask them to live together!

MD dad: You’re being too impatient now.

Grandma: It’s a little too soon to get married now, but we can have a celebration. DC dad, gather everyone! Let’s have dinner at our house!

Adults: That’s good. / I think it’s a good idea.

MD mum: Then let’s go home and each cook up a good dish, then meet here later.

Adults: Yes, yes, let’s go.

MD dad: I must prepare some good wine later. We should all get drunk tonight! (YB breaks the corn cob in frustration)

Grandma: Then what should I do? Should I really prepare celebratory noodles? (walks off to kitchen)

YB: Why is it like that? Don’t these people care about what the main party thinks? (ducks his head in frustration)

DM: Uncle Top Star, it is not the end until we have come to the end. Don’t be too disappointed. A soccer match also has two halves. In the second half, you may still have a chance at victory. (gives YB an encouraging pat) I’m on your side. You have to work hard! (DM walks away and YB watches him)

KS is walking home and she looks at the ring. She starts to think about all the little things that she overlooked, but were clues to MD’s feelings for her: MD’s homecoming, MD talking about a man becoming cowardly in front of the woman he loves, MD asking what will happen if he marries his match-making partner, MD asking her how she would think of him if they had met as strangers, and MD asking her if he can confess with confidence.

She continues walking, but when she sees YB blocking her path, she hides the ring box under her vest.

YB: What is it that you’re hiding?

KS: Ah, I didn’t. I didn’t hide anything. (She wants to walk away but YB keeps blocking her way) Seriously!

YB: Did CMD-ssi really confess to you?

KD: What?

YB: Were you so touched that you cried?

KS: Seriously! What has that got to do with you? Ah, seriously. Go away. (pushes past YB and walks off)

YB chases KS to her house.

YB: Do you really not know? Of course this has something to do with me. (spots Grandma)

Grandma: KS you’re back? KS ah, I heard that MD confessed to you, is it true?

KS: What? That… Grandma how did you know about that?

Grandma: The news has already spread. Gosh, you child. If you like each other, then you should have gotten engaged earlier.

KS: What?

Grandma: I’ve actually always wanted MD to be my grandson-in-law. MD’s parents like you too, so let’s quickly set a wedding date. Alright?

Grandma: Gosh, I’m really so happy. I can finally leave in peace.

KS: Gosh, Grandma. That…

Grandma #1: Gosh, our beautiful bride is here too. Gosh, so pretty!

Grandma #2: Really sweet and cute! We thought you were just brother and sister. (KS looks at YB) How can you be dating without a hint?

Grandma #1: Sister, we only brought over the pan-fried cakes.

Grandma: Why did you bring food? I need to go in and prepare some too. KS, come on it.

Grandma #2: There’s going to be a celebration! (KS follows all Grandmas to the kitchen and YB just looks flabbergasted.)

YB: Seriously.

Tr is thinking about his encounter with Doc the night before, and he thinks about how he has done the right thing for Doc, all the while holding his aching heart. MD’s mum comes looking for MD and both of them leave together for the celebration. Doc walks up and MD’s mum asks about her scarf, then Doc says how she lost it at the restricted area. Doc looks at Tr and pointedly says how it’s not important, so it’s ok to lose it, and how she will not pine for things that do not belong to her, and will delete them from her heart. As they make their way out, Doc reminds MS’s mum about the match-making.

MD sneaks back home, worried that his mum might still be angry. His dad beckons him in, and he walks in in relief, only to be hit by his mum from behind. His mum praises him, and tells him to change out of her dress and go with them to KS’s house for the celebration.

MD: Celebration? What’s that?

MD dad: Well, aren’t you and KS together already? The whole village already knows about it.

MD: What? Together? But KS has not agreed yet.

MD dad: What? Did you get rejected after confessing to her?

MD: Not exactly. I just have not heard KS’s reply. So how can we have a celebration? What is all this?

MD dad: Then everything is alright. Marriage is like walking into a grave. Who would willingly walk into her own grave? If you give her time to think about the marriage, then she won’t be able to make a decision. So you must just walk towards the wedding altar, and then give birth to three kids, and then live your life like that.

MD: But Dad, how can that do?

MD dad: We will help you with this. So the two of you just get ready. We will help you walk towards the altar. Straight ahead! Ahead! (talking about the wine) Well, this is good.

