[Drama 2018-2019] Top Star Yoo Baek 톱스타 유백이

larus

Why is the week passing so slowly? No. Why is the DAY passing so slowly? It's only Monday and I'm getting antsy and angsty. I wish for my heart to be settled. I really do not want the whole episode 9 to be filled with sadness. I want updates and happier pictures on IG! Ok, I gotta immerse myself in work. :sweat_smile:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@joonminfan I totally feel you. I have been trying to stay busy and preoccupied. Heck this isn't even the only show I'm watching right now. But I'm still thinking about it a ton!! I hope we get some IG spoilers this week or I might go mad. Also, Friday angst better only be for half the ep. If the draw it out till the very end, I don't know what I'll do lol. 

I am with you all...sigh...I am watching quite a few too...but this is the only one I have a lot emotional investment in. I saw this comment on one of the subbed sites and was pretty spot on (credit to nhc of a site I cannot mention)

Spoiler

the preview is likely misleading, pretty sure it ain't their wedding. but yeah she made the wrong choice, it's very annoying, the pressure from everyone for KS to marry MD, especially her grandma, even her parents who passed away. i read knetizens commented that YB's love is constant, while MD waited decades but was too late with his confession timing. i like both male leads, but MD was too possessive of KS while growing up that he ruined her chances at any love, is guilt tripping her now and didn't consider KS's feelings, like her drunk confession of not being able to forget YB or unhappiness after the engagement, while YB confesses many times over and gets rejected, he's trying to get KS to admit her feelings, willing to sacrifice his career and life in seoul, and even begging her. i liked the rom com feels this drama had but now it's gone full melodrama, wth go back to your roots top star yoobaek, i can't take all this angst. really hope the KS admits her feelings and pursues YB by the middle of ep9. it's 11 episodes total, only 3 episodes left and so far no conclusion to the love triangle yet, it's frustrating.

@stroppyse Can you tell us what this written preview for ep 9 says? Thanks so much

J4HEFUL.jpg

Stroppyse, You are heaven sent for international viewers like us so dependent on subs. Your translations are everywhere. Check out the comment section of this YT link for the preview :D 

Spoiler

Looks like most of the cast are saying goodbye to this beautiful island

Teacher

Spoiler

Since everyone's feeling so down, just a friendly reminder that Kangsoon eventually ends up in Yoobaek's apartment lol. And if this picture is to be believed, she somehow sidles her way into his bed too :D Although of course it could just be JSM taking a break. But one can hope?

I read that the 10th is the last day of filming, and they're possibly having the wrap-up party on the 11th. JSM is filming on the 10th in Seoul (with KJS probably hopefully?) and she tends to post something drama-related on Thursdays, so hopefully we get a spoiler by then, if not before? 

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Cute BTS

JSM & KJS has got good camaraderie . She calls him oppa. That’s all i can make out :lol:

Awwww they are so cute together! I wish I could understand what they are saying. Gives me more motivation to continue with my Korean lessons. :blush: She is so cute calling him Oppa! :wub: Can't wait for updates and for the ep on Friday!

Can someone translate the bts juseeyoooo. Hehehe. I heard ji seok mentioning 'jin jung suk' which is ha seok jin's character in drinking solo. Or is it just my delusional mind? I still ship them so haaard up to this day. Maybe ji seok will replace seok jin if tvn provided us with some good kissing scenes. Lol. 

17 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

Can someone translate the bts juseeyoooo. Hehehe. I heard ji seok mentioning 'jin jung suk' which is ha seok jin's character in drinking solo. Or is it just my delusional mind? I still ship them so haaard up to this day. Maybe ji seok will replace seok jin if tvn provided us with some good kissing scenes. Lol. 

There might not be time for many, but I’m hoping for at least two GOOD kisses. You all know what I mean by GOOD. :wub:

14 minutes ago, joonminfan said:

There might not be time for many, but I’m hoping for at least two GOOD kisses. You all know what I mean by GOOD. :wub:

I know right! Maybe I was expecting too much, bec the moment I knew KJS and JSM were the main leads, I know we are in for a good treat, aka hot kisses and bed scenes. Lol also my standard for kissing scenes rose up ever since I watched 1%of something. 

