Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

Morning time. They are both still there. But when KS wakes up, she is staring only at YB.  Aww he wakes up and they are just looking at each other for quite a while. My heart! YB says in his head Chop Suey.

K this is where YB chases her out and fixes her sweater and says cuz I like you. He is really pleading with her. She is yelling at him though. Maybe saying like you just don't understand. YB still so upset, yelling after her.

KS is at this little tree hut. Thinking about everything. Crying. Our favorite OST is playing. Wahhhh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

YB making a phone call to NJ.  He's screaming at him about something. Maybe just venting his frustration? Hrmm one of the old lady sisters is listening in. I think whatever she heard she totally misinterpreted it. Uh oh.

NJ had an argument with his girl friend in the parking garage. 

Ok old lady is telling her sister whatever it is she overheard. But what was it?? Ahh so curious. 

MD just woke up and realized YB and KS are gone. 

He is flashing back to whatever she told him while drunk last night. Maybe this is where she said she has someone she can't stop thinking about? Yup I think this is cuz she is talking on her heart and looking sad. We didn't see this part last night. Just in his flash back right now.

I think MD is realizing something. He's talking to her picture and nodding his head.

Aww KS tripped on her shoe lace and fell as YB was coming out of his room. YB helped her up and was looking at her hurt hand with concern. MD walks up and she pulls her hand away and they talk about something. This is sad. Everyone looks sad. Now they are all eating together. Still everyone looking sad. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Oh here we go. Nasty reporter writing the article about YB and his mother. He is scheming something. 

Commercial break. Oh a commercial with Hyun Bin. Sexy man. 

Ok back. Reporter thinking about a moment where he was listening in on Yb and YB broke his phone. So he is def getting revenge on Yb for that. I think he made up some outlandish thing. The pic of his mom is on the front of the story and it's going viral fast. Awww he's gonna be so hurt when he finds out. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh no something happened to YB's sea urchins. An announcement was made over the loud speaker about YB. Not sure what was said.

Scene from preview with MD trying to cheer up KS in front of their store front. MD talking to her. He takes the ring from the box and puts it on her finger. He says they are going on a date. Maybe he says wear the ring for today. She is looking at the ring on her finger pensively.

YB is helping the village people at the beach cleaning rocks. MD's dad mentions their date. YB taking out his frustrations on the rocks lol.

K date time. MD whips out the flowers. KS accepts but she is not happy. At all. Not like someone with their fiance should be. The village people are singing some love song while YB is imagining MD and KS about to kiss. YB is like stop singing!! Lol poor YB.

Back at the date on the boat, MD playing "you are so beautiful to me" on the radio. ooh the little boy popped out holding YB's ninja doll. He wants the kid to leave but KS says he can stay. The boy gives KS the doll. MD looks annoyed. KS has not smiled once. MD having a talk with KS while the boy plays with the doll in the background. MD doing all the talking. Lol I think the little boy screaming about ninja YB made MD say something about ninja YB on accident. I can't explain it well but it seemed funny.

I think the little boy is team YB. So we have someone! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Oh YB's manager guy cornered the nasty reporter in the parking garage and broke his camera. I think nasty reporter said something like this is war.

YB cleaning up. Thinking about KS tripping and hurting her hand. Aww he is waiting for her with bandaids. He sees her shoes and is fixing the laces on them. So sweet. Oooh here comes KS. YB sees the ring on her finger. He is like what are you doing. He pulls off the ring and it flings up onto the roof. KS going to climb the ladder to retrieve it. YB is very upset. He climbs up instead and gets it for her. He is making a declaration to her on the roof. This is very emotional scene between them. Both have tears in their eyes. Oh my heart!! 

Omg!! YB fell off the roof!!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

He's ok. Whew!! KS was very upset. Now she's full crying. She walks away. 

Reporter and YB manager facing off in Seoul. Dramatic music playing. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny or not. Now they are sitting having a face to face. Doesn't look like there will be any truce. 

YB limping to the phone. He's receiving news of his mother. MD is sitting there overhearing it.

Oh noo he is limping back and he's thinking about his mom and having a panic attack I think. Our poor YB!! 

Doctor came up to help him but he refused help. He's going into KS' hideout and laying down. KS outside and sees her shoelaces all fixed up and the bandaids that YB had bought. Doctor comes up asking about YB. She has meds I think and gives them to KS. 

KS sitting outside thinking about what to do I guess. Aww YB having a nightmare. Sweating a lot. KS running to find him. She doesn't know where he is. She ran into MD's father. He's trying to give her something. She doesn't want to accept it but he is insisting. More pressure for KS whatever it is. She looks overwhelmed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh grow some ovaries already girl and use your words! He needs you!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Aww she found YB. She started patting him and he calmed down in his sleep. She told him he was a fool. I think. She is wiping off his sweat. He wakes up. So happy to see her. He doesn't want her to leave. He takes her hand and is saying something but she pulls away. Whatever he is saying, she is crying. She is responding without looking at him. She gets up and leaves. Now he is crying. My heart !!!!!