KS is alone in the kitchen preparing to bring food out on a tray, when YB walks in and closes the door behind him. KS tries to get around him but he blocks her way.

KS: What do you want?

YB: Why don’t you tell them the truth? Everyone thinks that you and CMD-ssi like each other.

KS: This isn’t something that you should interfere in.

YB: Are you really going to let this ridiculous marriage celebration feast go on?

KS: Marriage celebration feast? It’s just a gathering for neighbours. What marriage celebration feast are you talking about?

DC’s dad: Ah, the groom is here!

KS looks shocked, and YB sighs in exasperation.

DC dad: Enter the groom! (everyone starts singing the wedding march, and MD and KS look uncomfortable)

MD: Gosh, what is it with everyone?

DC mum: Gosh, the two of you, make such a nice picture sitting together like that.

MD dad: Here, here, both the bride and groom are here. Everyone, fill your cups and let’s have a toast! Come! Let’s have a toast to the future of our MD and KS! Cheers!

Everyone: Cheers!

MD: KS, I’m sorry. I didn’t know it would end up like this.

KS: It’s nothing. It’s not Oppa’s fault.

Grandma: Our grandson-in-law loves to eat mixed vegetables right? Have some.

Grandma #2: Oh my, Sister, oh my! How can you ask the groom to eat mixed vegetables? He must eat food that strengthens his virility! Like live octopus, things like these. He must have enough strength! Groom, MD ah, have one of this. (feeds MD) Gosh, you must work hard!

MD: Please just leave the food there. I will help myself.

YB downs a drink and KS steals a look at him.

Grandma #1: KS ah, why don’t you give birth to 2 children before you get married? Twins.

DC mum: Oh my, what are you saying? She must have at least 3!

Everyone: Yes yes!

KS: Gosh, about that…

Grandma #2: The bride should eat one too. You must have strength too. Work hard.

YB downs another soju.

YB: OKS-ssi, are you really going to get married? (everyone stares at him) I heard that you have not replied to CMD-ssi’s confession yet. (KS starts to choke) Well, then doesn’t that mean that you have not agreed to marry him? OKS-ssi. (KS chokes and cannot speak)

MD mum: What are you talking about? Are you telling me it’s not that they like each other, and MD is ina one-sided love? Is that it?

Grandma: KS ah, then you don’t like MD? (KS stutters) Oh my gosh… (everyone looks sad and disappointed)

KS: Well, that… It’s not that I dislike him…

DC dad: Do not dislike means that you like him then! So this is equal to agreeing! Of course it’s agreeing! Everyone clap!

Everyone: Clap clap clap!

Grandma: Gosh, now I can rest assured.

Villagers: She agreed! / Cheers!

YB: OKS-ssi, since you’re getting married soon, let me offer you a congratulatory glass. (pours her some soju)

MD: Gosh, really thank you very much. (picks up KS’s soju) I’ll drink this congratulatory wine on her behalf. Anyway, I’m not getting married by myself. (drinks) Let me offer you a thank-you drink. (pours a drink)

YB: Don’t say that. It’s still too early to thank me. Who knows what will happen in the future? (drinks and pours MD one)

MD: Alright. I’m a really capable sea captain who can deal with any emergency well. (drinks)

KS (rolling her eyes): Oh my. (Picks up the bottle of soju and drinks directly from it)

Everyone is half drunk and the three grandmas are dancing. YB and MD are still drinking, and KS looks at them in disgust.

Grandma #2: What is up with our Sister? You’re starting to dance. (KS looks at her Grandma with a smile)

Grandma: I can’t help wanting to dance.

KS recalls things her Grandma said.

Grandma: If I can’t find KS a good man to marry, I feel like I can’t leave in peace.

Grandma: I have no more regrets now.

KS smiles at her Grandma.

Grandma: Can’t help but want to dance!

Doc: So cold! My neck is so cold.

MD dad: She can’t run away now. (talking about KS I think)

DC mum: Well, that’s his charm.

Tr (thinking to himself): At this moment, how I wish I could be the scarf around your neck.

Grandma is still dancing, YB and MD are still drinking and KS finally stops drinking and stands up to leave. She walks out of her house but no one notices her.

KS house. Everyone has left but YB and MD are still drinking.

Grandma: MD ah, why isn’t KS back yet?

MD: Yes, I will look for her, don’t worry.