Idk if we will even get one kiss this upcoming ep. Looks so awfully angsty. Poor yoo baek

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, translation for the written preview.

https://imgur.com/J4HEFUL

After parting with Kang Soo, even having his family issues revealed to the world, thus having a hard time of it, Yoo Baek.
Kang Soon hears about Yoo Baek’s painful past from Nam Jo who has come to Yeojook Island, and her heart hurts too much.
Meanwhile, Ma Dol starts to become frightened with is worry that Kang Soon’s heart may waver…

Thanks so much @stroppyse.  I know you have to translate for so many threads. Much appreciated. Urghh more angst ...whatever happened to my rom-com? :astonished:

38 minutes ago, heyyoooo said:

Let's ask @stroppyse.  Stroppyse, did KJS mention that? 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@heyyoooo @triplem, no, he doesn't mention Jin Jung Suk. In the middle of the clip, YB says that he wants to try to convey true sincerity with his lines. "Sincerity" in this case is "jin jung sung" in Korean. If I get a chance later, I'll try to post a translation of the BTS. It is cute, and the BTS is happy, even if the drama is in an angsty place right now. :)  

Gosh i seriously need to get over my ship. In my mind there is an ongoing ship battle bet KJSXJSM, HSJXJSM LOOLOLOL

@stroppyse thank you dear for all of your translations. You are heaven sent. Haha

@triplem sorry cant help it, our girl is just to adorable and shippable

It was so nice of namjoo to do it oh yoobaek’s behalf. Or there are a lot of things he needs to do to be forgiven again. Hehe. He did a lot of crazy things when yoobaek was away. He did give good advice. And yoobaek really follow it every single thing. The last part with begging kind of works on kangsoon who is not used to confusion especially with love. Yoobaek was amazing there. His declaration of love is still fluttering as his courtships and confession. 

Thanks loads @stroppyse

Hi @Christina Leong . Welcome to soompi & to the thread. NJ in spite of his jealousy of YB’s success, admires the latter and has shown to be  a true friend ( possibly the only friend our Mr Unicorn has ) . I liked how YB broke down all walls and laid bare his heart , so it was terribly heartbreaking to see KS walk away. I understand her confusion but the onus is really on her to go to YB this time . 

@angelangie Yay, good to see you here. 

———

i think there should be a new ost out this Friday 

By this singer

I have some catching up to do since I am starting today but thankful that @triplem gave a shout out that it was good and that's enough for me...  Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts...

333740_pc.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsZoXL-QcgoT4hL4F3TCb:tounge_wink:  So far...  So good...

We got another BTS clip. I really like how much they seem to be enjoying filming, and they seem close. Well JSM and LSY is a given, since they were on a variety show together, but it was still nice to see. They're all dorks offscreen but then once the camera is on do a 180. Love it.

Also this one lol. Based on their outfits, it always amused me that KJS and JSM were acting cute offcam here when they were all emotional and crying during the ep. Such talented dorks :D

rA3FaZ6.pngac1d0cf72836a207d73dd595e26c69795e9c833e  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvvFgWjmwP_cv934xNpC1   Episode 1 was simply amazing!!! 

Dang I never laughed so hard just what I needed and lucky me there is more.... 

For once its nice to be behind LOL:heart: to everyone...

Thankful @angelangie will be keeping me company and hoping we both catch up..

35 minutes ago, triplem said:

@USAFarmgirl So glad you are enjoying this . More abs scenes in store! :D 

——

let’s enjoy more of KJS lovely physique 

Ooohhhhh very nice!!! :love: but I would trade abs for good kisses. I'm not greedy. :grimace: I laughed so hard when KJS leaned on the shower door and it opened and he almost fell. Thank goodness for these little tidbits @triplem! You're keeping me sane!

Archived