Why KS, why!!! Guess we are taking this all the way to a wedding ugh!!!!!

Preview.....omg this preview !!! I have to compose myself....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

The preview ! My heart ! Whyyyyyyy. Ok so YB leaves the island. KS is heartbroken. YB is heartbroken. MD senses something wrong and is crying too. Then YB is in Seoul crying his eyes out in his car. Then they showed KS and MD about to get married, like in the pics we saw. And YB suddenly rushing towards somewhere.

I thought this week's episode would be the angsty one. But nope folks, it will be next week twice as bad!!! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Yep she is still very annoying no reason to let it get this far all you are doing is hurting more and more people.

He tired his best now its time for her to do it he did enough now.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

@turtlegirl thank you so much for the live recaps. This episode sounds so good, even though it was angsty. I'm getting annoyed with KS now, but maybe I should wait for the subs first before getting mad at our sweet girl. Gotta go coz I've got to work early tmr morning but will try to do the translation as soon as I can. See you, chinggus!

• Like 6

So. True to my words, I'm feeling so mad and desperately upset on Yoobaek's behalf. Why Kangsoon why! I'm annoyed at Kangsoon, Madol and the villagers. Everyone but Dongman lol! He's so cute. And looks like we have the mother of angst-filled episodes to look forward to next week. If Yoobaek and Kangsoon don't get together by next ep then I give up lol. I noticed the episodes keep getting longer, I reckon this one was about 85 mins. Thanks @turtlegirl for the marathon live recap! 

Edit: Guess our Korean counterparts are just as frustrated by the development because 'how many episodes Top Star Yoo Baek' is on the trending on the real-time search list on Naver. 8 episodes in on an 11-part drama and we're still here. Ugh. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Really no one with eyes can tell she is miserable like really?

Exactly.. urghh 

how many times must he turn around to go get her, lay his heart bare & his heart gets broken. 

If she does not want him , I’ll have him . Cause which guy puts his pride aside over & over , does not commit noble idiocy, and she still can’t hv some courage to say yes to her own happiness & his . Am really mad now !!! Writer nim , what is happening? 

• Like 6

I'm telling you, KS hardly smiled at all this episode. First of all, she realllly needs to set her feelings straight. To give her some credit, it did seem to me like she wanted to speak her heart several times and tell the villagers the truth. But she just couldn't quite do it. I really really hope she is the one to break it off now. I do not want YB to go running back to the island to stop the wedding or something like that. Like many of you have said, it is her turn to step up! I couldn't really tell from the preview, when he was running, was it on the island, or somewhere else? Now, MD, I am mad at him. Dude, she was miserable every time you were together this episode. Why did you pretty much force her to put on the ring and go on the date? Cuz you know she is too much a sweet heart to say No. Not. Cool. My heart is absolutely broken for YB this episode and in the preview. KJS is doing SUCH an amazing job conveying his emotions. I guess at this point we will be lucky to get 2 episodes with them being happy and resolving their other issues. I hope once they get together (yes, it better be by next week or elseeee), we don't have any more angst. I had many k-dramas this year I could not finish because their endings became bad. I do not want that to happen with this show!! I know we are all frustrated right now with the dragging of the angst. I will say the emotional pull is very strong though, and it's keeping me coming back for more. But I still want happiness for our leads. And hugs and kisses!!!

• Like 7

Okay but if I were Kangsoon and had Yoobaek staring at me like this when I was still groggy from sleep, I'd have accepted him yesterday lol. 

But no, she actually rejected him what, at least 5 times at last count, including today's ep? @triplem if she doesn't want him I'm here for him too!  When will they get to bring the cute together :tears:

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

Posted (edited)

It’s clear as day to me here where her heart is . She’s too afraid to admit it . Too afraid to disappoint everyone else . I’m hurting a lot for YB tonight . Feeling all emotional for him 

:dissapointed_relieved:

Most heartfelt confession 

But she’s of course in denial 

And for the first time , I’m going to say something that may upset anyone who’s on Team Madol. Pls don’t open if it’s the case

Spoiler

i know I hv always said MD was nice & sincere , but the more I think about it the more selfish his actions have been . Even in the past , KS never got a chance to date or be lavished with attention from other boys because he did not allow them too & fed into the rumour she was his . But yet he NEVER once told her then his feelings or properly dated her . He denied her the chance of having opportunities to experience puppy love , dating etc. Now isn’t it obvious that she’s unhappy , and he’s still not letting her go & plans to push through for the wedding ( I hope it’s not the case) .. I cannot see how that is truly loving someone 

Tell me about it @tibba. We only hv 3 episodes left . I need more sweet scenes . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The thing too no one is forcing her here sure she is feeling pressure ,but this is all on her. She is a grown person no matter how close you are to the people  you dont do nothing like this since no one will end up happy.

The  other guy should  notice how miserable she is, as well he to me is playing stupid.

I think the other problem is she had zero competition for YB.

• Like 6