MD looks at YB drunkenly, then suddenly sobers up. YB also seems to have sobered up all of a sudden, and they try to out-run each other to find KS, stumbling and falling all the way. YB looks for her at the beach where they hugged, calling out her name, whereas MD walks among the houses.

KS is sitting on an elevated little hut, leaning against the pillar. MD finds her and walks up to her.

MD: KS ah, I’ve been looking for you for a while.

KS: Oh, it’s MD Oppa.

MD: Are you drunk? Who asked you to drink so much?

KS: Oppa. My precious MD Oppa. Gosh, I’m really an idiot right? I couldn’t tell that you had feelings for me for so long.

MD: Come on down, let’s go back quickly.

YB arrives at KS’s minimart, still looking for her. He stops short when he sees MD carrying KS on his back.

KS: Our precious MD Oppa. You have to be with me my whole life. Alright?

YB looks crushed. MD turns to face YB and speaks to KS, but he really is talking to YB.

MD: Alright, Oppa will be by your side your whole life. So just believe in me. Oppa will guard you and not let any flies disturb you.

MD turns to bring KS into the secret hideout and YB runs over to stop him.

YB: Hey, wait a moment. Didn’t you say you will guard her? Where are you going?

MD: Our KS is drunk. I don’t want Grandma to worry, so I’m bringing her upstairs to sleep.

YB: So, are the two of you going to spend the night alone?

MD: She’s going to be my wife soon. If we want to speed things up, who is going to say anything?

YB: That’s not what OKS-ssi wants.

MD: Let’s just wait and see then.

YB: Then I’m going too.

YB: Careful, careful. Slowly, Slowly.

MD: She eats quite a lot.

YB: Gosh, be careful. Careful! (starts taking off his sweater) Gosh, it’s cold. Cold.

MD (pushes YB away) What are you doing?

YB: What?

MD: There’s a blanket here.

YB: Then I’ll help with the pillow.

MD: Gosh, our KS is cold right. The room is really small, so you should go first.

YB: Well, if you don’t feel comfortable, you can leave.

MD: Then the both of us can guard her together, ok?

YB: That will do.

KS sits up suddenly and holds out her arms.

KS: Love you, Oppa. (YB looks shocked)

MD (looking at YB in triumph): Oppa loves you too.

KS: YR Oppa. I said I love you. Love you, love you. (falls back down to sleep)

YB: Head, head head. (points to CYR’s poster) She said she loves CYR Oppa.

MD: YR Oppa

The next morning in the hideout. KS turns over in her sleep, then opens her eyes to see YB sleeping beside her. She’s just staring at him. YB wakes up suddenly, and sees KS staring at him. They can’t tear their eyes from each other for a long while.

YB: Chopsu.

KS realises what she was doing, and scrambles up to escape. YB goes after her.

KS: I’m really crazy! Really crazy. Crazy! (YB grabs her arm) Let go of me.

YB: Don’t run away. I can see through your feelings.

KS: What do you mean?

YB: Aren’t you even clearer about that? (adjusts KS’s sweater) Don’t be led by your nose, and tell them you can’t get married.

KS: I don’t want to,

YB: Are you really going to get married?

KS: Whether I get married or not, what has it got to do with you?

YB: Because I still like you very much.

KS: Didn’t you say that you don’t like me anymore? Didn’t you cancel your confession?

YB: No, those were all lies. Actually, I came back to win you back. So don’t get married.

KS: What are you trying to do to me? Do you think I’m to be bullied? Are you joking with me?

YB: Do I look like I’m joking? I thought that previously I was pursuing you too relentlessly, so you didn’t have the time to confirm your feelings. So I pretended that I gave up.

KS: Pretending? Gosh, what an amazing actor you are! You still pretend, and toy with other people’s feelings. Seriously! You are so unreasonable and incorrigible! (walks away)

YB: OKS, I didn’t toy with your feelings! I’ve been feeling tormented too! Don’t you already know your own feelings? I already know everything. Why is this so hard? Ah! Seriously!

KS sits alone at the hut and cries, looking conflicted.

MD’s house.

Grandma #2: MD mum! Where did she go? I brought her some kimchi. Oh my bladder is going to burst. Gosh.

YB comes to use the phone to call NJ

NJ: Oh, my friend YB. Sweet salty, sweet salty, how are you doing?

YB: What? Sweet salty, sweet salty? Hey, because I did that, OKS is completely upset now. Everything is ruined now! What should I do?

NJ: What to do? You just have to beg her now.

YB: Are you crazy? I have to beg her humbly?

NJ: Love itself is a crazy act. So what if you have to be humble? Isn’t it better than getting dumped and becoming pitiful? Anyway, I can’t make a dating idiot like you understand.

YB: What? Dating idiot? Hey, everything is ruined because of you. I shouldn’t have taken your advice in the first place. Seriously!

NJ: Gosh, since you’re so capable, then handle this yourself. Why do you asked me about dating?

YB: Yes, I’m a dating idiot! (YB then replaces the word “idiot” with “castrated man” as a metaphor) Castrated man! Castrated man! Alright? (Grandma #2 hears YB saying “castrated man” and is shocked.)

Grandma #2: Castrated man… (runs off home)

NJ: Anyway you have to listen to me. You have to beg her.

YB: I’m hanging up! Argh!

NJ: Gosh, this dating idiot. (sees Arang coming out and approaches her) Arang, you’re here. Well, I… why didn’t you pick up my calls?

AR: Oppa, must you be such a good-for-nothing? How can you call 200… 200 times? It’s really not like you.

NJ: Then what should I do to be like me? Don’t tell me, you cheated on me with the palace guard Kim Joon?

AR: What cheating? We broke up naturally.

NJ: How can you be so indecent to our relationship? You didn’t say a word and just ended it.

AR: Ended.

NJ: You really…

AR: Ended ended ended ended ended ended… Alright? Can’t you be more gracious? You’re such a dating idiot! (turns to leave)

NJ: AR ah! AR! AR! How can I be a dating idiot? How can I be a dating idiot?! How can I be a... dating… idiot!

Grandma #1 and #2 house. Grandma #2 comes rushing home to tell Grandma #1 the juicy news that YB is a castrated man, but before she can say it, she forgets it. LOL

MD wakes up alone in the secret hideout. He recalls what KS said to him at the hut.

MD: Come down and let’s go home quickly.

KS: Oppa, you are a very precious person to me. Grandma, and all the adults say that I’m your other half. So it must be right. Right?

KS: But Oppa, I’m always taking notice of that person. Everytime I see him, here (pats her heart) it feels like something is piercing me here. (keeps patting her heart) Painful.

MD: It won’t do, KS ah. I cannot trust that gangster-like rascal. Even if it’s not me, I still cannot let you be with that rascal.  (leaves the hideout)

KS is feeding the goats and thinks about YB staring at her and saying “chopsu” in the secret hideout. She shakes herself out of it and walks away, only to encounter YB coming out of his room. They both stop short, and when KS starts to walk away, she trips on her shoelace and falls, hurting herself.

KS: Oh my! Ah ah! (YB rushes over to help her up, face filled with worry)

YB: Are you alright? (KS looks at him and just leaves without answering him, but he stops her and looks at her left wrist) Isn’t that an injury? Didn’t I ask you not to get hurt again?

KS: Let go of me!

YB (grabs her arm again): It’s painful right? Put some medicine on it. There’s medicine at home right?

KS: I already said it’s ok.

MD walks in and sees them.

MD: KS ah.

KS: Yeah? Oppa is here.

MD: Yeah. When did you get back? Why didn’t you wake me up?

KS: Oh, I woke up at dawn. I saw that you two were still asleep, so I came back.

MD: Is your stomach ok? Do you still remember what happened yesterday?

KS: No, I don’t remember.

MD: Well, next time don’t drink anymore.

KS: Yeah, I should do that. Seriously. Oppa, Grandma cooked some hangover soup. Have breakfast before you go.

KS turns to leave, catches YB gazing at her, but walks away.

At the breakfast table, all the three young people are picking at their food.

Grandma: Why aren’t you all eating heartily? Is it not delicious?

YB: It’s not like that.

KS: It’s not like that.

MD: It’s delicious.

DC dad and mum: Auntie!

DC mum: Last night, we almost finished all the food at Auntie’s house, it just so happened that an octopus went into our fishing net, so we brought it over.

Grandma: Wow, so fresh! Why are you being so polite? We will enjoy it. Thank you.

DC dad: But then, why is the atmosphere here so bad? Shouldn’t a house with the bride and groom be filled to the brim with love?

DC mum: Ah, seriously. Maybe they feel awkward too. When we changed from brother and sister to a couple, we were awkward too.

DC dad: If you feel awkward, there’s a way. Kiss! Just kiss! If you kissed, and you still feel awkward, then kiss again! Just keep kissing, and if you are still awkward, be like the suction cups on an octopus and stick your lips together. Like this, like this, and keep going. If you are still embarrassed, be like syrup, stick your lips together and stay like that for a day.

DC mum: You are running off at your mouth again! What are you saying in front of Auntie?

Grandma: Well, what’s wrong with kissing? They are getting married soon, so they should do the things they are allowed to do.

MD: That’s it then. KS ah, let’s have a kiss.

KS: Gosh, Oppa.

YB: Is that so? I think after kissing, it will become more awkward. (looks at KS while saying that and KS is speechless)

Reporter Han is writing his nasty story about YB. Headline: Top Star YB’s makjang family matters. Report: 1 hundred million won per drama episode, 3 hundred million won from commercials in a year. Lives in a 30 hundred million won high-class residence, and drives a few hundred million won car. Currently enjoying a luxurious holiday – Top Star YB. On the other hand, living in a 400 thousand won monthly rental rooftop house, and raking in the lowest hourly salary as a waitstaff at a BBQ restaurant – YB’s mum. What kind of secrets does this pair of mother and son have?

Reporter Han’s junior comes to give him a drink, and sees his article. He asked what Reporter Han has against YB, and Reporter Han tells him how he overheard YB on the phone five years ago, and secretly recorded his conversation. YB saw him and broke his phone, warning him not to do it again, or else he will have to bear the consequences himself. Reporter Han has borne a grudge till now.

The news appears all over Seoul, and most of the netizens are bashing YB.

“YB you scum. Stop appearing on TV”

“Don’t self-reflect and just leave the industry. YB is not human.”

“Behaving like that and still appear on TV, such a scum. You will get punished by Heaven for repaying your parents in this manner”

“Scum! I knew YB was such a person. Go to Hell!”

“I don’t want to see him. Stop your self-reflection and leave the industry!”

At the agency, CEO is busy putting out fires. DC asks if YB should know about this, and CEO says no because it will cause YB more stress and exhaustion. CEO says he will handle it, but DC is not confident that he can. CEO asks DC to shut up.

YB goes into his room and wonders where KS is.

YB: Where did OKS go the whole day? (sees his jar of sea urchins) What’s wrong, sea urchins? Why did your spikes all fall off? You can’t be dead, right?

MD dad (on announcement system): Announcement: In order to let our seaweed grow well next year, today, for the last time, let’s clean the rocks together! So, everyone should participate. Come out quickly!

YB has opened the jar to see if the sea urchins are dead, but when he hears the announcement he gets an idea.

KS is sitting in her minimart, looking at the ring. MD comes by and cheers her up by pretending to walk up and down the stairs. KS finally laughs.

MD: Gosh, our ugly girl finally smiled.

KS: Oppa, what was that?

MD: Because I thought that you were too awkward. (leans close to KS) Seriously, shall we kiss? (KS just looks at MD in shock until MD ruffles her hair) Gosh, why do you seem so afraid? Well, let’s just continue to be awkward. I’ve confessed, and it’s much better than being your real brother like before.

KS: Oppa, I…

MD: KS ah, when you are sailing, if you go against the wind, you may get lost or crash into rocks. If you follow the direction of the wind, then you can move forward successfully. I feel like with everyone and everything helping me, it’s following the direction of the wind. I’m just going to push forward, so don’t hesitate, believe in me and follow me. Oppa cannot wait anymore. (puts the ring on KS’s finger) Let’s get married, KS ah.

KS: Oppa.

MD: Close up the minimart at 3 o’clock and meet me at the pier. Let’s go on a date. (walks out)

KS stares at the ring on her finger, at a loss.

The villagers are cleaning the rocks and Tr is looking around looking for Doc. YB has come with MD’s dad to help out on behalf on Grandma, and wonders if this is everyone who is helping out. DC’s dad confirms it, adding that Doc won’t be coming. MD’s dad says that he didn’t include MD and KS because they are going on a date on a boat. DC’s dad comments on how after kissing, the two of them can speed things up. YB suddenly shouts “NO!” and scares everyone, and he covers up by saying that young people should come to help instead of leaving the elderly to do the chores. Everyone says that it’s alright since YB and Tr are here. Tr is asked to sing and YB starts cleaning angrily.

KS goes to the pier and sees MD waiting for her.

KS: Oppa! My gosh, what is all this?

MD: You’re here. (gives her flowers)

KS: Oppa (accepts them reluctantly)

MD: OKS-ssi, do you want to embark on MD’s boat?

Tr is still singing, and YB imagines MD putting the ring on KS’s finger, and then leaning close to kiss her.

YB: Don’t kiss her!

Tr: What? Top Star-ssi?

YB: That song… I dislike it the most.

Tr: Ah, this song, is sung by my favourite singer. (Starts to clean the rocks angrily)

On the boat

MD: This atmosphere is so good. Let’s go. (walks to start the boat but stops in surprise when he sees DM)

KS: Oh my, DM ah, when did you get here?

MD: Gosh, it’s the first date. DM ah, go off quickly. Your teacher is waiting for you.

DM: KS Noona, can’t I go along too?

DM: I was too bored, so I came along.

MD: Your teacher is looking for you urgently, so go off quickly.

KS: Well, Oppa.

MD: Sit down, sit down quickly.

DM: Yes! This is so great!

MD: Gosh, why did you bring that thing here?

DM: It looks really cool. Doesn’t it, Noona?

KS: What? (DM swings the ninja figurine around and places it in KS’s lap)

DM: Arrived!

MD: Darn it! Cool?

The boat is in the middle of the sea and MD and KS are fishing.

MD: KS ah, when I’m on the ship, I stopped over at Normandy in France. And I was at the seaside, I saw an elderly couple. They were on a small boat, and fishing with rods like this. Sitting together, saying nothing, and looking at the same direction. I thought they made such a nice picture.

KS: Is that so?

MD: So I have this thought, after I get married, I want to be…

DM (running past playing with ninja figurine): Ninja Uncle!

MD: I want to be a ninja.

DM: Ninja Uncle!

MD: Hey DM ah, can’t you throw away that ninja?

DM: Oh my, how can I bear to throw away such a cool and good-looking character? In my opinion, this is  a hundred, a thousand times better than Taekwando-V.

MD: DM ah, have you always been so annoying?

DM: KS Noona, don’t marry Uncle MD. Why don’t you marry Uncle Top Star instead? He’s so good-looking, and good at arm wrestling.

MD: What are you talking about? You’re too young to be saying such horrible things. When I was arm-wrestling…

DM (making a face at MD): I’m going off!

MD: You rascal! Uncle is still talking to you!

KS: Oh my. Oppa, don’t be angry. He is just  a child.

MD: Gosh, when did he become like that? Ah, seriously.

DM (talking to ninja figurine): Uncle Top Star, you must thank me.

Reporter Han walks to his car after work, and CEO is hiding, waiting for him. CEO covers his nose and mouth with a black cloth, then runs up to Reporter Han and destroys his camera. Reporter Han chases after him but is not able to catch him.

MD house. YB is removing his boots after helping to clean the rocks.

MD dad: You don’t do such chores in Seoul, do you? You worked hard today.

YB: It’s alright.

YB is tying his shoelaces when he recalls KS tripping over hers and getting hurt. He takes his leave.

YB walks into KS’s house and places medication and band-aids beside him. He rubs his forehead like he’s having a headache and notices that KS’s shoelace is still untied. He ties it properly for her with a smile on his face. He places the shoes back on the ground and touches them gently. KS returns from her date carrying the flowers. YB looks over at her and sees the ring on her finger. KS acts nonchalant and hides the ring. YB walks over to confront her.

YB: Did you put on the ring? Take it off right away. (KS ignores him and walks away but YB stops her) I asked you to remove the ring now.

KS: If I say I can’t remove it, what would you do?

YB: Then I will help you remove it. (grabs her hand and tries to remove the ring)

KS: Don’t be like that! Are you crazy? Oh my! (YB finally removes the ring, but the amount of force he uses causes it to fly up and land on the roof) Oh my! I think you are really crazy! (runs to climb the ladder to retrieve the ring)

YB: Don’t go up there.

KS: Let go off me! I want to go up and find the ring.

YB: It’s dangerous! Don’t go up!

KS: I asked you to let go of me!

YB: I got it! It’s dangerous to go up there! I will get it for you!

YB climbs up to the roof and finds the ring.

YB: I found it. Will this do now? (passes the ring to KS and KS turns to walk away)

YB: OKS! I’m harassing you now. I feel so dejected and useless, and I’m going crazy soon. But even if I have to use such a method, I still want to keep your heart.

KS: So what if you keep it? You and I, what can we do?

YB: No matter what it is that you ask me to do, I will agree! If you are willing, I’m willing to give up everything over there, and come here to catch fish and abalone. So you have to marry me!

KS: Please say things that make sense!

YB: Why doesn’t this make sense? We can get married!

KS just leaves. She hears YB falling from the roof and turns around in shock. YB is lying on the ground, obviously hurt and in pain.

KS: Oh my! (runs over to YB) Hey, Top Star-ssi, are you alright? My goodness, what to do? Hey, that… Are you alright?

YB: Look at you, you are obviously worried about me. You worry about me because you like me.

KS (hits YB): You are really very bad. Previously when I said that you are a good person, I take it all back. (runs off)

YB: OKS! OKS!

KS (to herself) Crazy! Bad man!

Reporter Han confronts CEO at the agency and asked if they met a while ago. He goes up to CEO and covers his nose and mouth with a hand, saying that he has seen CEO before. CEO does the same to Reporter Han and says that he has seen him before, recalling the same man who stole the cake. Reporter Han threatens CEO not to do anything as he will destroy YB, and CEO asks him what the reason is. CEO decides to tell Reporter Han YB’s story, hoping that he will feel sorry for YB, but Reporter Han doesn’t seem to be moved. He takes his leave. Just then, CEO receives a call from YB’s mum, and she wants to meet to discuss YB.

MD’s house. YB comes in holding his back and looking very pale.

MD: I heard you had a hard time cleaning the rocks today. If I didn’t go on a date, I could have helped.

YB: Did someone call me?

MD: Yes, yes.

YB: Hello?

NJ: YB ah, haven’t you heard? The news is saying that you disowned your family and everything is in a mess here!

YB: What? What do you mean? Why so sudden? Tell me clearly. Yes. Yes.

YB walks out of MD’s house, in pain, stressed and ill. He thinks about how he told his mum that she was as good as dead to him, and clutches his heart in pain. He leans against the lamp post, unable to breathe, and Doc sees him and runs up to him.

Doc: YB-ssi, what’s wrong with you?

YB: I’m alright.

Doc: Just now when you were at the clinic, you should have told me. Are you hurt somewhere? Is it serious? I think you’re having a fever too.

YB: I’m really alright. It’s just that I hurt my back just now.

Doc: You hurt your back? How did that happen? Let’s go and get treatment.

YB: It’s alright. (leaves) YB goes to KS’s secret hideout and lies down.

KS is cleaning up at home, and sees her tied shoelaces, as well as the medication and band-aids.

Grandma: KS ah, where did Top Star Young Man go without having dinner?

KS: He will come back when he’s hungry.

Doc: YB-ssi? Oh hello.

Grandma: He’s not here. Why are you looking for him?

Doc: Really? Where did he go? He looked really sick just now.

Grandma: What? He’s unwell? Where?

Doc: He hurt his back, and he’s also having a fever. He said he doesn’t want to go to the clinic, so I brought some medication over.

Grandma: Oh dear, why is he sick again? Are people from Seoul so fragile?

Doc: Maybe. When he comes back, give the medication to him.

KS: OK

Doc: Have a good rest. I will leave now.

KS: Have a good rest too.

KS waits for YB to come back, staring at all the medication. Meanwhile, YB is perspiring profusely and sleeping fitfully in the hideout. KS goes out to look for YB. YB is frowning in his sleep, and coughs a few times. When KS reaches the minimart, she sees MD’s dad looking for her.

MD dad: KS ah, if you are not busy, let’s have a chat.

KS: OK

MD dad: KS ah, I started saving money from a long time ago, and wanted to give it to you when you get married. When you marry into our family, you don’t have to prepare anything. This is your personal money, so keep it well. After you get married, and when MD makes you unhappy, use this money to go on a trip, ok?

KS: Ahjussi, I can’t accept this money. Ahjussi has been treating me so well.

MD dad: Gosh, I’m not giving you this as your father-in-law. I’m giving you this on behalf of you father. Even if you don’t marry MD, I still want to give this to you.

KS: Oh my.

MD dad: If you don’t accept it, I will be upset. And, this was supposed to be a secret, actually, before you were born, your dad and I agreed that if you are a girl, we will let you and MD get married, and become in-laws.

KS: My dad said so?

MD dad: Yes. But I was afraid that you would feel burdened, so I never said anything. Gosh, JP must be feeling really pleased and comforted in Heaven. Your mother too.

YB is still frowning and coughing in his sleep, looking very ill. KS pats him gently, and YB seems more at ease.

KS: You’re such an idiot.

KS reaches out to touch YB’s forehead, then starts to sponge him to bring down his fever. She lays the towel on his forehead, and is surprised when he suddenly removes it. YB opens his eyes and looks at KS>

YB: OKS.

KS: You told me not to get hurt anymore, but you refused to eat medication when you are so ill.

YB: No, I don’t need it. I will be fine if OKS is by my side.

KS: Well, the doctor prescribed some medicine for you. Quick eat it. (YB grabs KS’s hand)

YB: Don’t go. Be by my side.

KS (pushes YB’s hand away): I’m sorry.

YB: For the first time in my life, I’m doing something I want to do. Ever since I met you, I can finally breathe. So, can you, just this once, do as your heart desires?

KS (starts to cry): I cannot let down other people’s wishes in exchange for my own happiness. Get well quickly and leave. (runs off)

YB starts crying as well. (Me too!)

Ep 9 preview

Grandma: You’re leaving already?

YB: I’m leaving now.

Grandma: He is leaving, and yet you wouldn’t come out to take a look.

YB: I already bid farewell to OKS-ssi yesterday.

KS: I need to send him off. If I live for myself for once, how would it be like?

MD: What is it that you want to say to me?

KS: I want to give you something.

MD: Can you not give it to me? I don’t want to accept it. No matter what you give me, I don’t want to accept it.

YB: OKS, you lied. I thought you said it was warm? But why does it feel so cold?

YB: Hello? OKS. OKS.

KS: What should I do? I’m going crazy.

MD: If you feel pain, you can tell me so.

6 hours ago, triplem said:

@autumnflowers And Sang Yeob’s last shoot tomorrow.So I think the final episodes are dedicated to the OTP . Lol! Trying to be hopeful 

Speculations based on all the spoilers given by JSM , she will go to Seoul, but YB and her will hv to come back to the island to sort things out 

Yes i think so too. Maybe next ep won't be all angst. Maybe KS ( or MD) breaks off the engagement next ep. So the last 2 episodes will probably dedicated to our otp 

21 minutes ago, autumnflowers said:

Yes i think so too. Maybe next ep won't be all angst. Maybe KS ( or MD) breaks off the engagement next ep. So the last 2 episodes will probably dedicated to our otp 

Can always count on our leads to give away some hints

see the conversation btwn KJS , JSM & LSY on LSY’s IG post . A fan did some rough translation 

5DD53751-1529-41F8-BCE2-5C58DDBDAAC1.jpeg

I rewatched this scene a few times , and what an amazing job by JSM & especially KJS. KS’s heart must be as hard as her head -_-

Spoiler

Filming is done for most of the cast . I like DM so much . So wise & witty for a child his age , but more importantly the only one on team top

star Shi . :lol:

Seems like JSM’s stylist is also bidding the place goodbye . The cast & crew have been easily here for 5 to 6 months . I read a lot of them were hosted by the villagers due to the lack of accommodation 

Spoiler

So I think based on the preview, it should be KS that is the one to leave MD at the altar ( I hope it does not have to go that extent )  & goes to meet YB in Seoul . She needs to be the one to go look for him. Not the other way around . I don’t think it is acceptable for YB to be the bad person & gate crash the wedding . And I need grandma to realise KS is not happy. Still feeling salty about grandma  -_-Sorry for sounding like a broken record but I just saw the raw & I was so upset 

And this scene in eps 5, with the voice cameo by YIN, is clearly meant for KS. She needs to pluck up some courage & fight for her own happiness which is the ultimate message of the drama.  YB got it , he realised he’s been feeling suffocated because he has not been living his life for himself ..

Archived